COVID-19/new coronavirus thread - Page 476 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-24-2021, 06:22 PM   #14251
Route_2
What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: COVID-19/new coronavirus thread

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated
https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-25-2021, 04:58 AM   #14252
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated
    https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Hasn’t that always been the case
    Old 06-25-2021, 05:29 AM   #14253
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I guess technically yes, but it demonstrates the effectiveness of the vaccines.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-25-2021, 05:43 AM   #14254
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

A glimpse into Israel's Delta variant spike: Israel HMO Maccabi says 244 members tested positive. 61% weren't fully vaccinated, and 60% of *them* are suffering from some symptoms. 2 are in hospital.

But among the 39% who are vaccinated but tested positive, ZERO have symptoms.

This is even more interesting because the unvaccinated are more likely to be kids who are generally less symptomatic anyway, while the vaccinated are more likely to be over 16.

Worth noting that data from the Health Ministry reportedly shows 50% of vaccinated people who caught the Delta variant developing symptoms so the data is conflicting.

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/stat...081589769?s=21
    ricky towel is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #14255
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

My dad told me again today that we shouldn't get our kids vaccinated (ages 2 and 5). This time he said it in front of my wife. That didn't go well.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #14256
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    My dad told me again today that we shouldn't get our kids vaccinated (ages 2 and 5). This time he said it in front of my wife. That didn't go well.
    Did he get vaccinated?

I'm really happy (and surprised) that my Tucker watching parents got their shots. I had to make the appointment for my Mom and her husband, but they showed up and got their jabs.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 06-27-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #14257
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Did he get vaccinated?

I'm really happy (and surprised) that my Tucker watching parents got their shots. I had to make the appointment for my Mom and her husband, but they showed up and got their jabs.

My dad was one of the first to get vaccinated in LA back in January. He’s still a member of the hospital even though he’s semi-retired from practicing podiatry.

He’s not anti-vax or even against the Covid vaccine. But he has it in his head that kids shouldn’t get it because of some shit that happening to kids’ hearts when they get it. From what I found, it’s a pretty small percentage of kids who’ve had adverse reactions to it.
    Old 06-28-2021, 04:52 AM   #14258
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Maybe he should stick to feet.
    Old 06-28-2021, 04:58 AM   #14259
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My dad was one of the first to get vaccinated in LA back in January. He’s still a member of the hospital even though he’s semi-retired from practicing podiatry.

He’s not anti-vax or even against the Covid vaccine. But he has it in his head that kids shouldn’t get it because of some shit that happening to kids’ hearts when they get it. From what I found, it’s a pretty small percentage of kids who’ve had adverse reactions to it.

Same with my moms
    Old 06-28-2021, 05:06 AM   #14260
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I get my second dose tomorrow! I was quite sure it would be late summer, if not the autumn before that happened but Canada has recently turned the vax roll-out all the way up to 11. It's been a welcome change.

Normalcy, here we come!!
    swordo84 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 05:32 AM   #14261
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Did he get vaccinated?

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Same with my moms
    I was pleasantly surprised at how eager my fox watching parents got theirs. They’ve also surprisingly been thrilled that my oldest was able to get his. They haven’t commented on my 5 year old, though they know he’ll be first in line when he’s allowed. Their only comment on his age group is that it’s “criminal” to still make them wear masks (which PA’s mandate officially ended today). Actually, only my Mom said that. I don’t think I’ve heard my dad really comment at all about vaccines, masks, or really even Covid. He just goes along with the flow.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 05:46 AM   #14262
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Went to the zoo yesterday - it's pretty funny that all these places where 70% of the clientele are children under age 12 have an official policy stated of "anyone unvaccinated must wear a mask" and there's just zero compliance with it at all. Not even that I think that's wrong, I think it's clear there's little risk to kids and the only ones they are still a transmission risk to are people who made a dumb vaccine decision, but there's definitely this wink-wink-nudge-nudge aspect to officially stated policies at this point.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 06:39 AM   #14263
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    Went to the zoo yesterday - it's pretty funny that all these places where 70% of the clientele are children under age 12 have an official policy stated of "anyone unvaccinated must wear a mask" and there's just zero compliance with it at all. Not even that I think that's wrong, I think it's clear there's little risk to kids and the only ones they are still a transmission risk to are people who made a dumb vaccine decision, but there's definitely this wink-wink-nudge-nudge aspect to officially stated policies at this point.
    I was noticing when I went to the grocery store, only about 5% of the people in the store wore a mask. I started thinking "way to go Memphis, we got 95% vaccinated." Then I remembered we're stuck at 42% fully vaxxed.

It's sorta like the sign outside Trader Joe's I saw this weekend. "The mask is not required for anyone who is fully vaccinated. We expect our shoppers to be honest and responsible."

America
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 06:43 AM   #14264
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    Maybe he should stick to feet.
    I mean, his vanity license plate does say "FOOTGUY" so you are definitely right?
    Old 06-28-2021, 06:52 AM   #14265
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised at how eager my fox watching parents got theirs. They’ve also surprisingly been thrilled that my oldest was able to get his. They haven’t commented on my 5 year old, though they know he’ll be first in line when he’s allowed. Their only comment on his age group is that it’s “criminal” to still make them wear masks (which PA’s mandate officially ended today). Actually, only my Mom said that. I don’t think I’ve heard my dad really comment at all about vaccines, masks, or really even Covid. He just goes along with the flow.
    My wife is still keen on not have the kids eat indoors at restaurants. My parents pick up my oldest from camp on Thursdays and take her to dinner. Every week my dad asks the same thing: "Can we dine in-doors yet?" He knows the fucking answer, but he's just trying to grind my gears.
    Old 06-28-2021, 06:57 AM   #14266
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My wife is still keen on not have the kids eat indoors at restaurants. My parents pick up my oldest from camp on Thursdays and take her to dinner. Every week my dad asks the same thing: "Can we dine in-doors yet?" He knows the fucking answer, but he's just trying to grind my gears.

You know what really grinds my gears? Nobody has come up with a new priest and a rabbi joke in like 30 years
    Old 06-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #14267
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

I read recently, or heard on a podcast that the number of people currently infected w/ COVID in the US is 1 out of every 3,000 people. The odds of running into someone w/ COVID is extremely low right now. It's probably even lower if you take into account that many of those will be quarantining while infected (hopefully).
    Old 06-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #14268
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Our general approach with the kids this summer has been that we are only going to actively initiate activities and outings that feel safer to us (outdoors or lower crowds, etc.), but if they are invited to something that seems riskier by a friend or something we probably aren't going to deprive them of it (unless it's way over the top).
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 07:03 AM   #14269
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

That seems like a reasonable approach.

Our household will be fully vaxxed next weekend, then off to vacation for the first time since the summer before 'rona. Such a great feeling.
    Old 06-28-2021, 07:10 AM   #14270
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We do dine indoors with my youngest.
    The only place we dine with them is at our club. They actually dropped the mask requirement a while ago. For a few weeks staff would be 50/50 as some weren’t vaccinated yet, but I haven’t seen a staff member in a week or so still with a mask. Our table is never near another table, so I’m ok with it.

He also sits inside a Starbucks a few times / week to meet with his kindergarten prep tutor (we are here now).

Once his grandparents and teachers were vaccinated, I felt more comfortable with it all. I was more concerned that he would get it and pass it on to them.

Our county is averaging a handful of cases per day out of 1.2M, so I figure statistically speaking, the odds of him being around anybody with Covid - particularly a “close contact” is low. And the far majority of our time is still either outdoors or not around anybody anyway.

I mean I wouldn’t head to Chuck E. Cheese with him anytime soon and let him go unmasked in a ball pit, but then again, I wouldn’t do that without a pandemic, so
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 07:24 AM   #14271
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    We do dine indoors with my youngest.
    The only place we dine with them is at our club. They actually dropped the mask requirement a while ago. For a few weeks staff would be 50/50 as some weren’t vaccinated yet, but I haven’t seen a staff member in a week or so still with a mask. Our table is never near another table, so I’m ok with it.

He also sits inside a Starbucks a few times / week to meet with his kindergarten prep tutor (we are here now).

Once his grandparents and teachers were vaccinated, I felt more comfortable with it all. I was more concerned that he would get it and pass it on to them.

Our county is averaging a handful of cases per day out of 1.2M, so I figure statistically speaking, the odds of him being around anybody with Covid - particularly a “close contact” is low. And the far majority of our time is still either outdoors or not around anybody anyway.

I mean I wouldn’t head to Chuck E. Cheese with him anytime soon and let him go unmasked in a ball pit, but then again, I wouldn’t do that without a pandemic, so

And to be honest, I would be OK if my parents brought her to dine indoors. Especially because she already had COVID. However, my wife isn't OK with it and I have to pick my battles. This ain't one of them
    Old 06-28-2021, 09:22 AM   #14272
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

There's so much disease in Chuck E. Cheese ball pits that I'm surprised the balls haven't sprouted their own spike proteins.
    Old 06-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #14273
    GraceBuckley

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Your dad sounds like a piece of work Neumdogg! He really likes to - as my 12 yr old has started saying (and I love it) - "boil your potatoes" doesn't he!
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 02:05 PM   #14274
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks, but lots of firsts in the meantime:

1st airplane flight (to Atlanta for business)

1st slumbar party for one kid (12 yr olds, mine and a couple others vaxxed, others not, but slept in living room so not on top of each other)

1st movie in a theater (the new "A Quiet Place 2" and I hate horror movies but it was "Husband's Choice Night" and he loves to freak me out so....)

And we were near the water over the weekend and observed a BUNCH of party boats on the water that looked like packed un-masked nightclubs; guessing there is NO WAY all of those folks were vaxxed.

Me, I'm loving being even more out and about, but I'm still masking indoors, even Trader Joes, and still only letting vaxxed people that we really trust are really vaxxed in the house.

And...just saw this on twitter from an account I trust (and she's a DOCTOR), so yeah gonna keep the masks on until there is NO problematic variant and no vaxxed people still getting Covid:

"The CDC says if you are fully vaccinated, as I am, you can "resume activities without wearing a mask or physical distancing". Well guess who contracted COVID from a fully vaccinated co-worker who has already had COVID once already... be careful there is still much to learn."
    Old 06-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #14275
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    There's so much disease in Chuck E. Cheese ball pits that I'm surprised the balls haven't sprouted their own spike proteins.
    Almost like growing up swimming in the Hudson River...
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2021, 03:48 PM   #14276
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
    I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks, but lots of firsts in the meantime:

1st airplane flight (to Atlanta for business)

1st slumbar party for one kid (12 yr olds, mine and a couple others vaxxed, others not, but slept in living room so not on top of each other)

1st movie in a theater (the new "A Quiet Place 2" and I hate horror movies but it was "Husband's Choice Night" and he loves to freak me out so....)

And we were near the water over the weekend and observed a BUNCH of party boats on the water that looked like packed un-masked nightclubs; guessing there is NO WAY all of those folks were vaxxed.

Me, I'm loving being even more out and about, but I'm still masking indoors, even Trader Joes, and still only letting vaxxed people that we really trust are really vaxxed in the house.

And...just saw this on twitter from an account I trust (and she's a DOCTOR), so yeah gonna keep the masks on until there is NO problematic variant and no vaxxed people still getting Covid:

"The CDC says if you are fully vaccinated, as I am, you can "resume activities without wearing a mask or physical distancing". Well guess who contracted COVID from a fully vaccinated co-worker who has already had COVID once already... be careful there is still much to learn."
    It's almost like the vaccines are not 100% effective.

This person 99.99% chance had mild symptoms. That being said, I still mask in certain situations because my daughter is not fully vaxxed yet. Once she is in a couple of weeks, the mask is coming off for the most part.
    Old 06-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #14277
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    It's almost like the vaccines are not 100% effective.

This person 99.99% chance had mild symptoms. That being said, I still mask in certain situations because my daughter is not fully vaxxed yet. Once she is in a couple of weeks, the mask is coming off for the most part.
    Yup, I know we all knew they were not quite 100% effective, and we've also come to see that overwhelming majority of those very sick or dying from it now were never vaxxed. That said, fuck it, I do NOT want to have it at all at all at all. At all.

I also don't want to get it now and give it to anyone else like someone immuno-compromised, just because I think I'm vaxxed and safe and I'm not worried about masking.

Of course at this point for the vaxxed it's your own choice what you do or don't do, I was just sharing that my family and I feel much better still masking up in most public places, not out on the street much but anywhere there's a crowd and anywhere indoors with strangers, whether it's Target or a restaurant (other than eating). And if we're eating with a big group, outside always.
    Old 06-29-2021, 03:34 AM   #14278
    rmp207

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar..._medium=social

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rmp207 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2021, 04:59 AM   #14279
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Study says Moderna and Pfizer vaccines could give protection for years.

From good morning America this morning
    Old 06-29-2021, 05:06 AM   #14280
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Study says Moderna and Pfizer vaccines could give protection for years.

From good morning America this morning
    Have many people here (or in the US in general) had a mix-and-match vax? I suspect not.

We've had issues getting Pfizer doses in the past week or two. That was my first dose, but I get Moderna for #2 today. I have no issues or concerns with it but curious if it's happened south of the border too... ?
    swordo84 is online now   Reply With Quote