BarstoolSports.com - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #91
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: BarstoolSports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
Crazy McAfee just retired and moved to barstool. He is going to provide some great content. He is funny as fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klize17 View Post
Woke up to the news...Good for him to move on when he can. He was going to need more surgery's after his third one in a row. When he decides to go on tour for his stand up, make sure you go. I went last year to his show in Bloomington and he is fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I feel like people bagging on him for leaving money on the table with the Colts are missing the point. The guy has a passion for making people laugh and has the ability to pursue it. Good for him. If he's handled his money properly to this point he'll be in fine shape. But as somebody who's had a serious lack of fulfillment in my work in the past, if you have a chance to do something you truly love I say go for it. Excited to see his content.
The press conference was hilarious. Old barstool with a twist of new barstool, in my opinion. When everything clicks, it works great and its funny. If any part of the producing/writing of the press conference was McAfee, then I have no doubt he will succeed in a comedic career. He was great on the podium. Olsen is next.

Edit: If you haven't seen it: http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto...rstool-sports/

KFC was great at the end.
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #92
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

When I saw the headline that McAfee was retiring from the NFL to join Barstool, I couldn't get the Weird Haircut Seth "What an idiot! What a fucking idiot!" out of my head.
    Old 01-17-2018, 06:34 AM   #93
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

So Barstool launched their own Sirius XM station today. Crazy how far they've come in the past few years. I will say, though, that they've largely lost me as a reader/viewer/follower. It's just becoming too stale and forced at this point, all the charm of what made it so relatable has largely vanished. I unfollowed most of them on Twitter and Instagram. Only guys I still find funny/entertaining are Chaps, Clem, Pres, and the PMT guys.

Also, least surprising thing of all time that KFC turned out to be a scumbag in real life, cheating on his pregnant wife. Good Lord that was tough to follow. He has been the single most unbearable "personality" they've developed since the buyout. Those little rant videos they post on FB of him are the most cringeworthy things on the Internet.
    Old 01-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #94
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I fucking hate KFC and I never even listen to him.

Dude is a complete joke. Barstool needs to get rid of him.

EDIT: I only listen/follow the PMT guys.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 06:57 AM   #95
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

yeah chaps and PMT, plus the spittin chiclets guys are all I like

also a ton of their fans are totally unhinged racists/sexists. just look at the most upvoted comments and it will make you sick.

that's not to reflect negatively on any personality personally, it just makes you feel cringe-y being adjacent to that
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #96
    TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I listen to PMT, almost never visit the site anymore unless I'm really bored. Pres definitely has some moments though, he plays the guy you love to hate very well.

Met Big Cat when he was still in Chicago and he was really nice/funny. I realize he wasn't much of a "celebrity" or whatever yet, but it was nice to see his that he wasn't a phony....at least in the 20 minutes I interacted with him. He is the MVP of Barstool.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #97
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post

Yeah KFC has easily become the worst thing about Barstool. Just so forced and over-the-top. It's amazing to me that people actually find him entertaining anymore. Once they got bought out he took a sharp turn for the worst, especially noticeable once Big Cat left KFC Radio.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    yeah chaps and PMT, plus the spittin chiclets guys are all I like

also a ton of their fans are totally unhinged racists/sexists. just look at the most upvoted comments and it will make you sick.

that's not to reflect negatively on any personality personally, it just makes you feel cringe-y being adjacent to that
    Agreed. Though admittedly sometimes the comments do make me laugh, especially the reactions to the whole KFC cheating on his wife scenario. That was a nice time-killer on a Friday a few weeks ago
    Old 01-17-2018, 07:04 AM   #98
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I wonder what the money arrangement is like with those guys. to me (could be biased), it seemed like PFTC absolutely realized after the ESPN debacle that he was not getting paid commensurate to what he's bringing in and also doesn't really need barstool/prez at all
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #99
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I wonder what the money arrangement is like with those guys. to me (could be biased), it seemed like PFTC absolutely realized after the ESPN debacle that he was not getting paid commensurate to what he's bringing in and also doesn't really need barstool/prez at all
    I know just from being a long-time reader that a bunch of the original guys (KFC, Big Cat, KMarko, Feitelberg) got a nice payday when the company was bought out. I'd imagine their income is somewhat tied to how much traffic they generate, maybe a portion of ad sales or something like that. I imagine PMT's sponsors are paying more for a read than on any other podcast, probably have it built in where BC/PFTC/Hank are at least getting a taste of that since theirs is easily the most accessible and popular thing Barstool has.
    Old 01-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #100
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    So Barstool launched their own Sirius XM station today. Crazy how far they've come in the past few years. I will say, though, that they've largely lost me as a reader/viewer/follower. It's just becoming too stale and forced at this point, all the charm of what made it so relatable has largely vanished. I unfollowed most of them on Twitter and Instagram. Only guys I still find funny/entertaining are Chaps, Clem, Pres, and the PMT guys.

Also, least surprising thing of all time that KFC turned out to be a scumbag in real life, cheating on his pregnant wife. Good Lord that was tough to follow. He has been the single most unbearable "personality" they've developed since the buyout. Those little rant videos they post on FB of him are the most cringeworthy things on the Internet.
    I listened to the morning show this morning, and actually really enjoyed it. It's Julie Stewart Binks, Francis (Barstool personality and comedian) and Willie Colon (former NFL player). I really enjoyed Willie Colon. I know its just one day, but comparing him to Bart Scott (another former NFL player who now is on the radio in NY on the new afternoon drive at WFAN) is night and day. Obviously though, there is far less sports analysis going on on Barstool Radio though.

It helped that this morning they had Diana Russini, Piers Morgan, and the GOAT Mike Francesa on as guests (they actually did some good analysis and debate with Francesa).

Quote:

KFC is a piece of shit, but I'll give him this much, he is by far the best host for a show they have on staff (Barstool radio's flow was terrible when he wasn't there).

Quote:
    Quote:
    I know just from being a long-time reader that a bunch of the original guys (KFC, Big Cat, KMarko, Feitelberg) got a nice payday when the company was bought out. I'd imagine their income is somewhat tied to how much traffic they generate, maybe a portion of ad sales or something like that. I imagine PMT's sponsors are paying more for a read than on any other podcast, probably have it built in where BC/PFTC/Hank are at least getting a taste of that since theirs is easily the most accessible and popular thing Barstool has.
    The originals, KFC, Big Cat and Kmarko, maybe a few others, have equity in the company now. They also get money based off profit of merch sold based on their idea. And obviously a salary of I would assume a reasonable amount of money since they are in NYC.

Last edited by Cscottrun; 01-17-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 08:24 AM   #101
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Fran and Ria trigger a lot of people
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #102
    BTCS_JTR
    The Wilpon's are gone!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

One wife, everyone knows the rules.
    Old 01-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #103
    maxatlof

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I was late to the party on this website. I just got introduced to them within the past year from the PMT Podcast and was immediately annoyed by them. Big Cat and PFT think they are way funnier and wittier than they really are. So after about two and a half podcasts I crossed them off my list of any potential interest. And then after reading a few things in the press/blogs over the past yr or so about the president and how much of a douche he is just cemented my initial impression of their whole shtick. Maybe you just gotta be a 20 yr old college kid in order for you to get them, idk.
    maxatlof is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #104
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

It seems the satire of PMT has been lost on maxatlof.

But I do agree that 90% of Barstool's content is aimed at high school/college aged kids these days. That whole JUUL thing from a few months back flew so far over my head.
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #105
    maxatlof

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It seems the satire of PMT has been lost on maxatlof.

But I do agree that 90% of Barstool's content is aimed at high school/college aged kids these days. That whole JUUL thing from a few months back flew so far over my head.
    I think maybe you're right. And normally I love satire, but wth these dudes it just doesn't click for me. Idk
    maxatlof is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #106
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxatlof View Post
    I think maybe you're right. And normally I love satire, but wth these dudes it just doesn't click for me. Idk
    If you weren't familiar with PFT Commenter prior to Pardon My Take then I can see how it may have gotten past you.

Basically every single thing PFTC (and to some extent now Big Cat) says is tongue-in-cheek or as a parody of the mainstream (see: ESPN) talking head hot take types like Skip and Stephen A.
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #107
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If you weren't familiar with PFT Commenter prior to Pardon My Take then I can see how it may have gotten past you.

Basically every single thing PFTC (and to some extent now Big Cat) says is tongue-in-cheek or as a parody of the mainstream (see: ESPN) talking head hot take types like Skip and Stephen A.
    The great thing about PFT is that so many of his jokes are unbelievably subtle/smart. Sometimes when reading his column I know there is a joke there but don't get it or it takes me a minute to figure out what the joke is. the spelling errors don't help.
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #108
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Like when he does his "First Name Last Name" literally translates to "Blank blank". Some of those take me a good minute to figure out. Some I never figure out.
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #109
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Like when he does his "First Name Last Name" literally translates to "Blank blank". Some of those take me a good minute to figure out. Some I never figure out.
    The best one of all time:

Jack Del Rio literally translates to "Masturbate into a River"

Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #110
    coyn113
    Keep Pushin'

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I have been following this site since around 2009 and disappoint myself now how pot committed I am

I follow pretty closely but fully admit the quality and charm has suffered greatly over the past few years

Probably 40% of the output is just flat garbage
    Old 01-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #111
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The best one of all time:

Jack Del Rio literally translates to "Masturbate into a River"

"Detergent literaly translates to chicks only."

Old 01-17-2018, 12:30 PM   #112
    jwehaeDMB
    Juice

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    I don't get why. In order for their platform to scale and grow, they inevitably need to reach a larger audience, and in turn, generate more money.

CITO is just two cute chicks covering gossip news. Watch it or don't, but i'm sure several people will stop their scrolling on facebook to watch the short segment.
    Atlanta 2006, my wife and I enjoyed a great show. I drank moderately and had a bite to eat before leaving. Upon our arrival home we had intercourse in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation. A child was concieved and is now the light of our lives.
    jwehaeDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #113
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jwehaeDMB View Post
    I don't get why. In order for their platform to scale and grow, they inevitably need to reach a larger audience, and in turn, generate more money.

CITO is just two cute chicks covering gossip news. Watch it or don't, but i'm sure several people will stop their scrolling on facebook to watch the short segment.
    I agree

check out the comment section of their posts
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #114
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

CITO is fine for what it is.

Julie Stewart-Binks is the fucking worst, though. Breakfast Show’s flow was constantly killed whenever she attempted (and failed) to be funny.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #115
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Just learned PFT's real name. Probably shouldve been able to find this sooner. He has done a damn good job keeping it hidden though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #116
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    This is an understatement.
    Old 02-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #117
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Fran is fine, Ria is definitely annoying, shes very full of herself, that fits in well there though.

Quote:
    Old 02-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #118
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Just learned PFT's real name. Probably shouldve been able to find this sooner. He has done a damn good job keeping it hidden though.
    How? (and what is it?)
    Old 02-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #119
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How? (and what is it?)
    https://gothamsn.com/the-bodegas-boy...l-fcd66b012454

Eric McLean.

His wedding pictures are also online if you search his name. Looks like a completely different person without all his hair.

Quote:
    Old 06-30-2018, 05:49 AM   #120
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

https://deadspin.com/barstool-sports...ugl-1827215385

Portnoy is such a vile POS. Cannot believe how many people defend these jackasses, let alone actually get enjoyment from their antics.

If someone tells me their favorite website is Barstool or calls themselves a "stoolie" (wtf???), my opinion of them will immediately drop.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote