*Official Dave and Tim Mexico 2018* - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #31
ajc_1988
...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Official Dave and Tim Mexico 2018*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
for a difference of 1600 dollars it's worth it to just book the resort and try to talk your way into the shows IMO
you're not talking your way into anything down there.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #32
    tubaguy1145

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    what did CID add to the experience that was not a concert itself
    Employees there to welcome you practically the moment you step off the plane, very nice shuttles to all events, super efficient check in with drinks served, separate concierge on duty the entire weekend, excellent food and all drinks included at concerts.

I'm not trying to argue that the price isn't steep. But there are a lot of intangibles that can make or break a trip like this, and last year CID nailed it across the whole weekend.

I went outside CID for my offsite events, and the results were mixed. Had a great trip to Xel-Ha and Rio Secreto, and a miserable trip on a crappy old bus to Tulum with a horrible guide. Saved some money, but really regretted that Tulum trip. Heard the CID sponsored trip had a blast.
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #33
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I guess it was just that - an overall experience.

From the moment you went through customs and exited the airport, drivers were there with Dave & Tim signs to direct you to your shuttle where cold beers were waiting. You got to ride to the resort with other fans.

Upon arrival they dropped you off at the CID check in area (again, just for DTRM attendees). They greeted you with champagne and passed cocktails and chilled towels. DMB music playing, made the entire check in process hassle free. Fans were all excited to be there, grabbing their tote bags and custom room keys and meeting up with friends. Concierges were onsite to make dinner reservations, they had chair massages, snacks, etc - all just in the mass check in area. It really felt like no detail was overlooked. I've worked in events and experiences (travel and events) for over 10 years and it was all very well done and top notch.

To give you an idea I think CID told me they had over 250 staffers on site just focused on guest experience (not part of the venue crew).

Each building area had a designated CID concierge to assist with anything you needed.

(This was all at the Barcelo, the main host resort, I can't speak for the experience at other resorts). Everything was branded DTRM - custom room keys, signage everywhere. Custom maps and booklets. They had a tequila tasting with little glass branded glasses.

Barcelo staff was walking around handing out cold waters, assisting and interacting with attendees.

Each day by the main pool at Barcelo they had the openers perform during the day.

When you arrived at the shows each night they had a whole decorated village set up, greeted with drinks as soon as you walked in, waiters walked around during the shows brining you drinks. They had a photo op experience on the beach and dressed performers walking around prior to the show. They had a homemade churro stand within the venue, and a whole outdoor dining area with different food stations - tacos, taquitos, nachos, vegetarian options,

If you have ever been fortunate to attend a large corporate sales meeting or destination meeting for work (think Hawaii, Costa Rica, etc) it was on par or on that level of an event.

Post show they handed out pizza as you were leaving and directed you to post show food and entertainment set up each night.

Most of you reading this probably feel like eh, doesn't sound worth it, or big deal, but anyone that attended last year will tell you how pampered you felt and how you didn't feel like you had to worry about a THING.

It was just unlike any other concert experience you could imagine.

Which, is what CID presents does - they are a concert experience company.

This was not FYRE festival lol. This was well organized and executed.

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #34
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

If anyone wants to hear more trip feedback or discuss with people who attended last year, find the FB group in my link.

last year many solo travelers also hooked up with people in the group to go in on packages/room together with great success. There were tons or strangers became friends success stories!

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #35
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

i mean honestly, if you envision the three show tickets as being around 200ish cause its kinda a VIP event almost...

then you're paying like 1k for 5 days at an all inclusive resort, which I don't think is terrible at all

on top of that, its kinda like the gorge (albeit a bit more steep) whereas the experience itself is totally worth it
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #36
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
    i mean honestly, if you envision the three show tickets as being around 200ish cause its kinda a VIP event almost...

then you're paying like 1k for 5 days at an all inclusive resort, which I don't think is terrible at all

on top of that, its kinda like the gorge (albeit a bit more steep) whereas the experience itself is totally worth it
    You really just can't assume the price of tickets is doubled, because that's never been the case with this band.

The thing is overpriced, it's okay to just admit that, don't need to make up other justifications for it.

I hope everyone that goes has a great time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #37
    seesound

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Looks to be about $3500 per person minimum, once you factor in decent airfare flight times...ugh
    but I still want to go, what is wrong with me:-)

Last edited by seesound; 07-17-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: error
    seesound is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #38
    ryguy637
    Ryan

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I think it's priced fairly
    ryguy637 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #39
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They pretty much had an army there to ensure we were always taken care of. Throughout the day walking around with bottles of water, they had concierge type services to help with whatever problem or question you might have, they also had lots of activities planned just for the Dave and Tim peeps. But in addition to that they assisted me with a surprise proposal for me on the beach on my first night there, they basically assigned a awesome woman named Karla who went above and beyond. She decorated our room, helped me plan out a surprise from thousands of miles away, left us some gifts in the room, it was like we were the only ones there. My buddy also proposed to his gf there and they also did all these extra things to help make it special. They really put on a top notch experience that is amazingly organized and you can tell they are pros at this.
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #40
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    You really just can't assume the price of tickets is doubled, because that's never been the case with this band.

The thing is overpriced, it's okay to just admit that, don't need to make up other justifications for it.

im comparing it to a premium ticket, so it's not that far fetched

plenty of this shit in last years thread, don't think we need to rehash it
    Old 07-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #41
    Put Jimi To Bed

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

My Morning Jacket puts on their One Big Holiday at the same time every year. This year is the Hard Rock Dominican Republic. I was all in for switching if it was full band and checking DMB out but there is no way I will miss One Big Holiday for three d&t shows. Plus MMJ actually has great supporting bands every year and is four days not three. Another easy decision this year for me!
    Put Jimi To Bed is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #42
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

While some think it's overpriced, I'm more meh on the whole GA thing.
    I know many thought the entire experience was great but at some point I'd be concerned with the actual show. How crowded it was or how many ppl were around me that have been drinking since sun up. I have read some horror stories from a few ppl who were 10 to 15 heads back from the stage.
    aircavmike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #43
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Finally a thread around here that ChadIzzy isn't in... haha

Wait for it.....

Last edited by lilant420; 07-17-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #44
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryguy637 View Post
    I think it's priced fairly

At least someone gets it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aircavmike View Post

I know many thought the entire experience was great but at some point I'd be concerned with the actual show. How crowded it was or how many ppl were around me that have been drinking since sun up. I have read some horror stories from a few ppl who were 10 to 15 heads back from the stage.

If you tried to get close I think it was pretty bad in the middle center. But that is the same for any pit

Every night we were one palm tree back on the ocean side, felt really close, crowd around us was great, sound was good

Listening to them jam with your toes in the sand and endless drinks in your hand is priceless

The nice part is you can always move if you don't like the people around you

Quote:
    im comparing it to a premium ticket, so it's not that far fetched

plenty of this shit in last years thread, don't think we need to rehash it

ha ha for real

Quote:

No one I know that went last year felt it was overpriced, but just like last years thread, plenty of people see no value in it or want or have the money to spend on it.

You really can't compare it to any other show experience monetarily

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 07-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #45
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    its like any venue, the closer you are, the more territorial people are. especially if you didn't waste your day sitting in line. so I can see that for sure.

like Cheryl said though...we had the perfect spot across the board all three nights. good crowd, easy access to go to the water/bathroom/do whatever, great sound
    Old 07-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #46
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
    Finally a thread around here that ChadIzzy isn't in... haha

Wait for it.....
    What is wrong with you?

Quote:
    Old 07-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #47
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    Yep. Everyone I know that went last year is definitely going back if schedules allow. Definitely not a one time thing.

Just like people say the Gorge is a "one time thing" (myself included).

Plus so many of us came back and told friends how amazing of experience it was - and those who didn't go kinda sat back to see how it went, didn't want to be the guinea pig, and now want to go this time...
    I heard the opposite.

Food sucked. They wouldn't let you leave your hotel to visit friends at another hotel. And of course, the crowd that typically goes to these things (tehFamily).

Some idiots were trying to start a gate line at 2am after the show but they would "call dibs" instead of actually sitting there all night by self anointing some sucker to stay there and hold a sharpie and write numbers on people's hands so they could go back to sleep and show up the next day. Then fights broke out because some people thought their magic marker was an official thing and others (rightfully so) did not.

Yeah fuck that noise.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #48
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    I heard the opposite.

Food sucked. They wouldn't let you leave your hotel to visit friends at another hotel. And of course, the crowd that typically goes to these things (tehFamily).

Some idiots were trying to start a gate line at 2am after the show but they would "call dibs" instead of actually sitting there all night by self anointing some sucker to stay there and hold a sharpie and write numbers on people's hands so they could go back to sleep and show up the next day. Then fights broke out because some people thought their magic marker was an official thing and others (rightfully so) did not.

Yeah fuck that noise.

Well, anyone familiar with all inclusive resorts knows that they have wristband systems for guests of the property. It's pretty straightforward. Everyone I know stayed at the host property for that reason. I would never expect to be able to visit a different all inclusive property I didn't pay for?

There are pit line crazies at every show and at the gorge. I'm never waiting in line or trying to get rail, so whatever kind of dibs shit they pull in their circle or whatever is of no concern to me. Our crew always rolled in around 6-7pm. No way am I spending a day in paradise in a "pit" or "GA" line. If you want to get close or get "rail" then expect that shit at any venue.

Yeah the food was not great. But I've been to all inclusive in Punta Cana and Jamaica and had the same experience with the food. It's just usually not very good when it's mass produced like that. It was good enough and the drinks were great!

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 07-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #49
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah. For that money it should be high quality steak and one hour old caught crab/lobster.

And Jimi Hendrix's zombie guesting on Jimi thing.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #50
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    its like any venue, the closer you are, the more territorial people are. especially if you didn't waste your day sitting in line. so I can see that for sure.

like Cheryl said though...we had the perfect spot across the board all three nights. good crowd, easy access to go to the water/bathroom/do whatever, great sound
    How far off center? I've seen the pics and the crowd goes to the side after the stage ends and kind of meshes w the ocean
    No way we would wait all day. Stunned ppl did that last year at a place like that
    aircavmike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #51
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How far off center? I've seen the pics and the crowd goes to the side after the stage ends and kind of meshes w the ocean
    No way we would wait all day. Stunned ppl did that last year at a place like that
    if you look at the palm trees closer to the ocean in the pics, we were like the 3rd one back from the stage all three nights. great sightlines, sound, all that. it's kinda the same as being off on one side in a pit at a normal venue

and we strolled in close to show time all three nights, it was literally perfect

Last edited by ajc_1988; 07-17-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    ajc_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #52
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    if you look at the palm trees closer to the ocean in the pics, we were like the 3rd one back from the stage all three nights. great sightlines, sound, all that. it's kinda the same as being off on one side in a pit at a normal venue

and we strolled in close to show time all three nights, it was literally perfect

We were up to the first palm tree by mid set! It was perfect, had the dull day at the beach and we even did dinner reservations two of the nights

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 07-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #53
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What is wrong with you?
    I don't know, you tell me. I'm usually busy through out the day that I don't have time to do on average 40 posts a day.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #54
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't know, you tell me. I'm usually busy through out the day that I don't have time to do on average 40 posts a day.
    Good for you.

Head over to ndmbc, you'll see lots of people who work and post throughout the day.

Quit being a judgemental asshole.

Quote:
    Old 07-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #55
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah too busy jerking off. We get it
    Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #56
    pinkhippo77

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

The best news to wake up to!!! See ya'll soon
    pinkhippo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 11:39 PM   #57
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

So much stupidity here already about this...

FFS.
    Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #58
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Yeah too busy jerking off. We get it
    Tyler
    Old 07-18-2017, 12:00 AM   #59
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Couple random thoughts for those of you wondering: The sound of the ocean honestly doesn't have an awful impact and otherwise, sound was pretty a-ok. There were no screens, so if you were short, it kind of made things a little tough but once things got going and you got situated, for the most part you'd be good. There were a handful of people who did line up super early to get railed and the line on N3 was absolutely stupid to get into the venue. We strolled in after 6 each night and like AJC and Cheryl said, had a great spot off to the left of the stage each night, ocean side. Making it perfect if we had to run to the bathroom or anything. Also, the fact that we had a palm street reference point made it super easy to find our pretty large group. As each night went on, we actually kept moving up without issue as the crowd thinned and relaxed. Wait staff came through the crowd the ENTIRE night during the shows delivering drinks. Throw them a $20 and you were set for the evening and they'd keep coming back to you (can't beat that!). Easy in/out bathroom access. Could go grab food during the shows from the food stations if you wanted.

The overall show experience were really pretty unique and great.
    Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #60
    DC Greg

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    At least someone gets it

If you tried to get close I think it was pretty bad in the middle center. But that is the same for any pit

Every night we were one palm tree back on the ocean side, felt really close, crowd around us was great, sound was good

Listening to them jam with your toes in the sand and endless drinks in your hand is priceless

The nice part is you can always move if you don't like the people around you

ha ha for real

No one I know that went last year felt it was overpriced, but just like last years thread, plenty of people see no value in it or want or have the money to spend on it.

You really can't compare it to any other show experience monetarily
    You're doing a good job of selling it! I'm strongly considering it this year. It looks amazing.
    DC Greg is offline   Reply With Quote