Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Tell a story
Thread: Tell a story
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #46
NewEnglandCutie

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Tell a story

Here's mine-
My boyfriend lives in Louisiana, I live in MA (a story for another day). I decided to fly him up here in January so we could "celebrate" our 1st christmas together a little late. He kept telling me he got me a little present. We both said we didnt want to buy each other gifts (he flew me down there a few months earlier, and I flew him up so we decided we were even).
We both love sushi, so after he landed we went to dinner at this swanky sushi/steak restaurant. I had my hair perfect. Its usually curly and frizzy and I had spent an hour making it beautifully straight (how he likes it). We get to the restaurant and were both gazing into each others eyes. The restaurant was dark and we had a single candle at our table. He was sitting across from me. We both ordered martinis and we start to chat. He pulls out a little wrapped box from his pocket and hands it to me, "I love you, Merry x-mas".
So I have this sort of confused/worried look on my face. I opened the box and it is the most beautiful ring. A big pink sapphaire surrounded by 10 diamonds, so sparkly. No he didnt ask me to marry him (thank god!!) I was soo amazed, was not the "little" gift I thought it would be. People took notice of the gift giving and started to stare and say "awwww". So I leaned over the table for a romantic kiss. I gave him the most romatic kiss possible. I pulled away to see the fear in his eyes. Then I heard it, the crackling of my hair on fire!!! When I had leaned over for the kiss, my hair ignited in flames from the candle in the middle of the table. He just stared and pointed. I freaked out, stood up, started to pat my head viciously. 3 waitresses and a manager ran over, people at the tables got up and came over to me. All you could smell was burnt hair. There was burnt hair all over our table...stuck to our linen napkins and table cloth. Everyone could smell my hair. Luckily, my hair was OK, it just really lit up in flames. I was so mortified I told my bf I wanted to leave, but the waitress said that they would comp a drink each and we could choose an appitizer of our choice. After about 20 mins, people stopped staring and pointing, and the scent of burnt hair was almost gone.

Everytime I show someone my ring, I have to bring up that story.
Everytime I go to dinner with him, we always make sure that if theres a candle, we blow it out.
The end

Last edited by NewEnglandCutie; 10-26-2006 at 05:24 PM.
NewEnglandCutie is offline   Reply With Quote