Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DMB on Jimmy Fallon?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #9
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB on Jimmy Fallon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I kind of feel like they wouldn't do that just to promote a tour. I guess we'll see.
They were on Fallon in December of 2012 in support of the Fall Tour that year. Granted Away From the World had come out, but that was 3 months prior to their appearance and they just started the tour. They aired Rooftop on 12/3 and Christmas Song on 12/17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyers2 View Post
4 years ago yesterday that dave played mercy solo on fallon, to promote AFTW....maybe just wishful thinking but maybe another dave solo performance with a new album announcement? Jeff's instagram post 3 days indicates he was in the studio for something DMB related, maybe they'll surprise us with a late summer release?
I'd hardly call the performance of Mercy a promotion for Away From the World, as it hadn't even been officially announced yet. I think we knew there was going to be an album soon, but we didn't have a title. If we had a release date then it was the original summer date they initially released. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Fallon introducing Dave in support of any new album.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote