Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Effect of the Internet On Dave
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
Suits Succk

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Effect of the Internet On Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantefab View Post
Great discussion, Suits Suck!

I completely agree with your thought process. It's hard to not be spoiled with everything at our fingertips.

My good friend and I were talking about this the other night. We remember waiting weeks for B& P's or trades for cassettes that often weren't that good in sound quality. The anticipation was great, sometimes a let down, but often like Christmas!

I've tried to develop a new attitude when listening to live DMB as of late. I'll treat a show as an album instead of clicking through tracks looking for highlights of that show. Someone mentioned on here not too long....it's not necessarily the set of the show, but the ENERGY the band had that night that is important. I NEVER looked at it that way after all these years and happy who ever that person was put it in those words.

Interesting how I just had this discussion the other night. All in all, the 90's setlists were not as predictable to me because I was not on the computer every single day. My friend and I both agreed just how lucky we are to be huge fans and to have the access to things we DO now.
Thats what i was thinking too, back in the 90's what was being listened to was probably not the best quality..and now we get clear concerts on our computers....those setlists back then we're probably so unpredictable, and also probably less argue'd about. lol
Suits Succk is offline   Reply With Quote