Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album: "Come Tomorrow" Coming June 8th.
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #23
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming This Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aforauer View Post
Say they release Sugar Will for example. Is it possible they use a 2004 or 2009 (Big Whiskey) recording for a 2018 album? Where Dave's voice is a little better ha
Not a chance. If Sugar Will is on the album expect it to sound like it did in 16. I'm very iffy on them making an album of older tunes. While it would be cool to finally have The Idea of You, Sugar Will, Kill the King, Crazy Easy etc. they will never sound the way anyone wants them to sound. Unfortunately I think they missed the boat on those and should move on. They're kind of dammed if they do, damned if they don't. Look at Crazy Easy in 2013. Fans had been wanting that song played since 2004, they finally play it and people end up disappointed because you can't hear Boyd, the song is too fast, blah blah blah. Personally I liked it, but they'll never please everyone. I think I'd rather see them really put a lot of effort into making a fantastic Dave Matthews Band sounding album with all new music. In my opinion, Away From the World was a step in the right direction in terms of writing songs that sound truer to their older sound while also blending the sounds they've picked up along the way. I know it missed the mark for a lot of people, but I think with some real effort they can make it happen. Songs like Samurai Cop and Bismark proved this.
KevinTH is online now   Reply With Quote