What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 3127 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #93781
Roose13
Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
I'm sorry Ricky

My dad just fell, being transferred to the hospital and getting updates from my mom, lots of blood, not great
I'm sorry man. I really hope he's OK. Things like these are terrifying as our parents get older.

NHL Thread Banner
-2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
-2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
-2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
-2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-02-2021, 03:56 AM   #93782
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    Death death death. All around me lately*and it sucks. * This time a friend from the old neighborhood OD’d.*
    I'm sorry Ricky.

Quote:
    I'm sorry Ricky

My dad just fell, being transferred to the hospital and getting updates from my mom, lots of blood, not great
    Ugh, hope all is well, its scary when you are just waiting on updates, can seem like an eternity. Hang in there!
    Old 08-02-2021, 05:35 AM   #93783
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you everybody, 17 stitches in his face, broken orbital bones, broken cheek bones, broken bone in his hand. Trying to figure out if the cause was more than just tripping.
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 06:17 AM   #93784
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Wow, that's just awful, TS. So sorry. I hope your pops heals up quick. That is a horrible fall if he just tripped.
    Old 08-02-2021, 06:39 AM   #93785
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thank you everybody, 17 stitches in his face, broken orbital bones, broken cheek bones, broken bone in his hand. Trying to figure out if the cause was more than just tripping.

Sounds awful I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully you’re dad can get some good help and be back up in no time.
    Old 08-02-2021, 06:44 AM   #93786
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Shitty, sorry dude. All the best to your pops for a speedy recovery.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 07:04 AM   #93787
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

It's gonna be scary when he gets to Drop's age
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 07:14 AM   #93788
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's gonna be scary when he gets to Drop's age
    I try to avoid fist fights, I mean 'falls', at this age.

For reals though... hope your pops is alright. I spent some time with my dad a few years ago reconfiguring my grandfather's house to lessen the fall injuries. It's no fun when the reach they frequent falling age.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 07:41 AM   #93789
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

All the T&Ps and good vibes to those needing it. Between this thread and Matthew putting his dog down, it's been a rough read through this morning. Be well everyone.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #93790
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Terminal, treatment resistant depression. I finally told both my parents, on a conference call, how I really feel. That I'm just sticking it out on this shity f****** planet for them. Because it's the right thing to do. Because I'm an only child and they literally have no one else.

And now for the first time they realize that their baby boy has been in trouble all these years. Maybe they should have got a f****** abortion because I sure as f*** didn't ask to be here. Pieces of s*** breeding other pieces of s*** has got to stop.

I look back on my life and all that I've accomplished and it's nothing to me and never will be. I just ran a dime piece off. And she's a mental health professional who thought she could fix me. Imagine that s***. But I don't want to be fixed? No, I do, but I can't be.

I'm sorry if pumping me full of chemicals and some sort of f****** brain therapy doesn't stop me from realizing what a s*** world this is. How we are all f****** corporate slaves. How I have to protect everything, what little I own, from just pieces of s*** in this world which seems to be everyone these days.

And now I have to hire a lawyer and go to court to prove that I'm competent to handle my own affairs. I've been doing it all these years. How about you m************ bankrupt my student loans? Why not take a f****** time machine and let me go back. Unreasonable.

Dementia Biden isn't going to help s***. and I'm tired of working my ass off day in and day out without a vacation, bumped up into a higher tax bracket so I can pay for pieces of s*** to sit on their ass and make excuses for why they don't want to go back to work.

I'm this f****** close man. I'm okay for right now. I've been working out everyday and legitimately trying to hurt myself but I must be pretty f****** strong because I haven't yet. Just hoping I die of a f****** heart attack honestly. And even my job has entered me in a wellness program that I have no intention of completing or even starting. Pretty much just waiting on them to fire me.

Sorry. Sorry for everything. Just needed to vent. I'm fine for now. And that has to be okay.

I've worked really hard not to be a toxic person. I've come a long way in that regard at least in personal relationships and work relationships. But when I fake it it's pretty f****** obvious. That's not who I am. Above all I have always been a realist.

Apologies for the negative energy. I'll show myself out.
    Old 08-02-2021, 05:09 PM   #93791
    Erich
    Handsome & Genocidal

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    I'll show myself out.
    Please stay.
    Old 08-02-2021, 05:20 PM   #93792
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Apologies for the negative energy. I'll show myself out.
    Defcon - I know you've shared frustrations before & I hope you get some help and find some good stuff to focus on. Whatever you need & good luck.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 05:23 PM   #93793
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

Would just like to reiterate for everyone to take care of themselves.

Hang in there, Chris. You're wanted.
    Old 08-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #93794
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

The most toxic thing you’ve done is sensor cuss words on the internet. We don’t give a FUCK and aren’t offended by the words. Let them out. I’ll do it with you, MOTHERFUCKER. You can vent, uncensored, and we’ll all read it.

PMs are open. No need to check out early. Hit me or others that responded up. We’re all willing to chat. It’s not written in any stone that your depression is terminal. Shit sucks right now. That /can/ change. Believe me.
    Old 08-03-2021, 06:45 AM   #93795
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

People abusing the #hotdog tag on Instagram. My feed is constantly full of god damn cheeseburgers with #hotdog. Infuriating.
    Old 08-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #93796
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    The most toxic thing you’ve done is sensor cuss words on the internet. We don’t give a FUCK and aren’t offended by the words. Let them out. I’ll do it with you, MOTHERFUCKER. You can vent, uncensored, and we’ll all read it.

PMs are open. No need to check out early. Hit me or others that responded up. We’re all willing to chat. It’s not written in any stone that your depression is terminal. Shit sucks right now. That /can/ change. Believe me.
    I broached the very subject here I believe but despite following all the instructions I can't get it off my phone. Something about settings then go to languages or something like that and then you have to go in and do it in the Google keyboard and you have to do it in a certain order and also tell Biden what the thing is and tell Rosie O'Donnell she's attractive and nobody has time for that

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    Would just like to reiterate for everyone to take care of themselves.

Hang in there, Chris. You're wanted.
    Thanks for your concern. If I ever get really freaking bad, I'm just going to quit my job without notice, buy a few supplies, and knock the Appalachian trail off my bucket list. I'm so close to doing that any given day. I figure whether or not I completed spending a few weeks or months in the woods would likely be like a new start when I come back to the real world.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Defcon - I know you've shared frustrations before & I hope you get some help and find some good stuff to focus on. Whatever you need & good luck.
    Yeah at least I have my things. Right now that's the gym, getting out in the woods, and playing guitar. It's hard for me to make time to do that because when I'm not working I'm tired. I might get two days off in a row once a month and if I do I'm sleeping pretty much non-stop with the exception of other necessary biological functions.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    Please stay.
    I don't know why I keep coming back to this site. I guess it reminds me of better times. Got a lot of good tickets from here, set with a lot of good people it shows, had some real fun tailgating and camping out, but those days are long gone. I can't even enjoy a concert now. Doesn't matter how much I drink or smoke, being around people just gives me major anxiety. It's gotten far worse in the last year. The road rage has gotten ridiculous. I carry protection in my car and I hope I never have to use it. The only reason I bought it is because a little over a year ago, because of whatever supposed traffic transgression or lack thereof, someone pulled up to me at a red light and pointed some sort of mini assault rifle at me, I was so freaked the f*** out that I drove home like I was in some kind of police chase. How the actual cops didn't discover me doing this I have no idea. The next day, I acquired protection. It has bought a little more peace of mind.

Please excuse the voice to type errors. I'm aware of them and I simply don't give a f***.
    Old 08-04-2021, 06:18 AM   #93797
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Facebook is absolute horseshit.

I don't know why I ever went back, but I finally permanently deleted my account. It feels oddly cathartic. Kind of like losing a loved one that was mainly trouble.

For the longest time I didn't post or comment on anything after I reactivated my account. I evidently offended someone this morning. Guess f****** what? Life is offensive. Get over it.

Not what it was in 2004. Sooner or later it will be myspaced, i.e. made functionally obsolete by something far better. I hope Zuckerberg has saved some money. I wouldn't keep most of my personal wealth in stocks but that's just me. I guess billionaires don't learn from people like Steve Jobs.
    Old 08-04-2021, 06:33 AM   #93798
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Deleting Facebook was a great move for me.

Viewing tomorrow night. Most of my friends arent going because they haven’t seen him in years. Neither did I but he was still our friend. I know I shouldn’t care, but it irritates me.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2021, 06:50 AM   #93799
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Facebook is absolute horseshit.

I don't know why I ever went back, but I finally permanently deleted my account. It feels oddly cathartic. Kind of like losing a loved one that was mainly trouble.

For the longest time I didn't post or comment on anything after I reactivated my account. I evidently offended someone this morning. Guess f****** what? Life is offensive. Get over it.

Not what it was in 2004. Sooner or later it will be myspaced, i.e. made functionally obsolete by something far better. I hope Zuckerberg has saved some money. I wouldn't keep most of my personal wealth in stocks but that's just me. I guess billionaires don't learn from people like Steve Jobs.
    i'm not sure if FB will ever go the myspace route. its so ingrained in culture and how people use the internet.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    Viewing tomorrow night. Most of my friends arent going because they haven’t seen him in years. Neither did I but he was still our friend. I know I shouldn’t care, but it irritates me.
    i think its perfectly acceptable to feel irritated about that. a high school friend of mine passed away about 2 years ago, i hadnt seen him in forever and i know a lot of our circle of friends from back then hadnt either. we all just kinda grew apart. life happens. but we all went to the services and we all bawled our eyes out. he was a good friend for a long time and to not acknowledge his life would have been a shitty thing.

now, if your buddy who passed away burnt a lot of bridges and pissed a lot of people off, i could understand why some people would be apprehensive about going.
    Old 08-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #93800
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

What’s wrong with Facebook?

I’ve been watching first amendment audit videos and think they are pretty entertaining.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2021, 07:10 AM   #93801
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks for your concern. If I ever get really freaking bad, I'm just going to quit my job without notice, buy a few supplies, and knock the Appalachian trail off my bucket list. I'm so close to doing that any given day. I figure whether or not I completed spending a few weeks or months in the woods would likely be like a new start when I come back to the real world.
    It sounds like you already know this would be good for you. If you have the ability, don't make yourself wait until it's unbearable to make changes.
    Old 08-06-2021, 12:15 AM   #93802
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Middle of the night IBS issues. At least once every month or two, I get to deal with this in the middle of the night and it ruins my sleep aside from a whole lot of cramps and pain. So tired of this. I try to think on dietary triggers, alcohol. or anything else that might be the cause of my body hating me. Tonight I can't think of a single dietary trigger or any reason why.

I just hope my kids don't inherit this. Guh.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2021, 02:34 AM   #93803
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Once or twice a week, I'll wake up at 5:00 a.m. to get some work in before my daughter gets up at 6:30-7. And, like clockwork, about once a month, our remote login system just straight up decides not to work at all. This morning is one of those days. I don't know if it's for routine maintenance or what, but it's so frustrating to have woken up trying to feel all accomplished to start a Friday and not even be able to do it. I guess I'll go play some video games for 30 min instead
    Old 08-06-2021, 03:06 AM   #93804
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Hey defcon,

Just thought I'd suggest, if you haven't read it yet, to at least read the first section of Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning book about his experiences in several Nazi concentration camps. The account is not as depressing as you may think, and he gives some unique and useful impressions concerning grief and endurance of suffering. Worth a read.

Good luck.

Here's one of my favourite poems:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHOHi5ueo0A
    OK_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2021, 08:15 AM   #93805
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Finding a fish with human teeth: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58105044
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2021, 08:21 AM   #93806
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Finding a fish with human teeth: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58105044
    I’ve fished on this pier

Old 08-06-2021, 08:24 AM   #93807
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sheepshead all have those kinda teeth.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2021, 08:26 AM   #93808
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

Was watching Zodiac on prime last night when my internet went out. Xfinity dropping the ball on a Thursday at 9:30p is very irritating.
    Old 08-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #93809
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    Was watching Zodiac on prime last night when my internet went out. Xfinity dropping the ball on a Thursday at 9:30p is very irritating.
    I guess you will never know who he was

Old 08-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #93810
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats