Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Backstage Passes and/or Meet & Greet with DMB
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #28
cowboycolin

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Backstage Passes and/or Meet & Greet with DMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMusicalSpeare View Post
How does one meet and greet with DMB or even get a backstage pass?

If it is different for different venues, if you can offer specific information about The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, that would be even better.
I have no idea. But I do have a very cool, interesting story.

I actually used to live in the Woodlands and graduated high school from there. As a small part time job I worked at the pavilion and handed out lawn chairs- I wasn't 18 at the time, so I couldn't do backstage security.

However, DMB used to do 2nighters there and last time they did I was eligible to do overnight security between the two shows. So after the first show I raced to my car, changed, and headed back.

There were four of us "patrolling" that night (We basically just watched things so nothing got tampered with). And we took shifts. My first shift was in the hallway of the band's dressing room and I could see all of the guitars and could even smell the incense. This lady who travelled with the band let me take a picture of the dressing room- even though she wasn't supposed to- and said Dave had just rushed to see his girls that night.

My second shift sucked. Just in a little kiosk.

My third shift, I got to hang out on stage. The Stage. I took pictures of the setlist, still taped to stands and whatnot. I didn't dare sit at Carter's drums; Who would I think I was??

The coolest part was at one point this bald-headed light guy came up to work on the lights at around 2:30 or so. I went and talked to him for a bit just about the band, what I liked, etc. I offer to go get him a soda. He says no. He offers me a beer, I say yes and have a beer with the lighting guy from DMB.

One of my greatest experiences
cowboycolin is offline   Reply With Quote