The BitTorrent Helper Thread - Page 12 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #331
greenma25

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The BitTorrent Helper Thread

Hi, may i please have someone's assistance. I downloaded the show. Saved with the .torrent ext as stated and when i go to open to seed it i am receiving the below error. What does this mean?

... torrent cannot be opened. IO Error: BDecoder: zero length file

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #332
    Ants3436

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry it has been so long but I just wanted to say thanks for the help Doc.
    Old 06-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #333
    dmb8
    Eat,drink and be merry!

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

First time trying to use bittorrent, i d/l "Utorrent" and i need to set up my firewall to use it. I d/l the instructions for my specific modem and it indicates i need to establish a "static IP"

I called up my ISP and they said for a static IP the charge is 59.99 for the first 3 months is anyone else charged to establish a static IP? I'll just do the b&p if that's the case or try another method.
    Old 06-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #334
    Smilyone

Location: Toronto is home home.. but right now i'm in Dunedin New Zealand.. and my Heart lives in the ROckies...

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

i Just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! for all the info posted in this tread!! i finally figgured it all out and i am now happily listening to shows!!!!!
    Old 06-18-2006, 02:48 PM   #335
    dmbphan041
    ISO

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

can someone give me a good open port number, everything ive tried for the last ten minutes has given me a NAT error.

edit: also is there a free version of winrar that wont crap out on me after 30 days?
    Old 06-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #336
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Not really sure where to post this, but Can someone please seed 9-20-05 Dave's solo show at Radio City Music Hall over on Dreamingtree.org.....it says its going to take 20 days to DL.....
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    Old 06-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #337
    manDyMB807

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

This was a great thread. Thanks so much for the help! I am so glad to be able to be downloading all the shows I go to now! I use dreamingtree.org to get all the Dave shows. Does anyone know sites to use to get other things? I want to try to get the OAR opening show from Hershey and the G.Love opener from Pittsburgh. Thanks!
    Old 06-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #338
    dmbphan041
    ISO

My Tour Central Stats

unfortunatley openers sets arent usually taped. If they were they'd probably be under the opening acts section over on dreamingtree or maybe try bt.etree.org

hope that helps
    Old 06-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #339
    twostepper1213

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I'm having trouble with portforwarding. I went on over to portforward.com and have been following the steps as instructed on this page - http://portforward.com/english/route...00/Azureus.htm

Halfway down the page it asks me to enter the static IP I set up in previous steps. Is this just IP address I found after the "Run cmd" steps? Also, it is telling me to enter my IP into my browser's address bar. Every time I try to do that I just get the MSN search page saying that the address cannot be found. Any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, my computer is a laptop that connects to the wireless network. I'm going to be downloading my shows onto this computer, but do I still need to go through the portforwarding process and such on the main computer that is hooked up to the modem/router?

Old 06-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #340
    DancingNanciess

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

How Do I Convert Flac Files To Mp3 Or Wav Files? Or How Do I Just Burn Flac Files To Audio Cds? I Have Been Trying For Weeks! Please Help Me!
    Old 06-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #341
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DancingNanciess
    How Do I Convert Flac Files To Mp3 Or Wav Files? Or How Do I Just Burn Flac Files To Audio Cds? I Have Been Trying For Weeks! Please Help Me!
    http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...highlight=flac

Or check out this: http://www.foobar2000.org/
    Old 06-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #342
    jdn2110

My Tour Central Stats

So i'm confused and i hope im using this message board correctly. But i started using the BT program and i have part of a concert and then it just.... stopped at about 89.3% done... I waited for about a day and it never started up again. Did i do somthing wrong? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Old 06-27-2006, 05:59 AM   #343
    elizreiss

My Tour Central Stats

i have everything (azerous) set up, but how do i acually download the show form antsmarching.org?
    Old 06-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #344
    TheKramer26
    Big 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

so its been like 20 mins and its only up to 1.0%, is it normal for it to be this slow? im not complaining if it is, just wondering if normal
    Old 06-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #345
    TheKramer26
    Big 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

after it is downloaded, how do i play it?
    Old 07-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #346
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdn2110
    So i'm confused and i hope im using this message board correctly. But i started using the BT program and i have part of a concert and then it just.... stopped at about 89.3% done... I waited for about a day and it never started up again. Did i do somthing wrong? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    There may not be seeds any longer for the show you're downloading. Are any listed?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elizreiss
    i have everything (azerous) set up, but how do i acually download the show form antsmarching.org?
    You don't download from ants. There is no longer any downloading from ants. Go to http://www.dreamingtree.org/index.php

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheKramer26
    after it is downloaded, how do i play it?
    That depends on the format. Read the FAQ's on dreamingtree or download a plugin for winamp or use http://www.foobar2000.org/
    Old 07-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #347
    justanotherant

My Tour Central Stats

I am new to bit torrent and this thread has been extremely helpful. Thank you! I do have one issue though. I'm using Azureus and I have two torrents downloaded.

- While seeding, one torrent hasn't uploaded anything. The seeds column lists 0(5) and Peers column is 0(0). My health is a blue face.

- The other torrent started seeding, health was green and was working fine. My share ratio began climbing higher, but then I had to close Azureus. When I started Azureus again the same torrent has no seeding activity and the health is blue. Its a recent show I would think lots of users would be wanting it. maybe not.

Questions:

- How can I improve my share ratio if nobody wants what what I've got? I'm trying to play by the rules.
    - Could I be doing something that is preventing me from connecting to peers? My NAT indicator is green - reachability is OK.
    - Do I have to restart seeding when I open Azureus?

Its frustrating because my share ratio is bad and I want to be able to continue downloading. Im confused. Can anyone shed a little light on the situation? Thanks!
    Old 07-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #348
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justanotherant
    I am new to bit torrent and this thread has been extremely helpful. Thank you! I do have one issue though. I'm using Azureus and I have two torrents downloaded.

- While seeding, one torrent hasn't uploaded anything. The seeds column lists 0(5) and Peers column is 0(0). My health is a blue face.

- The other torrent started seeding, health was green and was working fine. My share ratio began climbing higher, but then I had to close Azureus. When I started Azureus again the same torrent has no seeding activity and the health is blue. Its a recent show I would think lots of users would be wanting it. maybe not.

Questions:

- How can I improve my share ratio if nobody wants what what I've got? I'm trying to play by the rules.
    - Could I be doing something that is preventing me from connecting to peers? My NAT indicator is green - reachability is OK.
    - Do I have to restart seeding when I open Azureus?

Its frustrating because my share ratio is bad and I want to be able to continue downloading. Im confused. Can anyone shed a little light on the situation? Thanks!
    You seem to be doing quite fine. You are not seeding the first torrent because there are no peers. In other words, there are no people trying to download it.

Improving your ratio on various sites can be tricky. It's great if you can jump on a torrent right when it hits and keep it open as many others are downloading it. Other than that, just try to leave them open as long as you can.

I think your setup is OK.

Normally you don't have to restart seeding upon reopening the program but just check and make sure the torrent is running and not stopped. Hit the "Play" looking button up top when the torrent is selected. If you can't, then it's running.
    Old 07-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #349
    justanotherant

My Tour Central Stats

Things seem to be working alright. I had some hits on the second torrent after posting that message. Thanks for your help.
    Old 07-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #350
    dmbphan041
    ISO

My Tour Central Stats

i was told there's a way to cap your uploads on azureus. How would i go aobut doing this?

Im asking about this cause my ratio on dt is shit (at or near 0.5) but my ISP doesnt let my seed so there isnt much i can do, or is there?
    Old 07-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #351
    Disco Stu

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I just got into this whole shn flac and bit torrent thing today. I'm starting to download some shows through the BitTorrent.

a. What am I even doing?
    b. How do I get these files to play after they're done in the BitTorrent?

me=noob
    Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #352
    Dr. Strangelove
    MeinFührerIcanwalk!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbphan041
    i was told there's a way to cap your uploads on azureus. How would i go aobut doing this?

Im asking about this cause my ratio on dt is shit (at or near 0.5) but my ISP doesnt let my seed so there isnt much i can do, or is there?
    Cap your upload speed you mean? Just go into Options > Transfer and set the global max upload speed to whatever you want your cap set to.

Also, how does your ISP not allow seeding? It's just uploading data, and if your ratio is .5 then you have to have uploaded something.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Disco Stu
    I just got into this whole shn flac and bit torrent thing today. I'm starting to download some shows through the BitTorrent.

a. What am I even doing?
    b. How do I get these files to play after they're done in the BitTorrent?

me=noob
    a. You're downloading lossless (ie CD quality) audio files via bittorrent.

b. There are many FAQs all over this site and others about what to do with the files you get. You can either leave them as is and play them on your computer or convert/burn them to CD. One program that will convert (need a plugin for shn) is http://www.foobar2000.org/ . There are many others, though.
    Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #353
    gmoore4th

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

It's taking me 2.5 HOURS to download per show. Is that normal? Doesn't seem lightning speed to me. Can someone make a suggestion? I run on bellsouthDSL, with a wireless router
    Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #354
    Shroometoons
    DMB FOREVER!!!!

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Hey great job with the tracker
    I just got done uploading dmb1994-03-26 torrent and i'm not seeing it in the forum.
    I'm pretty good with bt just wondering if it take some time to show up?
    and if anyone can see it please let me know

Thanks
    Chris
    Old 01-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #355
    Shroometoons
    DMB FOREVER!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shroometoons View Post
    Hey great job with the tracker
    I just got done uploading dmb1994-03-26 torrent and i'm not seeing it in the forum.
    I'm pretty good with bt just wondering if it take some time to show up?
    and if anyone can see it please let me know

Thanks
    Chris
    Sorry dumb ass me forgot to submit to the forum
    (to much weed)
    Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #356
    mmoreci

My Tour Central Stats

Gmoore-it can take a while to grab a whole show, I usually leave it going over night...if there are a lot of seeders and your download speed is 75kb/s+ it might only take a few hours, depending on size. Other times, seeders are on and off so it can stop and start...your software should estimate the time it will take for the whole thing at your current speed.

Be patient.
    Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #357
    mmoreci

My Tour Central Stats

Disco Stu--you are sharing files peer to peer with torrent software. Someone creates and uploads a "torrent" to this site and posts a link that connects another person(s) to their computer and that person can copy the files onto their own computer. The more people sharing or seeding the same files the faster it transfers. With multiple seeders you might get bits and pieces from several different peers while at the same time, sharing what you have with others.

Once complete, leave your torrent open and you will see other connect to you and you then will become a seeder of the show. Your ratio is the amount downloaded from others vs. the amount you have uploaded to others. Everyone should try to keep their ratio over 1, meaning equal downloaded and uploaded amounts, this is the spirit of the whole thing, sharing the music. Your torrent software should track your per show ratio so you can see where you are.

After you get the files and what to do depends on what type of file they are and what you plan to do with them. If they are shn files and you want to rip them to a cd, convert them to wav. I use mkw audio compression tool to "decode" them to wav. here is a link to download this freeware

http://www.etree.org/mkw.html

If the files are FLAC I convert them with my winamp to burn (winamp also plays flac files w/out any conversion). Winamp is as well from their site.

Bottomline, this is what its all about. Grabing and sharing shows for free that DMB has allowed tapers to record and distribute. Never pay for one of these recordings, never sell anything. Do not distribute converted files, only the original sourse (shn or flac).

Hope this helps.
    Old 01-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #358
    FenwayGrillKid
    THE MCLA

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Hey, im having some trouble with "magic numbers" according to mkw in converting shows. It converted all of a show except for the first track and my third track got converted into a wav.bak file, anyone know whats goin on?
    Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #359
    JoelB2222
    The Mad Violinist

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Here's a question...

How do you request a specific date to be tirrented? Is it even "correct" to request a torrent?

I only ask because I'm looking for the past 2 years at Mansfield to be torrented, (2004+2005)...yet I haven't seen them posted yet. I don't know if it's just that no one has them recorded, or if people haven't uploaded them yet for whatever reason, or if there just isn't any demand.

I mean, I don't wanna sound like I'm being a whiner and crying for someone to give me these shows, but I would like to let people know that there is a bit of a demand for them (at least one person ).

So...what should I do? Post in the 2005 torrent forum and ask for the show? Or just be patient and see if it gets torrented naturally?

Cheers
    Old 01-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #360
    Shroometoons
    DMB FOREVER!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

i seem to have a nat problem. but what i can't understand is why my connection is ok on the traders den and dreaming tree and its not here? I'm currently using utorrent and when i start d/ling from one of those other sites everything is fine and when i start uploading or d/ling from ants tracker with Azureus the light just stays blue and says i'm firewalled. i did the nat test in Azureus and its says OK and i have checked the ports in utorrent and its OK! Port xxxxx is open and accepting connections.
    I have been using bit torrent since it came around and i have never seen anything like this
    If anyone has any idea whats going on please let me know.

Chris