Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Live Trax Vol. 39 - 10.31.98 The Arena in Oakland, Oakland, CA
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
cry_minarets458
MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Live Trax Vol. 39 - 10.31.98 The Arena in Oakland, Oakland, CA

Just saw this listed for sale on the Warehouse.

LIVE TRAX 39: 10.31.1998 THE ARENA IN OAKLAND, OAKLAND, CA

1998 was a banner year for Dave Matthews Band. In April, they released their third studio album, Before These Crowded Streets, to critical acclaim and toured almost the entire rest of the year to support it. The Fall Tour is among the most well-regarded tours in the band’s history and we return to it now with one of the most noteworthy nights – October 31, 1998 from the Oakland Arena. (To this day, it's the only Halloween concert that DMB have played.)

This show has long been hailed a classic and every performance is a highlight. Long-time collaborators Tim Reynolds on guitar and Greg Howard on Chapman Stick join the band for the full set. And saxophone virtuoso, Joshua Redman, makes his first and only appearance with the band to guest on Jimi Thing and the rare I’ll Back You Up. The audience of costumed fans are rewarded for their efforts with a pulsating performance of Halloween, in addition to a moving Dreaming Tree, and a Chapman Stick solo for the Watchtower Intro. This stand-out performance is a must-have for any Live Trax collection.

Please note - DMB Live Trax is available for pre-order and will ship on or around November 1. Downloads will be available on November 4.

Track List:
Don't Drink the Water
Intro>
Pantala Naga Pampa>Rapunzel
Crush
Two Step
Dreaming Tree
Warehouse
Tripping Billies
I'll Back You Up
Jimi Thing
Halloween
So Much To Say>Anyone Seen the Bridge?>
Too Much
Crash Into Me
All Along the Watchtower

Item #: DMDD142
*renounces DMB fandom*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Minister
In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote