Capital One Beach Bash - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-11-2018, 11:59 PM   #61
SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Capital One Beach Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshsta420 View Post
There is no way DMB is playing NYE....

No way? They're all going to be together in the same place, a few days before New Year's. Has that ever been the case before in their history? Don't they always go their separate ways by the 20th of December?

It begs the question. Why are they bringing the whole band, and all their equipment, at considerable cost, down to Miami for a Free one-off show?
SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-12-2018, 03:58 AM   #62
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    No way? They're all going to be together in the same place, a few days before New Year's. Has that ever been the case before in their history? Don't they always go their separate ways by the 20th of December?

It begs the question. Why are they bringing the whole band, and all their equipment, at considerable cost, down to Miami for a Free one-off show?
    Same reason they all got together for a one off show back in February
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 04:30 AM   #63
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why are they bringing the whole band, and all their equipment, at considerable cost, down to Miami for a Free one-off show?
    So the show ( to take place on the beach) can be taped, edited and used for the next day half time show during a nationally televised college football championship semifinal. Pretty good exposure!

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #64
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The show is being put on by the College Football Playoffs, the band is getting paid
    Old 11-12-2018, 05:05 AM   #65
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You do realize that fans not having to pay doesn't mean the band isn't getting paid right?
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #66
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Its the holidays still. I'm sure given the chance they would be home with their families given the chance.
    Old 11-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #67
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

You're all probably correct. FWIW, American Airlines Arena is currently open on the 29th & 31st. They could easily gross $4M+ with a couple of shows, if they stayed in Miami another 3 days. Seems like easy money.

I can understand how people would say it's unlikely, but I'm still curious why anyone believes it has a 0% chance of happening, given that the whole band will be in Miami on 12/28.
    Old 11-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #68
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

DMB playing anywhere on NYE would be a big show, they would probably try to promote it earlier than mid November, could be wrong
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 09:19 AM   #69
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I hear Hogan is going to return at Bash at the Beach!! "But whose side is he on?!"
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #70
    chrisjuniper

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're all probably correct. FWIW, American Airlines Arena is currently open on the 29th & 31st. They could easily gross $4M+ with a couple of shows, if they stayed in Miami another 3 days. Seems like easy money.

I can understand how people would say it's unlikely, but I'm still curious why anyone believes it has a 0% chance of happening, given that the whole band will be in Miami on 12/28.
    why do you think it has more than a 0% chance? simply because they're in the same area a few days before? I'm not so sure.

But hey, it definitely would be classic DMB management to announce their first New Years Eve show since what, 1996, a month before new years eve.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #71
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

With that logic they could put on 3-night weekend stands across the country throughout the year and make BILLIONS!!!

Obviously it's not just about "but a venue nearby is open on SAT and MON (but not SUN )"

Planning a tour and deciding when/where to play is more complicated than that
    Old 11-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #72
    rhizingbines

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I live in Miami and as of now, this show is being talked about EVERYWHERE. My FB feed is flooded with casuals sharing a Sun Sentinel article about it. This shit is going to be a madhouse. Lots of people down here consider WPB to be too far of a drive for a concert (almost 2 hours each way) so this is a gift from the gods to some. Just a heads up to those considering traveling down here for it. Also, CapitalOne is saying that entry will be on a first come, first serve basis so I’m not sure if that means there’s a cap on number of entrants.
    rhizingbines is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #73
    rhizingbines

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
    This is a free show, so I bet it's a short set...also, there's no actual venue on South Beach that is suitable, so my guess is that they set up a stage ON the beach and they bring in a crowd of 3000-5000 and this is mostly done for streaming or TV.
    If it’s anything like previous Beach Bashes, it will be WAAAAYYYYY more than 5000 people. Massive, massive, massive crowds to the likes of a festival. Scares me just thinking about it.

And people are crazy if they think they’re going to try to sell out a NYE show at AAA three days after playing for free in the same city.

Last edited by rhizingbines; 11-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Old 11-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #74
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhizingbines View Post
    And people are crazy if they think they’re going to try to sell out a NYE show at AAA three days after playing for free in the same city.

I'm crazy then. They would have absolutely no problem selling out a NYE show. Not even in the same league as a free abbreviated set with General Admission and probably a limit on how many get in.
    Old 11-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #75
    rhizingbines

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm crazy then. They would have absolutely no problem selling out a NYE show. Not even in the same league as a free abbreviated set with General Admission and probably a limit on how many get in.
    I’m just thinking from the casual fan POV. Two shows, three days apart. One is free and on the beach, one is $85-$115 a ticket. Going to be hard to convince someone to bail on their NYE plans in Miami to pay for a concert they could see for free a few days before.
    Old 11-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #76
    elmachobaracho

My Tour Central Stats

This is almost certainly a 1-off show. If they were doing a NYE show, it would have been announced already, but instead they're promoting the fall tour + D&T in Mexico. Some of yall speculating a ton based off 1 corporate show like they've done for the SuperBowl and March Madness and similar. Bunch of corporate sponsors (Capital One, NCAA, Orange Bowl, all the other game sponsors etc.) fit the bill for a free show - it's not a big ordeal like a tour. I saw a similar free concert for the CFB playoff final when it was in Tampa recently. It wasn't too packed and the best part was free chick-fil-a nuggets + vouchers for more free chick-fil-a.

My fiance and I are gonna drive down from Tampa, not just for the show, but also to see some friends in SoFla & SW FL, though I am kinda psyched about the show, especially if we can get there early and see them front row. Only time I've ever saw DMB up close and personal was Bonnaroo 2010, but after tripping balls the night before and working all morning on no sleep and then drinking all afternoon, I could only hang up front for the first half of the set before I needed to sit down and rest. This should be a much more relaxed affair, esp. with the Capital One lounge or whatever. Probably not a 2.5 hour show but 1.5 - 2 hours seems a reasonable expectation. To see them right up front and for free without having to leave the state - it's too good to pass up
    elmachobaracho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #77
    dmbboz

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Where exactly is the beach/venue? Lummus Park, between 8th Street and 10th Street on Ocean Drive? Where would we line up, etc? Thanks in advance.
    dmbboz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #78
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Assuming its the same as a prior Orange Bowl Beach Bash venue will be a stage erected on the beach.
    Entrance will be on east side of Ocean Drive ie on the beach just north of 8th street.

Last edited by 42km; 11-16-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Old 11-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #79
    rhizingbines

My Tour Central Stats

If anyone lives down in the Keys, there are three different charter busses that I’m aware of bussing people up for the show with stops in Key West, Marathon, and Key Largo. PM me if you need deets.

This thing is going to be a total shit show.
    Old 11-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #80
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I live in Miami and as of now, this show is being talked about EVERYWHERE. My FB feed is flooded with casuals sharing a Sun Sentinel article about it. This shit is going to be a madhouse. Lots of people down here consider WPB to be too far of a drive for a concert (almost 2 hours each way) so this is a gift from the gods to some. Just a heads up to those considering traveling down here for it. Also, CapitalOne is saying that entry will be on a first come, first serve basis so I’m not sure if that means there’s a cap on number of entrants.
    Thats a bit of a stretch, its a good 1 hour and 15 minute drive to fairgrounds from South Beach, and most people don't live that far south in Miami but I get your point, the show will be slammed.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #81
    rhizingbines

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    Thats a bit of a stretch, its a good 1 hour and 15 minute drive to fairgrounds from South Beach, and most people don't live that far south in Miami but I get your point, the show will be slammed.
    I mean you’re talking about roughly 80-90 miles and Miami traffic. 1 hour and 15 would be a dream for me.
    Old 11-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #82
    Right Side Up

Shows Seen: 156

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If it’s anything like previous Beach Bashes, it will be WAAAAYYYYY more than 5000 people. Massive, massive, massive crowds to the likes of a festival. Scares me just thinking about it.

Hmmm...from what I know of SoBe there's just no where for that, but either way I think this will be a total shit show!
    Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #83
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I mean you’re talking about roughly 80-90 miles and Miami traffic. 1 hour and 15 would be a dream for me.
    Hour and a half tops but likely less on a holiday week.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #84
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Looking forward to the crowd stories from this one...especially those up front and close to the stage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Old 12-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #85
    elmachobaracho

My Tour Central Stats

Found this with more info = http://www.orangebowl.org/capitalonebeachbash/

Looks like the show will be on the beach, next to Lummus park. Entry at 10th Street & Ocean, the stage will be set up closer to 8th Street
    General admission doors at 4, capital one cardholders can start entering at 3:30. I saw that the concert will end around 10:30 (though this part could have been posted for last year's show, still seems like a good estimate)
    elmachobaracho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #86
    jjf26

Shows Seen: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    I hear Hogan is going to return at Bash at the Beach!! "But whose side is he on?!"
    I want to thank you for making my day with this post. HOGAN HAS BETRAYED WCW!
    jjf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #87
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Construction of the stage on the beach is underway!! I will try to post some photos tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #88
    thankyou

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

will this be webcast?
    thankyou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2018, 05:49 AM   #89
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thankyou View Post
    will this be webcast?
    Probably not, though I expect there will be scopers.

The show will be taped and edited to be shown the next day as the Orange Bowl National Championship Semi-final halftime show.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #90
    rhizingbines

My Tour Central Stats

Have a friend helping with the setup. Said the CapitalOne VIP section is much bigger than the GA section. Whatever that means.