Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #73485
Route_2
What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
I judge people on who they are and what they do and say, their demographics do not concern me at all. As for the 'get out' part, I have never used that argument (unless someone who threatened to leave if candidate X won and never left) because I much prefer a meaningful debate where both sides are presented civilly and people cite their facts.
Good for you. And not in a condescending way. That is genuinely good. But, the discussion was about conservative white males who feel themselves under attack because historically marginalized populations in America are making strides in equality. Feeling threatened because some group of 'other' is inching towards an equal playing field with you is not healthy behavior, but unfortunately these types of folks have their feelings reinforced by a right wing echo chamber that congratulates them on their bravery and highlights their supposed victimhood to a national audience.