***Official Camden 2018 Thread*** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #121
Lch5027

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Camden 2018 Thread***

I saw at least 2 or 3 people on the WH boards that pulled instants in 102 N1

Lch5027 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #122
    but1well
    love baby

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lch5027 View Post
    Really hoping for Last Stop at Camden this year. These will be my 34th and 35th shows and I've never seen it live. Was looking through the almanac and saw it's only been played at Camden ONCE back in 1998 when it was new and in rotation. It's been played multiple times since '98 at all of the other major venues that typically get 2-night stands (SPAC, Alpine, Deer Creek, WPB, Gorge).

It was last played in 2016 after a 6 year break so it could be back on the shelf for a little bit but I'm really hoping they bust it out. Camden deserves it after having plenty of good sets and 2-night runs. I guess it's just slipped through the cracks in the years when it comes back into rotation.
    It's not happening. Dave famously doesn't care much to play the song and it was just played last DMB tour. That being said I hope I'm wrong
    This is literally the opposite of communism. Now, if they came out and cancelled all seats and said you are all to sit on the lawn, as peasant equals, you'd have an argument.
    but1well is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #123
    anklebunker

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lch5027 View Post
    Bored at work so I made this map delineating how the venue parking and access are set up. I haven't been there since the new Sixers building was finished so things could be a little different now but this is based on my previous experience of shows here.

If anybody has parked in VIP parking, let me know how the experience was.
    So, is the "non-VIP" section of Lot 1 free parking, or is it just less money than VIP? Do you have to show your concert ticket to be able to park there?

And a related question, on the rail options for transportation. I'm thinking of doing RiverLINE/PATCO instead of parking at the venue. NJTransit says the RiverLINE light rail has full service until midnight on Saturdays, and on Friday nights from 10pm-midnight it runs from BB&T up to 36th Street Station, with bus service after that. My question: do the Friday late night RiverLINE trains make all the stops between BB&T and 36th Street or is it direct? Wondering if it's just easier after the shows to book it the 3 blocks from BB&T to the PATCO Broadway station and skip RiverLINE altogether.
    anklebunker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #124
    excitingjae

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anklebunker View Post
    So, is the "non-VIP" section of Lot 1 free parking, or is it just less money than VIP? Do you have to show your concert ticket to be able to park there?
    It is not free just less money than face-value VIP. Every time I've parked in the "non-VIP" section of Lot 1 I've never had to show a concert ticket. Haven't had to for any of the Camden lots.
    Old 06-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #125
    mattmoo

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Hey everyone. Anyone know what time the venue stops letting people in? Will be getting out of work late and I'm worried I won't get there in time. Sorry if this has been posted before - I looked everywhere (and on the venue's site) and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
    mattmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #126
    jeandangelo

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Just thought I'd share.... never knew you could exchange tickets (there is a 10 dollar fee per ticket) I did it over the phone and it was pretty simple. Moved from row V to D!
    Old 06-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #127
    jmrzx

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeandangelo View Post
    Just thought I'd share.... never knew you could exchange tickets (there is a 10 dollar fee per ticket) I did it over the phone and it was pretty simple. Moved from row V to D!
    Who did you call? Ticketmaster?
    jmrzx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #128
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattmoo View Post
    Hey everyone. Anyone know what time the venue stops letting people in? Will be getting out of work late and I'm worried I won't get there in time. Sorry if this has been posted before - I looked everywhere (and on the venue's site) and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
    I've never heard of a venue ever turning away someone because it was too late...unless the encore is about to happen maybe. how late are you planning on being?
    Old 06-04-2018, 05:39 AM   #129
    jeandangelo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmrzx View Post
    Who did you call? Ticketmaster?
    Yep I called 800-653-8000 you can also upgrade if you they find lowers for you
    Old 06-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #130
    Blessed Sip
    What's that you say?

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

How do you do this? I have crummy seats in section 201.

Thanks.
    Blessed Sip is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #131
    jmrzx

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yep I called 800-653-8000 you can also upgrade if you they find lowers for you
    Cool, thanks for the tip
    jmrzx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 07:41 AM   #132
    jeandangelo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blessed Sip View Post
    How do you do this? I have crummy seats in section 201.

Thanks.
    800-653-8000 call this tickemaster number and one of the options is exchange tickets. They won't let your original tickets go until they officially get the upgraded ones secured. They have to be standard tickets not the resale ones.
    Old 06-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #133
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

FS - Camden single lowers - both nights..

N1 - 104 X (closer to inner aisle)
    N2 - 102 L (near aisle)

face + fees
    priority goes to a single buyer for ease.

PM me as I don't check this thread constantly!
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 08:41 AM   #134
    josh4127

Shows Seen: 108

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

For Sale: Camden n2 Warehouse Premium Pit single available...

Will go below face. PM me!
    josh4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 10:04 AM   #135
    Jadorsey34

Shows Seen: 135

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Looking for 2 pits for N1
    Jadorsey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #136
    Wimswim

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster about upgrading our Section 100 Row R seats for something closer. Nothing available. It was worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Wimswim is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #137
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jadorsey34 View Post
    Looking for 2 pits for N1

PM Sent.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #138
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Since people been posting tix for sale in here, I will do the same

Have an Aisle pair (seats 1&2) in Section 202 (upper center), Row L that I’m looking to get rid of for best offer. PM if interested.
    Old 06-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #139
    derelict49
    l get in line l

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all! Never been to Camden but am thinking about going for the weekend (or possibly Saturday). I back read a bit but am looking for any advice and info on what it's like, i.e. Is lawn worth it or does it totally suck? How's parking? Tailgating allowed? Any issues with the venue? Where to stay in Phillie or wherever? Any info would be appreciated.

I also haven't bought tickets or started looking and I see some people are selling some, but I'd need at least 2 for N2 and am trying to convince the fiance to go to N1 too
    derelict49 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #140
    lasalleb3

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by derelict49 View Post
    Hey all! Never been to Camden but am thinking about going for the weekend (or possibly Saturday). I back read a bit but am looking for any advice and info on what it's like, i.e. Is lawn worth it or does it totally suck? How's parking? Tailgating allowed? Any issues with the venue? Where to stay in Phillie or wherever? Any info would be appreciated.

I also haven't bought tickets or started looking and I see some people are selling some, but I'd need at least 2 for N2 and am trying to convince the fiance to go to N1 too
    Do it! It’s my home venue but it’s a really great time and I never walk away disappointed in the set. To answer some of your questions:

- The lawn isn’t that bad (but perhaps I have a higher tolerance than others?). I find it to be pretty easy to get a good/center view, and when we go as a group we exclusively do lawn for N2. The sound is fine as well, they have speakers at the front of the lawn as well as speaker poles halfway up the lawn Having said that, I went to a Shakes/Gary Clark show a few summers ago where those speaker poles in the middle of the lawn were turned off and the sound wasn’t nearly as good….but they’ve always been on for a DMB show so who knows. Just to be safe I plan to maneuver myself into a spot in the first half of the lawn…but it really shouldn’t be an issue. Another option is to head to the top of the lawn…you lose a closer view of the band but if you look left there’s a fantastic view of the Philly skyline, and if you go this route there are plenty of screens along the venue’s wall to still watch the band. You really can’t go wrong!

- Parking can sometimes be a headache, mainly around an hour or so before showtime, but that’s the case at a lot of venues. I’m not sure where you’re coming from, but I assume you’re crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge into Camden. Once off the bridge you should make your first right and try to get as far up Delaware Ave as possible, then take your left onto Delaware Ave and just ride that street south looking for parking lots. The first ones you’ll see will be the Campbell lots that are used for minor league baseball games. It may seem far from the venue but it’s not too bad…maybe a 10-15 minute walk at best? If you want to avoid this all together there’s also a ferry that takes people across the river, though I’ve never done it.

- Tailgating is definitely allowed. Common sense should still be followed (use solo cups and what not) but I’ve never been hassled here and you can let your hair down a bit unlike some other venues that feel a bit more tense (like VA Beach).

- Venue issues are the same as any other place. If you’re a smoker there will be plenty of company, especially out on the lawn. They do send the yellow shirts to crack down on this stuff but it’s pretty minimal and they usually stop walking around once the show starts. Either be discreet beforehand or just go wild once the lights go down. As far as bathroom/beer lines, they can be a bit crowded right before the show starts but other than that it’s never a major issue.

- As far as places to stay I have to defer to others as I’m local. There are plenty of options, though it’s probably best to stay somewhere in center city Philly. Obviously don’t stay in Camden lol.

- I don’t think you’ll have problems with tickets, there seem to be plenty available on the WH and Ants boards.

If you have any other questions just ask, and hope you decide to come!
    lasalleb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #141
    DixiChknTnseLam

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Is there a curfew at Camden?
    DixiChknTnseLam is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #142
    lasalleb3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DixiChknTnseLam View Post
    Is there a curfew at Camden?
    Nope, not that I'm aware of. They've definitely gone past 11 and the shows are usually one of the longer ones on tour.
    Old 06-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #143
    derelict49
    l get in line l

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lasalleb3 View Post
    Do it! It’s my home venue but it’s a really great time and I never walk away disappointed in the set. To answer some of your questions:

- The lawn isn’t that bad (but perhaps I have a higher tolerance than others?). I find it to be pretty easy to get a good/center view, and when we go as a group we exclusively do lawn for N2. The sound is fine as well, they have speakers at the front of the lawn as well as speaker poles halfway up the lawn Having said that, I went to a Shakes/Gary Clark show a few summers ago where those speaker poles in the middle of the lawn were turned off and the sound wasn’t nearly as good….but they’ve always been on for a DMB show so who knows. Just to be safe I plan to maneuver myself into a spot in the first half of the lawn…but it really shouldn’t be an issue. Another option is to head to the top of the lawn…you lose a closer view of the band but if you look left there’s a fantastic view of the Philly skyline, and if you go this route there are plenty of screens along the venue’s wall to still watch the band. You really can’t go wrong!

- Parking can sometimes be a headache, mainly around an hour or so before showtime, but that’s the case at a lot of venues. I’m not sure where you’re coming from, but I assume you’re crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge into Camden. Once off the bridge you should make your first right and try to get as far up Delaware Ave as possible, then take your left onto Delaware Ave and just ride that street south looking for parking lots. The first ones you’ll see will be the Campbell lots that are used for minor league baseball games. It may seem far from the venue but it’s not too bad…maybe a 10-15 minute walk at best? If you want to avoid this all together there’s also a ferry that takes people across the river, though I’ve never done it.

- Tailgating is definitely allowed. Common sense should still be followed (use solo cups and what not) but I’ve never been hassled here and you can let your hair down a bit unlike some other venues that feel a bit more tense (like VA Beach).

- Venue issues are the same as any other place. If you’re a smoker there will be plenty of company, especially out on the lawn. They do send the yellow shirts to crack down on this stuff but it’s pretty minimal and they usually stop walking around once the show starts. Either be discreet beforehand or just go wild once the lights go down. As far as bathroom/beer lines, they can be a bit crowded right before the show starts but other than that it’s never a major issue.

- As far as places to stay I have to defer to others as I’m local. There are plenty of options, though it’s probably best to stay somewhere in center city Philly. Obviously don’t stay in Camden lol.

- I don’t think you’ll have problems with tickets, there seem to be plenty available on the WH and Ants boards.

If you have any other questions just ask, and hope you decide to come!
    Awesome! Thanks for taking the time for such an elaborate response

Love that tailgating is allowed. So most people park in separate lots and not in a venue lot? (maybe just misread this though, or maybe you were just saying that's easier!)

Yeah, I've noticed on Airbnb & Hotels are all pretty reasonable for the weekend. I guess that's the perk of being a venue in a major city where there's a lot going on! Thanks again!
    Old 06-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #144
    crounsa810

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I've been to Camden every year since 2012. By far the easiest experience I've ever had was getting a hotel in Mt Laurel and taking the PATCO into Camden. There's a number of stations only 5 minutes away from Mt. Laurel and it's cheaper than the parking lots, which were up to $35 last time I parked there. When the show is over, you follow the crowd to the train station and get the hell out of Camden in short time, because you don't want to be there too long. Plus, you can drink a bit at the show and in the lots without drunk driving, which is pretty good. DUI fees in Jersey are extremely expensive, so you want to avoid them. Plus, no risk of popping a tire on the broken glass all over the parking lots on your way out.

Also, if you take the train from Haddington, the town is really nice and has some cool bars to hit after the show. Also, the hotel in Mt. Laurel is usually on groupon and much cheaper than anything in the city, while being just as clean.
    Old 06-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #145
    derelict49
    l get in line l

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    I've been to Camden every year since 2012. By far the easiest experience I've ever had was getting a hotel in Mt Laurel and taking the PATCO into Camden. There's a number of stations only 5 minutes away from Mt. Laurel and it's cheaper than the parking lots, which were up to $35 last time I parked there. When the show is over, you follow the crowd to the train station and get the hell out of Camden in short time, because you don't want to be there too long. Plus, you can drink a bit at the show and in the lots without drunk driving, which is pretty good. DUI fees in Jersey are extremely expensive, so you want to avoid them. Plus, no risk of popping a tire on the broken glass all over the parking lots on your way out.

Also, if you take the train from Haddington, the town is really nice and has some cool bars to hit after the show. Also, the hotel in Mt. Laurel is usually on groupon and much cheaper than anything in the city, while being just as clean.
    Very nice and thanks! That sounds easy, and yeah, I was hoping to avoid driving if I could - enjoy the show beers too much...
    Old 06-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #146
    lasalleb3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Awesome! Thanks for taking the time for such an elaborate response

Love that tailgating is allowed. So most people park in separate lots and not in a venue lot? (maybe just misread this though, or maybe you were just saying that's easier!)

Yeah, I've noticed on Airbnb & Hotels are all pretty reasonable for the weekend. I guess that's the perk of being a venue in a major city where there's a lot going on! Thanks again!
    It's actually pretty confusing to tell what's a venue lot. The only ones I know for sure belong to BB&T are the ones immediately outside of the venue, but I think they may have changed that to VIP parking. But there are other lots (like the one for Campbells Field) which definitely get used when the closer lots are filled. All allow tailgating except for the Aquarium lot, so stay away from that one.

Quote:

This also sounds like a good option. Mt Laurel is a pretty close Jersey town and isn't a slum like Camden. I'm not entirely familiar with the PATCO lines but I do know there is a stop near the venue. And if you choose this route you can uber (or perhaps train?) into Philly during the day...seems like a good alternative if you don't want to deal with driving.
    Old 06-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #147
    derelict49
    l get in line l

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone have any pavilion seats left they're trying to get rid of at Camden? Preferably N2, but open to either.
    Old 06-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #148
    crounsa810

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Very nice and thanks! That sounds easy, and yeah, I was hoping to avoid driving if I could - enjoy the show beers too much...
    Also, I'm an idiot. I meant Haddonfield, not Haddington. Brain fart.

The PATCO will take you in to Philly too, if you wish. The Woodcrest station is the closest to the hotel, but they are all pretty much the same time frame away.

http://ridepatco.org/m/maps_stations.html
    Old 06-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #149
    derelict49
    l get in line l

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Also, I'm an idiot. I meant Haddonfield, not Haddington. Brain fart.

The PATCO will take you in to Philly too, if you wish. The Woodcrest station is the closest to the hotel, but they are all pretty much the same time frame away.

http://ridepatco.org/m/maps_stations.html
    Thanks a lot!
    Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #150
    derelict49
    l get in line l

My Tour Central Stats

What about the ferry? Does anyone recommend that or are the lines too long? If you do take the ferry, are you stuck not tailgating then or are there places to hang out around outside the show?