2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update) - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update)

Updated: 25 August 2022
- Announcement rumor added
- Rumor about Cville added
- MSG ending the tour rumor

DMB 2022 Tour Rumors
All rumors are compiled into this list. List will be updated and reposted in thread as new rumors are mentioned. If a rumor seems "unlikely", it still remains in the list until it is debunked by a scheduling conflict or the announcement of the official dates which confirms all rumors. If you click the user name link next to "Source", it will take you to the original post in which that user shared the rumor/information.

2022 Tour Rumors

2022 Broad/Vague Rumors/No Date Specified
- "Expect Winter/Late 2022 Dates" (Via Anonymous Source)
- "Expect D&T dates later in the tour" (Via Anonymous Source)
- "Confirmed Fall Tour" (Via BruceW)
- MSG included in fall tour (Via BruceW)
- Mohegan possible for "winter" tour (Via madpiker)
- Buffalo included in fall tour (Via tylereberle41)
- TD Garden in Boston on Fall Tour (Via madpiker)
- Cville possible for fall tour (Via Cscottrun)
- "Tour dates to be announced mid September" (Via scottpg99)
- "Dates coming within 2 weeks" (Via the_greatdivide)
- "Cville "likely not" on schedule" (Via the_greatdivide)
- "Ending at MSG (could see those early December dates someone pointed out being true)" (Via the_greatdivide)

November 2022
November (Date Not Specified) - Omaha (Via scottpg99)
November (Date Not Specified) x2 - Minnesota (Via Bryanm236)
Around November 14th - Chicago (Via cuffit)
November 16th - Boston (Via davetripping02)
November 17th - Connecticut (Via davetripping02 and madpiker)

2022 Announcement/On-sale Rumors
N/A

2022 Confirmed Rumors
N/A

2022 Debunked/Removed Dates
N/A

2022 Retracted Rumors
N/A

NOTE: When booking hotels due to dates on the rumors list, make sure to book refundable rooms. Any dates given on this list are not a guarantee and it should be treated as such. They are simply rumors. While there is nothing wrong with planning ahead, booking refundable rooms ensures you don't lose money if a rumored date doesn't pan out.

ATTRIBUTION/SOURCING: We put in a lot of hard work every year to put this list together, so if you pass these dates off elsewhere, please share this thread or at least give credit to AM.org.

Last edited by jenhen27; 08-26-2022 at 08:22 AM.
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update)

Thinking tour dates will be released earlier than normal

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 12-05-2021 at 11:07 PM.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 03:52 AM   #3
    Beauford3641

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations

I'd love a Providence show if they're doing indoor spring shows, simply because I live like 20 minutes from there. But we'll see what happens.
    Beauford3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 05:27 AM   #4
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I bet they hit the road in/around April and go for another long tour
    Old 11-15-2021, 06:37 AM   #5
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Don't need chadizzy to start the thread to compile everything into one post?

I also agree they start a little earlier in 2022, just because of these reasons:
    1. Fingers crossed, we seem to be emerging out of COVID-19 for real now. The winter 2021 run wasn't fleshed out like it could have been due to COVID.
    2. With an album release coming, they'll need all year to get to places they like to tour on album release years: South America, Europe, etc.

We should see a few more festivals than usual next year and with everything going on, I'd also pick an April start like dontdrink36 said. I'd love a short spring run, full summer tour, and a real winter tour along with the international stuff sprinkled in between it all. They proved in 2019 they can handle the workload.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 06:41 AM   #6
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I think they will avoid overseas for one more year. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you test positive while over there you have to stay for a while before coming back, correct? I ask because I think that is a thing but as someone who does not travel internationally idk. If that is the case it would be a huge blow to the tour if a "breakthrough" case happened over there
    Old 11-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #7
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

The first, non rescheduled covid show for Lakeview Amp in Syracuse got announced today with an on sale date of 12/3.
    I don’t think we will see DMB announce any earlier than normal but I think we will see rumors sooner as management isn’t stupid and knows more and more tours will want to lock in dates this summer so they need to be on it for sure.
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 07:18 AM   #8
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I’d love for Seattle to get a show at the new arena. They could easily play a show there as part of a Spring Tour then still do Gorge over Labor Day.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #9
    onesweetworld41

Shows Seen: 65

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Total speculation but could imagine a series of 3-4 week touring blocks with some rest in between each block for the guys. Could still see 60+ gigs but over 5-6 blocks of shows and no "memorial day to end of July straight run"
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:16 PM   #10
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

Shows Seen: 213

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

I have two main expectations for next year's tour:

1. No international dates with the exception of Canada. There's still too much uncertainty not only in terms of how much COVID is still out there, but also in how things would have to be handled in the event that someone comes up positive while they're over there. With Canada, there's at least some consistency with the US now that the borders are opened, and with them not being able to go through with the Canada dates this year, unfinished business. It also goes hand-in-hand with:

2. All venues will be Live Nation-controlled. This ensures consistency in terms of COVID protocols, which will be in place for at least another year. They definitely don't want a repeat of the Oklahoma fiasco. It also makes things easier to manage in the event that dates have to be postponed or re-scheduled.

I also would not be surprised to see Texas and Florida bypassed if COVID protocols cannot be enforced there. The folks in Florida were lucky this year that they were early on the tour schedule before COVID protocols proved to be necessary; if they had been later in the tour, the shows likely would've gotten cancelled much like the Oklahoma ones did.
    scallops25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #11
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

My Tour Central Stats

The other big thing that I would not be surprised to see happen next year is the end of physical tickets from the WH. This does not mean that there would not be a lottery; just that instead of physical tickets, everyone would get links to download digital tickets into their Ticketmaster accounts and then if people need to re-sell, things could be handled through the TM ecosphere. There's always been some level of linkage between the WH and TM/LN, and with TM/LN going all in on digital tickets in our new normal, it's easy to see how the WH would follow suit.
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:26 PM   #12
    Keener

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scallops25 View Post
    I have two main expectations for next year's tour:

1. No international dates with the exception of Canada. There's still too much uncertainty not only in terms of how much COVID is still out there, but also in how things would have to be handled in the event that someone comes up positive while they're over there. With Canada, there's at least some consistency with the US now that the borders are opened, and with them not being able to go through with the Canada dates this year, unfinished business. It also goes hand-in-hand with:
    The only official dates at the moment are international (Mexico).
    Keener is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:30 PM   #13
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The other big thing that I would not be surprised to see happen next year is the end of physical tickets from the WH. This does not mean that there would not be a lottery; just that instead of physical tickets, everyone would get links to download digital tickets into their Ticketmaster accounts and then if people need to re-sell, things could be handled through the TM ecosphere. There's always been some level of linkage between the WH and TM/LN, and with TM/LN going all in on digital tickets in our new normal, it's easy to see how the WH would follow suit.
    pearl jam did this for their ill fated spring 2020 tour and despite PJ having just as many complainers in their fanbase as DMB (if not more!), it was...pretty smooth actually
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:30 PM   #14
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

(of course, that was just for the ticket lottery phase, and some of the post-lottery/pre-show phase....they didn't get a chance to actually have any shows under that regime)
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #15
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    Fingers crossed, we seem to be emerging out of COVID-19 for real now. The winter 2021 run wasn't fleshed out like it could have been due to COVID.
    Don't agree with this at all. I think we have at least another year of COVID-related restrictions and protocols to look forward to.
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #16
    too69short

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I can live with digital, don't love it... however let me get a printed copy, even if its an ugly TM stub. I'm willing to pay some extra money (its a heck of a lot cheaper then fighting for these posters lately with their immediate 400%+ mark-up).
    too69short is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #17
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keener View Post
    The only official dates at the moment are international (Mexico).
    That's a Dave & Tim weekend where everyone is staying in resorts on-site. It's much less complicated to manage from a COVID standpoint than, for example, a full-band Europe tour would be.
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #18
    blaise34

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Have I put my last physical ticket into my ticket album?
    Kind of sad. I could see a "souvenir" stub being a 10 dollar add on, maybe
    blaise34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #19
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by too69short View Post
    I can live with digital, don't love it... however let me get a printed copy, even if its an ugly TM stub. I'm willing to pay some extra money (its a heck of a lot cheaper then fighting for these posters lately with their immediate 400%+ mark-up).
    If I'm right, don't be surprised if independent creators step up to fill the gap on printed stubs, post-gigs. With the amount of people that get fooled by scammers with fake tickets every year, it's not like they're difficult to make.
    Old 11-15-2021, 12:54 PM   #20
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yep, you can take the barcode number off a Warehouse ticket and key it into the Ticketmaster Sell Your Tickets "from-any-vendor", section/row/seat will pop up, and sell a Warehouse ticket on TM just like reselling a TM/LN ticket thru their verified resale system.
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #21
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Yep, you can take the barcode number off a Warehouse ticket and key it into the Ticketmaster Sell Your Tickets "from-any-vendor", section/row/seat will pop up, and sell a Warehouse ticket on TM just like reselling a TM/LN ticket thru their verified resale system.
    Interesting. So if you do this, do you have to ship the physical ticket or does ticketmaster generate a digital ticket and cancel the hard ticket?
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #22
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Interesting. So if you do this, do you have to ship the physical ticket or does ticketmaster generate a digital ticket and cancel the hard ticket?
    The latter. I've done it twice in the past to get something for low-quality seats that I likely would've eaten otherwise.

This is part of why it would be easy for the WH to transition to an all-digital lottery.
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:09 PM   #23
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The latter. I've done it twice in the past to get something for low-quality seats that I likely would've eaten otherwise.

This is part of why it would be easy for the WH to transition to an all-digital lottery.
    This is really interesting. If there's a way to do a private listing, once could theoretically sell the tickets through the ticketmaster system to a buyer from say, the warehouse boards. Ticketmaster would still get their cut, but if it's day of show and your across the country due to a late cancellation, that would potentially be one way around being unable to get the tix into the hands of the buyer b/c shipping is out of the question. Do you know if a private listing like that is possible?
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:15 PM   #24
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    This is really interesting. If there's a way to do a private listing, once could theoretically sell the tickets through the ticketmaster system to a buyer from say, the warehouse boards. Ticketmaster would still get their cut, but if it's day of show and your across the country due to a late cancellation, that would potentially be one way around being unable to get the tix into the hands of the buyer b/c shipping is out of the question. Do you know if a private listing like that is possible?
    I don't think there's a way to do a private listing on TM for physical stubs. TM generally restricts you from pricing below face value (this is to prevent a seller from undercutting inventory that TM might have available for purchase directly), and the ability to do a private listing would allow sellers to bypass that restriction.

That said, if the WH does go to an all-digital ecosystem, things would likely open up since TM generally allows the direct transfer of digital tickets from one person to another without taking a cut.
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:17 PM   #25
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think there's a way to do a private listing on TM for physical stubs. TM generally restricts you from pricing below face value (this is to prevent a seller from undercutting inventory that TM might have available for purchase directly), and the ability to do a private listing would allow sellers to bypass that restriction.

That said, if the WH does go to an all-digital ecosystem, things would likely open up since TM generally allows the direct transfer of digital tickets from one person to another without taking a cut.
    Oh yea, definitely. I am a proponent of all digital tickets. But I am not all that big into collecting stubs. Would make things so much easier if the tickets were digital and delivered into the ticketmaster app (or a separate app) where they can be freely transferred using ticketmaster's (or a similar) system.
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #26
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    pearl jam did this for their ill fated spring 2020 tour and despite PJ having just as many complainers in their fanbase as DMB (if not more!), it was...pretty smooth actually
    yep smooth so far, looking forward to 2030 when I can finally use my Toronto ticket

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:25 PM   #27
    nerrfhearder

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

If Warehouse goes digital I would think the ticket limit would also be enforced across both Warehouse AND LiveNation/Ticketmaster so if you apply for tix on Warehouse get crappy uppers that's what you got cause you've already hit your limit. Can't go order from Ticketmaster/Livenation now if those are all tied together?
    nerrfhearder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #28
    nerrfhearder

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I highly doubt Warehouse would utilize a system separate from Ticketmaster/LiveNation - wayyy too much to worry about as far as logistics if they also stay with Ticketmaster/LiveNation - those systems would need to talk to each other seemlessly. Unless a system is already in the works from Ticketmaster/Livenation.

Personally if Warehouse were to go digital I feel like that's another loss for myself as a Warehouse member. First no more Warehouse Photos, then CDs, now no commemorative ticket?
    Kinda reducing their reasons to buy membership.
    nerrfhearder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #29
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    Have I put my last physical ticket into my ticket album?
    Kind of sad. I could see a "souvenir" stub being a 10 dollar add on, maybe
    Maybe your last WH, but I know you can take your "digital" ticket up to just about any venue box office and they will print you off a physical ticket. Again, not a WH-official ticket, but at least something to add to the collection.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #30
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Bought WH tickets for FRI MSG last TUE, they were overnighted to my via USPS EXPRESS (big mistake), didn't get them WED, didn't get them THUR even though USPS EXPRESS is supposed to deliver 365, flew to NYC on FRI without the tickets. Told the seller how to do it and to just sell them on TM, get my money back. He did it but tried to instantly buy them back to give to me, they were gone instantly (or maybe well after, if TM took over an hour to post them). About 3:30pm TM dropped a bunch of side stage tickets, got the best pair possible, front row aisle pair next to Buddy. And on the train ride from LGA to NYC on FRI I secured a N2 Pit with poster on the Warehouse boards...successful weekend.