Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Question about the Military
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
NewEnglandCutie

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Question about the Military

Here is my deal.
My boyfriend and I recently found out we are having a baby. He currently does not have a job, and does not know what to do with his life. I work as a temp at a big company and will not receive any paid maternity leave.
He thinks he can join the military and they will take care of me, him and the baby. He thinks this is the best option, instead of working 2 $10/hr jobs. I told him its not that easy, and I would prefer to struggle to make ends meet together, than be alone raising a baby, while he's off in the military. He said if we get married they will pay for housing and other living expenses. I think hes wrong. Anyone in a similar situation, or know anyone in the same situation? I am clueless about the military and everything that goes with it. He is going to talk to a recruiter this week, and I think they are going to be like salesman- telling him everything he wants to hear so he will sign up. <----me