Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DMB2018-07-14.ak40.flac16 (Chris Drews)
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Phillip J Smith

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB2018-07-14.ak40.flac16 (Chris Drews)

Thank you for posting these shows!! I was at both shows this year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Quick story that you might appreciate..

One of my best friends and I have tried our best to catch at least one DMB show per year for the past 15 years. So, I am getting married later this year and my friends asked what I would like to do for a bachelor party. I told them, if the stars could align and I could have my best friends (at different places throughout the country these days) at the SPAC shows for the weekend, then that's what I would have. So, all the guys showed up.. 8 of us, some of us DMB diehards, others just there for the ride.

So, my buddy that I have been seeing shows with over the years asks me a couple of months ago, "What songs are still on your list to hear/see live?" I rattled off a few and he replies, "I thought JTR was high on your list?" I told him it is but I just skip it because the band rarely plays the tune. He then tells me that he has already started reaching out to various connections, social media accounts, etc. to try and get JTR played. I told him, good luck with that but I am already happy since all the guys would be attending.. Fast forward to that beautiful Saturday, I had a great feeling already having guessed the opening tune (Again and Again).. And then it happened, the intro started and I thought I was in a stoned stuper.. Couldn't believe what I was hearing as I turned to my friend and scream to him, "Are you hearing this?!?! You know what this is?!?!" He just smiles and says, "I don't know if I had anything to do with this, but let's just say I did. Congrats on the wedding my friend, here's your gift!" I was on the verge of tears while belting out all the lyrics!! Great show that I'll never forget. I thank you for giving me a way to hold onto that moment.

Peace and Love,
Phil
Phillip J Smith is offline   Reply With Quote