PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Jordan Center Thread

Pages : [1] 2

stone4140
10-07-2003, 07:39 PM
hoping to obtain some damn good tickets....any thing concering bryce jordan center, put it here!

see ya there

atum8
10-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Concerning the great BJC and the State College area in general; I was there for the 4/5/02 show and thought it was a decent venue. The crowd was a little peeved overall because the setlist was a bit different...i.e. Pig, Help Myself, and let's not remember IDI as closer encore. I'm not sure if this show will attract as many college students as a normal show, although with Trey there I don't see why it wouldn't. I'm hoping for some decent Wharehouse love as well. Can't wait to see what they are going to suprise us with.

kford
10-07-2003, 09:33 PM
The Bryce Jordan Center is the closest place to WVU, I hope I can get tickets. Penn State has a nice campus. How many people does the Bryce Jordan Center hold?

stone4140
10-07-2003, 09:36 PM
The Bryce Jordan Center is the closest place to WVU, I hope I can get tickets. Penn State has a nice campus. How many people does the Bryce Jordan Center hold?

it holds right around 16,000

gottalovenancie
10-07-2003, 11:21 PM
I shalnt be declined

tatumsnyc
10-08-2003, 02:27 AM
I think the show at the Bryce Jordan Center will be, quite possibly, the show with the least demand for tickets. I'm probably going to this show, but I might believe the place to be cursed after the last time they played there....

gottalovenancie
10-08-2003, 07:36 AM
It'll be fun (If I get tix) to not know what songs theyve been playing since there wont be any set's to look at from previous shows.

mulder11
10-08-2003, 09:03 AM
How is the stage typically configured for a show at the center? Will the stage be on the end and will seating be available behind the stage? If so, that's where my Warehouse tickets will be located as usual.

Enduring Dan
10-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by tatumsnyc
I'm probably going to this show, but I might believe the place to be cursed after the last time they played there....

It's also noteworthy that an absolutely stellar show was played here during the winter tour of...00? 01? Where blue water was ressurrected, at least in tease form, not to mention an encore which included IBYU and Halloween.

firedncr4136
10-08-2003, 10:10 AM
this is the only show i'll be able to make it to. i'm hoping WH just pulls through for tickets. I'm not counting on good seats though. it'll be interesting to be at the first show and see what this D+F tour will have in store.

Enduring Dan
10-08-2003, 12:56 PM
What we need to do at this show is get a BJC-wide "WE ARE, PENN STATE" chant going....I'd like to hear Dave make some remark about it.

smallwaise
10-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by stone4140
it holds right around 16,000 i was there last week and it looks, from the outside, a lot small then that. like maybe 8-10,000.

smallwaise
10-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Enduring Dan
What we need to do at this show is get a BJC-wide "WE ARE, PENN STATE" chant going....I'd like to hear Dave make some remark about it. that'd kick ass, my brother g oes there (he's a member of the KA frat), we went to the minnesota game last week, it was my 2nd game at beaver stadium, there's no other atmosphere like it

especially the "WE ARE.....PENN STATE"

flyer3468
10-08-2003, 02:52 PM
What we need to do at this show is get a BJC-wide "WE ARE, PENN STATE" chant going....I'd like to hear Dave make some remark about it.

It'll happen whether its organized or not.

lzldmb
10-08-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm headed to BJC, second closest venue to MI and I want to hit two shows this winter. I'm pumped, and that chant will most likely happen no matter what. It's innate.

recentlytrippin
10-08-2003, 03:02 PM
It holds 16,000 for a basketball game, so it is close to 17,000 for a concert.

http://www.bjc.psu.edu/Arena/default.asp?section=faqs

recentlytrippin
10-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by smallwaise
i was there last week and it looks, from the outside, a lot small then that. like maybe 8-10,000.

You have to remember, when you walk in at ground level...

You are at the top of the arena.

recentlytrippin
10-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by lzldmb
I'm headed to BJC, second closest venue to MI and I want to hit two shows this winter. I'm pumped, and that chant will most likely happen no matter what. It's innate.

Josh, I'll be there too.
This time, you can't hide from me.;)

lzldmb
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by recentlytrippin
Josh, I'll be there too.
This time, you can't hide from me.;)
:lol

You must remember, good Rich, that I was not hiding at Central Park. I even talked to you. Watched the show just a couple feet from you. If that's hiding then I wasn't doing a good job. ;)

This time, we shall meet up, and I shall say my name. :)

Enduring Dan
10-08-2003, 03:10 PM
i was there last week and it looks, from the outside, a lot small then that. like maybe 8-10,000.

Yeah, it definitely holds about 16,000. Let me look out the window to check....

Yep...it's that big.

Haha, you're right about the atmosphere in the stadium. That crowd was ravenous. Too bad we lost in the end. *sigh* Haha, and if you think that was a great atmosphere, you should have seen the Nebraska game last year when we won 40-7....insane.

recentlytrippin
10-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by lzldmb
:lol

You must remember, good Rich, that I was not hiding at Central Park. I even talked to you. Watched the show just a couple feet from you. If that's hiding then I wasn't doing a good job. ;)

This time, we shall meet up, and I shall say my name. :)

I'm just messing with ya!!!:)

lzldmb
10-08-2003, 03:14 PM
I'm just messing with ya!!!:)
We will see, good Rich, we will see. :D

brobbins40
10-08-2003, 03:37 PM
that'd kick ass, my brother g oes there (he's a member of the KA frat), we went to the minnesota game last week, it was my 2nd game at beaver stadium, there's no other atmosphere like it

especially the "WE ARE.....PENN STATE"

There is defintely no atmosphere like Beaver Stadium. I'd like to say that a speaker fell on my head at the KA frat last friday night. It wasn't much fun, hahaha.

BJC is a great place for a concert and i'm pumped! See ya'll there!

-Bobby

RoseyPSU
10-08-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm so bummed about the date of this show. There is nothing I rather do then go up to PSU for the first show of the tour, but alas, it is directly in the middle of law school finals.

I guess I'll just have to settle for Beaver Stadium for OSU and IU.

stone4140
10-08-2003, 05:48 PM
its sounding like a lot of people are expecting a PSU football game and not a concert...i mean i doubt this is as intense of a vibe and as calm as a D+T show, but im sure it deserves a little more respect than a full band show....just my view

GoLdpHiShDMB
10-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Is anyone buying an extra ticket off of warehouse that i could buy from? I'll pick anyone up for the show, (With a reasonable distance). I'd just rather have a warehouse ticket than wait until Nov. when all the good seats are gone! Laterr

rjhuf
10-08-2003, 08:41 PM
It's also noteworthy that an absolutely stellar show was played here during the winter tour of...00? 01? Where blue water was ressurrected, at least in tease form, not to mention an encore which included IBYU and Halloween.

Yeah -- it was Dec. 8, 2000. Great show. In fact, the only bad DMB show I ever saw was the last time they played there, in April 2002. I don't think the place is cursed at all...But if they close with I Did It this time, I'll be pissed.:)

Enduring Dan
10-08-2003, 09:58 PM
its sounding like a lot of people are expecting a PSU football game and not a concert...i mean i doubt this is as intense of a vibe and as calm as a D+T show, but im sure it deserves a little more respect than a full band show....just my view

No, you're probably right. I just think a little "We are penn state" might be entertaning before the show, or during the encore break....

We just have too much school pride around here.

stone4140
10-08-2003, 10:06 PM
No, you're probably right. I just think a little "We are penn state" might be entertaning before the show, or during the encore break....

yea, by no means am i saying all the psu people shouldnt have school pride, just not in the middle of stay or leave "we are pen state," if you catch my drift....always at least one person though....oh well

Enduring Dan
10-09-2003, 12:06 AM
just not in the middle of stay or leave "we are pen state," if you catch my drift....always at least one person though....oh well

haha, no dude. I definitely hear that.

recentlytrippin
10-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Eventhough tickets aren't guarranteed yet, I'm starting to get pretty excited.

stone4140
10-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Eventhough tickets aren't guarranteed yet, I'm starting to get pretty excited.

same here...someone revive this thread...BJC will be the best show of the tour!:cool:

stone4140
10-25-2003, 02:51 PM
wheres the love for bryce jordan center...jeesh...i cant wait

Enduring Dan
10-25-2003, 03:35 PM
We're all mourning our 2-6 record.

stone4140
10-25-2003, 05:42 PM
We're all mourning our 2-6 record.

:lol :lol

stone4140
10-29-2003, 11:32 PM
whose coming with me...or am i still a dumbass for trying to keep this post going...i was confirmed...quite a happy man right now...i hope im not expecting too much...

Enduring Dan
10-30-2003, 12:48 AM
Confirmed here.

Word.

PhoenixPSU
10-30-2003, 01:33 AM
So who's going to be up early on Friday? I'd like to get a little pre-show Ants bar tour going...Gotta hit Cafe, Skellar, Saloon...For people making a weekend of it, the Phyrst on Saturday night. Anyone game?

rjhuf
10-30-2003, 01:47 AM
Anybody know if classes and/or finals are supposed to be over by then? I'm just wondering how crowded downtown and the bars are going to be.

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixPSU
So who's going to be up early on Friday? I'd like to get a little pre-show Ants bar tour going...Gotta hit Cafe, Skellar, Saloon...For people making a weekend of it, the Phyrst on Saturday night. Anyone game?

The Crowbar is where the magic happens.. Unless Velveeta and/or Axum are playing elsewhere. The kiss of the Crowbar has made me walk to my apartment 3 times around 230am b/c I missed the bus. And my apartment's a good 3 miles or so away. Thank god I was drunk those times. And no we didn't stop to pee at the bank parking lot.. :rolleyes:

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by rjhuf
Anybody know if classes and/or finals are supposed to be over by then? I'm just wondering how crowded downtown and the bars are going to be.

Friday would be the last official day of classes. What a way to end it all :)

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 01:52 AM

They didn't do IBYU.. they did Christmas into Halloween.. and then Ants Marching. That was at the 12.08.00 show. It was spectacular, did I mention that? :)

Joe M.
10-30-2003, 03:13 PM
I'll be there. Now lets find someone on here that works at the Center. :)

PhoenixPSU
10-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by firedancer715
The Crowbar is where the magic happens.. Unless Velveeta and/or Axum are playing elsewhere. The kiss of the Crowbar has made me walk to my apartment 3 times around 230am b/c I missed the bus. And my apartment's a good 3 miles or so away. Thank god I was drunk those times. And no we didn't stop to pee at the bank parking lot.. :rolleyes:

Never been a big Crowbar fan. Only times I've been there are for bands. Not really my atmosphere. I'm generally a Cafe/Saloon/G-man guy. Though unless the Ants group is going to be populated by other frat guys, we should probably avoid the G-man.

SexiPlexi04
10-30-2003, 03:27 PM

Did you go see Timmy at the Crowbar about a month and a half ago?

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by SexiPlexi04
Did you go see Timmy at the Crowbar about a month and a half ago?

Unfortunately I couldn't make it.. but I did get there a year ago when he was there. I was front and center and managed to get an autographed setlist. The show was amazing, spectacular, etc. :D

2stepsoright
10-30-2003, 03:37 PM
whose coming with me...or am i still a dumbass for trying to keep this post going...i was confirmed...quite a happy man right now...i hope im not expecting too much...

Im going. Leaving from VA as well. Should be a nice drive.

SexiPlexi04
10-30-2003, 03:38 PM
wow, that's awesome! I saw him this past time, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't very impressed. He rocked the acoustic, but I couldn't really get into the electric stuff.

btw, I'll see you at PSU!!!!!!

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 03:59 PM
wow, that's awesome! I saw him this past time, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't very impressed. He rocked the acoustic, but I couldn't really get into the electric stuff.

btw, I'll see you at PSU!!!!!!

The acoustic was excellent. Just seeing him up that close and his fingers flying around.. blew my mind. The electric stuff I thought was stellar. It was a very heavy performance, and since I only knew Tim from his performances with Dave.. I didn't think it was possible for that to come out of Tim.. haha. I was on the sidewalk waiting to get in, and he was helping to load his stuff inside, and I was blown away by how short he was. Like, I knew he was of shorter stature.. but still. I think I was just star-struck.. I would've asked for a pic with him since I had my camera.. but.. I was too in awe. It was really weird.

biloblair
10-30-2003, 08:00 PM
:p Here's to another setlist filled with energy . . . hopefully we all partake of our festives prior to entering the building . . .

The security is somewhat tight.. . enjoy the smokes while you can, but provide all the energy as though it were an outside venue. - been to BJC for their last 3 shows and enjoyed each and every (especially 12-8-00 w/ Blue Water into JTR) .

Who cares what they play . . . it will be an awesome night to have fun (and listen) with some fantastic musicians, regardless if they all make the Top 10 list of influential musicians of the 90's...

It will be a night to remember, regardless...

I hope you all enjoy as much as we will (yes, confirmed tickets !)

- Biloblair

smallwaise
10-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by brobbins40
I'd like to say that a speaker fell on my head at the KA frat last friday night. It wasn't much fun, hahaha.
:lol who are you friends with from the frat? my brother is matt waisnor btw, dunno if you know him at all. the parties i went to (friday and saturday on the weekend of the minnesota game) my brother said were kinda bad compared to normal, but i still had a great time. cool guys cool area of town.

biloblair
10-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Halloween Halloween Halloween (forgot that energy during 12-8-03) ... just some 10 yards behind Dave and the boys . . . as you can hear my excitement on 'some' recordings from that night . . . "yeahhhhhh" ;)

biloblair
10-30-2003, 08:46 PM
12-08-00 .. rather ;)

Enduring Dan
10-30-2003, 09:23 PM
As I sit here in the library studying for an exam tomorrow, I can't help but be thinking about this concert. Shit, it's going to be happening 15 mins down the street. I'm utterly psyched for it. I think plans are in the works for post-game festivities. We may need to orchestrate something for us 20 year olds that can't attend the bars....:D

BKeener
10-30-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm driving almost 9 hours to go see this show...never been to PSU or the Bryce Jordan Center, but it's the closest venue to me this tour. How is the venue?

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 10:22 PM
As I sit here in the library studying for an exam tomorrow, I can't help but be thinking about this concert. Shit, it's going to be happening 15 mins down the street. I'm utterly psyched for it. I think plans are in the works for post-game festivities. We may need to orchestrate something for us 20 year olds that can't attend the bars....:D

I might have to help you out again, eh? If Heather and I don't go to the bars, we'll do something with you. Or something. :)

Joe M.
10-30-2003, 10:28 PM
So whats the number one bar near by?

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Joe M.

I prefer Crowbar or Sportscenter (um.. SportsCafe for you newbies). Crowbar if you wanna party hardcore (and pay a cover), and Sportscenter if you just wanna hang out and drink (no cover). Actually.. those are the only two bars I've been to on campus.. but the Darkhorse Tavern and the Saloon are great. The Phyrst and the Rathskellar are kinda old-head places. Stick with the bars on College Ave - they're better.

rjhuf
10-30-2003, 11:03 PM

If you like really good beer, go to Zeno's.

firedancer715
10-30-2003, 11:30 PM
You pretty much can't go wrong at the bars here. Well.. unless you go to Player's.. Ugh. I'd have to be really drunk to go in there. Too many ho's, I can't deal with 'em. I don't do dancing either. That's a dance place. So I hear anyway. Depends on what your style is.

lovelight
10-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Sportscenter, never heard it called that

firedancer715
10-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah, they apparently renamed it or something.. I dunno. My brother transferred there fall of 98 and graduated in 2000.. so.. somewhere in that time frame it was the Sportscenter. I like it better than the Sports Cafe.. I dunno. Hehe.

Firedncin8nancy
10-31-2003, 06:04 PM
jkanter and i will see yall at the BJC!

stone4140
11-01-2003, 04:59 PM
did anyone who got declined for BJC have trouble w/ ticketmaster? if you didnt what seats did you get ?

jfm05
11-01-2003, 05:05 PM
hey guys, dont tickets go on sale on the 8th for this show ? and can i only buy tickets at the bjc box office? thats what i asuumed ?

PhoenixPSU
11-01-2003, 06:31 PM
BJC website should have a link where you can buy tickets as well.

Enduring Dan
11-01-2003, 09:34 PM
I thought it was notable that the first official announcement of the concert came today during the football game. There were spotty cheers in the student section. Pretty amusing.

Oh and we lost 20-21. *cry* :violent

firedancer715
11-01-2003, 09:42 PM
I didn't hear anything at the game announce, but oh well. My friends were MEGA loud (dunno where you were Dan, but we were EA, row 6, even. It was a fucking blast. Except for the fact that we lost. Fuckers.

Enduring Dan
11-02-2003, 03:16 AM
I didn't hear anything at the game announce, but oh well. My friends were MEGA loud (dunno where you were Dan, but we were EA, row 6, even. It was a fucking blast. Except for the fact that we lost. Fuckers.

SE row 40 or something. Yeah, the game was a shit lot of fun, until we got beat.

Afoolsmistake
11-02-2003, 08:10 AM
HAHAHAH ::Pitt Cheer:: PENN STATE SUCKS..

lol

Enduring Dan
11-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Afoolsmistake
HAHAHAH ::Pitt Cheer:: PENN STATE SUCKS..

lol

not laughing.

firedancer715
11-02-2003, 01:58 PM
not laughing.

hehehe

PhoenixPSU
11-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Now, now, let's have pity on the poor soul from Shittsburgh.

Joe M.
11-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Oh and we lost 20-21. *cry* :violent

:evil Go Bucks.

firedancer715
11-02-2003, 04:43 PM
There were some PSU student Ohio fans sitting a few rows in front of us. They were pretty cool though, except for them being dressed in red and cheering for Ohio of course. When we were leaving, my friends and I were right behind them. Some of my friends were like, 'Your best bet is to just walk out of here and not say a thing.. don't make eye contact with anyone..' Hehe. Some of the Ohio fans that were tailgating with us were pretty cool too. Nothing against 'em. It was (like usual) mostly the ref's fault we lost due to some bad calls (of course). We don't suck as bad as people might think..

gottalovenancie
11-02-2003, 07:00 PM
yuuup

smallwaise
11-02-2003, 10:09 PM
There were some PSU student Ohio fans sitting a few rows in front of us. They were pretty cool though, except for them being dressed in red and cheering for Ohio of course. When we were leaving, my friends and I were right behind them. Some of my friends were like, 'Your best bet is to just walk out of here and not say a thing.. don't make eye contact with anyone..' Hehe. Some of the Ohio fans that were tailgating with us were pretty cool too. Nothing against 'em. It was (like usual) mostly the ref's fault we lost due to some bad calls (of course). We don't suck as bad as people might think.. yeah penn state's young and they've lost so many tough close games. they'll be great next year. austin scott looked great against minnesota when i was at the game

firedancer715
11-02-2003, 10:16 PM
yeah penn state's young and they've lost so many tough close games. they'll be great next year. austin scott looked great against minnesota when i was at the game

Yeah unfortunately I'm a senior this year so I most likely won't be around for it. I'm trying to stay in the area after graduation, and maybe mooching off my brother's alumni tix until I can afford my own.. haha.

PhoenixPSU
11-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Ack! What is this thread doing buried all the way down on page 5?!?!?!

Anyway, yes, PSU will be a Big Ten contender next year. Maybe it'll even be a good enough season that Joe will pack it up and call it a career.

So with just over a month to go, what kind of Ants gathering, if any, will we be having. I don't know if the BJC allows parking lot tailgating. Course it will be the middle of freakin' December. Not that the cold stops us during football season. :)

Ross

hotstuffcharlie
11-05-2003, 02:25 PM
I'll be at this show...just so everyone knows.

mrs295
11-05-2003, 11:08 PM
I'll be there. Now lets find someone on here that works at the Center. :)

Guess who...I work for psu sports info...gonna try and catch soundcheck...

mrs295
11-05-2003, 11:09 PM
I'll also be at the show...so what bars is everyone going to afterwards?

Rob D
11-07-2003, 08:44 AM
need to give this thread some love. i'll be at psu. driving up from raleigh w/ frankthetank.

il bacio dolce
11-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Man, I wish I was going on 12/12, but I can't get tickets and then even if I could I have no way out there. *sniff*

FrankTheTank
11-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by rdaviero
need to give this thread some love. i'll be at psu. driving up from raleigh w/ frankthetank. good times.

firedancer715
11-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Anybody that's at PSU Upark now wanna come with me and sell $5 cups of coffee/hot chocolate to the poor saps that are probably sleeping over in the extreme cold at BJC waiting to buy tickets at 10am tomorrow? Hehe...

stone4140
11-07-2003, 11:59 PM
starting to get really psyched .... when do you think we will learn of seating assignments.... that warehouse chat said sometime within the week

mrs295
11-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Anybody that's at PSU Upark now wanna come with me and sell $5 cups of coffee/hot chocolate to the poor saps that are probably sleeping over in the extreme cold at BJC waiting to buy tickets at 10am tomorrow? Hehe...
There's no need to sleepover. Just get a wristband.

brobbins40
11-08-2003, 12:24 AM
there's no reason to go the BJC for tix. My friend did for 4/5/02 and got behind the stage when I had seats that were right on with the stage through ticket master over an hour after he got his tickets. I can't freaking wait for this concert!

We do have to have a meeting place for all of us under 21'ers.

-Bobby

firedancer715
11-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by mrs295
There's no need to sleepover. Just get a wristband.

AHHH - don't ruin it for me! Haha. When I was still in PSU Hazleton, my roommate and I made fun of all the people waiting in line.. See, we had a Ticketmaster outlet/location in the housing office.. and the people were lined up the night before.. lawn chairs, sleeping bags, blankets, radio, hot chocolate, etc. My roommate and I weren't all mean, but we were just like, 'Hmm.. I wonder what the line is for?' and she's like, 'Wait - aren't DMB tickets on sale tomorrow?' I'm all, 'Hey - I think you're right. *pause* Man.. that's a shame we have our tickets already..' Her - 'Yeeah.. I guess we'll just have to sleep in our warm comfy beds tonight.' Me 'Yeah - it's kinda chilly out here - we'll have to turn our heater way up and maybe I'll even turn my electric blanket on..' haha - Yeah, we were pretty mean.. but most of the people that were in the line we didn't really like (PSU Hazleton was a small-ass campus..)

PhoenixPSU
11-10-2003, 02:45 PM
People camping outside BJC and Eisenhower Auditorium were always hilarious. Good times. :)

We're dropping the ball here on getting pre-/post-show plans set up. Who's over 21? Who's under 21? What bars for the old folks? What are the youngin's doin? Questions to be answered!

Less than a month til the show! Let's keep this thread on top. :)

Ross

SevenMinarets
11-10-2003, 02:54 PM
So who has seats in section 125???? No one?? damnit I'm probably the only one with a side view.

Enduring Dan
11-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Under 21 here. I know a lot of people who are going , mostly my age (19-20)...so we definitely need to figure something out.

brobbins40
11-10-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm under 21 too..no bars here

firedancer715
11-10-2003, 05:54 PM
I've said it before.. I'm 21 :)

But I have no clue where I'm going or what I'm doing that day. I know I'm hitting the bars the Thursday before.. but I seriously won't be thinking about that until AFTER Thanksgiving break. I've got so much work to get done beforehand that I really can't think about it yet..

stone4140
11-10-2003, 06:42 PM
being under 21 is sooo much cooler....

:rolleyes:

firedancer715
11-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Riiiiiiight.

Haha - been there, done that, glad it's over with. No offense to you guys under 21.. but yeah. It's so convenient in a college town.. and since I was one of the last of my friends to turn 21(Enduring Dan's birthday mission for next year is 'Get 21'.. haha.. which is inevitable..).. yeah.. glad it's over. :p

Jydmb33
11-10-2003, 07:48 PM
soooooooo pumpeddddddddd ill be there 216 nothing great but soooo cares

BKeener
11-10-2003, 07:57 PM
In the pictures I've seen, the Bryce Jordan Center appears to be rather small.....kinda looks like there is not a bad seat in the house. Any thoughts on the venue itself?

nit10elions
11-10-2003, 08:19 PM
WE ARE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

firedancer715
11-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by nit10elions
WE ARE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PENN STATE!

Couldn't resist.

But save it for the game this weekend.... haha.

firedancer715
11-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by BKeener
In the pictures I've seen, the Bryce Jordan Center appears to be rather small.....kinda looks like there is not a bad seat in the house. Any thoughts on the venue itself?

I think some of us might have answered that already... but yeah. It's a pretty great venue. I've had seats in 227 and 107 before, and they were both not bad at all. It looks small on the outside, but I think it was pointed out that a lot of the seating is 'below ground.'

I think the sound is pretty tight in there - definitely one of my favorite indoor venues.

stone4140
11-10-2003, 09:06 PM
bryce jordan center IS the first venue of the tour, right????

BKeener
11-10-2003, 09:16 PM
bryce jordan center IS the first venue of the tour, right????

Yes...so we will be the first to hear many of these songs played for the public for the first time!!!!! :) VERY EXCITING!

antsmarching41
11-10-2003, 09:22 PM
So who has seats in section 125???? No one?? damnit I'm probably the only one with a side view.

I had seats at the 4-5-02 show in that section...row h seat 6...it was a really good place to sit

me and my g/f were planning on going to a local uni-mart to get tickets on saturday morning, but on friday a local radio station Variety 97.7 = crappy music for those who dont live in the williamsport area but they were giving away tickets and my girlfriend won 2 by banging pots outside in her pajamas in 40 degree weather and sing her favorite dmb song (dreaming tree) she is awesome

nit10elions
11-10-2003, 11:01 PM
PENN STATE!

Couldn't resist.

But save it for the game this weekend.... haha.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there Saturday (as every home game)

firedancer715
11-10-2003, 11:15 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there Saturday (as every home game)

Haha yeah, same as me. Except my friend from home is coming up, and it's his birthday.. so I scored my brother's alumni tickets and we'll be sitting down for the game. For once. It kinda sucks I won't be in the student section for my last home game as a PSU student... but... Whatever, I have faith I'll get there again since I have some friends that aren't graduating on time :) GO ME! haha.

Now... if only we could convince DMB to put a concert on in Beaver Stadium.. I'd shit myself. Haha.

nit10elions
11-11-2003, 08:00 AM

Now... if only we could convince DMB to put a concert on in Beaver Stadium.. I'd shit myself. Haha.

I think you got that wrong. you have to convince JoePa to let DMB play Beaver Stadium. He will not even let the Blue Band on the field if it is raining...LMAO

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 08:29 AM
I think you got that wrong. you have to convince JoePa to let DMB play Beaver Stadium. He will not even let the Blue Band on the field if it is raining...LMAO

Haha - true, true. Gotta protect the field.. eh - I'm sure DMB could take special precautions.. build a nice little flooring thing to cover the field and let everyone dance like fools on it. Haha. Or what if they just had the stage in the center of the stadium and had it rotating around? Everyone could be in the seats and not on the field, and everyone would be happy all around? Plus - how sweet would it be to see that happen? Just hope that no one in the band would get motion sickness... haha.

stunnersal
11-11-2003, 09:58 AM
I will be there....What's going on as far as pre-party...I'm coming from Jersey so any info would be appreciated...Can't wait!!!

-sal

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 12:34 PM
As I was waiting for the Link/Loop today, I saw the sign by BJC was saying 'Dave Matthews and Friends' on it. Gave me a warm fuzzy. :) And apparently tickets are still on sale, so if you haven't bought them yet - BUY 'EM NOW! haha.

Enduring Dan
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Section 104L, Row GG. I can take it.

FrankTheTank
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
bjc is small, yeah?

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by FrankTheTank
bjc is small, yeah?

Relatively, yeah.

stone4140
11-11-2003, 04:33 PM
does anyone know if sec. 109, row M is as bad as it looks ? (at BJC of course)

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 04:37 PM
does anyone know if sec. 109, row M is as bad as it looks ? (at BJC of course)

You'll be surprised, it's really not as bad as it looks on paper/screen.

stone4140
11-11-2003, 04:48 PM
thanks...are you going ?

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Yuppers. Section 121L, Row KK. Not great, but not bad by any means. But this will be my 3rd time, and I've been a little closer the other 2 times. But whatever - I'm going and that's all that matters :)

stone4140
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
so true-:cool:

nit10elions
11-11-2003, 05:19 PM
sect 107l - row hh - wooo hoo..I think this is close to the first row of the floor section. if I remember correctly it is opposite

BKeener
11-11-2003, 05:28 PM
105, Row G....GUARANTEED!!!!! :D

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 05:41 PM
sect 107l - row hh - wooo hoo..I think this is close to the first row of the floor section. if I remember correctly it is opposite

I was told that KK is the first row off the floor. So yeah - that's not too far off :)

stone4140
11-11-2003, 07:12 PM
105, Row G....GUARANTEED!!!!! :D

Keener - if you dont mind me asking-- what part of VA?

casanova dmb
11-11-2003, 07:45 PM
I love to see my fellow PSU-ers going! The mens soccer team is going. Were psyched! Tickets arent as good as last two times here, but no complaints its going to be awesome!

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Hellz yeah!

nit10elions
11-11-2003, 08:15 PM
WE ARE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Enduring Dan
11-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Word.

The whole team? That's nuts. I get the feeling it's going to be a pretty loud crowd in there...just the way it should be. I hope people are respectful of teh acoustic set though. I want to be able to hear those guitars...

firedancer715
11-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Okay.. after today, I'm creaming my shorts thinking about the concert. I think I'll have to wear some Depends or Oops I Crapped My Pants to the concert..

wooly8
11-11-2003, 10:42 PM
How is 105 Row J? My girlfriend goes to Penn St. so I will be making the drive up from VA. Let me know how these seats are.

Thanks
Chris

Enduring Dan
11-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by wooly8
How is 105 Row J? My girlfriend goes to Penn St. so I will be making the drive up from VA. Let me know how these seats are.

Thanks
Chris

Not too bad, upper part of the lower level, near the stage.

BKeener
11-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by wooly8

Thanks
Chris

Interesting, I am from Virginia and have seats in Section 105 too. What a coincidence :) Where in VA are you from????

PhoenixPSU
11-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Grrr...Section 124, row A, bit of a side view. Melanie, what bars in SC you frequent?

firedancer715
11-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Grrr...Section 124, row A, bit of a side view. Melanie, what bars in SC you frequent?

I usually pre-game at Sports Cafe and then hit the Crowbar if Axum or Velveeta is playing. Where from 'outside of Philly' are you? I'm about 45 minutes north of Philly (depends how fast you drive though..). Ever hear of Quakertown/Souderton? Not a real exciting place to be, but whatever :p

And don't worry about your view. I was in section 227 the last time and it was pretty cool. I saw the dude tuning Dave's guitars, and the band walked out right from under me basically when they headed to the stage. It's a unique view, and I was still mad close even though I was 'way up there.' It's not the greatest, of course, but hey - it beats sitting here and waiting to see what songs pop up on the Road Page.. hehe. :D

wooly8
11-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Interesting, I am from Virginia and have seats in Section 105 too. What a coincidence :) Where in VA are you from????

Crazy coincidence......I am from Manassas, its in Northern VA near Fairfax. I am heading up to PSU this weekend and am going to try and find out more about the seats. Have a great time at the show.

Chris
wooly08@hotmail.com

PhoenixPSU
11-12-2003, 09:38 AM
I usually pre-game at Sports Cafe and then hit the Crowbar if Axum or Velveeta is playing. Where from 'outside of Philly' are you? I'm about 45 minutes north of Philly (depends how fast you drive though..). Ever hear of Quakertown/Souderton? Not a real exciting place to be, but whatever :p

Never been a big fan of Crowbar, except when Caroline's Spine comes through town. I prefer to catch those bands when they pop up at the Saloon. I'm usually at the Saloon for Friday happy hour 6-8, and I'm gonna try to get back to the Phyrst this Saturday, since it's been more than a month since I've been there.

I know exactly where Quakertown/Souderton is. I'm about a half hour down Route 309 from there, in Lower Gwynedd. If you know where the Montgomery Mall is, I used to work at the Leslie's Pool Supply just between Five Points and the mall on 309.

Ross

Rob D
11-12-2003, 10:10 AM
landed some good seats for this show. are people hanging out at certain places before and after the show? frankthetank and i are driving up from nc and should be in town around 4-5pm. need some food and beer pre-show...suggestions?

stunnersal
11-12-2003, 10:17 AM
landed some good seats for this show. are people hanging out at certain places before and after the show? frankthetank and i are driving up from nc and should be in town around 4-5pm. need some food and beer pre-show...suggestions? I really don't know the area too well, any info on meetups or places to go would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!!

-sal

stunnersal@hotmail.com

recentlytrippin
11-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by stunnersal
I really don't know the area too well, any info on meetups or places to go would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!!

-sal

stunnersal@hotmail.com

you mother fucker!!

I didn't know you were going to PSU...

Where are your seats?

stunnersal
11-12-2003, 10:21 AM
you mother fucker!!

I didn't know you were going to PSU...

Where are your seats? :lol yea i'm going to Philly too...They are pretty crappy Sec 224... Are you guys going??

recentlytrippin
11-12-2003, 10:22 AM
:lol yea i'm going to Philly too...They are pretty crappy Sec 224... Are you guys going??

Yeah, Sec. 123L. It is the same section we have been in for the last 3 shows.

We'll see you there.

stunnersal
11-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Yeah, Sec. 123L. It is the same section we have been in for the last 3 shows.

We'll see you there. Awesome!!! as it gets closer i'll pm you my #...I'm actually going solo, so it will be cool to see some friendly faces...

recentlytrippin
11-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Awesome!!! as it gets closer i'll pm you my #...I'm actually going solo, so it will be cool to see some friendly faces...

Definately. And things have been known to happen where you would accidently slip into Sec123L because you lost your bearing as to where your section was...;)

Joe M.
11-12-2003, 10:33 AM
114L :/ It's ok. Dead on lower. Someone going to pull out the seating chart and start marking it with seat locations? :)

recentlytrippin
11-12-2003, 10:41 AM
114L :/ It's ok. Dead on lower. Someone going to pull out the seating chart and start marking it with seat locations? :)

I'll get on it.:)

recentlytrippin
11-12-2003, 10:51 AM
here is the seat location map, feel free to add your own and repost it...

Joe M.
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Nicely done Rich. :)

firedancer715
11-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Never been a big fan of Crowbar, except when Caroline's Spine comes through town. I prefer to catch those bands when they pop up at the Saloon. I'm usually at the Saloon for Friday happy hour 6-8, and I'm gonna try to get back to the Phyrst this Saturday, since it's been more than a month since I've been there.

I know exactly where Quakertown/Souderton is. I'm about a half hour down Route 309 from there, in Lower Gwynedd. If you know where the Montgomery Mall is, I used to work at the Leslie's Pool Supply just between Five Points and the mall on 309.

Ross

No SHIT! I used to work in Montgomeryville Mall at the JCP. Worked there for about 4 years. Sucked balls, but hey - what can you do? I'm closer to Souderton (went to high school and such there) but I just say Quakertown because.. it's an exit off the Turnpike and more people might know where that is. Feel free to IM me if you wanna so we can talk about the small-world that we live in..

I don't really go to the bars all that much because a lot of my friends aren't really bar-goers. And the ones that are have been sooo swamped with work (LLED majors..) that they just don't have the time. I should really check out the Saloon sometime. I prefer to go with my friends and enjoy the time than get prissed up and try to meet guys at the bar for the sole purpose of getting some action or free drinks. And, as you know, that doesn't quite fit in with the bar scene here.. (or the culture..). I could ramble on and on about that, but I'd just sound bitter, and that's not the route I'm trying to travel.. haha. So.. yeah.. One month to go until Show Time!! :D

PhoenixPSU
11-12-2003, 01:41 PM
For the 21 year olds comin' up, I think my main suggestion for pre-show would be the Rathskellar for the beer drinkers. $3.00 pitchers of Yuenling Lager, Miller Lite, Rolling Rock, Coors Light, and Molson all the time.

For the liquor drinkers, I dare you to go to the Saloon and finish off a Monkey Boy pitcher for 5 bucks during happy hour (6-8 on Fridays) and get to the show. :)

Ross
AIM: Phoenix1452

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Monkey Boy Pitcher....I could hack it.

firedancer715
11-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Monkey Boy Pitcher....I could hack it.

Yeah but Dan - I believe you'd have to be 21 first to be able to get in there though.... :rolleyes: hehe

PhoenixPSU
11-12-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm not saying you couldn't make it to the show, it's just a question of what kind of condition you'd be in if you pounded a Monkey Boy pitcher in, say, 20 minutes in an attempt to get there on time.

FrankTheTank
11-12-2003, 06:34 PM
N1, Row 9.

crushnancy
11-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone! My husband and I will be heading to the show from Toronto....we figure that it will take us about 10 hours to get to PSU....not really sure though. We recently drove to Disney World for our honeymoon and found that Pittsburg was only 4hours away. Does anyone know how far PSU is from Pittsburg? We love road trips so it won't be that bad. Can anyone recommend a cheap but clean hotel to stay in for the night?

We got comfirmed crappy seats (section 220) but I am not going to complain as I am only a new member to Warehouse (1 month!!!) and I have heard terrible stories about long time members not getting any tickets.

My husband and I are both 26 so we would like to know where to hang out afterwards?

Karen

recentlytrippin
11-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by crushnancy
Hi everyone! My husband and I will be heading to the show from Toronto....we figure that it will take us about 10 hours to get to PSU....not really sure though. We recently drove to Disney World for our honeymoon and found that Pittsburg was only 4hours away. Does anyone know how far PSU is from Pittsburg? We love road trips so it won't be that bad. Can anyone recommend a cheap but clean hotel to stay in for the night?

We got comfirmed crappy seats (section 220) but I am not going to complain as I am only a new member to Warehouse (1 month!!!) and I have heard terrible stories about long time members not getting any tickets.

My husband and I are both 26 so we would like to know where to hang out afterwards?

Karen

Pittsburgh to State College- 3 hours

firedancer715
11-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by crushnancy
Can anyone recommend a cheap but clean hotel to stay in for the night?

Go to StateCollege.com (http://www.statecollege.com/hotels/) and you can find a listing of places to stay. I recommend the Sleep Inn on Atherton or the Motel 6 on Atherton. Fairly cheap, and very clean. I've stayed in both palces before when visiting my brother out here, and my parents have stayed there before when visiting me. I would stick with the 'big names' (e.g. Days Inn, Holiday Inn, etc.) but if they're booked, try the no-name places (I can't really think of 'em off hand). Good luck!

stone4140
11-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Keep this little chart going...

raven rr
11-12-2003, 08:45 PM
i wanted to post my seats on the lil attachment thing... but i'm retarded when it comes to doing that kind of stuff.
i'm in
Sec: 108L
Row: HH

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 09:01 PM
There I be.

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah but Dan - I believe you'd have to be 21 first to be able to get in there though.... :rolleyes: hehe

Pour it into a big ass thermos, and bring it to me :D

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 09:04 PM
here we go. I took the liberty of adding raven rr and firedancer715.

raven rr
11-12-2003, 09:12 PM
thanks dan! i'm jealous of those seats! how long have you been in???

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 09:19 PM
ummm....5th year? I think the warehouse started in dec. or something, and I joined the following march. they owe me :)

ERPITO
11-12-2003, 09:27 PM
im in row 23....and i think i will be staying where i stayed at for the april concert 2 years ago.....i cant remember the name but it looks like a storage place and it has shaggy carpet...anyone know the name??? i loved the place...anyway...any after party stuff going on???

raven rr
11-12-2003, 09:28 PM
dang..... if i had only known about warehouse 1 year earlier!!!
i'll be 4 years old on January 17

SexiPlexi04
11-12-2003, 09:41 PM
i just found out where my seats are.....

Sec 107
Row L

has anyone sat here before that can give me an idea of what it will be like?

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 09:45 PM
It's lower level, they should be pretty good.

SexiPlexi04
11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
It's lower level, they should be pretty good.

it's not lower level

Boiler
11-12-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm there, driving up from Charlotte Thurs-Fri.
Section 121L, Row DD

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 10:06 PM
it's not lower level

Yes it is, it's just not ultra lower level. the 200 section is the upper deck, and you're not there.

SexiPlexi04
11-12-2003, 10:10 PM
Yes it is, it's just not ultra lower level. the 200 section is the upper deck, and you're not there.

ah.....i see. I was talking about ultra lower level.

Enduring Dan
11-12-2003, 10:13 PM
ah.....i see. I was talking about ultra lower level.

Oh, ok....well regardless, they ought to be decent.

stunnersal
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
here we go. I took the liberty of adding raven rr and firedancer715. Cool idea...although we should start up a list, so we all can meet up before hand...

-sal

Rob D
11-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by FrankTheTank
N1, Row 9.

yeah you are!

firedancer715
11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Pour it into a big ass thermos, and bring it to me :D

Cuz that wouldn't look suspicious at ALL. Haha. I'm sure stranger things have happened before.... hehe.

Rob D
11-13-2003, 11:25 AM

SevenMinarets
11-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Section 125

DMBTripping#41
11-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Going to PSU 12-12. Seats are in Sec. 104 Row A Warehouse member since 3/01

raven rr
11-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by DMBTripping#41
Going to PSU 12-12. Seats are in Sec. 104 Row A Warehouse member since 3/01

so if i would have joined warehouse 1 year LATER i could have had seats 4 sections closer to the stage! i'm a lil bitter.

where in ohio are you taking the trip from???

firedancer715
11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by raven rr
so if i would have joined warehouse 1 year LATER i could have had seats 4 sections closer to the stage! i'm a lil bitter.

where in ohio are you taking the trip from???

Haha yeah - I was thinking the same thing too.. 8/00 member here.. and I'm in 121L.. but y'know... I'm hanging onto the fact that my time will come.. Someday.. Sometime.. when everyone gets fed up with the Warehouse and no one is a member.. I'll be front and center :p

raven rr
11-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Haha yeah - I was thinking the same thing too.. 8/00 member here.. and I'm in 121L.. but y'know... I'm hanging onto the fact that my time will come.. Someday.. Sometime.. when everyone gets fed up with the Warehouse and no one is a member.. I'll be front and center :p

maybe the WH will do seat upgrades for this tour! i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

firedancer715
11-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Haha, maybe, but it might be different since it's in a closed venue type thing.. I dunno. The only set upgrade I got was from Ticketmaster (7.15.00, my 18th b'day no less!) because they sold seats behind the stage and left a block of the floor open.. helloooo 34th row!

2stepsoright
11-13-2003, 03:03 PM
updated cahrt with me included

stunnersal
11-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Glad to see nobody has crappy seats like me...:lol

firedancer715
11-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Glad to see nobody has crappy seats like me...:lol

224 really isn't all that bad. I was in 227 before and it was pretty cool. I'm more worried about my seats because I'm going to be facing section 107.. I'll have to hope that no one is going to be in my way when I'm craning my neck.. and I'm short! Ugh. I might have to wear some tall shoes.. hehe.

nit10elions
11-13-2003, 04:25 PM
put me on the chart!!!!!!!!!

Sect 107L Row KK

nit10elions aka Bill

stunnersal
11-13-2003, 04:28 PM
224 really isn't all that bad. I was in 227 before and it was pretty cool. I'm more worried about my seats because I'm going to be facing section 107.. I'll have to hope that no one is going to be in my way when I'm craning my neck.. and I'm short! Ugh. I might have to wear some tall shoes.. hehe. Yeah i'm just happy to be going, i'm going to look to upgrade between now and then but if i don't i'm happy to be in the building for opening night!!

firedancer715
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
i'm happy to be in the building for opening night!!

Hellz yeah! That's the spirit :cool:

stone4140
11-13-2003, 05:30 PM
wonder how the whole thing is going to play out, first show and all of the tour...im thinkign we will hear a few mess ups? i have no idea...

Enduring Dan
11-13-2003, 10:30 PM
wonder how the whole thing is going to play out, first show and all of the tour...im thinkign we will hear a few mess ups? i have no idea...

Haha, we may not recognize them as mess ups because this is the first show they're playing. I love the fact that we have no expectations other than what we know of the studio recordings. It should be really exciting.

Now lets just hope the weather for the show isn't what it's like tonight. First measureable snow of the year, not to mention the 50 mph wind....ugh.

stone4140
11-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Haha, we may not recognize them as mess ups because this is the first show they're playing. I love the fact that we have no expectations other than what we know of the studio recordings. It should be really exciting.

Now lets just hope the weather for the show isn't what it's like tonight. First measureable snow of the year, not to mention the 50 mph wind....ugh.

really that bad?! i dont want to know wahts its going to be like in a month....we had some harsh winds here today, im sure in the 50 mph range also..

Enduring Dan
11-13-2003, 11:12 PM
really that bad?! i dont want to know wahts its going to be like in a month....we had some harsh winds here today, im sure in the 50 mph range also..

haha, I imagine it'll be about 20 degrees at showtime....as long as it's not snowing, we'll be ok :D Of course, we could have a giant pre-show snowball fight if it did...

dmbfan041
11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
sec 122L row AA i believe

firedancer715
11-14-2003, 01:00 AM
haha, I imagine it'll be about 20 degrees at showtime....as long as it's not snowing, we'll be ok :D Of course, we could have a giant pre-show snowball fight if it did...

At the 12.8 show I got in a snowball fight after the concert.. it was great. Haha. I'm up for some snowball fun :)

stunnersal
11-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Snowball fight pre-Dave sounds like fun to me too!!!

-sal:lol

PhoenixPSU
11-14-2003, 10:33 AM

Just get plenty of alcohol in your tummy. Will keep you nice and warm. :)

Ross

DMBTripping#41
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Driving from Toledo to the Concert, Raven rr

crushnancy
11-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks for your suggestions about where to stay! I will check some places out. Sounds like we are in for a 7-8 hour drive and depending on the weather!

PhoenixPSU
11-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Yet again this thread is getting buried, so not cool! C'mon, Dave clearly loves PSU more than any other school, so we all should too. :D

Ross

raven rr
11-17-2003, 02:47 PM
so have we figured out where the pre-game is taking place??? i'm driving in from cleveland. i'm hoping to get to college station around 330-400 and i want to get started having fun as soon as possible.

25 MORE DAYS TIL OPENING NIGHT!!!!!!

wordisb8nd
11-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Sitting Sec N1 Row 3. Hope to see some of u there.

PhoenixPSU
11-18-2003, 12:36 PM
so have we figured out where the pre-game is taking place??? i'm driving in from cleveland. i'm hoping to get to college station around 330-400 and i want to get started having fun as soon as possible.

25 MORE DAYS TIL OPENING NIGHT!!!!!!

College Station?! That's Texas:violent . Hahahahaha.

I don't have class on Fridays, and I'll probably talk Mel into skipping any classes she has to get out to the bars good and early.

Drop me an IM, Phoenix1452, when it gets closer and I'll give you my cell. Though so far Melanie and I seem to be the only people avidly determined to go out. What about everyone else???

Ross

firedancer715
11-18-2003, 02:48 PM
College Station?! That's Texas:violent . Hahahahaha.

I don't have class on Fridays, and I'll probably talk Mel into skipping any classes she has to get out to the bars good and early.

Drop me an IM, Phoenix1452, when it gets closer and I'll give you my cell. Though so far Melanie and I seem to be the only people avidly determined to go out. What about everyone else???

Ross

Ooooohhhh so far ahead of you there. My friend is coming up Thursday.. and the only thing I have to do on Friday is hand in an essay.. So I'm gonna see if I can hand the essay in Thursday. :D I'm thinking a Thirsty Thursday is more in order than on Friday (I do want to remember the concert and/or not be puking in the bathroom.. hehe). That way we have all Friday to sleep in and take it easy.. so we can have a couple before the concert at least. But hey - we'll see what happens when it gets closer. Right now I'm just trying to get through this weekend's drinking schedule.. haha. :evil

raven rr
11-18-2003, 03:12 PM
as long as i get to STATE COLLEGE (sorry bout that) at a decent time, i'm in for having a drink to 2.... good point mel, i enjoy remembering the shows and not having to piss during the set.

stunnersal
11-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Any ideas yet as to where to go drinking???

-sal

PhoenixPSU
11-18-2003, 03:57 PM
as long as i get to STATE COLLEGE (sorry bout that) at a decent time, i'm in for having a drink to 2.... good point mel, i enjoy remembering the shows and not having to piss during the set.

I wasn't recommending getting completely sloshed before the show. Drink slowly and you'll be fine. I know I'm just speaking for myself here, but I personally don't really know a lot of you and think it would be cool to hang out over a few drinks during the afternoon and just shoot the shit.

And Mel brings up a good point...Thirsty Thursday here is awesome, so if anyone's comin' down that early, let us know.

Ross

raven rr
11-18-2003, 04:16 PM
^
well shit... maybe i'll make the trip thursday night!
gotta see how finals go

firedancer715
11-18-2003, 04:52 PM
I wasn't recommending getting completely sloshed before the show.

Hehe, true true. Guess I'm just afraid I'll be all, 'But one more won't hurt anything!'

Thirsty Thursday sounds like a plan though. Can't even wait :D

PhoenixPSU
11-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Hehe, true true. Guess I'm just afraid I'll be all, 'But one more won't hurt anything!'

Thirsty Thursday sounds like a plan though. Can't even wait :D

It's not my fault if you can't control yourself. :p

Enduring Dan
11-18-2003, 06:52 PM

Man, I feel out of the loop here. Thirsty Thursday's before DMB shows have done me in before though. Ask mel. haha. I had an especially thirsty one before going to Camden earlier in Sept. for the two shows. Rough day. Great show.

On a side note, I'm glad to see this thread is representin.

PhoenixPSU
11-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Man, I feel out of the loop here. Thirsty Thursday's before DMB shows have done me in before though. Ask mel. haha. I had an especially thirsty one before going to Camden earlier in Sept. for the two shows. Rough day. Great show.

Mel and I don't have classes Friday, and you should skip yours if you have 'em. Should give you plenty of time to sleep it off.

Pound as much water as you can at night before going to bed, 2 glasses in the morning and take 2 advil...You'll be as fit as a fiddle (unless we're talking about Boyd's untuned monstrosity).

Ross

firedancer715
11-18-2003, 07:59 PM

I'll say it before and I'll say it again... bite me. :p haha

firedancer715
11-18-2003, 08:03 PM

Haha - I think I still have Cheerios in the back of my car.. hahaha.

Don't worry, you and I will work on you getting stocked up for that night.. so you can at least be drinking with us in spirit :D

PhoenixPSU
11-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Haha - I think I still have Cheerios in the back of my car.. hahaha.

Don't worry, you and I will work on you getting stocked up for that night.. so you can at least be drinking with us in spirit :D

If we're doing Thirsty Thursday there will be tequila shots. And they're not optional. Every must do at least one. And Thirsty Thursday doesn't HAVE to be the bars. My room at my house is a little on the small side, but perhaps Mel's apt for that marinated steak she owes me after not inviting me for dinner tonight.

Ross:p

firedancer715
11-18-2003, 08:44 PM
If we're doing Thirsty Thursday there will be tequila shots. And they're not optional. Every must do at least one. And Thirsty Thursday doesn't HAVE to be the bars. My room at my house is a little on the small side, but perhaps Mel's apt for that marinated steak she owes me after not inviting me for dinner tonight.

Ross:p

Haha - the steak is still marinating! It won't be ready until tomorrow anyway. And I wanna make sure it comes out right. Retard. ;)

Tequila + me <> mix well

I've never had tequila. Well... straight. Haha. I dunno what they put in those Alabama Slammers, but they're damn good. ANYWAY. We'll figure something out mad soon.

stone4140
11-18-2003, 10:09 PM
hell yea to BJC

i shiver in sheer exictement whenever i think of this show

YAY for descriptive adjectives & verbs

il bacio dolce
11-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey I wanted to go to that show sooooooo much and I didn't get to. It woulda been mah first. *tear* I wanna see reviews, guys!

raven rr
11-18-2003, 10:49 PM
so what is this Thirsty Thursday you PSU-ers have been talking about???
from what i've gathered so far, it doesn't matter where you go....you just get F'd up!

PhoenixPSU
11-18-2003, 11:07 PM
from what i've gathered so far, it doesn't matter where you go....you just get F'd up!

That pretty much sums it up. :D

And Thirsty Thursday is exactly what it sounds like. The weekend at Penn State is 3 days long.

Ross

raven rr
11-18-2003, 11:13 PM
i better not have a final thursday night..... i'm up for drinking my ass off on a thursday night with some fellow ants!!! i just hope i have enough for a hotel for both nights!

firedancer715
11-19-2003, 08:09 AM

You've never heard of Thirsty Thursday before? There's a 'drinking slogan' for each day of the week, but fuck me if I remember 'em all. I think Tuesday just might be 'trashed tuesday' but I could totally be wrong.

Yeah - basically you go out Thursday night and start your weekend a bit early :)

PhoenixPSU
11-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Manic Monday, Trashed Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, Fucked-Up Friday, Sloshed Saturday, Sober Sunday...Wait, that last one can't be right.

Ross

Enduring Dan
11-19-2003, 09:42 AM
Everyone is talking about this Thursday drinking....AFTER the show is when the real fun will begin. It's the last day of classes for christ's sake!

stunnersal
11-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Everyone is talking about this Thursday drinking....AFTER the show is when the real fun will begin. It's the last day of classes for christ's sake! Now that sounds like a party!!!

raven rr
11-19-2003, 10:38 AM
we did Christmas in Hollis every thursday night when i was away at college....
we'd buy a shitload of 8-ball and 4 by 5 40's and get even more sauced!
maybe our schedule was a little off at Mount Union, we had Mango (it's a bar) monday
Tuesday was wing and porn night
Wednesday was the thursday night club (we'd start drinking wednesday afternoon and keep it going til thursday night or until we couldn't take any more)
Thursday was Christmas in Hollis
Friday and Saturday you just went where ever the girls were!

thirsty thursday sounds good to me though!

firedancer715
11-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Manic Monday, Trashed Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, Fucked-Up Friday, Sloshed Saturday, Sober Sunday...Wait, that last one can't be right.

Ross

THAT'S what I was thinking of. Hehe.

Enduring Dan
11-19-2003, 09:52 PM
What the hell kids? We can't let the thread lag back two pages...

On a side note, another day of delightful weather here. Jesus christ. I walked across campus and was completely waterlogged. I think I had about an inch of water in the bottom of my pack.

firedancer715
11-19-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeeeah - I almost missed my goddamn bus (it was fucking early!!) after class. F me if I was gonna wait around in the goddamn rain any longer than I had to.

BUT!

It's clearing up to be a pretty nice weekend! HELLZ YEAH!!

Enduring Dan
11-19-2003, 10:23 PM
and I feeling healthier, so hopefully I'll be able to live it up a little this weekend, as compared to last where I was near-comatose.

stone4140
11-19-2003, 10:24 PM
What the hell kids? We can't let the thread lag back two pages...

On a side note, another day of delightful weather here. Jesus christ. I walked across campus and was completely waterlogged. I think I had about an inch of water in the bottom of my pack.

same here...way too much rain...i took advantage and walked the dog for an hour...dont ask why...i cant get over how excited i am for BJC...and my newfound liking of penn state...minus Paterno...

raven rr
11-19-2003, 10:25 PM
so if they do follow the rumored format (dave & tim to start things off with the some devil band joining later on) what is going to open the tour? could it be the traditional 2003 D&T opener Bartender???
i'm going to go with the obvious pick, bartender, but im hoping for #41 to start it off.
if they jump right into shit with the full band, i'm gonna pick Save Me for the tour opener.
what do all you fellow BJC-goers think?

stone4140
11-19-2003, 10:27 PM
so if they do follow the rumored format (dave & tim to start things off with the some devil band joining later on) what is going to open the tour? could it be the traditional 2003 D&T opener Bartender???
i'm going to go with the obvious pick, bartender, but im hoping for #41 to start it off.
if they jump right into shit with the full band, i'm gonna pick Save Me for the tour opener.
what do all you fellow BJC-goers think?

if youre referring to what D&T will open with them im sure your right on the money...

but the actual event/show opener is Emmylou Harris and Spyboy....im just figuring you didnt know this because you didnt state it earlier....

raven rr
11-19-2003, 10:39 PM
^
i'm talking about the meat and potatoes of the show. emmylou and the spykid are gonna do their thing... i'll sit back and enjoy. but when the man takes the stage........ that's what i'm talking about.
since this will be the first show of the tour, i guess we'll be the first to find out exactly how it'll work! just wanted to know what y'all are expecting.

firedancer715
11-19-2003, 10:47 PM
and I feeling healthier, so hopefully I'll be able to live it up a little this weekend, as compared to last where I was near-comatose.

Haha - FRUIT! I need FRUIT and I have nowhere to get FRUIT! Hehe.

This weekend (a.k.a. Saturday night) I'm getting messed up. Kevin's coming up and Justin's coming out from LA. We're taking this place by storm (okay.. so we'll just go do the Crowbizzle and maybe the SportsCenter if we're not passed out by then). Hellz yeah! (It's funny how the people I drink with don't even go here anymore.. Dan - you need to Get 21 mad soon.. haha.)

raven rr
11-19-2003, 11:02 PM
mel or dan, or whoever else goes to PSU....
how late are the bars open there? i know PA has some wacked out liquor sales laws, so what's the deal???

firedancer715
11-19-2003, 11:11 PM
mel or dan, or whoever else goes to PSU....
how late are the bars open there? i know PA has some wacked out liquor sales laws, so what's the deal???

Ross might know better than me.. I usually leave the bars (at the latest) at 215am because the last bus to my apartment is 222am. I think twice I stayed until the end of things.. and that was around 230 or something (I found out that it only takes about 45 minutes to walk the 3 miles back to my apartment.. which isn't bad when you're drunk).

raven rr
11-19-2003, 11:17 PM
45 minutes isn't bad at all.... i've taken that long to walk a half a mile trashed before!
last year at PSU i kept getting on the wrong bus so my GF and i just walked back to the hotel from where ever the hell we were.... took about 30 minutes

PhoenixPSU
11-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Depends on which apt/hotel you're staying at. 45 minutes might not sound hella bad, but drunken in the ******** Penn State December freezing ass cold...Ummm, yeah, big part of my decision to stay living downtown.

And the bars close at 2, usually boot you at 20 past if you're still hangin' about.

Ross

firedancer715
11-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Depends on which apt/hotel you're staying at. 45 minutes might not sound hella bad, but drunken in the ******** Penn State December freezing ass cold...Ummm, yeah, big part of my decision to stay living downtown.

And the bars close at 2, usually boot you at 20 past if you're still hangin' about.

Ross

Yeah well.. it was July, and maybe once in September...

And when I was picking an apartment, the bars weren't really a concern then.. That's only been a 'problem' since July.. Hehe.

And the Crowbar is usually open past 2 if they have a musical act on stage - Tim Reynolds ran past 2, Axum ran past 2 and well into 230 (hence why we walked home that night..).. Ah yes, the memories. :D

Rob D
11-20-2003, 09:16 AM
question: think that the closer hotels are no vacancy? what hotels are close to the venue/bars? sorry, i don't have time to read through 10 pages...

stunnersal
11-20-2003, 10:40 AM
22 days!!!

-sal

firedancer715
11-20-2003, 10:47 AM
question: think that the closer hotels are no vacancy? what hotels are close to the venue/bars? sorry, i don't have time to read through 10 pages...

Go to StateCollege.com (http://www.statecollege.com/hotels/) and there's a listing of hotels.

There's really not much that are real close to the bars.. I suggested the Motel 6 or the Sleep Inn on Atherton.. It's about a mile or so from the bars.. The Rodeway Inn is a bit closer.. There are motels listed on the page too.. you just gotta call 'em and ask for the most part.

PhoenixPSU
11-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah, the only hotel right in the heart of downtown is the Days Inn. There are a bunch within 2 miles though. As for the venue, it's all the way in the northeast corner of campus, a pretty good hike from the bars...if we're at a bar beforehand, it'll probably take about a half hour to get up to the BJC.

Enduring Dan
11-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the only hotel right in the heart of downtown is the Days Inn. There are a bunch within 2 miles though. As for the venue, it's all the way in the northeast corner of campus, a pretty good hike from the bars...if we're at a bar beforehand, it'll probably take about a half hour to get up to the BJC.

I was completely inebriated one night walking down around there, and shit was hitting the fan outside of the mad mex. All kinds of cops, ambulances, etc. Crazy.

firedancer715
11-20-2003, 11:14 PM
I was completely inebriated one night walking down around there, and shit was hitting the fan outside of the mad mex. All kinds of cops, ambulances, etc. Crazy.

Recently? Because there was a thing about one of the owners or something sexually assaulting (I think) a customer. Weird S.

Enduring Dan
11-21-2003, 12:59 AM
It was a month or two ago. Haha, I like how half this thread is nDMBc but the title gives the illusion of DMBc.

Just for peace of mind.....

Goddamn, I love DMB, and I'm watching Cortez in a half inebriated state right now.

firedancer715
11-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Yeah well.. I look at the lack of DMBc in this thread as a way to keep it up on top.

And yeah.. after I wrote it.. I realized I could have just asked you about the Mad Mex incident.. because I do believe we were talking online at the same time.

Haha, whatevs. It's all gravy.

stunnersal
11-21-2003, 09:11 AM
3 Weeks!!!:D

-sal

Enduring Dan
11-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Whoa...we're lagging back here kids.

PhoenixPSU
11-23-2003, 09:45 PM
That's cause I wasn't around this weekend...But now I'm back, giving Melanie a reason to live once again. ;-)

raven rr
11-23-2003, 09:46 PM
who else had to get drunk as all hell today to relieve the piss-tivity of today's football games???