Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB on Jimmy Fallon? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340505)

The2SteppingPig 04-25-2016 12:21 PM

DMB on Jimmy Fallon?

There's someone on DMB's Reddit page claiming Dave/DMB will be on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on May 9. Wondering if anyone here has heard anything similar?

Not trying to get a rise out of you guys, just wondering if it's possible this is true or if he's just trolling.

Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DMB/comment..._album/d2dy6fo

blumathu 04-25-2016 12:33 PM

Re: DMB on Jimmy Fallon?

I kind of feel like they wouldn't do that just to promote a tour. I guess we'll see.

drop2d 04-25-2016 12:36 PM

25th Anniversary Tour. Wouldn't surprise me if they played a late night show or 2.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

cmyers2 04-25-2016 01:03 PM

4 years ago yesterday that dave played mercy solo on fallon, to promote AFTW....maybe just wishful thinking but maybe another dave solo performance with a new album announcement? Jeff's instagram post 3 days indicates he was in the studio for something DMB related, maybe they'll surprise us with a late summer release?

ThatLetter 04-25-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmyers2 (Post 16387527)
4 years ago yesterday that dave played mercy solo on fallon, to promote AFTW....maybe just wishful thinking but maybe another dave solo performance with a new album announcement? Jeff's instagram post 3 days indicates he was in the studio for something DMB related, maybe they'll surprise us with a late summer release?

What album?

ToySoldier#34 04-25-2016 01:14 PM

Solo Be Yourself?

cmyers2 04-25-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatLetter (Post 16387541)
What album?

Really?? There obviously is an album that's been recorded over the past 3 years by the band, as there is an abundance of evidence to prove this. Whether that album ever gets released or not who knows right now, but I'm hopeful it does.

Its like the tree falling in the woods argument, if an album gets recorded and there's no one to listen to it does it still exist, I guess not

TheLastPig 04-25-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmyers2 (Post 16387561)
Really?? There obviously is an album that's been recorded over the past 3 years by the band, as there is an abundance of evidence to prove this. Whether that album ever gets released or not who knows right now, but I'm hopeful it does.

Its like the tree falling in the woods argument, if an album gets recorded and there's no one to listen to it does it still exist, I guess not

His comment was tongue in cheek. Point is, yeah they can say they worked on an album, but there hasnt been a peep about it for nearly a year, odds are it got shelved.

To be honest, the last thing we need on this tour before a break is a new album for them to overplay.

KevinTH 04-25-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blumathu (Post 16387474)
I kind of feel like they wouldn't do that just to promote a tour. I guess we'll see.

They were on Fallon in December of 2012 in support of the Fall Tour that year. Granted Away From the World had come out, but that was 3 months prior to their appearance and they just started the tour. They aired Rooftop on 12/3 and Christmas Song on 12/17.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmyers2 (Post 16387527)

I'd hardly call the performance of Mercy a promotion for Away From the World, as it hadn't even been officially announced yet. I think we knew there was going to be an album soon, but we didn't have a title. If we had a release date then it was the original summer date they initially released. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Fallon introducing Dave in support of any new album.

space_raven 04-25-2016 01:36 PM

Let us not forget the debut of Black and Blue Bird was on Letterman last year.

TheLastPig 04-25-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 16387578)
Let us not forget the debut of Black and Blue Bird was on Letterman last year.

Yeah, if anything that was the first song to be played from an album. Nothing has come of it, and I would be shocked if anything did this time around (provided the appearance happens).

TheLastStop123 04-25-2016 01:37 PM

hm, this would be dope regardless of what it's for. fingers crossed it's for a new album though!

space_raven 04-25-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16387582)
Yeah, if anything that was the first song to be played from an album. Nothing has come of it, and I would be shocked if anything did this time around (provided the appearance happens).

I think, if there is a Fallon appearance in May, it's more for #DMB25, than it is to promote a new album. Unfortunately.

TheLastPig 04-25-2016 01:48 PM

I dont want an album at all this year unless its a bsides/unreleased songs album.

Hilly 04-25-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16387594)
I dont want an album at all this year unless its a bsides/unreleased songs album.

On the bright side, when the album is released, you can just not listen to it and get your wish!

ToySoldier#34 04-25-2016 02:14 PM

I absolutely don't want an album this year, unless, you know, it's good

TheLastPig 04-25-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16387615)
On the bright side, when the album is released, you can just not listen to it and get your wish!

Thats not the point. I want new songs, just not this year because they will be overplayed at shows and allows the band to ignore other songs I want brought back this summer.

I dont want an album support tour as their last before a break, and possibly last full US summer tour as we know it.

IndyDMB 04-25-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16387617)
allows the band to ignore other songs I want brought back this summer.

They tend to do this just fine without an album to promote.

TheLastPig 04-25-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyDMB (Post 16387634)
They tend to do this just fine without an album to promote.

Exactly, so I dont need new album songs clogging up 1/3 of each set making that even less likely.

ThatLetter 04-25-2016 03:23 PM

There is no new album. When was the last time they worked on an album and announced its release with no one knowing that a release was coming? Because Jeff posted a pic of an antique recording device we're getting a release debut and announcement on Fallon in May? I need some of (collective) your optimism.

ToySoldier#34 04-25-2016 03:25 PM

If Dave / DMB is on Fallon and it isn't for a new album what would it be for?

TwoStep01 04-25-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16387665)
If Dave / DMB is on Fallon and it isn't for a new album what would it be for?

Promoting the 25th Anniversary tour.

ToySoldier#34 04-25-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep01 (Post 16387674)
Promoting the 25th Anniversary tour.

Kind of seems unlike DMB but that's cool

Mateo2k 04-25-2016 03:42 PM

Tour promotion.

TwoStep01 04-25-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16387675)
Kind of seems unlike DMB but that's cool

I don't think so. If they've got unsold tickets (which they do) it's a good way to remind the casual fan to pick up a pair.

Dannyyankou 04-25-2016 03:49 PM

It's not a coincidence that Dave debuted Mercy on Fallon in April, which was right before the tour and 5 months before AFTW even came out.

TwoStep01 04-25-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 16387685)
It's not a coincidence that Dave debuted Mercy on Fallon in April, which was right before the tour and 5 months before AFTW even came out.

So you're saying saying expect a new song. Heard it here first.

j_sburns 04-25-2016 04:45 PM

Maybe he is just friends with Fallon and they decided to do an appearance after C-ville and before the tour starts.

Dannyyankou 04-25-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep01 (Post 16387729)
So you're saying saying expect a new song. Heard it here first.

There isn't going to be a new song. Dave used the new song as promotion for thr 2012 tour. Instead of new music, he'll use the 25th anniversary as promotion for 2016.

Mr. Pineapple 04-25-2016 06:25 PM

They should just go out there and do a kick ass Ants to re-energize the mainstream.