Official Phish Discussion - Page 2459 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-15-2024, 09:25 AM   #73741
mr. testaverde
King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Phish Discussion

TM on my computer gave me a hard time, kept getting an "internal server" error every time i tried to get mansfield sundays. switched to my phone at 12:00 but nothing but shit seats were left.

then tried for mansfield saturdays and same story, nothing but shit seats.

not too worried - i'll find tix easily

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-15-2024, 09:27 AM   #73742
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post
    TM on my computer gave me a hard time, kept getting an "internal server" error every time i tried to get mansfield sundays. switched to my phone at 12:00 but nothing but shit seats were left.

I got three in Section 8, Row V, Seats 45-47 if you want them for Sunday. Face value and all.

TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2024, 09:33 AM   #73743
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crush_me_16125 View Post
    I agree with all of that. The very obviously holding and then dropping of platinum tickets is absurd too. I mean it’s all absurd really.

That being said I guess my mini tantrum was somewhat of an antijinx as i persistently checked Bethel in a date cycle refresh and ended up hitting a 3 night pav pass. They are literally last row of the pav, but they are aisles and i’m looking at some things on rate my seats, a view from my seat, etc they actually seem pretty solid. Price wasn’t bad either. Bonus, I wasn’t planning on going to all three nights but since I can’t split these oh well I guess i have to!
    Glad you scored!

I think that’s another thing is that people give up too easily once into the map and don’t immediately see something. Countless times it’s 25-40 minutes after onsale went live and I’m still seeing different stuff pop up and am able to cart it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2024, 10:01 AM   #73744
    tubaguy1145

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which venue. This was most certainly not the case for either Mohegan or Bethel. Two of us were in the queue well before the onsale time. 2k’s to 3k’s in front of us. Fully sold out at Mohegan when I got in. Platinum and lawns only for Bethel.

TM gets worse and worse every month. Neither midweek Mohegan nor Bethel Sunday shouldbe THAT tough of a ticket. It’s really off the rails at this point, don’t really think TM is a legitimately feasible way to get tickets anymore.
    I went straight in with no queue for Grand Rapids 2-day pass, then jumped over to DC 3-day pass and was like 10th in line, waited less than a minute. After that I jumped around looking at the single day DC tickets, I never saw a queue higher than 10. Which was a nice change of pace after a lot of other recent ticket buying experiences.
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2024, 10:05 AM   #73745
    tubaguy1145

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

It looked like every single DC lower pav was a charity platinum today. The price varied, but every ticket even 15-20 rows back was labeled as platinum. $400+ for second row Mike’s side.
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #73746
    crush_me_16125

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 View Post
    I went straight in with no queue for Grand Rapids 2-day pass, then jumped over to DC 3-day pass and was like 10th in line, waited less than a minute. After that I jumped around looking at the single day DC tickets, I never saw a queue higher than 10. Which was a nice change of pace after a lot of other recent ticket buying experiences.
    Oh man that is awesome! And really how it should be. So I guess the tough tickets were mostly just Mohegan, Bethel, and probably Alpine. Even Dicks seemed like an easy draw this year. That’s honestly good to see!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 View Post
    It looked like every single DC lower pav was a charity platinum today. The price varied, but every ticket even 15-20 rows back was labeled as platinum. $400+ for second row Mike’s side.
    Yeah ridiculous. Some Bethel middle part of back sections were in the $400’s each. “Charity” platinum is out of control. I would love to see a break down of what % of those tickets actually go to charity. I guarantee it’s not the entire cost difference between the platinum price and regular face.
    crush_me_16125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2024, 10:43 AM   #73747
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TempHelpNeeded View Post
    I got three in Section 8, Row V, Seats 45-47 if you want them for Sunday. Face value and all.

OK, one of the tickets was grabbed by a friend of ours. I still have two tickets for Section 8, Row V, either 45 & 46 or 46 & 47.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:44 AM   #73748
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

My Tour Central Stats

I wish I lived closer to Bethel. We did it with friends in 2022 and I absolutely loved that lawn. A great view and sound from there.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:56 AM   #73749
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    OK, one of the tickets was grabbed by a friend of ours. I still have two tickets for Section 8, Row V, either 45 & 46 or 46 & 47.
    These are no longer available. Sold on CoT.

Old 03-15-2024, 11:41 AM   #73750
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The Phish community is awesome and so funny compared to other artists. Tour gets announced, people freak out because they get shut out.
    Phish fans are like "yeah I'll find them, not to worried."

The realities of the scene are so much better than most large touring acts.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2024, 01:17 PM   #73751
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    The Phish community is awesome and so funny compared to other artists. Tour gets announced, people freak out because they get shut out.

Yeah I mean the reality is I’ve gotten into every single Phish show I have ever attended for face value, with the exception of the 2009 Hampton Reunion shows, and I’ve been to tons of “special” shows or “tough” tickets. I do fully expect for that 15 year streak to break at The Sphere, but my point is patience, sometimes creativity, and good karma (if you believe in such a thing) will get you in at face with this band in all but the rarest of instances.
    Old 03-15-2024, 01:53 PM   #73752
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:
    Yeah I mean the reality is I’ve gotten into every single Phish show I have ever attended for face value, with the exception of the 2009 Hampton Reunion shows, and I’ve been to tons of “special” shows or “tough” tickets. I do fully expect for that 15 year streak to break at The Sphere, but my point is patience, sometimes creativity, and good karma (if you believe in such a thing) will get you in at face with this band in all but the rarest of instances.

It kills me with anxiety to not have a ticket well ahead of time, but I agree with these sentiments. The Phish fan base and specifically my Phish fan friends have taught me to always hold out hope.

I got to experience it at Gorge 2021 in full force where we had an extra ticket in our group cause my friend's girlfriend wasn't comfortable traveling yet (post-COVID). We couldn't sell ahead of time so we miracled someone three nights in a row. Fun seeing that side of the community (or any community for that matter).

Old 03-15-2024, 06:21 PM   #73753
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It kills me with anxiety to not have a ticket well ahead of time, but I agree with these sentiments. The Phish fan base and specifically my Phish fan friends have taught me to always hold out hope.

I got to experience it at Gorge 2021 in full force where we had an extra ticket in our group cause my friend's girlfriend wasn't comfortable traveling yet (post-COVID). We couldn't sell ahead of time so we miracled someone three nights in a row. Fun seeing that side of the community (or any community for that matter).
    I’m with you. I get mad anxious that the entire secondhand supply is gonna evaporate and I’m gonna get shut out. I’ve overspent more than once and every time I see if I had waited I would’ve been rewarded. Maybe one day I’ll learn.

But the Phish community is such a unique beast. Phans really make it so much better. Always willing to help out.
    Old 03-16-2024, 05:46 AM   #73754
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Gordo sat in with Phil and Friends last night at his birthday show for a three song encore.
    Old 03-16-2024, 08:12 AM   #73755
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Watching the Taylor Swift Eras movie and seeing how her fans freak out for TWO surprise songs a show has me lol-ing. They’re freaking out for two songs, but a Phish show is front to back surprises plus completely unique performances of those songs.
    Old 03-16-2024, 01:57 PM   #73756
    DMBzilla
    tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Watching the Taylor Swift Eras movie and seeing how her fans freak out for TWO surprise songs a show has me lol-ing. They’re freaking out for two songs, but a Phish show is front to back surprises plus completely unique performances of those songs.
    Taylor Swift fans think she’s the first person to do literally everything related to music. I’ve seen several articles writing about how she’s changing the concert landscape because people travel to see her as if that’s unique to her.

It’s all very strange. She’s a pop star. No more, no less.
    DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-16-2024, 02:17 PM   #73757
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I mean swifties are insufferable and aren’t exactly the gold standard for music appreciation….
    Old 03-17-2024, 08:28 AM   #73758
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
    Taylor Swift fans think she’s the first person to do literally everything related to music. I’ve seen several articles writing about how she’s changing the concert landscape because people travel to see her as if that’s unique to her.

It’s all very strange. She’s a pop star. No more, no less.
    Quote:
    I mean swifties are insufferable and aren’t exactly the gold standard for music appreciation….
    For so many people she's their first real encounter with music and for many their first concert. They're going to be severely disappointed to realize that every show isn't a stadium sized Broadway production.

But I do think that's one of the things that points people to what's special about the jam scene. I've met so many people who saw D&C or Phish once and they talk about how amazing it is. Coming from the Taylor Swift shows to something so organic yet chaotic has to be mind-blowing.
    Old 03-17-2024, 10:41 AM   #73759
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    For so many people she's their first real encounter with music and for many their first concert. They're going to be severely disappointed to realize that every show isn't a stadium sized Broadway production.

But I do think that's one of the things that points people to what's special about the jam scene. I've met so many people who saw D&C or Phish once and they talk about how amazing it is. Coming from the Taylor Swift shows to something so organic yet chaotic has to be mind-blowing.
    For sure, the ability to catch something wholly unique at literally every single show is definitely what got me, and has kept me, hooked.
    Old 03-18-2024, 08:42 AM   #73760
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The funny thing is I have no issue with TS' music. It's perfectly fine. Some of it is quite good! I'm sure her shows are incredible. But her fans acting like she's so innovative with every single thing she does is exhausting.
    Old 03-18-2024, 01:59 PM   #73761
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

TS#’s linking this discussion in the Swift thread like a 5 year old tattling on his brother.

Dude should just stay out of the jamband threads considering people doing drugs at his one Taboose show offended his delicate sensibilities.
    Old 03-18-2024, 03:02 PM   #73762
    GARnTd
    werd

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I happen to like a bunch of TS's songs but her fans are the biggest turnoff. Harassing John Mayer b/c he slept with her when she was 19. Shit harassing anyone that's associated with John Mayer as well (they bullied Lizzy McAlpine out of opening for Mayer on his solo tour).

And then the whole "omg, one night 4, she wore red and took a 13 second break between songs. That means she's releasing a secret album on May 13th because Red has 3 letters, May has 3 letters, and the breathing was 13 seconds. That shit drives me nuts.
    GARnTd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-18-2024, 05:52 PM   #73763
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GARnTd View Post
    I happen to like a bunch of TS's songs but her fans are the biggest turnoff. Harassing John Mayer b/c he slept with her when she was 19. Shit harassing anyone that's associated with John Mayer as well (they bullied Lizzy McAlpine out of opening for Mayer on his solo tour).

And then the whole "omg, one night 4, she wore red and took a 13 second break between songs. That means she's releasing a secret album on May 13th because Red has 3 letters, May has 3 letters, and the breathing was 13 seconds. That shit drives me nuts.
    phish fans can be just as insane
    Old 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM   #73764
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, but we’re usually right!

I told my buddy before 12/31 that they only played 7 shows at MSG over the summer so NYE would be their 83rd MSG show and they became a band in 1983 so of course it’s Gamehendge. He laughed. And then Trey actually mentioned it during the Harpua narration.
    Old 03-19-2024, 03:52 AM   #73765
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah but at least most of our insanity comes from brain drugs and not pre-pubescent hormonal confusion.
    Old 03-19-2024, 04:54 AM   #73766
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
    Yeah, but we’re usually right!

I told my buddy before 12/31 that they only played 7 shows at MSG over the summer so NYE would be their 83rd MSG show and they became a band in 1983 so of course it’s Gamehendge. He laughed. And then Trey actually mentioned it during the Harpua narration.

Man that was funny. I was really trying to figure out why they didn’t play that MSG Sunday show in the summer, I had heard Madonna pre-booked or some shit but then nothing panned out or ended up happening that day. Then Trey mentions it at the NYE show and I’m like damnit these sons of bitches are so quirky that they legit may hve played only 7 shows solely for that reason of 83 on NYE.

And people wonder why phans get delusions of reference.
    Old 03-19-2024, 06:07 AM   #73767
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah but at least most of our insanity comes from brain drugs and not pre-pubescent hormonal confusion.
    Old 03-23-2024, 08:43 PM   #73768
    Glen La Veta

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Trey rips pebbles and marbles in an empty building on 11/27/20 livestream on youtube. I can only image if a crowd was allowed to witness that beautiful performance. Still trying to wrap my head around the horror of covid-19.
    Glen La Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #73769
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Only a few weeks out, probably need to start looking a little
    more seriously for Sphere tickets.

Tags
    phish