Most unexpected moment at a show for you - Page 7 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-03-2018, 05:23 AM   #181
CaptainRaven

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Most unexpected moment at a show for you

Quote:
Last Stop SPAC ‘16<br>
<br>
The band brought it back at Cville but after only being played another 2 or 3 times it disappeared again so I figured I’d never hear it live. My all time favorite song, the reprise brought me to tears.
The energy that blew that building apart when they hit the first note of the intro was unbelievable. (Last Stop SPAC 16).

I had a guy in 16 at my 99th show try to tell me that Jimmy Buffett is all about music and is better than DMB because all’s DMB cares about is money and Jimmy doesn’t. (Meanwhile Buffett has a restaurant in Disney world and a drink mix all off of one or two hit songs). That was weird at Bristow in 2016.

And anytime there is crowd involvement at SPAC (ie a very prominent “Louie, Louie” on Warehouse in 16)
CaptainRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-03-2018, 08:39 AM   #182
    #41Tom

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crushedsoul41 View Post
    I was screaming
    “it’s like seeing a unicorn!!!” The whole time. 🦄🦄
    During the song? That's kinda annoying...
    And the end of the world."
    #41Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #183
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggsrsweet View Post
    Something that you honestly thought you would never see happen at a DMB show. Could be anything, good or bad. A certain song being played, a guest coming out, a crazy solo, random moment, etc.

For me: 7/7/15 WWYS. John Popper came out. Something he hadn't done since 2001 apparently. Definitely brought up a show that had been slow up until that point. It was awesome!
    I had a girl faceplant really bad in front of me at the gorge one year. Maybe 2014. Stage right of the pit by the beer stand.

She hit her head bad and was semi conscious until she started vomiting. I got her in the cross chest from behind and together with another person was picking her somshe could sit up so she didn’t choke on her throw up.

It was crazy, this went on for a while until medics showed up, never found out what happened to her.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2018, 10:35 PM   #184
    SeekNancyUp
    Answer is always yes...

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

6/30/00: When DMB and Al Green played "Take Me to the River" for the second time. Has DMB ever played the same song twice during the the same show?
    SeekNancyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #185
    krobinson_3232

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Good unexpected: Either Last Stop in WPB 2010 or Ants fake into Halloween in Atlantic City (my first Halloween)

Bad unexpected: Halloween being played night 2 of Alpine, when it had just been played the night before
    krobinson_3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #186
    S100P

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

December 5th 1995 Rupp Arena. Got two tickets front row dead center $150 each. The tickets had I instructions absolutely no tape recorders allowed well I ignored those instructions and took my tiny microcassette recorder are used for college I smuggled it in and listen to Robert Bradley‘s Blackwater surprise and by the time they took the stage I felt comfortable enough to whip it out just in time to record my favorite song seek up.
    I there with my 17-year-old twin brother and he was in the seat beside me but he didn’t bring the recorder only item so I pulled it out to use it and we got through about a minute and a half of the first song when a big strong arm reached over a barrier and grab me and said you’re coming with me you’re coming with me. now I thought I was in trouble so I am still holding this recorder in my hand and once we reached the left side of the stage we met his supervisor who is motioning for me to go to her give her the recorder and I don’t know if they were going to throw me out, but suddenly whoever was running the monitors on stage, and I don’t know if it was Bagby or who it was just starts wailing on those security guards saying “Give it back! Give it back to him! Give it back give it back to him!” Just screaming pissed. They look at him and then they look at me and let me return to my seat with my recorder so when I got was able to record that scream I got back to my seat and my twin brother asked me “what happened?”
    I said well they pulled me to the side and the guy running the monitors screamed at management and security telling them to give me back my tape recorder, my brother Steve interrupts and looks at me and he said “No man Fucking Dave did that!”

He explained what had happened was when they lead me to the side was Dave saw me being led away and got the look of anger on his face Steve had never seen. He was pointing at me and waving to the sound guy saying “Get him, Get him!
    So now I’m back At. my seat trying to process what might have just happened so then I look up at Dave, and he looked down right in my eyes and nodded his head saying “You’re okay, you’re okay.”
    I could swear after the song he said something about kicking the security guard in the balls but I might be wrong. He told me I as okay and I have been okay every since that day. Love the man, and what he stands for and the time he stood up for me. DAVE, THANKS AGAIN IF YOU EVER HEAR ABOUT THIS.
    S100P is offline   Reply With Quote