**The Official Hopeless Romantics Thread** - Page 101 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > Chat Threads

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #3001
il bacio dolce
yo no se manana

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Hopeless Romantics Thread**

This is in the hopeless romantics thread.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #3002
    il bacio dolce
    yo no se manana

My Tour Central Stats

Hey guys. Remind me when I get home later on I'm going to upload something via yousendit and link it in here.
    Old 08-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #3003
    davehead34
    Too high on love

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Well, I'm at work trying to kill the last few minutes. This weekend was crazy. It's always fun to meet fellow Ants. It's nice to put a face to a SN.
    HR, baby
    davehead34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #3004
    Jessica41
    Always

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gbs3769
    I hate how things just won't work out between me and certain people because of where we are at in our lives.

- Matt
    ugh, me too.
    Old 08-29-2005, 08:15 PM   #3005
    il bacio dolce
    yo no se manana

My Tour Central Stats

I know how it's possible to hate someone you liked and could have loved.

Last edited by il bacio dolce; 08-29-2005 at 08:17 PM.
    il bacio dolce is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #3006
    il bacio dolce
    yo no se manana

My Tour Central Stats

This is awesome.
    http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...92O7TGP8ADZTKN
    Old 08-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #3007
    LoveDreamer
    all you need is love

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Do you ever just have that feeling when you meet someone, that you know them...I don't mean "hey, you look familiar." I mean, you know them, you have known them...at some point you were connected in some way. Your souls just know each other...It's like they have spent their time looking for each other...to be together again...

The universe is made up of energy (in a way Moby's right, we are all made of stars). And as life ends, a star dies, a tree is toppled, that energy returns to the cycle and is reabsorbed into the fold (reincarnation?), the same energy is always in existence. It is just recycled, reused to be born again in whatever manifestaion is needed. But it is always looking for it's missing pieces trying to reconnect with the energy it knows, a familiar current...like electricity attracts...

My belief is that you meet the people you meet because you are supposed too. And if you are open enough to letting them in and seeing who they are, you will find what you need from them...and one day if you are both looking, and open...you will find the people, or rather the souls, the energy that has been with you since the beginning of time.

Call it reincarnation, call it energy, call it what you want...but it just feels right, comfortable...like home. Have you found it yet?

Sorry to be all deep and...Fuck I'm a mess right now...I need help...I'm lost...and yet so close to the answer...

Last edited by LoveDreamer; 08-29-2005 at 09:00 PM.
    LoveDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #3008
    whiteysax
    washOUTthisTIREDnotion

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveDreamer
    Do you ever just have that feeling when you meet someone, that you know them...I don't mean "hey, you look familiar." I mean, you know them, you have known them...at some point you were connected in some way. Your souls just know each other...It's like they have spent their time looking for each other...to be together again...

The universe is made up of energy (in a way Moby's right, we are all made of stars). And as life ends, a star dies, a tree is toppled, that energy returns to the cycle and is reabsorbed into the fold (reincarnation?), the same energy is always in existence. It is just recycled, reused to be born again in whatever manifestaion is needed. But it is always looking for it's missing pieces trying to reconnect with the energy it knows, a familiar current...like electricity attracts...

My belief is that you meet the people you meet because you are supposed too. And if you are open enough to letting them in and seeing who they are, you will find what you need from them...and one day if you are both looking, and open...you will find the people, or rather the souls, the energy that has been with you since the beginning of time.

Call it reincarnation, call it energy, call it what you want...but it just feels right, comfortable...like home. Have you found it yet?

Sorry to be all deep and...Fuck I'm a mess right now...I need help...I'm lost...and yet so close to the answer...
    That's deep... sweet assessment. I have my philosophical moments as well. Makes me long for a "magnetic soul." It's been a while since I've felt anything for anyone besides a physical attraction, which happens with a lot of people, cause lots of women are very beautiful
    Old 08-29-2005, 10:18 PM   #3009
    saintjohnsriver

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

[size=1]You call me up and I'll say a few words
    But I'll try not to speak too long
    Please to be kind and I'll try to explain
    I'll probably get it all wrong
    What does it mean when you promise someone
    That no matter how hard or whatever may come

It means that I won't give in, won't give in, won't give in
    'Cause everyone I love is here
    Say it once, just say it, and disappear

Once in a while I return to the fold
    With people I call my own
    Even if time is just a flicker of light
    And we all have to die alone
    What does it mean when you belong to someone
    When you're born with a name, when you carry it on

All at once, and I'll show you how to get here

A chance is made,
    a chance is lost,
    I carry myself
    to the edge of the earth

Say it once, just say it, and disappear[/size]
    saintjohnsriver is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2005, 03:11 AM   #3010
    Susie41

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saintjohnsriver
    [size=1]You call me up and I'll say a few words
    But I'll try not to speak too long
    Please to be kind and I'll try to explain
    I'll probably get it all wrong
    What does it mean when you promise someone
    That no matter how hard or whatever may come

Say it once, just say it, and disappear

Once in a while I return to the fold
    With people I call my own
    Even if time is just a flicker of light
    And we all have to die alone
    What does it mean when you belong to someone
    When you're born with a name, when you carry it on

All at once, and I'll show you how to get here

A chance is made,
    a chance is lost,
    I carry myself
    to the edge of the earth

Say it once, just say it, and disappear[/size]
    loved reading this - and in this place (thread) - i've said i won't give in, won't give up, but it became an addiction, obsessive, hopeless, one-sided, what is in our nature to only love the cold - and do we need to become the cold to survive
    Old 08-30-2005, 08:21 AM   #3011
    gbs3769
    Legen... ...dary!

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Of course. There are those people that you meet once and you can sit down with and talk for hours about everything under the sun. It really amazes me when it happens and I always walk away from the conversation with a smile.

- Matt
    Old 08-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #3012
    Jessica41
    Always

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I know a couple people like that.
    Old 08-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #3013
    41ravens
    Now We Go

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

What's up HR's. Been a while since I posted in here. Hope everyone is doing well. I figured I'd share my story with the people who would probably appreciate it the most. I met the most amazing girl on Friday night. I was at a bar with my friends and I met her and her friend. I started talking to her friend but then when she left I started talking to her. We hit it off immediately. It was unbelievable how much alike we were and how much we had in common. I ended up staying with her that night. I felt so comfortable with this girl. I talked to her again on Sunday and we're going to go out tomorrow night. I don't know if any of you remember any of my posts in here, but things are looking a lot better now. For everyone still looking, take my word for it, there are people out there who don't suck and can appreciate what you have to offer. Haha, I sound like a motivational speaker. Oh well. I'll keep you guys updated on my new situation. Hopefully this develops into something.

Thank you. Thank you for your honesty.
    Now fuck off and die, you fucked up slag.
    41ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #3014
    taphntm
    If you're happy, I'm...

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It can happen...I believe it...I've experienced it.

There are different types of love. Don't think of it necessarily as loving someone more than your family...(though you will). Loving the person you will spend the rest of your life with, your soulmate, That love is...well it is different. How else do you explain it? You will share something with that person that you will share with no other...Unlike anything else.

I wish i was in a poetic mood to try to explain it...lol. Just listen to all your favourite songs on the subject...don't just hear them, i mean really listen to what they are saying...feel them...you will see...

Your love for your family is different from the love you have for your friends, just as that love will be different than the love you might have for humanity, the planet, life. But the bond you will share with your one will be...wondrous... you will feel complete, they will be ying to your yang, you will balance each other, and yet be inside each other as well, a part of one another... and likewise when the time comes for your own family to begin, the love you have for your own children will be (I imagine) unlike anything else before, they will be a part of you, your creation, your gift to the world...and again your love for your other half will grow into something new, because they gave that precious gift of life to you.

Ya, it might not make much sense here but trust me it does in my head. lol

_ Christopher
    thanks man, I pray to God that I would meet someone like that. For some reason I really don't feel like putting the effort into the regular college student, but I want to change that somehow instead of being so anti-social.
    Someone has to answer my question. What's the difference between being social and being anti-social? I personally think it has to do with motivation, but where does that motivation come from?
    taphntm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #3015
    taphntm
    If you're happy, I'm...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 41ravens
    What's up HR's. Been a while since I posted in here. Hope everyone is doing well. I figured I'd share my story with the people who would probably appreciate it the most. I met the most amazing girl on Friday night. I was at a bar with my friends and I met her and her friend. I started talking to her friend but then when she left I started talking to her. We hit it off immediately. It was unbelievable how much alike we were and how much we had in common. I ended up staying with her that night. I felt so comfortable with this girl. I talked to her again on Sunday and we're going to go out tomorrow night. I don't know if any of you remember any of my posts in here, but things are looking a lot better now. For everyone still looking, take my word for it, there are people out there who don't suck and can appreciate what you have to offer. Haha, I sound like a motivational speaker. Oh well. I'll keep you guys updated on my new situation. Hopefully this develops into something.
    That's great. Every time I meet a girl I feel confident again like that. Makes me sound like a motivational speaker, but as for the times in between I feel so helpless. seriously
    Old 08-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #3016
    gbs3769
    Legen... ...dary!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by taphntm
    What's the difference between being social and being anti-social? I personally think it has to do with motivation, but where does that motivation come from?
    I'm not sure where the motivation comes from really. I just happen to love knowing a lot of people and expanding my social network. So I will be as social as possible simply because I am interested in meeting people. I know that doesn't really help, but that's just the way I am. I take great pride in the people that I know and the things that these people are doing so I guess that is what motivates me.

- Matt
    Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #3017
    taphntm
    If you're happy, I'm...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not sure where the motivation comes from really. I just happen to love knowing a lot of people and expanding my social network. So I will be as social as possible simply because I am interested in meeting people. I know that doesn't really help, but that's just the way I am. I take great pride in the people that I know and the things that these people are doing so I guess that is what motivates me.

- Matt
    actually I think that helps.
    Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #3018
    gbs3769
    Legen... ...dary!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's great. Every time I meet a girl I feel confident again like that. Makes me sound like a motivational speaker, but as for the times in between I feel so helpless. seriously
    I don't necessarily feel helpless in the times between relationships or in between meeting people but I get rather annoyed and I tend to get impatient. Like right now I'm getting annoyed because I'm really liking the girl I met on Friday. It's too bad she goes to school seven and a half hours away, is the younger sister of one of my friends, and I think left for home which is four hours away this afternoon.

- Matt
    Old 08-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #3019
    gbs3769
    Legen... ...dary!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    actually I think that helps.
    Glad to hear it.

- Matt
    Old 08-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #3020
    whiteysax
    washOUTthisTIREDnotion

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't necessarily feel helpless in the times between relationships or in between meeting people but I get rather annoyed and I tend to get impatient. Like right now I'm getting annoyed because I'm really liking the girl I met on Friday. It's too bad she goes to school seven and a half hours away, is the younger sister of one of my friends, and I think left for home which is four hours away this afternoon.

- Matt
    I hear ya... there's a big difference between "hopeless" and "hopeless romantic"... I'm right around that "annoyed" point too, though. But it's probably all for the best as I can't really afford a relationship right now. But it's been almost a year since I've even been around a girl I felt drawn toward. It's frustrating not even having anything on the horizon.
    Old 08-30-2005, 10:05 AM   #3021
    taphntm
    If you're happy, I'm...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whiteysax
    I hear ya... there's a big difference between "hopeless" and "hopeless romantic"... I'm right around that "annoyed" point too, though. But it's probably all for the best as I can't really afford a relationship right now. But it's been almost a year since I've even been around a girl I felt drawn toward. It's frustrating not even having anything on the horizon.
    oh no I'm hopeless haha
    Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM   #3022
    whiteysax
    washOUTthisTIREDnotion

My Tour Central Stats

lol... well... hmmm... not sure i have a response for that... lol
    Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #3023
    davehead34
    Too high on love

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    oh no I'm hopeless haha
    I think we're in the same boat.
    HR, baby
    Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #3024
    gbs3769
    Legen... ...dary!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davehead34
    I think we're in the same boat.
    That's not the stories that I have been hearing...

- Matt
    Old 08-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #3025
    davehead34
    Too high on love

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's not the stories that I have been hearing...

- Matt
    I'm trying to be modest.

How's the Love Husting business treating you these days, my friend?
    HR, baby
    Old 08-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #3026
    gbs3769
    Legen... ...dary!

My Tour Central Stats

Well lets see. Cock-blocked Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. And of course the girl that I was working on probably left already and she lives seven and a half hours away.

She's my friend's girlfriend's little sister. And by little, I mean 21. So that sucked. I think the quote from his girlfriend was, "I don't want his cock anywhere near my sister's face."

Apparently I am loved.

- Matt
    Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #3027
    davehead34
    Too high on love

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well lets see. Cock-blocked Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. And of course the girl that I was working on probably left already and she lives seven and a half hours away.

She's my friend's girlfriend's little sister. And by little, I mean 21. So that sucked. I think the quote from his girlfriend was, "I don't want his cock anywhere near my sister's face."

Apparently I am loved.

- Matt
    Jesus. That's pretty harsh. Sorry to hear that. Fuck them. When all else fails, you can always get a pint at the Limerick.
    HR, baby
    Old 08-30-2005, 12:35 PM   #3028
    jbcii55
    Don't ever lie!

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

I love Dana
    jbcii55 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2005, 12:36 PM   #3029
    jbcii55
    Don't ever lie!

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

did I just post in this ridiculous thread????
    jbcii55 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #3030
    il bacio dolce
    yo no se manana

My Tour Central Stats

Piss off!