Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ants Podcast - Episode 3 (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=206545)

Matt 10-07-2007 10:44 PM

Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Matt and Jake wrap up the 2007 Summer Tour, take some listener emails, and lead in to an April 2005 interview with Stand Up producer Mark Batson. A classic 1993 Any Noise/Anti Noise (pre-Say Goodbye) makes a brief appearance.

Previous Episodes:
Episode 1
Episode 2

PilotC150 10-07-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Excellent, listening now :)

Claaaaaaay 10-07-2007 11:04 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
how do you listen to there?

Radioplay 10-07-2007 11:11 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claaaaaaay (Post 6685847)
how do you listen to there?

The podcasts are .mp3's. So you can download it in the Podcasts section or download it via iTunes. And then pull it up in either your favorite mp3 player or iTunes :thumbsup

buzz05232000 10-07-2007 11:12 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
I am not seeing this one on the ants podcast section on iTunes. Where is it. Can someone give me a direct link or instructions.

Claaaaaaay 10-07-2007 11:15 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
When I click on "get episode" the words are greyed out and I can't click it, what should I do?

Matt 10-07-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz05232000 (Post 6685902)
I am not seeing this one on the ants podcast section on iTunes. Where is it. Can someone give me a direct link or instructions.

Sometimes iTunes takes a little bit to catch up. I believe they refresh every 30 minutes. you can always manually refresh your podcast list to grab the latest.

chr35919 10-07-2007 11:29 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
i just downloaded it directly from ants.

buzz05232000 10-07-2007 11:30 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 6685975)
Sometimes iTunes takes a little bit to catch up. I believe they refresh every 30 minutes. you can always manually refresh your podcast list to grab the latest.

Thanks, I figured it was some sort of lag.

mangione 10-07-2007 11:36 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Just to let you know the last minute or so cuts off. You were wrapping up the interview and it had a minute or so of blank space. I don't know if that was done on purpose or what?

Anyway another great episode. Great interview, you guys are doing a great job. Can't wait until the next one.

Chris

Joyride4136 10-07-2007 11:38 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
i gotta say, its great and well put together. i gotta give you props for that.

matt talking to batson sounds like a kid talking to santa claus. i cant count the times he says "wow".

but seriously good job, keep em coming

zachyd 10-07-2007 11:39 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
This interview would have gotten my hopes up had I heard it before Stand Up came out.

willthethrill 10-07-2007 11:54 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachyd (Post 6686063)
This interview would have gotten my hopes up had I heard it before Stand Up came out.

It's probably a good thing that it didn't.

buzz05232000 10-07-2007 11:58 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
"I did Seal's last album"
"Risktaking, boundry breaking albums"
Haha.

thestand 10-07-2007 11:58 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willthethrill (Post 6686172)
It's probably a good thing that it didn't.

http://www.antsmarching.org/columns/...hp?columnid=24

It did.

ant_marching41 10-08-2007 12:03 AM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachyd (Post 6686063)
This interview would have gotten my hopes up had I heard it before Stand Up came out.

That along with the new album website videos.

zachyd 10-08-2007 12:22 AM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thestand (Post 6686192)

It didn't get my hopes up, because I hadn't heard it before the album, is what he's saying. ;)

nieds05 10-08-2007 01:35 AM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
thanks, for this, I am really enjoying these

Matt 10-08-2007 08:05 AM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangione (Post 6686041)
Just to let you know the last minute or so cuts off. You were wrapping up the interview and it had a minute or so of blank space. I don't know if that was done on purpose or what?

Anyway another great episode. Great interview, you guys are doing a great job. Can't wait until the next one.

Chris

It does? Shit - if that's the case I'll have a fixed up version later tonight. It was a quick production last night and I thought I had it all sorted but apparently not...

Matt 10-08-2007 08:22 AM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Bah you're right - it cuts with about 1:30 left. I'll fix it as soon as I can. Maybe sneak home for lunch and fix it then.

recently364041 10-08-2007 09:25 AM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Sounds great, love the monkey man question.

lillerfm 10-08-2007 01:19 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Great job guys...as an avid Podcast listener I can say that you guys are coming along nicely.

BTW - I checked 10/1/93 - I have it...on tape. :(

Any chance somebody can load it up in the 93 Torrents area?

sweetup_anddown 10-08-2007 01:23 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
i was one of the questions. i love it.

jamielowry 10-08-2007 01:45 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lillerfm (Post 6687856)
Great job guys...as an avid Podcast listener I can say that you guys are coming along nicely.

BTW - I checked 10/1/93 - I have it...on tape. :(

Any chance somebody can load it up in the 93 Torrents area?

It's there:

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=195695

Matt 10-08-2007 01:49 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
I'm gonna get the fixed up version of the 'cast uploaded around 4:30 EST today.

GLR87 10-08-2007 02:10 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
I care about New Jersey

I also can't stand listening to Batson, he completely destroyed dmb's song structure...
He even mentions how the band came in individually and wrote stuff. It seems like they would just write one part of a song and then have the other band members come in and put a part over it and thats just not how good music is made, its a give and take process.

GLR87 10-08-2007 02:20 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Too late to edit.. But how does Batson have the nerve saying he likes "risk taking music" and that he wants to make an album that takes you on a journey and stretches boundaries. Stand Up did NONE of that so what the fuck he is even talking about. He didn't push the band at all to make interesting music.

Barbossa 10-08-2007 02:22 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
The podcasts are great. Keep them coming!

Jake 10-08-2007 04:21 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLR87 (Post 6688078)
Too late to edit.. But how does Batson have the nerve saying he likes "risk taking music" and that he wants to make an album that takes you on a journey and stretches boundaries. Stand Up did NONE of that so what the fuck he is even talking about. He didn't push the band at all to make interesting music.



well, to a rap producer, SU probably is interesting.

Matt 10-08-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 3
 
Just uploaded the fixed E3. Go ahead and grab it. Thanks!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.