*** Official Nashville D&T 2017 *** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #121
OneLove41
Monkey See Monkey Do

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Nashville D&T 2017 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
DMB wouldn't play a full band show at a 6,800-seat amphitheater.
couldn't find the 2016 stats, but was there that many people at the little rock show? I was there, the whole top section was closed off. Mumford and sons had a packed house two weeks prior. My point is, numbers are declining and also, they could easily pull a two nighter in a place like Nashville. Centrally located for a lot of people
"I would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me I wouldn't want to hear it. I'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame, and then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame."
OneLove41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #122
    Carter's Stick

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Man I would love to see DMB in Nashville. It's been a dream of mine since I've been a fan. They could easily play at Vandy's stadium again, I think Ascend is too small for them but if they can manage it I would undoubtedly go. It's a great amphitheater.
    Carter's Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #123
    specialkd24

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneLove41 View Post
    couldn't find the 2016 stats, but was there that many people at the little rock show? I was there, the whole top section was closed off. Mumford and sons had a packed house two weeks prior. My point is, numbers are declining and also, they could easily pull a two nighter in a place like Nashville. Centrally located for a lot of people
    I think DMB could sell out 3 nights at Ascend. I just think management is greedy and wouldn't do it. That is why they haven't played a show here in 8 years (I know Ascend is only 3 years old).

I use to live in Colorado and always wanted Red Rocks, but was only lucky that one year. They could sell 28,000 seats for 3 nights, or go somewhere else and get 45,000 for those 3 nights.
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #124
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think DMB could sell out 3 nights at Ascend. I just think management is greedy and wouldn't do it. That is why they haven't played a show here in 8 years (I know Ascend is only 3 years old).

I use to live in Colorado and always wanted Red Rocks, but was only lucky that one year. They could sell 28,000 seats for 3 nights, or go somewhere else and get 45,000 for those 3 nights.
    again, I don't really know the stats, so will not act like I know what I'm talking about. However, I think its been clear that attendance has been down in a majority of locations/venues. Bridgestone could hold them easily, I still believe there is a good amount of interest in a band like DMB in city like Nashville. I know DMB translates to summertime and amphitheathres to most of us, but if thats what it takes to get them back around my neck of the woods, I'm in
    "I would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me I wouldn't want to hear it. I'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame, and then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame."
    Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #125
    specialkd24

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    again, I don't really know the stats, so will not act like I know what I'm talking about. However, I think its been clear that attendance has been down in a majority of locations/venues. Bridgestone could hold them easily, I still believe there is a good amount of interest in a band like DMB in city like Nashville. I know DMB translates to summertime and amphitheathres to most of us, but if thats what it takes to get them back around my neck of the woods, I'm in
    Me too. They played Louisville during the Winter Tour a few years ago. I wish they would have played Bridgestone.
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #126
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    The very distant future. They can still play much bigger sheds.
    Quote:
    DMB wouldn't play a full band show at a 6,800-seat amphitheater.
    While I agree with these posts, isn't the Greek Theatre in Berkeley only 8,000ish capacity? But at the Greek all the tickets were GA and were $85 like reserved seats / pit at other venues.
    Old 01-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #127
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Our venue in LR has a total capacity of 18,000. Not sure what it is with the top closed off, though. But it definitely wasn't full there.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #128
    mHeiser92

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I usually always get pairs to shows, either finding someone to tag along before the show or selling the extras and riding solo if I have to. Really considering just requesting singles both nights and not worrying about it.

I'm sure I can find enough trouble to get into in Nashville all on my own...
    Old 01-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #129
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mHeiser92 View Post
    I usually always get pairs to shows, either finding someone to tag along before the show or selling the extras and riding solo if I have to. Really considering just requesting singles both nights and not worrying about it.

Requesting doubles for both as well. Iknow it won't happen and will end up buying 2 tickets for both shows regardless. Let me know what ya get, we can work somethin out possibly
    Old 01-17-2017, 09:53 PM   #130
    mHeiser92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Requesting doubles for both as well. Iknow it won't happen and will end up buying 2 tickets for both shows regardless. Let me know what ya get, we can work somethin out possibly
    You're requesting pairs for both nights but going solo? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post
    Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 AM   #131
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

dMb is nowhere near the draw that they once were. I don't see why they could not do a full band show at something this size.
    Old 01-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #132
    wxdudes

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

It would three in a row, but wonder if they play Friday night, May 5, in Memphis, at Beale Street Music Festival. Doubtful.
    Old 01-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #133
    DeuceStep

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I am wondering if they will add a night at The Ryman. Hopeful, but doubtful.
    DeuceStep is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 07:36 AM   #134
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeuceStep View Post
    I am wondering if they will add a night at The Ryman. Hopeful, but doubtful.
    That is where they should have booked in the first place
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #135
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wxdudes View Post
    It would three in a row, but wonder if they play Friday night, May 5, in Memphis, at Beale Street Music Festival. Doubtful.
    That's a good point. I wonder if that's going to happen now. Nashville is only 3 hours away from Memphis. I can see it.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #136
    DeuceStep

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    That is where they should have booked in the first place
    I couldn't agree more. I've wanted to go to Nashville for a while and to see a show at that legendary place is on my bucket list.

Grateful to be going to Nashville but bummed The Ryman is not in the cards. No shows scheduled yet for the time we are there.
    Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #137
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeuceStep View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I've wanted to go to Nashville for a while and to see a show at that legendary place is on my bucket list.

Grateful to be going to Nashville but bummed The Ryman is not in the cards. No shows scheduled yet for the time we are there.
    As an avid Nashville fan, you will be so drunk by showtime it won't matter where they are playing. Daydrinking starts at 11AM every day there.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #138
    DeuceStep

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    As an avid Nashville fan, you will be so drunk by showtime it won't matter where they are playing. Daydrinking starts at 11AM every day there.
    that is a mighty fine point. I can't wait.
    Old 01-18-2017, 08:31 AM   #139
    zaj128
    The King In The North

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Requesting 2 reserved for each night in hopes I can get approved for one of the nights. We'll see how it goes. I would think the Sunday show would be easier to get but both will obviously be hard tickets in general due to the venue size.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    zaj128 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #140
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

No way they're comin to Memphis on Friday. Being from Memphis, I'd rather go ahead and go to Nashville and spend a long weekend there
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #141
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're requesting pairs for both nights but going solo? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post
    I won't be going to Nashville solo, but possibly the concert. Figured I would ask for a pair for both nights, so if I were to get lucky and actually receive a pair, I'd likely have an extra ticket for someone here. Also, I always buy tickets in pairs, for whatever reason
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #142
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

I'm also new to the warehouse. Decided to sign up in hopes of getting lucky for Nashville. For $30 i figured why not? But what is the point of being a member if you're not guaranteed tickets? Isn't that the point of being a member of a fan club? I understand not getting exactly what you want every time, but seems fair to be guaranteed seats somewhere at least. Also, roughly how many people are members of the warehouse?
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #143
    mHeiser92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I won't be going to Nashville solo, but possibly the concert. Figured I would ask for a pair for both nights, so if I were to get lucky and actually receive a pair, I'd likely have an extra ticket for someone here. Also, I always buy tickets in pairs, for whatever reason
    I understand. Yeah I always buy in pairs as well no matter the plans. But this seems like it's going to be a hard ticket to get. With nobody in mind just find it easier to request singles and hope for the best
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #144
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I understand. Yeah I always buy in pairs as well no matter the plans. But this seems like it's going to be a hard ticket to get. With nobody in mind just find it easier to request singles and hope for the best
    everyone sure seems to think they'll be hard to come by, which leads me to believe the same. I can't justify sitting on the lawn for a show like D&T. I may end up splurging on one night via stubhub if I can't get a pair through warehouse, ticketmaster, or here.
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #145
    mHeiser92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    everyone sure seems to think they'll be hard to come by, which leads me to believe the same. I can't justify sitting on the lawn for a show like D&T. I may end up splurging on one night via stubhub if I can't get a pair through warehouse, ticketmaster, or here.
    Same boat here. I wouldn't hate to be lawn one night, it looks like a small enough place. But have to have reserved at least one night
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:42 AM   #146
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm also new to the warehouse. Decided to sign up in hopes of getting lucky for Nashville. For $30 i figured why not? But what is the point of being a member if you're not guaranteed tickets? Isn't that the point of being a member of a fan club? I understand not getting exactly what you want every time, but seems fair to be guaranteed seats somewhere at least. Also, roughly how many people are members of the warehouse?
    There are more fan club members than fan club seats...
    Old 01-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #147
    Hands

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Just to touch on the capacity issues, DMB played the Walmart AMP in Fayetteville in '15. Quick google shows 7,000 capacity. Had a blast at that show. Pumped to get to see D&T in Nashville now that I've moved. Really hopeful for full band shows down the road.
    Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #148
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Well good luck to all that are requesting... Very much looking forward to these 2 shows in Nashville regardless of how I may come about tickets
    Old 01-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #149
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You get a shot at getting tickets. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    There are more fan club members than fan club seats...

^^^^^ this

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #150
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Don't assume that putting in a request for a single ticket increases your chances of getting a ticket through WH. I thought the same last year, and put in requests for singles to some shows. Got declined on practically all (got a lawn....by mistake, forgot to opt out.....on the one I did get)!!!

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote