2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-02-2021, 12:08 PM   #121
dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
Any so-called Doctor who believes that by next month, anyone who wants the vaccine will be able to get it, without waiting, is out of their mind. Perhaps that's true in a handful of smaller states, but nationwide, there's no way. More like at least July/August, IMO, before that occurs.
Anecdotal but my good friend is an administrator for Mayo and he has repeatedly told me the same, that by May, anyone who wants one will get one. He is working the vaccine logistics for is region, so he has a pretty good view on what's really happening.
dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #122
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    Anecdotal but my good friend is an administrator for Mayo and he has repeatedly told me the same, that by May, anyone who wants one will get one. He is working the vaccine logistics for is region, so he has a pretty good view on what's really happening.
    Connecticut is planning to offer the vaccine to everyone 16+ on May 3. I'm not sure how easy it'll actually be to get an appointment at that point, but I expect it should be pretty easy by at least mid summer.
    mquerques92 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #123
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1366865527851868163?s=20

“BREAKING: The U.S. expects to have enough COVID vaccine doses for all adult Americans by the end of May, two months earlier than anticipated, President Joe Biden says.”

So the report I saw the other day was apparently one month off if we are to believe this report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cscottrun; 03-02-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #124
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

The single dose Johnson and Johnson shot is going to be huge. Once we can get supplies to CVS, Walgreens, grocery store pharmacies etc--we're going to see a huge spike in vaccinated numbers.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #125
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

So you’re telling me there’s a chance...
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #126
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1366865527851868163?s=20

“BREAKING: The U.S. expects to have enough COVID vaccine doses for all adult Americans by the end of May, two months earlier than anticipated, President Joe Biden says.”

So the report I saw the other day was apparently one month off if we are to believe this report.

There is a difference between having enough supply and having the ability to vaccinate everyone on demand. It's going to take another 2-3 months to get through everybody. But it's obviously good news that they anticipate supply being available ahead of schedule. Hopefully the vaccination process will expand significantly, and we can get to herd immunity that much quicker.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #127
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

My Tour Central Stats

This is local for me, but aren't they doing it at every stadium around the country?

https://patch.com/washington/across-...housands-daily
    Old 03-02-2021, 03:14 PM   #128
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    This is local for me, but aren't they doing it at every stadium around the country?

I can't speak for other states, but NY is doing it at Yankee Stadium and Citi field. They're also vaccinating on a bunch of state owned land like colleges, parks (i.e., Jones Beach), pretty much everywhere.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 05:02 PM   #129
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post

Getting the first shot on Thursday at Mercedes Benz Stadium in ATL
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:31 PM   #130
    DKX147992

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

If quoted, I'll deny it to the grave, but from the CDC, massive changes will be in place within 8 weeks.

I don't work for CDC, but a govt contractor heavily involved in studying the virus, funded by CDC. I've probably already said too much, but it's not part of the studies I'm restricted from talking about, and it's not a rumor.

Not to get political here, but the circle is Election Day. This chart tells a pretty amazing story, not to lay blame, stir up conspiracy theory, or anything else. But the correlation between control of this pandemic and the periods pre and post election day are clear as day. Don't imply or infer anything from that, I'm just saying the info I provided above is confirmed by the retreat in COVID this chart depicts
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg IMG_5996.jpg (58.3 KB, 82 views)
    DKX147992 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #131
    DKX147992

My Tour Central Stats

to add to what I was getting at above, don't you guys think its possible some form of tour happens? Even if it's only 2,500 people or so per show?

No idea how attendees would be selected, but a lottery seems most likely and fair. I'm 51% confident fans will be at a DMB show before july 4th 2021
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:38 PM   #132
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

We've been over this and over this, but sheds aren't going to open up for 2,500 people. They'd be losing more money by doing that than they are by staying shuttered.
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:48 PM   #133
    DKX147992

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    I don’t believe that at all, distribution is still a problem.
    YOU are correct, the rumors of vaccincation to the masses soon are speculation at best.

Live events wouldn't be allowing entrants based on vaccination (since we don't even have proof or enough data on whether or not vaccinated persons can carry and spread the disease yet). This is sourced data, trust me, based on ongoing CDC studies.

Entry would be based on testing, temperature checks, and MAYBE proof of vaccination. Picture the DMV where you have to prove your identity....NJ has a "5 points" system where you need a combination of docs. Maybe a negative test and temp check equals entry, or a temp check plus vaccination equals entry, there are many ways to do this.

But I don't believe we need:

1. A threshold of the population vaccinated for live event attendance, or
    2. Any further reduction in new cases/fatalities.

This has been all about delta, or rate of change. Last year, even when positive stories sprung up, charts and data clearly told the truth--the problem was worsening. That data has seen a massive reversal since mid-December....conspiracy theorists will say it's because of less testing, or political agendas. The vaccine certainly didn't stop the spread in its tracks either. I'm not claiming to know why it did either lol, but it did.

That, plus the narrative has changed drastically. It reminds me of post the financial crisis in 2009 when the media spoke of "green chutes" of economic data that hinted at a recovery. Well this is a green forest, compared to a barren wasteland of news, social media and govt data, we saw in 2020. That change in narrative (some might simply call it optimism or hope) accounts for more change than the vaccine, Trump, or any other contributing factor you can imagine.

The economy is improving, the job market is NIGHT AND DAY different now than it was even 3 months ago, there are less obstructions to stimulus and gov't aid, the vaccine doesn't hurt (although we know a lot less than experts will admit about it so far). All we REALLY know about the vaccine is:

1. the US is (finally) showing the world how it's done, leading the planet in efficiency and efficacy in adminstering it, and
    2. the vaccines aren't making people sick, killing people, or spreading COVID.

The rest is more unknown than people think but still we're off to a hell of a start
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:54 PM   #134
    DKX147992

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    We've been over this and over this, but sheds aren't going to open up for 2,500 people. They'd be losing more money by doing that than they are by staying shuttered.
    Prices will rise my friend. Bands will get less of the take. And when was the last time a place was supposed to admit 2,500 people, and they actually admitted 2,500 people? You can assume they'll oversell /admit by 50%.

And I picked 2,500 out of my wazoo. Show me the math how it doesnt work at 4k or 6k or 8k?

Some venues have unlimited lawn seating too.

Send me your info, put $20 on it? I'm good for it VENMO/SQUARE/ZELLE.

Better yet - when I upload a pic of me and my friends at a show, you can admire from the couch tour

The NBA IS DOING IT
    THe NFL....IS DOING IT
    MLB.....IS DOING IT

you think these joints are that different? NBA arenas don't hold that much more than some of these joints. Plus they're harder to socially distance

Last edited by DKX147992; 03-02-2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: by
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:57 PM   #135
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKX147992 View Post
    Prices will rise my friend. Bands will get less of the take. And when was the last time a place was supposed to admit 2,500 people, and they actually admitted 2,500 people? You can assume they'll oversell /admit by 50%.

And I picked 2,500 out of my wazoo. Show me the math how it doesnt work at 4k or 6k or 8k?

Some venues have unlimited lawn seating too.

Send me your info, put $20 on it? I'm good for it VENMO/SQUARE/ZELLE.

Bold will be the only way it would work at a capacity that small.

But sure, let's put a bet down. $20 to the charity of the winner's choice if a venue sells tickets to a DMB concert with an advertised max capacity of ???

2,500 would be like 10-15% of most sheds. I'll give you <= 20%.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-02-2021 at 10:58 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #136
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

But don't take that bet, because my stupid state just said everything can open 100%.
    Old 03-03-2021, 05:45 AM   #137
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But don't take that bet, because my stupid state just said everything can open 100%.
    ISO Woodlands Pits
    Old 03-03-2021, 06:30 AM   #138
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Mississippi lifted their restrictions yesterday. Got an email this morning from a small MS arena (8,000 seater) announcing an indoor, non-distanced, normal show for mid-April.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 06:36 AM   #139
    rhd9b
    wahoos

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Let’s goooooo!
    Old 03-03-2021, 06:52 AM   #140
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKX147992 View Post
    If quoted, I'll deny it to the grave, but from the CDC, massive changes will be in place within 8 weeks.

I don't work for CDC, but a govt contractor heavily involved in studying the virus, funded by CDC. I've probably already said too much, but it's not part of the studies I'm restricted from talking about, and it's not a rumor.

Not to get political here, but the circle is Election Day. This chart tells a pretty amazing story, not to lay blame, stir up conspiracy theory, or anything else. But the correlation between control of this pandemic and the periods pre and post election day are clear as day. Don't imply or infer anything from that, I'm just saying the info I provided above is confirmed by the retreat in COVID this chart depicts
    the media coverage has gotten a lot more optimistic now that the bad scary man is out of the White House, sure. But that spike and subsequent decline is surely due to the holidays AND the fact that vaccines didn't start widely rolling out to states until 6 or 7 weeks ago.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 06:56 AM   #141
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Bold will be the only way it would work at a capacity that small.

But sure, let's put a bet down. $20 to the charity of the winner's choice if a venue sells tickets to a DMB concert with an advertised max capacity of ???

2,500 would be like 10-15% of most sheds. I'll give you <= 20%.
    that's interesting, obviously there are people who would pay a significant premium for a show with far fewer attendees than normal (Just for exclusivity's sake or whatever).

But I don't think that number, at least in most markets, is as high as LiveNation might like. I'm 100% sure they have people crunching the numbers to see the best way to gouge fans in the "NeW nOrMaL", however.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #142
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Mississippi lifted their restrictions yesterday. Got an email this morning from a small MS arena (8,000 seater) announcing an indoor, non-distanced, normal show for mid-April.
    Yeah, whether or not it is the correct decision, that news about vaccines by end of May makes me think we're going to see more and more of this in the coming weeks. Basically putting the onus on the consumer to have been vaccinated or to accept the risk.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 07:06 AM   #143
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hopefully businesses will now take the lead and keep enforcing masks and distancing in places where the government is now like “whatevs”

TX couldn’t kill enough people with the outages, so now they’re like “open the state up 100%, that should work”

It’s almost immoral
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 09:21 AM   #144
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Hopefully businesses will now take the lead and keep enforcing masks and distancing in places where the government is now like “whatevs”

TX couldn’t kill enough people with the outages, so now they’re like “open the state up 100%, that should work”

It’s almost immoral
    Agreed.
    Not that way north of the northern border.
    Here virtually everyone wears a mask (as required)in any public place.
    Things in Ontario remain largely shut down.
    There remains a problem getting vaccine supply.
    I don’t expect the DMB Toronto show will happen on June 23rd.

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #145
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42km View Post
    Agreed.
    Not that way north of the northern border.
    Here virtually everyone wears a mask (as required)in any public place.
    Things in Ontario remain largely shut down.
    There remains a problem getting vaccine supply.
    I don’t expect the DMB Toronto show will happen on June 23rd.
    Which is a shame. I have tickets to the Gorge, and am excited to go when finally able, but for some reason I want to see DMB in Toronto a lot more.

Nicest city I've ever been to.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #146
    nerrfhearder

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

SPAC just emailed me a survey monkey link asking what my thoughts on the possible rules & regulations that may be in place before I attend a performance.
    nerrfhearder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #147
    amberleigh

Shows Seen: 43

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nerrfhearder View Post
    SPAC just emailed me a survey monkey link asking what my thoughts on the possible rules & regulations that may be in place before I attend a performance.
    That's exciting.
    Old 03-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #148
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Walmart just entered the Vaccine game in my area....I think that will be a game changer, as they are experts in logistics. I scheduled my Mom, no problem for Tuesday. I will be fine, she has always been my concern, so I am very happy with that for now.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2021, 02:37 PM   #149
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nice but I think this state should still have a mask requirement
    Old 03-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #150
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

The country is about to get flooded with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Buy stock in J&J.

CNN just had a story about a location which is offering both the Moderna vaccine as well as J&J. People are given the choice, and are choosing J&J at a 67% rate.

It's being touted as a One & Done vaccine, and people love the idea of shortening the process, and not having to worry about returning for a 2nd injection.

Add to that the fact they're going to fast track production through the Defense Production Act, so by April/May it's going to be widely available.

With this promising news, it's Insane that restrictions are being completely lifted, going in to Easter & Spring Break. We'll have to see now whether it causes a delay in getting the variants under control before we start getting closer to herd immunity through vaccinations. It's clearly Incompetent, but then again, perhaps it's more intentional and criminal.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote