*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 1941 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #58201
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonsux013 View Post
Exactly what im talking about! Who are you to be more upset than the victim, who clearly is not upset. In fact, she appears to be more upset that others are making a big deal out of this. Talk about grasping at straws...

“The notion that there was anything inappropriate in this photo shoot is truly absurd,” she said in a statement to The Post.
I could care less to be honest, he does not represent my state but I do have a right to voice my opinion that such a moral degenerate (he groped an unconscious woman for crying out loud!) should stay in a seat of power in the federal government. I think the better question is why people are defending the dirtbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
I agree though. When was the last Palestinian attack against Israel? I say they have shown great restraint the last however many years.
Late July 3 Israeli's were randomly stabbed for no reason by some palestinian. That was just a quick google search, I am guessing there have been more attacks, maybe not fatalities but the palestinian tactics are a disgrace to humanity!

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #58202
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Like, you actually, physically feel less safe when you go outside every day? Or do you mean from a philosophical perspective?
    Mostly philosophically. In the philosophical sense, Trump and his brand of politics just feel like a complete and total assault on my ideas, my values, things that matter to me. It's fucking exhausting. It seems like almost every morning, I wake up to another headline I don't like, from varying degrees of "Ugh, seriously?" to Farnsworth.

But I do feel physically less safe as well. I think Trump has fomented (or exposed) a lot of hate and anger domestically and internationally, from the spike in hate crimes in America to Kim Jong-un's ceaseless rocket-waving contest.

Him emboldening hateful attitudes was one of the biggest things I dreaded about him winning. That and him making zero progress on climate change, which I take as a sort of existential threat physically and philosophically to us all.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #58203
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    I feel less safe in the sense that Trump's dumbass could start a war in 140 characters. Never felt that way before.
    Now he has 280 characters! Lucky us!
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #58204
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

But do you agree that our zero tolerance policy should apply to Bill?

If so, how? If not, why?

You keep not answering this.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #58205
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    That and him making zero progress on the climate change, which I take as a sort of existential threat physically and philosophically to us all.
    UGH... lets avoid this particular topic man! I am trying to get my car to pass emissions and it is costing me a fortune in time and money. Unfortunately I live in one of the states that requires testing and my car is 1 year too new to be exempted! Before they started this camera and inspector check bullshit I used to be able to hand the tester a twenty dollar bill and he'd just hold the wand near my tailpipe and I would pass no questions asked. I actually wonder if come January 1st if I get exempted since my car would be in the age range that does not have to go through emissions, unfortunately I rather need a car for the next few weeks until then!
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #58206
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Mostly philosophically. In the philosophical sense, Trump and his brand of politics just feel like a complete and total assault on my ideas, my values, things that matter to me. It's fucking exhausting. It seems like almost every morning, I wake up to another headline I don't like, from varying degrees of "Ugh, seriously?" to Farnsworth.

But I do feel physically less safe as well. I think Trump has fomented (or exposed) a lot of hate and anger domestically and internationally, from the spike in hate crimes in America to Kim Jong-un's ceaseless rocket-waving contest.

Him emboldening hateful attitudes was one of the biggest things I dreaded about him winning. That and him making zero progress on climate change, which I take as a sort of existential threat physically and philosophically to us all.
    One could argue that with Trump's America ceding its international influence, by dismantling the State department and deriding our own intelligence services, the entire world is less safe. Meanwhile, Putin watches and smiles.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #58207
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    I understand your question is to coldengreynumbers but white dudes in their 20s and 30s isn't the right demographic to be asking if they feel less safe IMO.

It's like when my friends told me that nothing would change with Trump being president. Yeah, that's easy for you to say white college educated 31 year old male. It won't be any different for you.

Truth. Trump's a boon to white men, so I am much more worried about people I care about than myself.

But that goes back to how it's an attack on my values. His way of doing things is so patently offensive to me.

And that's precisely why people like him. It's a Catch-22.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #58208
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But do you agree that our zero tolerance policy should apply to Bill?

If so, how? If not, why?

You keep not answering this.
    Is this @ me? I haven't seen you ask this once prior. You asked what "no tolerance" meant yesterday and I explained.

Yes, Bill Clinton should have resigned. And, Hillary was in the absolute wrong for intimidating his accusers. And the media did a shit job reporting on this subject from everything I can tell as they seemed to have belittled these women when they came forward in the 90's.

But you're asking about "retroactively resigning" is just trolling, and it's getting pathetic. You feel your beliefs are attacked when someone takes your lord's name in vain, yet you are totally cool with attacking people wanting harsh handling of people found to have committed sexual harassment and sexual assault. Your priorities are way out of whack in my opinion, and you're getting a bit obsessive and it's a bit weird. We clearly don't agree, you can drop it or continue to troll - but you're being an ass.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #58209
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Truth. Trump's a boon to white men, so I am much more worried about people I care about than myself.

But that goes back to how it's an attack on my values. His way of doing things is so patently offensive to me.

And that's precisely why people like him. It's a Catch-22.
    He is a jackass who cannot shut his giant mouth, that (to me at least) makes me cringe every time the man opens his mouth or tweets his latest nonsense!
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #58210
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    UGH... lets avoid this particular topic man! I am trying to get my car to pass emissions and it is costing me a fortune in time and money. Unfortunately I live in one of the states that requires testing and my car is 1 year too new to be exempted! Before they started this camera and inspector check bullshit I used to be able to hand the tester a twenty dollar bill and he'd just hold the wand near my tailpipe and I would pass no questions asked. I actually wonder if come January 1st if I get exempted since my car would be in the age range that does not have to go through emissions, unfortunately I rather need a car for the next few weeks until then!
    I can relate. My car is due for a smog check and I am not looking forward to it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    One could argue that with Trump's America ceding its international influence, by dismantling the State department and deriding our own intelligence services, the entire world is less safe. Meanwhile, Putin watches and smiles.
    *nodding in unfortunate agreement*
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #58211
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Is this @ me? I haven't seen you ask this once prior. You asked what "no tolerance" meant yesterday and I explained.

Yes, Bill Clinton should have resigned. And, Hillary was in the absolute wrong for intimidating his accusers. And the media did a shit job reporting on this subject from everything I can tell as they seemed to have belittled these women when they came forward in the 90's.

But you're asking about "retroactively resigning" is just trolling, and it's getting pathetic. You feel your beliefs are attacked when someone takes your lord's name in vain, yet you are totally cool with attacking people wanting harsh handling of people found to have committed sexual harassment and sexual assault. Your priorities are way out of whack in my opinion, and you're getting a bit obsessive and it's a bit weird. We clearly don't agree, you can drop it or continue to troll - but you're being an ass.
    I agree, yeah, he should have resigned or been removed from office but people really need to get over using him as an example of an assaulter. We all know he was but we cannot change the past. I do not respect him at all but nothing anyone can do today is going to change the way that whole mess turned out. Let it go people!
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #58212
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    He is a jackass who cannot shut his giant mouth, that (to me at least) makes me cringe every time the man opens his mouth or tweets his latest nonsense!
    If he focused on policy and kept his fucking mouth shut, people would probably swallow his agenda (what there is of it) a lot more easily.

But I maintain that if he sounded like this, he wouldn't have won. Many of his supporters love how he doesn't sound like other politicians, doesn't hold his tongue, defends himself when people call him out, is un-PC, etc.

I'm less convinced that he wins the election if he sounded like a more traditional politician.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #58213
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

I think we could still do things? Why not.

He currently enjoys all the benefits of an ex president.

Why is he still getting invited to galas and other events? He was the worst of them all. There is lots that could be done to Billy but we’re not.

And please stop calling me names.

Last edited by Climb2safety; 11-21-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #58214
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Trump just basically backed Roy Moore on the south lawn.

What an asshole.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #58215
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I can relate. My car is due for a smog check and I am not looking forward to it.
    I would get it done sooner rather than later man, on the off chance you fail initially you will have time to get into compliance - if your state is anything like mine they will pull your plates if you fail twice. Course CT is kind, if you spend over $850.00 on repairs and it still does not pass you get an exception for 6 years!
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #58216
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If he focused on policy and kept his fucking mouth shut, people would probably swallow his agenda (what there is of it) a lot more easily.
    This is part of my issue with him, most of the time I have no damn clue what his agenda actually is!
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #58217
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post

What an asshole.
    Another faustian bargain. Won't be the last.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #58218
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think we could still do things? Why not.

He currently enjoys all the benefits of an ex president.

Why is he still getting invited to galas and other events? He was the worst of them all. There is lots that could be done to Billy but we’re not.

And please stop calling me names.
    Well, there is not all that much that can be done today. You clearly cannot pull his secret service protection, you cannot stop groups from asking him to speak and you cannot force him to stop accepting million dollar speaking engagements. The only thing you really could do to him is try and shame him but I don't think that is possible because he has always been without shame IMO.

Quote:

What an asshole.
    What did he say? Genuinely curious, I did not see that.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #58219
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Bill Clinton should retroactively resign as president of the United States, forgo his secret service protection, stop receiving and give back his presidential pay, sell the library, and when ex presidents gather he should be no where in sight.
    Trump too.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #58220
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What did he say? Genuinely curious, I did not see that.
    https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/933067203557167105

"Trump On Roy Moore race— 'we don’t need a liberal democrat in that seat.'"
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #58221
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

There is nothing worse than a liberal democrat who brought the Ku Klux Klan to justice over the death of 4 little girls.

What a monster.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #58222
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/933067203557167105

"Trump On Roy Moore race— 'we don’t need a liberal democrat in that seat.'"
    It was an impromptu Q+A....it was much more than the above.
    Looking for a full transcript....
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #58223
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, there is not all that much that can be done today. You clearly cannot pull his secret service protection, you cannot stop groups from asking him to speak and you cannot force him to stop accepting million dollar speaking engagements. The only thing you really could do to him is try and shame him but I don't think that is possible because he has always been without shame IMO.
    Why have the Dems continued to let him speak at their convention? And should he be able to continue?

He’s one of the worst offenders in all this.

I’m trying to make sense of a zero tolerance policy but am seeing that it either doesn’t apply to him or parading him around to doners and supporters.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #58224
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Trump too.
    . Exactly.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #58225
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Another sad day to be an American.
    Old 11-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #58226
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

So the FCC is going to kill net neutrality in America.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DL21A
    OK_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #58227
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK_Ant View Post
    This is exactly what the dude Trump appointed to head the FCC was hired to do.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #58228
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Shouldn't we be learning very soon about Trump's salary donation for the third quarter? The last news cycle on it was end of July. Three months from that would be end of October...November is almost over.
    Old 11-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #58229
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK_Ant View Post
    *sighs*

It feels inevitable.

Quote:
    It was an impromptu Q+A....it was much more than the above.
    Looking for a full transcript....
    Audio recorded via cup-on-a-string, but here's more:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/933076430736433157
    Old 11-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #58230
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Shouldn't we be learning very soon about Trump's salary donation for the third quarter? The last news cycle on it was end of July. Three months from that would be end of October...November is almost over.
    Watch him donate it to a woman’s shelter or some other cause related to helping victims of abuse.

That’s be some politicking.