Wrigley Field CD 3/29/2011 - Page 54 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #1591
MicTKO
That's a satellite

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Wrigley Field CD 3/29/2011

argh! Had to wait to clear the credit card, Its a bit silly that they cant just make more.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #1592
    Davehead05
    Trippin Billy

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

They will make more. The store says is temporarily unavailable. Which means they will put it back on there. It was up a few times yesterday then taken down.
    Davehead05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #1593
    MicTKO
    That's a satellite

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Cool man! Thanks!
    Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #1594
    rwwest7

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I still think it's a sales gimmick to make people think they missed out, and when it's put back up they will hurry up and order so they don't miss out again. Isn't this glaringly obvious to anyone else? How many other times have they ever "sold out" of something, even the "supplies are very limited" LT 15 that came bundled with BW never sold out.
    rwwest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #1595
    Trippingchris
    Zombie Happens

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rwwest7 View Post
    I still think it's a sales gimmick to make people think they missed out, and when it's put back up they will hurry up and order so they don't miss out again. Isn't this glaringly obvious to anyone else? How many other times have they ever "sold out" of something, even the "supplies are very limited" LT 15 that came bundled with BW never sold out.
    I agree. Why would they be temporarily sold out of a pre-order item that is still 3 weeks away from being shipped? If anything they would take all pre-orders anyways and simply state some would have a shipping delay when finally released.
    Trippingchris is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #1596
    Trippingchris
    Zombie Happens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amirightsideup View Post
    well i'm still waiting for the 2011 calendar to reappear on the site they sold out and everyone said that they would restock the calendars and it wasn't limited and they would come back......well it's 5 months later and nothing

now i'm not saying that the box set won't reappear by any means, but i am saying that products have sold out before and haven't reappeared. so they don't always try to make them "appear" to sell out and be hard to find. sometimes they just are
    I was told by Musictoday they are not restocking the 2011 calendar, and they made it seem like it was a definite statement.

I was sad because all of their other calendars they always had stock after the new year, so I missed out too.
    Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #1597
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're 100% right. Why stop selling it at all? If they will eventually have enough, then don't take the down the pre-order.

This is either a gimmick, or the "temporary" line is bullshit.
    Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #1598
    Hilly

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Were these ever advertised as limited edition? I don’t know if I ever saw an email for them.

I, personally, like that they have a policy of only selling what they have in stock. If, for whatever reason, they were a limited print, and won’t be able to make more for a bit, I’d rather not buy something and not know when/if I’ll receive it.

Hopefully they can get more for the people who still want it. I’m glad I ordered mine early!

What is the consensus here? If they were advertised as “limited edition” do the fans want more prints, or to actually keep it limited?
    Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #1599
    rwwest7

My Tour Central Stats

I would keep it as limited, only because I already ordered my copy and this would be my first truly "rare" item. But it will no doubt show up in the usuall places to download for free so anyone who missed out on the hard copy I'm sure will still "aquire" it.
    Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #1600
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trippingchris View Post
    I agree. Why would they be temporarily sold out of a pre-order item that is still 3 weeks away from being shipped? If anything they would take all pre-orders anyways and simply state some would have a shipping delay when finally released.
    Imagine the uproar though from people that paid for the shipping to receive it on the release date.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #1601
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would keep it as limited, only because I already ordered my copy and this would be my first truly "rare" item. But it will no doubt show up in the usuall places to download for free so anyone who missed out on the hard copy I'm sure will still "aquire" it.
    Personally, I’ve never been too concerned with the rarity of an item. If I like it, I’ll buy it. If I don’t, I don’t. But I understand the appeal/potential increase in value of a rare item.

I’m not one to purchase a rare item to resell it later for profit though, but I can understand those that do and scalping. It’s a capitalistic society, and just like with the stock market, if you see something that’s undervalued, you buy it and hold it until the market catches up with its value.

As for acquiring it through other means, I don’t support unauthorized downloading. No matter how you try to justify it to yourself, stealing is stealing.

So, I’m for doing a second print.
    Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #1602
    Trippingchris
    Zombie Happens

My Tour Central Stats

I don't mind that it's limited either, but I would think they would have plenty for the pre-order or at least send out an email explaining quantities are low and to order now if you want it.

Also, bundling both shows together in a "limited edition" package without simply allowing both shows to be ordered on their own isn't fair. Especially if you're not made out of money and just laid down money for the festivals.

If management is gonna rape me, at least let me have a few weeks after buying tickets so my funds can refill to buy more limited edition merch.
    Old 05-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #1603
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't mind that it's limited either, but I would think they would have plenty for the pre-order or at least send out an email explaining quantities are low and to order now if you want it.

Also, bundling both shows together in a "limited edition" package without simply allowing both shows to be ordered on their own isn't fair. Especially if you're not made out of money and just laid down money for the festivals.

If management is gonna rape me, at least let me have a few weeks after buying tickets so my funds can refill to buy more limited edition merch.
    I think you’re coming at this with an undue sense of entitlement. Again, it’s a capitalistic economy, and if a set will sell at $50, which it clearly does, than that’s why they should charge for it. Not everyone is entitled to have a copy of their merchandise. If someone can’t afford everything, you pick and choose what you can afford and what’s worth your money.

There’s nothing “unfair” about it. I can’t afford a Porsche, that doesn’t make it unfair. It means I need to save more if that’s something I want.
    Old 05-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #1604
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

They should have simply taken every pre-order sending a message to those who didn't pre-order in time before supplies ran out the first time there will be a delay in ful-filling the orders of the rest of the pre-orders. After that, send out another warning this next run is it if this will truly be a limited time release.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #1605
    rwwest7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Personally, I’ve never been too concerned with the rarity of an item. If I like it, I’ll buy it. If I don’t, I don’t. But I understand the appeal/potential increase in value of a rare item.

I’m not one to purchase a rare item to resell it later for profit though, but I can understand those that do and scalping. It’s a capitalistic society, and just like with the stock market, if you see something that’s undervalued, you buy it and hold it until the market catches up with its value.

As for acquiring it through other means, I don’t support unauthorized downloading. No matter how you try to justify it to yourself, stealing is stealing.

I have no doubt they aren't sold out and it will be back up, but be as honest Abe as you want but to me if they don't want to make another so I can gladly pay for it then I will get it by other means with a clear mind. I have already pre-ordered this and paid my crazy shipping prices, everything I can pay for I gladly do.
    Old 05-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #1606
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
    They also even bitch about other people bitching, don't they?
    I had to wait to buy it because I did not have enough money when it first went on sale. Thanks for contributing though jackass.
    no prob.
    mcwyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #1607
    DMBNate23

Shows Seen: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Has anybody mentioned that the preorder on iTunes comes with Funny the Way It Is as a bonus track?
    DMBNate23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #1608
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBNate23 View Post
    Has anybody mentioned that the preorder on iTunes comes with Funny the Way It Is as a bonus track?
    HOLY SHIT I NEED TO ORDER THIS ON ITUNES NOW!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #1609
    Keyz
    1 owdah frin fry!!!!

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post

You do realize that there are artists that are thankful for this because this is how they became famous? Jack Johnson is open to people downloading his music for free (illegally). It's how his name got out there. These artists make enough money on tour as is. So I completely disagree with the point you're trying to make.
    Keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #1610
    rwwest7

My Tour Central Stats

If they don't want us "stealing" those old Warehouse discs they would make more of them, but until they do.....
    Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #1611
    Bearclaw_

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

So word is the dual show set won't be back?

Kind of going back and forth in this thread. Just curious. Would have liked to get it.
    Bearclaw_ is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #1612
    Gears0413

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have no doubt they aren't sold out and it will be back up, but be as honest Abe as you want but to me if they don't want to make another so I can gladly pay for it then I will get it by other means with a clear mind. I have already pre-ordered this and paid my crazy shipping prices, everything I can pay for I gladly do.

The bold is exactly how I feel. I love this band. I was at both nights of Wrigley. I didn't have enough money set aside to make the purchase of the box set as I want both nights. If there was another chance to purchase, as I do have the money now for this, I'd purchase it in a hot minute.

Gears
    Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #1613
    Gears0413

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Purchased my 3 day pass for Gorge (I live in Portland, OR), so that took a huge chunk out of my fun money I have set aside for shows, music, etc. Had to replenish some funds since, and I now have the money to make the order, but now the box set might not even be available anymore for good.

Not having the at least both shows available seems ridiculous to me. I can understand if there was some kind of item (like a signed poster, etc) as the "limited" item, but the music itself? In my opinion, that's weak. It's a full show, not a WH bonus disc which I understand is for those who are WH members, which I am. Making a full show "limited" doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps it's because we haven't seen anything like that with DMB releases.

We'll see what happens. Patiently waiting...

Gears
    Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #1614
    Trippingchris
    Zombie Happens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gears0413 View Post
    Purchased my 3 day pass for Gorge (I live in Portland, OR), so that took a huge chunk out of my fun money I have set aside for shows, music, etc. Had to replenish some funds since, and I now have the money to make the order, but now the box set might not even be available anymore for good.

Not having the at least both shows available seems ridiculous to me. I can understand if there was some kind of item (like a signed poster, etc) as the "limited" item, but the music itself? In my opinion, that's weak. It's a full show, not a WH bonus disc which I understand is for those who are WH members, which I am. Making a full show "limited" doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps it's because we haven't seen anything like that with DMB releases.

We'll see what happens. Patiently waiting...

Gears
    Exactly my point! And if they had N1 available, but sold out of the box, we'd wouldn't feel like we lost out on being able to get both shows because we couldn't fork over the cash as soon as pre-orders started.
    Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #1615
    Jan-Willem
    1430/3000

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I think they're just working on a payment plan for this. Be patient...
    Jan-Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #1616
    raven20

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

the post on the site reads, "The Wrigley Double Play Box is temporarily unavailable."

without back-reading, was there some piece of info provided by somone stating that the 2 night box will be gone for good? Temporarily should just simply mean temporarliy. If they've already burned through their inventory I'm sure it's high on the list to replenish the stock as it is making them money.
    raven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #1617
    Flip36
    FIGHT OWEN FIGHT!

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by raven20 View Post
    the post on the site reads, "The Wrigley Double Play Box is temporarily unavailable."

without back-reading, was there some piece of info provided by somone stating that the 2 night box will be gone for good? Temporarily should just simply mean temporarliy. If they've already burned through their inventory I'm sure it's high on the list to replenish the stock as it is making them money.
    it was listed as "limited edition" which would apply "supplies limited", IMO.
    Stop comparing albums. Every album is different. Thats the point of making a new album, to create something new and different. To evolve. just sit back relax and go with the flow.
    [{46}] show's since [{'99}]!
    Flip36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #1618
    jmccully61

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Personally, I believe they made X number of box sets based on the number of box sets they have sold in the past, aka, Europe, Red Rocks 2005, Big Whiskey, and Gorge 2002. However, I believe they produced less than what the normal was for the other box sets based on some variable. The variable could be anything under the sun, but I am guessing it is one of three things. First, the economy sucks, and they thought that very few people would pay $50 or $60 bucks for the set. Second, retailers have begun to carry less inventory because consumers are not buying items as quickly before, and inventory sitting on shelves is basically cash sitting on shelves not earning a return. On the other hand, production costs have increased when compared to previous box sets. Therefore, their return on investment, not profit margin, would be too low. The difference between the two is the following.

Imagine it costs $1,000 to create a on a product for work, and you develop two plans. For this example, once the project is completed your company receives the $1,000, and the consumer does not care how long it takes to complete. Plan A costs $900, and would take 6 months to complete. Plan B costs $850, but would take 12 months to complete. Even though Plan A has a $100 return compared to B's $150. The $100 from Project A can be reinvested back into the company faster, and withing 12 months Project A would have a total return on investment of $200 compared to B's $150.

Profit margin on a product is how much cash is left over after expenses. In the example above, assuming time is irrelevant, Plan A only returns 10% compared to B's 15%.

The reason I brought this up is that MusicToday is a company designed to make a profit. In the current economy, liquid cash is more important than ever, and therefore business's need to create products increase cash flow. Without cash, a business is F*****. For a moment, consider that MusicToday is similar to the example above, and they have X amount of cash to spend this year creating Live Releases, Live Traxs, Live Series, etc. If the box set is Plan B, and MusicToday cares more about how quickly they sell a product compared to how much they make, then they might not have created many Wrigley Box Sets. Maybe, the $50 box sets do not sell well when compared to the entire DMB merchandise market. Ya'll need to remember that the Ants community is a very small percentage of DMB's total fan base, and even though the box sets would sell very well among us, they might not sell well to the general fan base.

With all that said, I personally believe they made a smaller amount than usual, and did not expect to sell out before the pre order deadline. The store on their website still lists it as temporarily unavailable, and their is still a picture of the Box Set on the front page of the online store that says full two night cd set with limited edition collectors box. My point is why list the product at temporarily unavailable and still have a picture of the image on the front page if they dont intend to make some more? I do believe they will make a second set, but this will be a limited run. I have been following DMB since 1994, I am an original member of Warehouse; the only limited edition releases related to music products have been either the bonus disk if you order early, some of the bonus disks could only have been obtained through pre order on Warehouse (Some Devil Bonus CD and CP Bonus Disk), the vinyl BTCS, and of course the annual Warehouse CDs but they are not really official releases to the public
    jmccully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #1619
    rwwest7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by raven20 View Post

Its still a pre-order, if they know more are being made why take it dow in the first place.
    Old 05-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #1620
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Its still a pre-order, if they know more are being made why take it dow in the first place.
    Because odds are they aren’t going to be ready to ship on the 27th. So, rather than upset people with late delivery, they’ve taken it down until they know when/if they’ll have more.