chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2016 Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker507 View Post
Definitely not the best show and the debut of the ladies, but I'll take free housing at the grandparents and an in state show anytime. Trying to start a family and Dr bills means slim pickings on shows next year for me. :/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That's wild that your first show was the same as mine. Well, not really, we live in the same state
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #32
    aparker507

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I'm just ready for next year. I really hope they ditch the 2 sets thing or just do 2 electric sets. More work for the crew that's unnecessary, and the acoustic guitar and stand up bass are the only differences now. Carter is bashing away as usual, so why the extra work and all?

Old 11-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #33
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I'm hoping next year for the 25th anniversary it's something special.
    Old 11-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #34
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

special as in unique formats or special as in really solid and diverse sets every night?
    Old 11-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #35
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Special as in more variety. To celebrate 25 years as a band, one would hope that they celebrate the whole catalog and not the same stuff night in and out.
    Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #36
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

It would be cool if they really mixed stuff up next year and played every studio song at least a couple times throughout the tour.
    Old 11-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #37
    tallfire8
    But Dad Its Shark Week!

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

So traditionally I am not one to get in on the rumors thread. Usually because I don’t have any and I would hate to be wrong/lead people on. But I figured there are multiple parts to this rumor that at least are intriguing, and make sense to me, so people can take it for what it is worth.

A guy I used to work with mentioned to me that the Dicks Sporting Goods Open (Binghamton, NY) was looking to bring DMB in for their “big” Friday night concert. When I say big, I mean around 12K-15K people. I tried to search and get an accurate attendance number but I couldn’t. All I found was that the concert has sold out the last 3 years (2013 – Tim McGraw, 2014 – Zac Brown Band, 2015 – Lady Antebellum). He also mentioned that it was between DMB, Tom Petty and Kenny Chesney…but we will focus on DMB for this post.

So I immediately said no way because the golf tourney (concert) has always taken place late August and any experienced DMB fan knows that the band is usually out west or on their way out west at this time. He then said he was told the tourney is around the time that DMB plays SPAC which is why the venue was looking to bring them in. After a quick google search I was surprised to see that the golf tourney was bumped up to July 8th-10th, 2016 because of the Summer Olympics taking place in August 2016. So that would go in line with SPAC dates this past year if they chose to play in early July again.

It makes sense logistically if DMB does play SPAC the weekend before. Then they hit up this concert Friday the 8th and then head to Darien/Montage/Bethel/Hershey (all less than 3 hours away) for a 1 night Saturday stop. The things that concern me are the size and layout of the venue; it is a stage that is set up on the 18th hole of a golf course, isn’t a traditional amphitheater set up, 100% General Admission, It’s not a Live Nation venue, potential attendance numbers (I could be way off base with my estimates from previous years), the last 3 years have been country acts, and Binghamton, NY doesn’t do anything cool.

So the 2 main rumors from this would be SPAC potentially in early July and DMB playing the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Concert Friday, July 8th. Hopefully it happens because I loved SPAC July 4th weekend and DMB in my "backyard" would be amazing.

PS I hate the offseason
    Old 11-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #38
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tallfire8 View Post
    So traditionally I am not one to get in on the rumors thread. Usually because I don’t have any and I would hate to be wrong/lead people on. But I figured there are multiple parts to this rumor that at least are intriguing, and make sense to me, so people can take it for what it is worth.

A guy I used to work with mentioned to me that the Dicks Sporting Goods Open (Binghamton, NY) was looking to bring DMB in for their “big” Friday night concert. When I say big, I mean around 12K-15K people. I tried to search and get an accurate attendance number but I couldn’t. All I found was that the concert has sold out the last 3 years (2013 – Tim McGraw, 2014 – Zac Brown Band, 2015 – Lady Antebellum). He also mentioned that it was between DMB, Tom Petty and Kenny Chesney…but we will focus on DMB for this post.

So I immediately said no way because the golf tourney (concert) has always taken place late August and any experienced DMB fan knows that the band is usually out west or on their way out west at this time. He then said he was told the tourney is around the time that DMB plays SPAC which is why the venue was looking to bring them in. After a quick google search I was surprised to see that the golf tourney was bumped up to July 8th-10th, 2016 because of the Summer Olympics taking place in August 2016. So that would go in line with SPAC dates this past year if they chose to play in early July again.

It makes sense logistically if DMB does play SPAC the weekend before. Then they hit up this concert Friday the 8th and then head to Darien/Montage/Bethel/Hershey (all less than 3 hours away) for a 1 night Saturday stop. The things that concern me are the size and layout of the venue; it is a stage that is set up on the 18th hole of a golf course, isn’t a traditional amphitheater set up, 100% General Admission, It’s not a Live Nation venue, potential attendance numbers (I could be way off base with my estimates from previous years), the last 3 years have been country acts, and Binghamton, NY doesn’t do anything cool.

So the 2 main rumors from this would be SPAC potentially in early July and DMB playing the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Concert Friday, July 8th. Hopefully it happens because I loved SPAC July 4th weekend and DMB in my "backyard" would be amazing.

PS I hate the offseason

A legit rumor, I like it. I love this thread!
    Old 11-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #39
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Getting married in May next year and the past few years the only dates within drive distance (or at least what I'm willing to do for the band in its current state) are in May so I probably won't be hitting a show next year.

The New Orleans date would be cool. I'd love to see them in NOLA outside of a festival/event and just their own marquee show. Probably be a bland set since they haven't had a real date there in a while though. :/
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #40
    gryspn41
    The Ozarks are home....

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Hoping for 2 nighter in Rogers next year Chad! Definitely a sell out both nights.
    Old 11-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #41
    aparker507

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

My source at the AMP says no word yet on booking. They know how much demand there is though and was the best show they've had.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #42
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Updated: 2 November 2015

DMB 2016 Tour Rumors
    All rumors are compiled into this list. List will be updated and reposted in thread as new rumors are mentioned. If a rumor seems "unlikely", it still remains in the list until it is debunked by a scheduling conflict or the announcement of the official dates which confirms all rumors. If you click the user name link next to "Source", it will take you to the original post in which that user shared the rumor/information.

Early 2016/Spring Tour Rumors

2016 Summer Tour Rumors

No Date Specified/Misc Summer 2016
    (DMB) - Summer - Alpine Valley (East Troy, WI) (Source: bustedstuff88) / Also rumored for 3 nights in 2016
    (DMB) - Summer - Arkansas AMP (Rogers, AR) (Source: chadizzy1)
    (DMB) - Summer - Onondaga Lake Amphitheater (Syracuse, NY) (Source: Vorony)

May 2016
    (DMB) - Mid-May - Zephyr Field (New Orleans, LA) (Source: gopherguy41)

June 2016

July 2016
    (DMB) - Early July - Saratoga Performing Arts Center (Saratoga Springs, NY) (Source: tallfire8)
    (DMB) - July 8th - Dick’s Sporting Goods Open Concert (Binghamton, NY) (Source: tallfire8)

August 2016

September 2016
    (DMB) - September - Gorge Amphitheater (Quincy, WA) (Source: flames_theman/common sense)

2016 Confirmed/Official Dates

2016 Debunked Rumors
    Old 11-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #43
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Glad to see this thread.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #44
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    They were the best selling act at Alpine as well. People love to talk about declining ticket sales for DMB, but fail to recognize that basically every bands ticket sales are down.

I still have trouble believing the 3 day alpine rumor though.
    Best selling act =/= 3 nights being profitable.
    MtSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #45
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tallfire8 View Post

PS I hate the offseason
    Interesting but I doubt it'd or reasons I dont feel like getting into right now
    If it happens I am there though
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #46
    TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MtSkier View Post
    Best selling act =/= 3 nights being profitable.

I agree - I don't buy 3 nights unless it's some sort of Caravan type show.

I was responding to the part of them barely selling well for 2 nights. May not have been huge to normal DMB standards, but it was Alpines biggest weekend of the year so I'm sure they want them back (for 2 nights).
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #47
    sjsharkteeth
    Daddy's Home

Shows Seen: 78

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    thats been for over 18 months
    They wanted them to be an opening act for 15 actually.
    What they need to do first is finalize a promoter before its to late to book good acts until 17 and if it's not live nation then that's a stroke against their already questionable rep.
    Here are a couple news stories where it's clear they are after DMB

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._you_prob.html
    http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...ake_amphi.html

And by "they" I mean Joanie Mahoney
    Live Nation is indeed going to be the promoter for this venue. It was on Syracuse.com a few weeks ago. Would be great to have dmb in cuse. Huge fan base there. Difficult to see a live cover band in cuse who doesn't do at least one dmb song during a set.

2023: Queens, Camden x2
    sjsharkteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #48
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

With it being an anniversary tour, do y'all think they hit up Cville during the summer? When did they last do that?
    Old 11-03-2015, 10:07 AM   #49
    wrhslax1996
    "Hypocritical Elitist"

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

All I want is a show at JPJ in Charlottesville. Seen them there a few times and they have been amazing. Absolutely amazing.
    wrhslax1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #50
    wrhslax1996
    "Hypocritical Elitist"

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

They haven't played there since I think December of 2012
    wrhslax1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #51
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

I was asking more about the summer specifically. If they do a fall/winter tour then Cville is very likely. I was wondering/hoping they go there this summer.
    Old 11-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #52
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Last cville summer was what 01/02? Maybe? That free show because they canceled a night of a two night stand or something? Idk can be very wrong
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #53
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjsharkteeth View Post
    Live Nation is indeed going to be the promoter for this venue. It was on Syracuse.com a few weeks ago. Would be great to have dmb in cuse. Huge fan base there. Difficult to see a live cover band in cuse who doesn't do at least one dmb song during a set.
    Good, I must have missed that
    Really glad it's not that crappy one they have doing the oncenter from philly

True about the cover bands too
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #54
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I really wanna see DMB in CVille before they hang it up.
    Old 11-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #55
    MikeZimm

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Caught them there during their last winter tour. Would definitely like to see them there again.
    Old 11-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #56
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

went to cville in 10 and 12, LoVE that place
    Old 11-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #57
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Went in 10 and 12 also. Beautiful town, especially in the fall. Will undoubtedly go again next time theyre there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #58
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

My Tour Central Stats

didn't we get confirmation that the band sometimes book venues for 3 nights for two night stands so they are able to load in and set up the night before in some instances?

i know i have read that quite a few times. i know sometimes the bands books the opening tour show venue for 2 or 3 nights for obvious reasons (soundcheck, rig tests, etc.) even if it is only a 1 night show.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #59
    laverwater

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ramiro24 View Post
    didn't we get confirmation that the band sometimes book venues for 3 nights for two night stands so they are able to load in and set up the night before in some instances?

i know i have read that quite a few times. i know sometimes the bands books the opening tour show venue for 2 or 3 nights for obvious reasons (soundcheck, rig tests, etc.) even if it is only a 1 night show.
    Makes sense. I think I've heard soundchecks occur at the Gorge on Thursday. I could definitely see them doing that if the venue is tough to set up (Red Rocks for sure), or if the venue is a high capacity/big show (Alpine).

The second part is also true. To mention the band everyone over here loves so much over here, Phish, I know there were concerts scheduled to occur before their tour opener at Les Schwab in Bend, so the band/crew set up and rehearsed for several days at the Rose Garden in Portland (where the Blazers play). Strange that they rehearsed and set up lighting at an arena for a mostly outdoor summer tour.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #60
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post

Cville/UVA is a great time. Seeing the band in their hometown is just icing on the cake. Always adds some electricity to the air, but nothing in the future at cville will top the 2010 shows, unless their last shows end up being there. Would go back again, though, for the people and the nostalgia. Not to mention Bodo's!
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote