Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ** College Football Season **
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #56356
emu513

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...-tressel-ncaa/

In levying the unethical conduct charge, the NCAA writes that Tressel "failed to deport himself in accordance with the honesty and integrity normally associated with the conduct and administration of intercollegiate athletics." If that language sounds familiar, that's because it's extremely similar to that written about ex-Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl in a Notice of Allegations the school received last February. The school dismissed Pearl before the case reached the Committee.

I think of all the articles outthere this morning, this one spells everything out the best. Takes a pretty decent view from all sides.
That's a pretty good article. I always wonder about these 10.1 firings though. How many of these people were fired as a result of the NCAA punishments levied against the coaches? As far as I can tell, the vast majority of these coaches are fired prior to the NCAA even getting a chance to rule on the cases. In other words, is there any precedence on how the NCAA punishes these violations as opposed to the offending coachs' schools? I'm curious, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.