Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A Concert For Charlottesville - live stream info (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=345868)

chadizzy1 09-20-2017 06:16 AM

A Concert For Charlottesville - live stream info

https://musicandunity.tumblr.com

Great news, a free live stream!

Dannyyankou 09-20-2017 06:47 AM

Re: A Concert For Charlottesville - live stream info

Very cool, hope someone rips it

RSSR 09-20-2017 07:30 AM

This looks like a free webcast. Or am I mistaken about that?

chadizzy1 09-20-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 16886663)
This looks like a free webcast. Or am I mistaken about that?

Yep, it's free

ForkInFork 09-20-2017 07:39 AM

Super excited about this. Kind of glad I didn't get tickets now. They probably should have charged for it though to gain more donations.

TheLastStop123 09-20-2017 07:42 AM

awesome!! was hoping for this, glad they decided to do it. I wonder if that one FB comment on their page helped haha, there were a ton of people that liked/commented on that.

Moose Thompson 09-20-2017 07:45 AM

Can't wait to tune in on AOL.

chadizzy1 09-20-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose Thompson (Post 16886686)
Can't wait to tune in on AOL.

Finally, those AOL CDs will come in handy! I was using them for coasters but now they may actually be worth something!

drop2d 09-20-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16886701)
Finally, those AOL CDs will come in handy! I was using them for coasters but now they may actually be worth something!

Don't forget about those AIM icons the WH sent us a few years back! It was all leading up to this moment! woooohooooooo

Vorony 09-20-2017 08:11 AM

This may be a dumb question, but is there an easy way to watch this via Apple TV? I see that this will be streamed on the AOL site, Yahoo, Huffpost, etc... but will they also be streamed via the Apple TV apps for those sites?

KevinTH 09-20-2017 08:12 AM

I wonder if there's any chance some of the artists will do a combined set together. For instance, Pharrell and JT. Or Pharrell, JT with The Roots backing them. Could cut down on the set lengths and allow more time for DMB. It's a fool's hope, but it would be awesome to see a set closer to the 2 hour mark. But with DMB having the year off, so many artists taking part in this and the time frame of the event I'm sure it will be a short set. Maybe an hour or a bit more. They gotta fit that 20 minute Jimi thing with JT, Pharell and Ariana Grande in there somehow. kind of weird thhey don't start this earlier in the day, like around 1 or 3 so everyone can have longer sets.

Either way, I'm really psyched to be able to watch this on Sunday and think it will be a fun show all around. With the exception of Ariana Grande and Chris Stapleton, I'm pretty psyched to see the full lineup. I'll be interested to see who pops up on stage with DMB, and I'm sure they have a big finale planned with everyone.

42graystreet 09-20-2017 08:24 AM

This will be the first time in a long time I'm excited to see Jimi Thing (assuming they pull guests into the song).

T_Train 09-20-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 16886738)
I wonder if there's any chance some of the artists will do a combined set together. For instance, Pharrell and JT. Or Pharrell, JT with The Roots backing them. Could cut down on the set lengths and allow more time for DMB. It's a fool's hope, but it would be awesome to see a set closer to the 2 hour mark. But with DMB having the year off, so many artists taking part in this and the time frame of the event I'm sure it will be a short set. Maybe an hour or a bit more. They gotta fit that 20 minute Jimi thing with JT, Pharell and Ariana Grande in there somehow. kind of weird thhey don't start this earlier in the day, like around 1 or 3 so everyone can have longer sets.

Either way, I'm really psyched to be able to watch this on Sunday and think it will be a fun show all around. With the exception of Ariana Grande and Chris Stapleton, I'm pretty psyched to see the full lineup. I'll be interested to see who pops up on stage with DMB, and I'm sure they have a big finale planned with everyone.

Whoa now, hopefully you tune in to watch that guy. He sings his ass off. Don't see how you can be excited to see Pharrell and not Stapleton.

RAPUNZEL13 09-20-2017 08:34 AM

This is what we call couch tour.

KevinTH 09-20-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_Train (Post 16886772)
Whoa now, hopefully you tune in to watch that guy. He sings his ass off. Don't see how you can be excited to see Pharrell and not Stapleton.

HATE HATE HATE HATE country music with a fiery passion. No "but this guy really jams" or "this guy can really sing" will ever change that. I even tried Zac Brown Band and can't stand them. Everything about that genre makes my skin crawl. Not sure I understand the the point in the bolded above, as Pharrell is a completely different musical genre than country music.

chadizzy1 09-20-2017 09:17 AM

This is going on the same night as WWE No Mercy. I'm sure someone will do a good rip though.

richvisser23 09-20-2017 10:04 AM

I hope to god they understand how many people are going to tune in for this live stream. I could easily see internet traffic causing some issues with this.

daspfund22 09-20-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16886852)
This is going on the same night as WWE No Mercy. I'm sure someone will do a good rip though.

Watch the No Mercy replay man...or use one on the laptop and one on the iPad!!

Moose Thompson 09-20-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorony (Post 16886733)
This may be a dumb question, but is there an easy way to watch this via Apple TV? I see that this will be streamed on the AOL site, Yahoo, Huffpost, etc... but will they also be streamed via the Apple TV apps for those sites?

Only one I have any hope for is Yahoo. Really can't find any reason to not stream this on YouTube in two thousand seventeen.

The announcement does specifically say stream on your phone or computer, so maybe they purposely excluded AppleTV and similar products? Guess we'll find out day of.

Cscottrun 09-20-2017 11:01 AM

Looks like youtube will be streaming:
Quote:

Those not attending the concert in person can start planning their watch parties now. The blockbuster show will be streamed live to a global audience through a media partnership with Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon.

Fans can tune in at musicandunity.tumblr.com beginning at 5:55 p.m. EST on Sunday, as well as via other Oath brands, including HuffPost.com, AOL.com, Yahoo.com, BUILDSeries.com and on Facebook, YouTube and other social media platforms.
https://www.news.virginia.edu/conten...harlottesville

If that is the case, this should be streamable from almost all devices.

RSSR 09-20-2017 11:09 AM

I've never streamed anything off of YouTube. I just type in YouTube Streaming in its search engine the day of and it'll take me to the appropriate link?

barbogast 09-20-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 16887095)
I've never streamed anything off of YouTube. I just type in YouTube Streaming in its search engine the day of and it'll take me to the appropriate link?

When it’s time for the show, go to YouTube and search concert for charlottesville. Should pop right up.

ericvol 09-20-2017 11:58 AM

So happy for this!!!

Hope we get a Dave/Stapleton Tennessee Whiskey together.

NewBernPirate13 09-20-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 16886820)
HATE HATE HATE HATE country music with a fiery passion. No "but this guy really jams" or "this guy can really sing" will ever change that. I even tried Zac Brown Band and can't stand them. Everything about that genre makes my skin crawl. Not sure I understand the the point in the bolded above, as Pharrell is a completely different musical genre than country music.

What's your opinion of #27, Hello Again, Alligator Pie, Bayou...

Hilly 09-20-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Do you hate hate hate hate country music, or do you hate hate hate hate Florida Georgia Line?

There's a big difference.

T_Train 09-20-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Fair enough. I work in country music and have made a ton of friends through it and I support them and what they do. But DMB and the jam scene will always be my home, haha. That bolded phrase was in reference to the vast difference in vocal talent between those two, imo.

KevinTH 09-20-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBernPirate13 (Post 16887198)
What's your opinion of #27, Hello Again, Alligator Pie, Bayou...

I think that's a bit of a reach. I love all those songs actually, (I think #27 is a very underrated DMB song) but let's not try and compare them to pop country music. In no way does #27 or Hello Again sound anything like what I've heard on country radio. Maybe there's something out there, but I don't want to get into a whole debate about #27 being comparable to some country song by Kenny Chesney I've never heard. Kenny Chesney plays pop country music that I can't stand. Dave Matthews Band has a handful of songs that have a country feel to them, but let's not pretend they're pop country songs about drinking beer on a tractor.

I can't tell the difference between most country stars. I don't enjoy the lyrics, the music and overproduced production, and the biggest thing is their voices. There's just a sound and feel to pop country that all sounds the same and I can't stand it. Like nails on a chalkboard. But in the end, who cares what I think? If you enjoy it, then that's great, it's just not for me.

KevinTH 09-20-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_Train (Post 16887255)
Fair enough. I work in country music and have made a ton of friends through it and I support them and what they do. But DMB and the jam scene will always be my home, haha. That bolded phrase was in reference to the vast difference in vocal talent between those two, imo.

The great thing about music is it appeals, or it doesn't, to everyone differently. I will say that I can respect someone's art for what it is, and good musicianship. But again, it just isn't for me.

stlbluespower 09-20-2017 01:41 PM

great news!

lockman21 09-20-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

That's a shame. Some of the greatest songwriters of all time are country artists.