Fantasy Football 2017: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-12-2017, 05:13 AM   #61
CrashDMB237

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Fantasy Football 2017: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em

2nd pick, PPR, 2QB, 10 team.

First pick is David Johnson soooo I really need Bell to start showing up to Steelers camp...
CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #62
    Bostonsux013
    VICTORY!

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Does anybody know of a site that allows you to plug in keepers in the appropriate rounds and it generates a best available, or even picks that are generally around when I am on the clock?
    Bostonsux013 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #63
    s0628711

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Just got our draft order pulled. Picking 5th/14 in a standard scoring league. Am I the only one that has Odell as the number 1 wideout going into the year?
    s0628711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #64
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s0628711 View Post
    Just got our draft order pulled. Picking 5th/14 in a standard scoring league. Am I the only one that has Odell as the number 1 wideout going into the year?
    I have him 4

Brown
    Julio
    Evans
    Odell
    Old 08-15-2017, 04:24 AM   #65
    s0628711

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    I have him 4

Brown
    Julio
    Evans
    Odell
    AB I can be convinced as number one. But Julio has a long track record of not getting in the end zone commensurate with the number of passes he catches/yards he puts up. 80 career games, 40 TDs. Hell, he had over 1,800 yards/136 catches and just 8 TD in 2015. As for Evans, I'm sort of just fading him, based on the talent they brought in with jackson and Howard, plus I think they'll be a better team record-wise, I think there may be less targets there.
    Old 08-15-2017, 06:21 AM   #66
    Nvetta

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    AB I can be convinced as number one. But Julio has a long track record of not getting in the end zone commensurate with the number of passes he catches/yards he puts up. 80 career games, 40 TDs. Hell, he had over 1,800 yards/136 catches and just 8 TD in 2015. As for Evans, I'm sort of just fading him, based on the talent they brought in with jackson and Howard, plus I think they'll be a better team record-wise, I think there may be less targets there.
    I'd go AB at wr1 and Odell at wr2. Agree with everything else said here. I usually take AJ ahead of Evans too.
    Nvetta is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2017, 06:51 AM   #67
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You can't just ignore the fact that Brandon Marshall is going to steal a bunch of target especially in the red zone. I think he will have just as much of an effect on Beckham as Jackson and Howard will on Evans. Also at least in my league last year which is one point per reception, Mike Evans was the second best wide receiver. He's still the red zone guy. He's still playing all over the field.

Just preference really. I had Evans last year and it was a friggin fantastic experience. The year before I got burned by Beckham hard with a couple of shit weeks when I really needed him. Wouldn't take a dump on anyone who had him ranked second overall at WR... I just don't have him there.

Edit: and I would never ever take AJ Green ahead of Mike Evans.
    Old 08-15-2017, 06:54 AM   #68
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Not sure what to think of Julio this year. Could see that offense (Matt Ryan) taking a big step back.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #69
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    Not sure what to think of Julio this year. Could see that offense (Matt Ryan) taking a big step back.
    Agree, but I can also see them just getting back to basics and getting their god damn star the ball. That's where I like Julio.
    Old 08-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #70
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

I have the 2nd pick this year which is higher than I've ever drafted. For three years I've gone WR, WR, RB or QB, WR and I've either won or been top 2 in points for the regular season... only to lay a massive egg in the first round (I'd never get a bye either because of my shit luck) and get sent packing. Very much looking forward to having Leveon this year. So I'm sorry in advance for him shitting the bed week 1 of the playoffs.
    Old 08-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #71
    s0628711

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You can't just ignore the fact that Brandon Marshall is going to steal a bunch of target especially in the red zone. I think he will have just as much of an effect on Beckham as Jackson and Howard will on Evans. Also at least in my league last year which is one point per reception, Mike Evans was the second best wide receiver. He's still the red zone guy. He's still playing all over the field.

Just preference really. I had Evans last year and it was a friggin fantastic experience. The year before I got burned by Beckham hard with a couple of shit weeks when I really needed him. Wouldn't take a dump on anyone who had him ranked second overall at WR... I just don't have him there.

Edit: and I would never ever take AJ Green ahead of Mike Evans.
    Your point about Marshall is certainly fair, but just going by my gut, I feel as though Odell creates touchdowns on his own moreso than relying solely on red zone targets.
    Old 08-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #72
    TheLastPig

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Im interested to see D. Jackson's numbers in Tampa this year opposite of Evans.

Have to think both of their numbers will go up from last year. Wondering what round is a good one to target DJax

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #73
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Polling the audience here a bit... I'm the commissioner and we've always done a new draft every year but this year I'm gonna propose the idea of a keeper league. Any tips, things you like/don't like from experiences with keeper leagues i.e. How many keepers (I was thinking only 1), only being able to keep players after a certain round, how easy is it to transfer keeper info over year to year (on espn) stuff like that.
    Old 08-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #74
    JTRocks

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushB610 View Post
    Polling the audience here a bit... I'm the commissioner and we've always done a new draft every year but this year I'm gonna propose the idea of a keeper league. Any tips, things you like/don't like from experiences with keeper leagues i.e. How many keepers (I was thinking only 1), only being able to keep players after a certain round, how easy is it to transfer keeper info over year to year (on espn) stuff like that.
    I've been commisioner of one for 6 years now. I'll offer a few random suggestions observations

12 team PPR

-The league I commish only allows 1 keeper, the other one I'm allows 2. 1 keeper is so much better. It's just a lot more fun to have good picks available in the first round

-Don't allow anyone to keep players drafted in the first 2 rounds. For example, i drafted david johnson in the first round last year. Let's say i draw pick#4, I might as well just say I want to keep David Johnson since that basically moves me up a couple draft spots

-keepers are kept in the round they were drafted (ex: you drafted Danny Woodhead in the 8th round last year, you get him this year as your 8th rounder - and subsequently lose your 8th round pick)

-Come to an agreement with your league on what keeper spot a free agent should have. In my league, we do +5 of the ADP of that player (day of the draft)

-LAST and probably most important. DO NOT allow people to keep traded players. I guarantee you, you will have teams that are mathematically out of the playoffs just before the trade deadline. and if they dont already have a good keeper in line for next year, they WILL purge the quality players on their roster for potential keepers for next year. Sure, points-wise, the trades will probably be fair, but the player trading for keepers knows he's not actually improving his roster for that season. We had this issue our first year and voted in this new rule for the next year.
    JTRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #75
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTRocks View Post
    I've been commisioner of one for 6 years now. I'll offer a few random suggestions observations

12 team PPR

-The league I commish only allows 1 keeper, the other one I'm allows 2. 1 keeper is so much better. It's just a lot more fun to have good picks available in the first round

-Don't allow anyone to keep players drafted in the first 2 rounds. For example, i drafted david johnson in the first round last year. Let's say i draw pick#4, I might as well just say I want to keep David Johnson since that basically moves me up a couple draft spots

-keepers are kept in the round they were drafted (ex: you drafted Danny Woodhead in the 8th round last year, you get him this year as your 8th rounder - and subsequently lose your 8th round pick)

-Come to an agreement with your league on what keeper spot a free agent should have. In my league, we do +5 of the ADP of that player (day of the draft)

-LAST and probably most important. DO NOT allow people to keep traded players. I guarantee you, you will have teams that are mathematically out of the playoffs just before the trade deadline. and if they dont already have a good keeper in line for next year, they WILL purge the quality players on their roster for potential keepers for next year. Sure, points-wise, the trades will probably be fair, but the player trading for keepers knows he's not actually improving his roster for that season. We had this issue our first year and voted in this new rule for the next year.
    Yeah this is pretty similar to the idea I had in my head. Last tip you had was a good one though, I could definitely see that being an issue. Also with the FA is a very good point I didn't think of. I've been doing serious fantasy football for years now but never a keeper league and would like to start it off right. Appreciate the info.

What's the usual amount of years you can keep a guy? 1 year I assume?

Any issues with transferring the keepers each year on ESPN or is it as simple as just clicking the player/round they should be kept in?
    Old 08-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #76
    JTRocks

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

We do 1 year only

as for transferring keepers on ESPN, I'm sure there's a way. we've always done a live draft. So the keepers are just penciled into the draft board ahead of time
    JTRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #77
    Nvetta

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

We keep 2 players, max of 3 years. First keeper year you keep at same round you drafted him. 2nd year it increases to 4th round, or same round if it's in the 1st 3 rounds. I also allow 1 franchise keeper for 1st and 2nd year players drafted in or after round 8. Those can be kept for a max of 5 years, with a 1 round increase each year. Up until this year we used regular waivers, so I didn't allow free agents to be kept. This year we moved to faab waivers, so now that everyone has an equal chance at all free agents I am allowing free agents to be kept at a 10th round value.
    We do allow traded players to be kept. Haven't had any issues. It actually seems to help promote more trading. Our keeper/trade deadline is tomorrow and we have a few guys working the phones.
    Nvetta is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #78
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Another commissioner/league related question/discussion for you guys - Appreciate the feedback.

I just took over as commissioner in a long running league (buddy of mine had to step away for personal reasons, not FF related), and one of the issues I'd like to address is the platform we're using. The league has been running through MyFantasyLeague for years, but it's absolutely horrendous. Horrible UI, no real mobile app, looks like a site that was built in 2000. I've put before the league migrating over to a new site, like ESPN/NFL.com/Yahoo. Does anyone use MFL, or know if there's something I can do on the commissioner side to upgrade the look/feel of it? And as league members, should I wait until everyone's on board, or just shoot for a majority before making a decision? If it was just up to me, I would've been gone already. No site is perfect, but playing in other leagues (and being commissioner in one) on ESPN and Yahoo, this platform literally makes me not want to play. Lol
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #79
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Don't know if I'd even ask tbh. Just move it to ESPN if the platform is that shitty.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #80
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Yahoo > ESPN >>> CBS >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL.com
    Old 08-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #81
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

have 0 issues with ESPN.. Yahoo's draft app is a mess.

Quote:
    Old 08-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #82
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Left a league solely because it was on ESPN. Interface is horrendous, app sucks. Yet it's still better than both CBS Sports and NFL.com
    Old 08-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #83
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

yahoos app is more user friendly but I dont have much of an issue with espns. Do wish it was just a football one instead of all sports.

Quote:
    Old 08-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #84
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    yahoos app is more user friendly but I dont have much of an issue with espns. Do wish it was just a football one instead of all sports.
    Yep, that's what I mean by shitty interface and app. I also only have live drafts so I'm not effected by Yahoo's draft app. Haven't used it in 5 years.
    Old 08-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #85
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I run a keeper league. It's a 12-team auction with two keepers. The cost to keep a player goes up incrementally over the years (+$5 year 1, +$10 year 2, +15 year 3), which means no one is typically kept for more than three years. For example, I paid $40 for Bell last year so he'll cost me $45 this year. If I want to keep him again next year it'd be for $55.

One thing I would strongly recommend is to put keepers in place the year after the league decides to implement them. That way managers have a year to operate with the expectation that they'll be able to keep one or a few guys the next year.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #86
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yep, that's what I mean by shitty interface and app. I also only have live drafts so I'm not effected by Yahoo's draft app. Haven't used it in 5 years.
    my point with espn's app is after you get into the football part its pretty easy to figure out. Not really any different from any other app. Silly reason to ditch a league IMO.

Dont know how or why people still do live drafts. Makes things way too long and difficult to me. But hey, whatever works for you, who am I to judge.

Quote:
    Old 08-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #87
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    my point with espn's app is after you get into the football part its pretty easy to figure out. Not really any different from any other app. Silly reason to ditch a league IMO.

Dont know how or why people still do live drafts. Makes things way too long and difficult to me. But hey, whatever works for you, who am I to judge.
    I don't think I'd ever go back to an online draft after live drafting the last 5 years. Ten times more fun. 8-10 dudes sitting around with pizza and wings shitting on each other for a few hours, talking football. I mean that's kinda the dream.
    Old 08-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #88
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think I'd ever go back to an online draft after live drafting the last 5 years. Ten times more fun. 8-10 dudes sitting around with pizza and wings shitting on each other for a few hours, talking football. I mean that's kinda the dream.
    I mean I still definitely do all of that, mans sans the shitting on eachother part, thats kinda gross, but we get together and get pizza etc and its just way easier to manage and see who's available and where your team stands with an online draft.

Quote:
    Old 08-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #89
    s0628711

My Tour Central Stats

Where are you guys on the Saints WRs? Thomas top 10/Snead top 20?
    Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #90
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

In my keeper league my options are Demaryius Thomas, Zeke, or Devonta Freeman.

I can't let Zeke go... can I?

In this league I would be able to keep him his entire career if I chose to.