Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Glen Ballard
Thread: Glen Ballard
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #60
bustedstuff88

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Glen Ballard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb View Post
DMB is my all time favorite band (and probably most of yours), and have seen them 64 times since 96. I've seen all the ups and downs, changes in style's, and the best live shows in my life. I don't hate Everyday. I think a lot of fans on here use everyday to place their dissappointment that Dave can't write as good of songs as he used to. I think Dave's best writing was on the big 3 and TLWS. I think we all agree with that. And I would've much rather them complete their album with Steve than to shelf it and go with Ballard. But that's what they wanted! Maybe not Roi so much (bless his soul). But that's what they wanted. I for one enjoy almost every song on that album. Ya, the production was slick and over-produced. But I would imagine that almost all of us choose "live" DMB when going through our CDs or files. So, if DMB wanted to change it up, "feel" like a different band for a moment, shake things up, then I don't care. As long as when the lights go down, they go out there and lay it down like the top notch improv musicians they are, I'm happy. They never became a different band. They never abanded who they are as a live act. What they did with ED was attract a new audience. But I really think the reason most of us get so worked up is because of 2 things: 1. TLWS was so damn good! 2. Dave really hasn't wrote anything close to what he did up until ED. But I don't see it as ED's fault. Sorry for kinda rambling here, but I do find it kinda funny that we supposedly HATE ED, but when So Right gets played this year, everyone loves it. Good to Great songs, with a production style we all dislike. Not the end of the world, in my opinion. Just my two cents anyway.
Yeah but what about Boyd?

2022: Alpine x2, Gorge x3, Minneapolis
bustedstuff88 is offline   Reply With Quote