Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Labor Day Weekend at the Gorge 2021***
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 11:04 AM   #1552
anklebunker

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Labor Day Weekend at the Gorge 2021***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwalb2 View Post
In all honesty, it might have been at least in part inspired by you (I remember seeing the Canada icon in some of the stuff I was reviewing). We were going to come Friday, but there were some strong opinions on N0, and it makes a lot of sense for exactly the reason you said - I can now enjoy Friday and get excited for the show instead of the stress of having to get there, get set up, etc. (I'm the planner in my group, so most of the responsibility would fall to me, anyway).

We're in District 9... I'm worried I'm a bit too old for that, but by the time we decided to go, there was no Gold left. I'm hearty though. And what better way to throw off the COVID blues than to party my ass off for four nights among some damn fine people!
District 9 is A-OK in my book. Of course, I've got nothing to compare it to...did general camping for my first time in 2014 when I was 33. Haven't been back until this year, and doing general again. We'll see if being the big 4-0 this time makes for a tougher trip! But like you said, just gotta be hearty and it'll all work out.

I'm spending N0 with some friends who live in the Portland area before driving out Friday morning...which is what I did last time, and I don't recall the traffic being all that bad getting into camp early on Friday afternoon. Hopefully now that (most?) camping passes are digital, it will be pretty smooth getting in.
anklebunker is offline   Reply With Quote