Stupid things heard at a show 2017 - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #91
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Stupid things heard at a show 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafe_41 View Post
Guy behind me at D&T in Philly...
"They always play a song nobody knows first."
Opened with Bartender.

These know nothing tour guides never cease to amaze me.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-03-2017, 05:37 AM   #92
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

In Philly at the start of a song

"This is totally Crush. I guarantee it!"

*Gravedigger starts*

Later in the show he finally correctly called FTWII, got it right and proceeded to dudebro high five his buddies as if the Flyers just scored a goal Was harmless but hilarious.

Also loved the hippie chick just flutter dancing barefoot throughout the walk way. My fiancé and I had fun watching her the whole night.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2017, 06:08 AM   #93
    Sleeping2Dream

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Last night at The Mann, Two Step starts and the women behind me yell out, "Warehouse!" I smirk but whatever. In the middle of the song my husband returns with a beer and says Warehouse. At this point I start in, what is wrong with you people, it's Two Step. He looks at me and says, "no, the beer." Oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sleeping2Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #94
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    In Philly at the start of a song

"This is totally Crush. I guarantee it!"

*Gravedigger starts*

Later in the show he finally correctly called FTWII, got it right and proceeded to dudebro high five his buddies as if the Flyers just scored a goal Was harmless but hilarious.

Also loved the hippie chick just flutter dancing barefoot throughout the walk way. My fiancé and I had fun watching her the whole night.
    I think I saw the same chick N2. She was dancing barefoot on the catwalk from the top of the lawn to the balcony.

Then I saw someone vomiting into the garbage can.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sleeping2Dream View Post
    Last night at The Mann, Two Step starts and the women behind me yell out, "Warehouse!" I smirk but whatever. In the middle of the song my husband returns with a beer and says Warehouse. At this point I start in, what is wrong with you people, it's Two Step. He looks at me and says, "no, the beer." Oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was so happy to see WH Pils at the Mann. I consumed a bit and it was delicious.

Stopped at the beer distributor and picked up a case (the last one they had) before heading back to the Burgh. We don't get Starr Hill around these parts.

Last edited by jrkarger; 06-05-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    jrkarger is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #95
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

seeing some people around saying last night CMAC crew let people just wander down to the front of the stage in the aisles etc even if they didnt have seats down there toward the end of the show.

I would not be happy about that if I was sitting down there

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #96
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by excitingjae View Post
    I call you up
    You pick up
    I got: "I call you up", and then, "You pick up" Now.. we need something here..
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #97
    jrkarger

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    seeing some people around saying last night CMAC crew let people just wander down to the front of the stage in the aisles etc even if they didnt have seats down there toward the end of the show.

Some DOUCHE in a widespread panic shirt tried that shit at Star Lake a few years ago. It didn't fly.

His response to my "WTF are you doing?" was, "I can't see from back there, man."

Zero fucks.
    Old 06-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #98
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrkarger View Post
    Some DOUCHE in a widespread panic shirt tried that shit at Star Lake a few years ago. It didn't fly.

His response to my "WTF are you doing?" was, "I can't see from back there, man."

Zero fucks.
    Just saw some lady on the fam post how sees been seeing dave for 20 years and for the first time they could afford to get under the pavilion but it was the second to last row, so she felt entitled after so many years to be able to walk down and stand in the aisle in the 3rd row.

Those sob stories about not being able to afford it always make me laugh.. you couldnt pay an extra $30 on one ticket one time to be closer?

Quote:
    Old 06-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #99
    jrkarger

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Just saw some lady on the fam post how sees been seeing dave for 20 years and for the first time they could afford to get under the pavilion but it was the second to last row, so she felt entitled after so many years to be able to walk down and stand in the aisle in the 3rd row.

Those sob stories about not being able to afford it always make me laugh.. you couldnt pay an extra $30 on one ticket one time to be closer?
    Yeah it's unreal.

Normally, I'm not like that at a show; live and let live. But, we were in the center section on the aisle. My wife is short so she got the aisle seat and this jag walks down and stood right in front of her.
    Old 06-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #100
    mHeiser92

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

There was quite a bit of people lingering around in the aisle near my seat Nashville N1. I was second to last row of the pavilion on the outside aisle so it wasn't a big deal. But rather annoying still that I had people just standing around and walking up and down the aisle constantly through the show. The employee at the top of the section was very strict about checking tickets entering the reserved area, but never did a thing about people in the aisle
    Old 06-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #101
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

yeah I mean if someone is standing to the side in the aisle not bothering anyone im not gonna care. I get more irritated with people walking in and out of the aisle 10x during the show than anything like that. But I also would never just walk down front, youve gotta be a pretty big jerk to do that and stand in front of someone.

Quote:
    Old 06-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #102
    DC Greg

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Philly N2 - Made the mistake of giving a few high fives and being friendly to a drunk, middle aged, short little dude next to me in my section. Things started to get weird about 4 songs deep. Got a firm slap on the ass from this guy... decide to kind of just laugh the first one off and move on. I'm thinking "Maybe this guy is just like a career first base coach and he thinks my awesome dancing and sing alonging is me rounding the bag after hitting a home run." A few minutes later... another slap, and harder. Now I'm getting pissed. Before I can formulate a measured, adult like response to him and/or the people he's with that will address the situation, mother fucker brings another man hand to my man cheeks.

I turn to the dude and yell "You slap my fuckin ass one more time and I'm throwing you over the row in front of us." It was loud enough that his friends heard it and grabbed him. They kept him in timeout for the rest of the show fortunately.
    DC Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #103
    excitingjae

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrkarger View Post
    I think I saw the same chick N2. She was dancing barefoot on the catwalk from the top of the lawn to the balcony.

Then I saw someone vomiting into the garbage can.
    That dancing chick was right in front of me as I was first row in the Terrace. She eventually got some chick (wearing the throw blanket as a shall) and a dude to dance with her. I haven't seen dancing in the moat like that since Phish at Camden.

And oddly enough that chick throwing up in the trashcan was right behind me Night 2. Night 2 definitely was either "party hard" or "amateur hour" as not only did I see that trashcan puker but the EMTs taking out a guy on a wheelchair who was passed out and I saw some chick passed out on the back lawn.
    Old 06-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #104
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by excitingjae View Post
    That dancing chick was right in front of me as I was first row in the Terrace. She eventually got some chick (wearing the throw blanket as a shall) and a dude to dance with her. I haven't seen dancing in the moat like that since Phish at Camden.

And oddly enough that chick throwing up in the trashcan was right behind me Night 2. Night 2 definitely was either "party hard" or "amateur hour" as not only did I see that trashcan puker but the EMTs taking out a guy on a wheelchair who was passed out and I saw some chick passed out on the back lawn.
    Yup, that's the chick!

My fiance and I were joking that when that couple got the dancing chick's number they were trying to set up a threesome after the show

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 06-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #105
    lovemesomedmb

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I saw that - and I had to respond. I don't care of you've been a fan for 20 years.. that does not entitle you to anything..so ridiculous. if someone wants to let you (someone who paid waaaay more than you, and actually has that seat) then fine. But you are not entitled to do so../rant over

2023 Shows: Highland, Irvine x2, Gorge x3, Charlottesville x2
    lovemesomedmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #106
    excitingjae

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yup, that's the chick!

My fiance and I were joking that when that couple got the dancing chick's number they were trying to set up a threesome after the show
    I didn't see that part but they must be into hairy chicks. Whatever works for them though.
    Old 06-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #107
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DC Greg View Post
    Philly N2 - Made the mistake of giving a few high fives and being friendly to a drunk, middle aged, short little dude next to me in my section. Things started to get weird about 4 songs deep. Got a firm slap on the ass from this guy... decide to kind of just laugh the first one off and move on. I'm thinking "Maybe this guy is just like a career first base coach and he thinks my awesome dancing and sing alonging is me rounding the bag after hitting a home run." A few minutes later... another slap, and harder. Now I'm getting pissed. Before I can formulate a measured, adult like response to him and/or the people he's with that will address the situation, mother fucker brings another man hand to my man cheeks.

I turn to the dude and yell "You slap my fuckin ass one more time and I'm throwing you over the row in front of us." It was loud enough that his friends heard it and grabbed him. They kept him in timeout for the rest of the show fortunately.
    This is an incredible story.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #108
    Myersteam

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I was at both of the shows in Nashville, on N2 there was a drunk behind me that would shout "Play the Maker" in various ways between every song!!! If you see the setlist, there were 25 of them. I even commented and he laughed about it and still did it, between every song, for 2 and a half hours.... It turned into a joke.
    Myersteam is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #109
    SyracuseFan
    American Baby Intro

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DC Greg View Post

SyracuseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #110
    #41Tom

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lovemesomedmb View Post
    I saw that - and I had to respond. I don't care if you've been a fan for 20 years.. that does not entitle you to anything..so ridiculous. if someone wants to let you (someone who paid waaaay more than you, and actually has that seat) then fine. But you are not entitled to do so../rant over
    Yup. That place is possibly worse than here for a sense of entitlement. They're also insane, there's always so many sob stories about missing out on shows (despite profile pictures of being on cruises or whatever), and everyone's immediately like, "Sending over good vibes" / "LoVE". Bloody Americans.

*ducks*

And the end of the world."
    #41Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #111
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by #41Tom View Post
    Yup. That place is possibly worse than here for a sense of entitlement. They're also insane, there's always so many sob stories about missing out on shows (despite profile pictures of being on cruises or whatever), and everyone's immediately like, "Sending over good vibes" / "LoVE". Bloody Americans.

*ducks*

That's an extremely accurate assessment of that group

Quote:
    Old 06-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #112
    DC Greg

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by #41Tom View Post

*ducks*

If you don't like it u can GIT OUT
    DC Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #113
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mHeiser92 View Post
    There was quite a bit of people lingering around in the aisle near my seat Nashville N1. I was second to last row of the pavilion on the outside aisle so it wasn't a big deal. But rather annoying still that I had people just standing around and walking up and down the aisle constantly through the show. The employee at the top of the section was very strict about checking tickets entering the reserved area, but never did a thing about people in the aisle

I was third row N1 in Nashville and people were just walking up and standing at the rail in front of the front row.

I pointed them out to an usher at one point and pointed to my wrist and he bounced them. After that, he kinda stood in the area and chased people off the rest of the show.

What on earth would make someone with an assigned seat feel entitled to just go stand at the front rail, I just can't comprehend.
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #114
    Lovelylady11

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

How do you join the dmb fam?!
    Lovelylady11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #115
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lovelylady11 View Post

It's a Facebook group. You just add yourself to it and an admin will approve it, unless they recognize you as an Ant of course.
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #116
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lovelylady11 View Post
    You really don't want to unless you're in it for the cringe.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #117
    scrock25

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Happened at the end of each of the three D&T shows I've seen there.

They're nazis about showing your ticket to get into your seat while the show is going on, but during the encore it's a free for all. Don't let anybody make you think they allow it at any time other than like the last couple songs.

It's funny this came up because before the show started last night I was in and out of my seat to piss/grab beer and these people literally step in front of you before they let you into the shell. At one point I asked the usher, "Do I have to show you my ticket every time I come back in here?". His response was, "Every time. There are a lot of people up there (the lawn) who want to sit in your seat.".

So yeah, again, don't think for a second that they were lax for anything but the last song or two. So last night, Grey Street and Ants.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #118
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

... I mean at that point of the show if you're taking issue with that then I'm not sure what to tell you.
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:52 PM   #119
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Nah, still no good. Your seat is 304 B. There's no asterisk that says 304 B* *Until the last two songs.
    Old 06-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #120
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

To each their own I guess, I never saw a problem with it. I've been leaving after E1 anyways the past few shows I've been to anyways.