Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - A Concert For Charlottesville - live stream info
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #27
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: A Concert For Charlottesville - live stream info

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBernPirate13 View Post
What's your opinion of #27, Hello Again, Alligator Pie, Bayou...
I think that's a bit of a reach. I love all those songs actually, (I think #27 is a very underrated DMB song) but let's not try and compare them to pop country music. In no way does #27 or Hello Again sound anything like what I've heard on country radio. Maybe there's something out there, but I don't want to get into a whole debate about #27 being comparable to some country song by Kenny Chesney I've never heard. Kenny Chesney plays pop country music that I can't stand. Dave Matthews Band has a handful of songs that have a country feel to them, but let's not pretend they're pop country songs about drinking beer on a tractor.

I can't tell the difference between most country stars. I don't enjoy the lyrics, the music and overproduced production, and the biggest thing is their voices. There's just a sound and feel to pop country that all sounds the same and I can't stand it. Like nails on a chalkboard. But in the end, who cares what I think? If you enjoy it, then that's great, it's just not for me.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote