Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #39175
snake911

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
Fair enough, and I purposely worded my post as "I didn't see" to allow for the possibility that it was occurring.

I have no real issue with those who showed up simply to counter the hate with positive messages with no interest in violence. The people I'm condemning are the ones who showed up in battle armor looking for the fight that they got.
The point that violence only breeds more violence is a good one. And the vast majority on counter protests were non-violent. The antifa nut jobs don't represent the progressive left. Antifa has the same message as the extreme right "they started it so we hit them". Pretty weak message.

The group of clergy and their supporters from many many different denominations and religions, holding hands and singing songs to drown out the hateful slogans of rifle toting neo-nazis? That's how you counter-protest. Be an example of love and togetherness for the world to see.
snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote