COVID-19/new coronavirus thread - Page 435 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-16-2021, 09:22 AM   #13021
scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: COVID-19/new coronavirus thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp207 View Post
My cousin went to Yale for his doctorate and my Aunt and Uncle would rave about pepes every time they went to visit I really regret not going to visit. They also used to bring back desserts from that Italian place. Stuff was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We drove through Yale when we were there too, cool place.
scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #13022
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Yale is nice, toads place is a cool venue

Everything right outside of it is terrifying
    Old 04-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #13023
    eggsrsweet

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Need some feedback here y'all.

I've been talking to this girl (I could tell the whole story of how I met/know her but I'll spare you the details unless y'all are really interested) and things were seemingly going great.

She said, "Let me know when you move back here!" (I used to live in the city that she's in now and I'm moving back there in a few weeks).

And I said, "Def. Only thing that's keeping me where I'm at now is that 2nd dose of that sweet, sweet Pfizer in my veins". My 2nd shot is in a couple weeks.

And she got really pissed off that I was bragging about getting the vaccine. Saying that I shouldn't be holding it over others. And said it was super awkward that I would do such a thing. I just apologized and tried to move on. But she has ghosted me and blocked me on IG lol...

Did I fuck up? I don't feel like I was bragging; was just explaining my situation in a semi-humorous way. I haven't posted on social media one bit about getting the vax at all so its not like I've been flexing it.

Thoughts?
    eggsrsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 09:38 AM   #13024
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

You did not fuck up.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 10:49 AM   #13025
    Erich
    Handsome & Genocidal

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Echo that, you did not fuck up. Girl was just taking it way too personally.

Just got my first Moderna shot today. Second shot in a month. Can't wait to finally be out and about again.
    Old 04-18-2021, 10:57 AM   #13026
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggsrsweet View Post

I've been talking to this girl (I could tell the whole story of how I met/know her but I'll spare you the details unless y'all are really interested) and things were seemingly going great.

She said, "Let me know when you move back here!" (I used to live in the city that she's in now and I'm moving back there in a few weeks).

And I said, "Def. Only thing that's keeping me where I'm at now is that 2nd dose of that sweet, sweet Pfizer in my veins". My 2nd shot is in a couple weeks.

And she got really pissed off that I was bragging about getting the vaccine. Saying that I shouldn't be holding it over others. And said it was super awkward that I would do such a thing. I just apologized and tried to move on. But she has ghosted me and blocked me on IG lol...

Did I fuck up? I don't feel like I was bragging; was just explaining my situation in a semi-humorous way. I haven't posted on social media one bit about getting the vax at all so its not like I've been flexing it.

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet
    Old 04-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #13027
    HoldemHart
    Love This Goofy Bastard

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Thoughts?
    Getting an appointment is incredibly frustrating, her reaction could be more of a reaction to the vaccine rollout than your comment. You were just a place to voice the frustration.

Prediction: I imagine you'll hear back when she gets her shot.
    HoldemHart is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #13028
    GraceBuckley

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NextMovement41 View Post
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet
    Yeah, I'm a bit on the "possibly over-sensitive side" around issues like access to vaccines and equity in roll-outs... and I can definitely say I find her reaction excessive and I agree with NextMovement41: you dodged a bullet.

I used to be (in romance and in work and in general life stuff) the kind of person who, when I got a reaction I didn't understand I'd do a lot to try to understand it or explain myself, etc.

Sometimes that's still important or necessary... but mostly these days I understand that when someone gives me some wacko, way-excessive response to something, it's the Universe's way of saying "Here's a freebie: just take this as useful info about this person and keep on moving. Ideally AWAY from this person."

I hope your 2nd dose goes well, you have a safe move back to wherever, and once you get there, you meet a really cool woman who doesn't overreact to your good news.
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #13029
    justinandimcool
    denim & sheepskin

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

missing context: was this via chat or phone?

weird outbursts like that is often a girl just looking for an excuse to ghost you, so there’s always that possibility. but she seemed open to you reaching out when you moved back, unless i’m misinterpreting that as just disingenuous small talk

i’m actually on both sides. you were definitely not wrong. it’s a pretty important detail to throw out there in the dating world that you’re vaccinated. it’s the first thing on my dating profile tbh. that said, she doesn’t look all that crazy. lots of people that really want vaccines can’t get them, and it’s a highly stressful situation. many aren’t lucky enough to “oh well” it like others

that being said, sounds like a sore subject for her but she could’ve handled it better. keep in mind: if she WANTED to handle it better she would have lol. a crappy little situation but you’ll live. my gut says you dodged a bullet, but if i were her friend i’d probably be in support of her feelings too tbh. virus is complicated for a lot of folks

Last edited by justinandimcool; 04-18-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    justinandimcool is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #13030
    eggsrsweet

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I’m about to go on a run right now but I’ll come back and give more details. I will say, she has done other strange things that is making me have second thoughts. But I kinda understand where she’s coming from...

And I met her in person a couple years ago at a friend’s birthday but we haven’t seen each other since then. We’ve been texting; not on the phone.
    Old 04-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #13031
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Thoughts?
    She sounds like a fucking weirdo. Not sure how you mentioning that you haven’t moved yet because you’re waiting for your 2nd shot in a funny way would ever be taken as holding it over somebody’s head.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #13032
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, I’m about to go on a run right now but I’ll come back and give more details. I will say, she has done other strange things that is making me have second thoughts. But I kinda understand where she’s coming from...

And I met her in person a couple years ago at a friend’s birthday but we haven’t seen each other since then. We’ve been texting; not on the phone.
    When I read between the lines of this, it seems this simple: She's hot in your opinion, and you really do NOT want to give up on maybe dating her.

I don't know how old you are, but I wish you luck either way. To me you may just have to date her or try to date her to eventually understand you should've paid attention to the 1st red flags... and taken them and kept it moving.

But sometimes we want what we hope it'll be so much, we try to ignore the red flags.

If she turns out to be an awesome woman and you go on to date and love it, I'll be happy to be wrong about all of this. But I really have a hunch you dodged a bullet but are gonna walk right back into the line of fire if you get the chance with this one
    Old 04-18-2021, 01:24 PM   #13033
    justinandimcool
    denim & sheepskin

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

didn’t know there was more inside info. didn’t know she did weird stuff already

yeah, if things were going well and she pulled this, that’d be a little much.

if she is a normal person, and was simply just on the fence about dating eggs, she was probably waiting for a quick ticket out
    Old 04-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #13034
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Got my second Moderna this morning. Feeling pretty good so far. Have the day off work tomorrow just to be sure.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 03:43 PM   #13035
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    Got my second Moderna this morning. Feeling pretty good so far. Have the day off work tomorrow just to be sure.
    Wrong thread, this is the dating advice one.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 03:50 PM   #13036
    rmp207

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post

It took around 12 hours before I started feeling rough from my second shot. It’s really not terrible but taking the day off is a good decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rmp207 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #13037
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Wrong thread, this is the dating advice one.
    Well, to be fair, dating advice for how potential mates react to Covid vaccines. So actual Covid posts are still relevant.
    Old 04-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #13038
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

My 2nd dose was yesterday. Got hit pretty bad last night with the side effects. Might not have been as bad, but it started around 1230 at night and I just couldn’t get back to sleep with all the aching and shivers etc. maybe got 3-4 hours of sleep total. Other than being tired, I’m finally coming around. Headache is now pretty much gone
    Old 04-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #13039
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

Arm is starting to get sore, but nothing else. Got another two hours before the 12 hour mark. I didn't have any adverse reaction to the first, other than a horribly sore arm. I'm knocking on wood for a second.
    Old 04-18-2021, 07:11 PM   #13040
    Erich
    Handsome & Genocidal

My Tour Central Stats

My arm feels like I was punched hard. It's only when I lift it though so its not constant. I hope the second shot goes this well, but my luck is shit.
    Old 04-18-2021, 07:17 PM   #13041
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

I described it last time like getting punched in the arm by Mike Tyson. It was so good damn sore. Had to alligator arm everything at work the next day.
    Old 04-18-2021, 07:48 PM   #13042
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

changed my first shot from Saturday to Wednesday a bit closer to home, Walgreens had a bunch of appointments open up, I'll be getting Moderna
    Old 04-18-2021, 09:33 PM   #13043
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

My tetanus shot hurt my arm more than my covid shot. Guess you guys have big boy immune systems.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2021, 10:53 PM   #13044
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

I get an intramuscular injection every three weeks anyway so I'm not too worried about sore arm
    Old 04-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #13045
    eggsrsweet

My Tour Central Stats

To keep it COVID related, my reaction to the shot (which I got six days ago now) wasn't bad at all; shot was not painful and my arm was just a tiny bit sore for a couple days. And I helped my sister move into her new house the day I got my shot (lot of lifting and moving around; nothing heavy though; and if I didn't feel good, I wouldn't have done it). Also ran 7 miles yesterday so I think I'm good.

Now, this bird. We met 2 years ago at a friend's 21st birthday party and really clicked; our senses of humor seemed to be similar and we just had some really good convos when we were at the bar. Now, I would've made a move at the time but I found out she was just getting into a relationship with this other dude who was also there. So, I let it be and didn't pursue her. She ended up dating the dude; not sure when they broke up.

Anyway, I kinda forgot about her. I haven't been on Instagram at all the last few years; when I made an account late last year, she got recommended since we have a lot of mutual friends. So I added her. I don't think she followed me back till a few months later; when she did, she liked a bunch of my pictures and DM'd me and said that she would've followed me earlier but her "bitch ass ex felt threatened" I don't think I responded till later that night... and the responses I got from her after that made absolutely ZERO sense and made her seem like kind of a dick. I asked her to tell me more about her... and she never responded. Ghosted. So, I just figured she wasn't really interested and let it go.

Three months later, she sends me a super long message apologizing for the previous messages; she said she was really high and felt really embarrassed to reach out to me again. She said, "You seem like an awesome guy & I've wanted to respond to some of your stuff recently so I figured I might as well bite the bullet & explain myself."

I move it from IG to texts. Little bit of flirting texts back and forth and it seemed to be going great. Then I made the vaccine comment, she got pissed (like I said above). I asked her if she was vaxxed and she responded with "I'm too hot wtf" and I said "Lol wym?" and I haven't heard anything since then. And she blocked me on IG. Not sure what she meant by "hot"... if she was literally too warm or if she is just really conceited.

@ GraceBuckley You said you think its because she's hot IMO and that's why I want it to work... which I don't totally disagree with. She is definitely my type. But I wouldn't say she's drop-dead gorgeous. She's slightly above average.

But yeah, I'll let y'all know if anything ever happens with her. I'm not one of those dudes who sends a bunch of messages to a woman hoping they'll eventually reply; if they don't respond to the first message, oh well; pack up and move on.

But yeah, I can't tell if she was either shit-testing me (just purposely being a dick to see how I'd react), was genuinely offended by what I said OR just wanted to find a way out... based on what she posts on IG (lot of super-woke stuff -- most of which I actually agree with somewhat), I imagine she actually was genuinely offended by it. Because like I said, right before I said that, she was telling me to let her know when I was in town... not really something you say to someone you're not interested in. Idk... who fuckin knows if she reaches out, I'm gonna give her some shit about this... seems really stupid lol
    Old 04-19-2021, 07:58 AM   #13046
    eggsrsweet

My Tour Central Stats

Oh, meant to mention too, she's a cancer survivor so I think there might be some trauma there with not having access to certain medical things. Which I get. Still, I think her reaction was a little much.
    Old 04-19-2021, 08:14 AM   #13047
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Went to an outdoor scouting event with my son over the weekend and was talking to a bunch of the other adults there. Part of the way into the conversation someone asked who was vaccinated. We all were so we simultaneously all took off our masks, It was a small thing, but a bit of normalcy felt nice.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #13048
    Noles20
    Go Birds!

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To keep it COVID related, my reaction to the shot (which I got six days ago now) wasn't bad at all; shot was not painful and my arm was just a tiny bit sore for a couple days. And I helped my sister move into her new house the day I got my shot (lot of lifting and moving around; nothing heavy though; and if I didn't feel good, I wouldn't have done it). Also ran 7 miles yesterday so I think I'm good.

Now, this bird. We met 2 years ago at a friend's 21st birthday party and really clicked; our senses of humor seemed to be similar and we just had some really good convos when we were at the bar. Now, I would've made a move at the time but I found out she was just getting into a relationship with this other dude who was also there. So, I let it be and didn't pursue her. She ended up dating the dude; not sure when they broke up.

Anyway, I kinda forgot about her. I haven't been on Instagram at all the last few years; when I made an account late last year, she got recommended since we have a lot of mutual friends. So I added her. I don't think she followed me back till a few months later; when she did, she liked a bunch of my pictures and DM'd me and said that she would've followed me earlier but her "bitch ass ex felt threatened" I don't think I responded till later that night... and the responses I got from her after that made absolutely ZERO sense and made her seem like kind of a dick. I asked her to tell me more about her... and she never responded. Ghosted. So, I just figured she wasn't really interested and let it go.

Three months later, she sends me a super long message apologizing for the previous messages; she said she was really high and felt really embarrassed to reach out to me again. She said, "You seem like an awesome guy & I've wanted to respond to some of your stuff recently so I figured I might as well bite the bullet & explain myself."

I move it from IG to texts. Little bit of flirting texts back and forth and it seemed to be going great. Then I made the vaccine comment, she got pissed (like I said above). I asked her if she was vaxxed and she responded with "I'm too hot wtf" and I said "Lol wym?" and I haven't heard anything since then. And she blocked me on IG. Not sure what she meant by "hot"... if she was literally too warm or if she is just really conceited.

@ GraceBuckley You said you think its because she's hot IMO and that's why I want it to work... which I don't totally disagree with. She is definitely my type. But I wouldn't say she's drop-dead gorgeous. She's slightly above average.

But yeah, I'll let y'all know if anything ever happens with her. I'm not one of those dudes who sends a bunch of messages to a woman hoping they'll eventually reply; if they don't respond to the first message, oh well; pack up and move on.

But yeah, I can't tell if she was either shit-testing me (just purposely being a dick to see how I'd react), was genuinely offended by what I said OR just wanted to find a way out... based on what she posts on IG (lot of super-woke stuff -- most of which I actually agree with somewhat), I imagine she actually was genuinely offended by it. Because like I said, right before I said that, she was telling me to let her know when I was in town... not really something you say to someone you're not interested in. Idk... who fuckin knows if she reaches out, I'm gonna give her some shit about this... seems really stupid lol
    This girl sounds like a train wreck to me. Be glad she blocked you.
    Old 04-19-2021, 09:10 AM   #13049
    TimHonks

My Tour Central Stats

Finally able to book my first appointment here in the Chicagoland area. First dose on Thursday and second scheduled for 5/20.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-19-2021, 09:12 AM   #13050
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Second does was this past saturday. A little fallout later at night with side effects, but all good now - 12 more days and I'm free.