~Official Pearl Jam Appreciation Thread~ - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #91
Rob D
check.

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ~Official Pearl Jam Appreciation Thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
Welcome to the
PEARL JAM RUMOR PIT
Bootleg Update - August 24, 2005

Hey Jammers! We hope you're all geared up and ready for the U.S./Canadian shows. We're passing along this exciting news on the 2005 digital bootlegs!

Pearl Jam's Bootleg Program Goes Digital
Beginning September 1

High-Quality, DRM-Free, Digital Recordings Available Just Hours After the
Band's Live Shows at WWW.PEARLJAM.COM

SEATTLE - Beginning with Pearl Jam's sold out concert at the Gorge in George, Washington on September 1, the band will begin releasing high quality digital downloads of their live shows exclusively at www.pearljam.com. The digital downloads will be available for most of the band's 2005 Canadian and US dates just hours after each show has ended; they will include special downloadable artwork and a slideshow specific to each night's show.

Pearl Jam's "digital bootlegs" will be professionally mixed in real-time at each show by Pearl Jam's longtime studio and live engineer, Brett Eliason. Eliason's company, Basecamp Productions, developed the software application that delivers and manages digital downloads. Pearl Jam has opted to encode the digital files at a higher than standard bit rate (192k) in an effort to balance manageable file sizes with very good sound quality. The cost is $9.99 per show.

The "digital bootlegs" are an extension of Pearl Jam's official bootleg CD program which was launched on the band's 2000 world tour; over three million bootlegs have been sold since the program's inception. "The concept for the bootlegs has always been about providing high quality recordings of our shows at an affordable price for the fans who collect them. A lot of the band's fans want to own a copy of the live show they saw in their hometown, or a particularly standout show they hear about from other fans. Making the bootlegs available in digital form is just a natural evolution for the bootleg CD program, and a response to more and more fans turning to the web to buy their music," said the band's manager, Kelly Curtis.

Pearl Jam's "digital bootlegs" are high resolution digital files that will be released without DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that fans can burn them to disc, transfer to them to MP3 players or an iPod, or play them from their hard drives. "The decision to exclude the DRM is unprecedented for a band of this size, but it's consistent with the band's sensibilities," says Tim Bierman, manager of the Pearl Jam Ten Club, which will oversee the digital bootleg program. "We want to make it as hassle-free as possible for someone to listen to a show they've downloaded regardless of what music-playing device they use," Bierman adds.

The technology supporting the "digital bootlegs" is provided by Basecamp Productions (www.basecampproductions.com). Basecamp Productions was founded by long-time Pearl Jam sound engineer Brett Eliason, and his business partner Joshua James. The company combines the expertise of Eliason - who was the technical architect of the Pearl Jam bootleg series from the 2000 and 2003 world tours - with Basecamp Production's proprietary software that delivers and manages digital downloads.

"The mission of Basecamp Productions is to provide artists with the ability to create their own branded online download systems so that they can sell high quality digital files through their websites, rather than re-directing traffic to a 3rd party website, explains Basecamp Productions' co-founder, Brett Eliason. He adds, "The Basecamp system integrates with the artists' existing website, allowing fans to download music direct from the artist."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To all the new subscribers and new fans - welcome aboard! Here's the current list of tour dates and we hope to see you on the Message Board (http://forums.pearljam.com) where everyone will be sharing their concert memories!

U.S. and Canadian Tour Dates

August
29 Missoula, MT Adams Event Center (benefit)

September
1 George, WA The Gorge
2 Vancouver GM Place
4 Calgary Pengrowth Saddledome
5 Edmonton Rexall Place
7 Saskatoon Credit Union Centre
8 Winnipeg MTS Centre
9 Thunder Bay Ft. William Gardens
11 Kitchener Memorial Auditorium
12 London John Labatt Centre
13 Hamilton Copps Coliseum
15 Montreal Bell Centre
16 Ottawa Corel Centre
19 Toronto Air Canada Centre
20 Quebec City Colisee Pepsi Arena
22 Halifax Metro Centre
24 St. John's NFLD Mile One Stadium
25 St. John's NFLD Mile One Stadium
28 Pittsburgh, PA PNC Park (opening for Rolling Stones)
30 Atlantic City, NJ The Borgata

October
1 Atlantic City, NJ The Borgata
3 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
Peace and much love,
Kat and Sea
digitalkat@aol.com
ofthesea@aol.com

P.S. Ten Club Newsletter coming soon! And don't forget that something "big and free" is still to come.
i like the big and free idea...hopefully somewhere on the east coast...

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-24-2005, 01:34 PM   #92
    Gary!
    giggity giggity

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob D
    i like the big and free idea...hopefully somewhere on the east coast...
    i've been offering that for years. the ladies don't seem interested.
    Gary! is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #93
    Rob D
    check.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gary!
    i've been offering that for years. the ladies don't seem interested.
    ahem...bring it the east coast and you've got at least one taker...
    Old 08-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #94
    brendangen412
    Plumbing Joe

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

i hope they stilll release them as CDs. i don't like this whole digital download thingy
    Sweeping the Ghettos of DMBc
    brendangen412 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #95
    Rob D
    check.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brendangen412
    i hope they stilll release them as CDs. i don't like this whole digital download thingy
    agreed. they're collectible.
    Old 08-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #96
    brendangen412
    Plumbing Joe

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    agreed. they're collectible.
    yup, i have a whole mountain of them from 2003, and a couple 2000, so i want to add more. plus, if my burnt discs get fucked up, i dont want to have to download them all over again
    Old 08-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #97
    SoapSuds41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Go PJ! Vedder is a daddy.
    SoapSuds41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #98
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoapSuds41
    Go PJ! Vedder is a daddy.
    Do you mean that in the literal sense? Because Ed's already been a daddy for well over a year, he and his wife have a son. Unless you're talking about another? If so I hadn't even realized she was preggers again

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #99
    SoapSuds41

My Tour Central Stats

eh, I don't keep up with news on famous people, I accidently found out a few weeks ago that he had a kid.
    SoapSuds41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #100
    Popeye2003

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

They're coming to Brazil

(sb) [HR]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBTX10101
    It's one thing to branch out. It's another to branch out right into a brick wall.
    Popeye2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #101
    Newfiedmbfan

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I am going to the 9/22, 9/24, 9/25 shows. Can't wait. I am curious to what this big and free thing is all about...any guesses
    Old 08-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #102
    Popeye2003

My Tour Central Stats

Dunno if this has been posted here... better twice than no time at all, I think.

New song, will be in the next album:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/curiosi...ew%20Song).mp3

(sb) [HR]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBTX10101
    It's one thing to branch out. It's another to branch out right into a brick wall.
    Popeye2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #103
    jstate24

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

pj is my favorite band, they put on an incredible show
    jstate24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2005, 07:19 PM   #104
    Mickey Carson

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Exciting news from those of us who will be seeing PJ @ the Gorge in 5 days

From Pearl Jam's homepage:

Pearl Jam's Bootleg Program
    Goes Digital Beginning September 1

High-Quality, DRM-Free,
    Digital Recordings Available Just
    Hours After the Band's Live Shows at WWW.PEARLJAM.COM

SEATTLE –Beginning with Pearl Jam's sold out concert at the Gorge in George, Washington on September 1, the band will begin releasing high quality digital downloads of their live shows exclusively at www.pearljam.com. The digital downloads will be available for most of the band's 2005 Canadian and US dates just hours after each show has ended; they will include special downloadable artwork and a slideshow specific to each night's show.

Pearl Jam's "digital bootlegs" will be professionally mixed in real-time at each show by Pearl Jam's longtime studio and live engineer, Brett Eliason. Eliason's company, Basecamp Productions, developed the software application that delivers and manages digital downloads. Pearl Jam has opted to encode the digital files at a higher than standard bit rate (192k) in an effort to balance manageable file sizes with very good sound quality. The cost is $9.99 per show.

The "digital bootlegs" are an extension of Pearl Jam's official bootleg CD program which was launched on the band's 2000 world tour; over three million bootlegs have been sold since the program's inception. "The concept for the bootlegs has always been about providing high quality recordings of our shows at an affordable price for the fans who collect them. A lot of the band's fans want to own a copy of the live show they saw in their hometown, or a particularly standout show they hear about from other fans. Making the bootlegs available in digital form is just a natural evolution for the bootleg CD program, and a response to more and more fans turning to the web to buy their music," said the band's manager, Kelly Curtis.

Pearl Jam's "digital bootlegs" are high resolution digital files that will be released without DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that fans can burn them to disc, transfer to them to MP3 players or an iPod, or play them from their hard drives. "The decision to exclude the DRM is unprecedented for a band of this size, but it's consistent with the band's sensibilities," says Tim Bierman, manager of the Pearl Jam Ten Club, which will oversee the digital bootleg program. "We want to make it as hassle-free as possible for someone to listen to a show they've downloaded regardless of what music-playing device they use," Bierman adds.

The technology supporting the "digital bootlegs" is provided by Basecamp Productions (www.basecampproductions.com). Basecamp Productions was founded by long-time Pearl Jam sound engineer Brett Eliason, and his business partner Joshua James. The company combines the expertise of Eliason - who was the technical architect of the Pearl Jam bootleg series from the 2000 and 2003 world tours - with Basecamp Production's proprietary software that delivers and manages digital downloads.

"The mission of Basecamp Productions is to provide artists with the ability to create their own branded online download systems so that they can sell high quality digital files through their websites, rather than re-directing traffic to a 3rd party website, explains Basecamp Productions' co-founder, Brett Eliason. He adds, "The Basecamp system integrates with the artists' existing website, allowing fans to download music direct from the artist."
    Mickey Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #105
    Rob D
    check.

My Tour Central Stats

^scroll to the top of the page, dude.
    Old 08-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #106
    bdfresh62

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mickey Carson
    Exciting news from those of us who will be seeing PJ @ the Gorge in 5 days

From Pearl Jam's homepage:

Pearl Jam's Bootleg Program
    Goes Digital Beginning September 1

High-Quality, DRM-Free,
    Digital Recordings Available Just
    Hours After the Band's Live Shows at WWW.PEARLJAM.COM

SEATTLE –Beginning with Pearl Jam's sold out concert at the Gorge in George, Washington on September 1, the band will begin releasing high quality digital downloads of their live shows exclusively at www.pearljam.com. The digital downloads will be available for most of the band's 2005 Canadian and US dates just hours after each show has ended; they will include special downloadable artwork and a slideshow specific to each night's show.

Dang 9.99 for a digital download. Thats a great price.

My Stats
    bdfresh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #107
    Mickey Carson

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ^scroll to the top of the page, dude.
    gotcha
    Old 08-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #108
    Fresh41

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I am psyched for the show tomorrow, DMB and PJ at the Gorge within two weeks of each other? Doesn't get a whole lot better. I am also going to Tom Petty/Black Crowes on Friday, heading back to Seattle on Saturday for Bumbershoot (John Butler, Citizen Cope, and Trey on sat.) It's my fucking dream weekend.

Anyway, I think we'll hear new stuff from the upcoming album for sure, but I have a feeling they are going to put on a really long crowd-pleaser of a show.Anybody else that is going have any predictions as to what we'll hear? Any surprises?
    Fresh41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2005, 12:00 PM   #109
    Gary!
    giggity giggity

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

sounds like a hell of a weekend.

i don't have any predictions for you but i'm jealous -- should be a great show.
    Gary! is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2005, 12:05 PM   #110
    Rob D
    check.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fresh41
    I am psyched for the show tomorrow, DMB and PJ at the Gorge within two weeks of each other? Doesn't get a whole lot better. I am also going to Tom Petty/Black Crowes on Friday, heading back to Seattle on Saturday for Bumbershoot (John Butler, Citizen Cope, and Trey on sat.) It's my fucking dream weekend.

Anyway, I think we'll hear new stuff from the upcoming album for sure, but I have a feeling they are going to put on a really long crowd-pleaser of a show.Anybody else that is going have any predictions as to what we'll hear? Any surprises?
    the thing i love about the gorge is that there isn't any communities any near the damn place that could strike the fear into the venue if show's are too loud/long. the gorge still stands as the best place i've ever seen a show (w/out having been to alpine, deer creek or red rocks...yet).
    Old 08-31-2005, 01:12 PM   #111
    fatpoint

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brendangen412
    From pearljam.com

Will Pearl Jam release CDs of their live shows through their official bootleg program, too, or are the digital bootlegs replacing that?
    We are working on a making a limited number of the bootlegs available as CDs for release through the Ten Club after the tour. We may also make some of the most popular shows available at retail. We'll keep you posted on this.
    Old 08-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #112
    giantsfan

My Tour Central Stats

whens their new disc supposed to be comin out?
    giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #113
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twk13
    whens their new disc supposed to be comin out?
    This week's Rolling Stone says early 2006.
    Old 08-31-2005, 03:09 PM   #114
    Fresh41

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the thing i love about the gorge is that there isn't any communities any near the damn place that could strike the fear into the venue if show's are too loud/long. the gorge still stands as the best place i've ever seen a show (w/out having been to alpine, deer creek or red rocks...yet).
    Yeah that is a huge plus of going in the middle of nowhere for a show. I haven't been to alpine, deer creek, or red rocks either (someday) but in my 100% completely biased opinion the Gorge has to be superior
    Fresh41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2005, 03:40 PM   #115
    brendangen412
    Plumbing Joe

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatpoint
    From pearljam.com

Will Pearl Jam release CDs of their live shows through their official bootleg program, too, or are the digital bootlegs replacing that?
    We are working on a making a limited number of the bootlegs available as CDs for release through the Ten Club after the tour. We may also make some of the most popular shows available at retail. We'll keep you posted on this.
    WOOHOO!
    Old 08-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #116
    Mickey Carson

My Tour Central Stats

A co-worker of mine was at the Missoula show on Monday and was blown away. Band played for about 2.5 hours...he said that Eddie was obviously drunk before coming on stage and drank at least another bottle of wine and several Heinekens during the performance. He said they were great obviously.

EDIT: Here's the setlist...

August 29, 2005
    Missoula, Montana
    Adams Event Center

MFC
    Save You
    Do The Evolution
    1/2 Full
    Insignificance
    Given to Fly
    Sad
    Even Flow
    Faithful
    Daughter/(tag to music of Another Brick in the Wall with improvised words)
    Lukin
    Grievance (Intro only)
    Whipping
    I Got Id
    Nothing As it Seems
    Rearviewmirror
    ------------
    Small Town
    Sleight of Hand
    Black
    Glorified G
    Alive
    -------------
    Bee Girl
    Black Red Yellow
    Betterman
    Porch
    -------------
    Yellow Ledbetter

Last edited by Mickey Carson; 08-31-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    Old 08-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #117
    brendangen412
    Plumbing Joe

My Tour Central Stats

Radiohead and Pearl Jam are the only bands still touring that I really need to see.
    Old 08-31-2005, 03:50 PM   #118
    mojo1210
    quitting @ 6,666

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fresh41
    I am also going to Tom Petty/Black Crowes on Friday
    man your in for a kick ass show. saw them last night at red rocks. black crowes fucking rocked. petty was stellar. so much energy. killer songs. busted out "handle with care" and i got to hear "crawling back to you" a personal favorite. enjoy
    mojo1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2005, 08:41 PM   #119
    Biscuit78
    N.C. State Wolfpack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mickey Carson
    A co-worker of mine was at the Missoula show on Monday and was blown away. Band played for about 2.5 hours...he said that Eddie was obviously drunk before coming on stage and drank at least another bottle of wine and several Heinekens during the performance. He said they were great obviously.

Bee Girl
    This song tells me that Ed was shit faced!
    Old 08-31-2005, 08:44 PM   #120
    Biscuit78
    N.C. State Wolfpack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I will definately be downloading this show a couple of hours after completion.