last verse of grey street - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #61
BringBackButchT

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: last verse of grey street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Jeremy View Post
This blew my mind tonight! After hearing them end the second verse and go into the chorus... Some of the crowd seemed to know what was going on. Then the third verse started, and you could hear some of the crowd get as excited as I was sitting on my living room couch listening to the SiriusXM broadcast! Glad to hear I wasn't alone in how happy that made me tonight!

I heard the reaction on the Sirius broadcast but I missed the slow realization when the 2nd chorus is the original length ... you can see people in the pit being like "oh shit are they gonna do it?" Great stuff
BringBackButchT is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-25-2021, 01:42 PM   #62
    Andy Meeks

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kgod View Post
    Do any of the live trax recordings have the 3d verse? I have almost all of them and I haven't found it yet!
    It’s on LT3 and 16. Both are from 2000, so the words aren’t set in stone, but there is a third verse.

Also, you can find it twice on the complete Gorge 2002 box set.
    Andy Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #63
    RMinor205

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do any of the live trax recordings have the 3d verse? I have almost all of them and I haven't found it yet!
    The Warehouse 5 V2 has the 3rd verse. It's a 2001 performance from Soldier Field and the lyrics are pretty set by time they performed this. I can send you the song if you'd like it.
    RMinor205 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #64
    Gravedigger789

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RMinor205 View Post
    The Warehouse 5 V2 has the 3rd verse. It's a 2001 performance from Soldier Field and the lyrics are pretty set by time they performed this. I can send you the song if you'd like it.

To me (and I think many here), this is THE Grey Street. Perfection AND it opened the show.
    I will when I can
    Gravedigger789 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #65
    Rnk13

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The LT3 Grey Street will probably always be my favorite. Not only the third verse, but the pace and build of the song is just perfect.
    Rnk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 08:28 AM   #66
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RMinor205 View Post

https://youtu.be/rk0ODo_SB2I
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 12:08 AM   #67
    Dagwin

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I was at that concert at Soldier Field. It's one of the first things I had ever done with my future wife at the time (although we're now divorced).

She was a bank teller where I used to bank, and she started at that job in 2001. I used to flirt with her a lot, and one day in June of that year, I kind of jokingly asked her if she'd like to go see them with me at Soldier Field (and we're from Michigan in the suburbs of Detroit). I already had the tickets, as an ex of mine and I were supposed to go. But to my surprise, she said she would go with me, but that we'd at least have to go on a date or two before she would jump on a plane to Chicago with me, lol. And that I needed to meet her parents before the trip, too.

The good old days. Great concert. It was extremely hot that day, too. But a great show. And despite that we're divorced now, we're still on good terms and we have a 14-year-old son together.
    Dagwin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2021, 05:38 PM   #68
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Grey Street is amazing again. Holy shit. Third verse aside, they’ve slowed it down nearly to where it was in 2000. It doesn’t sound like they’re rushing through it to catch an 11:45 PM flight at the nearest airport anymore.

It was a nice surprise for me at the SYR show last night because I’ve only watched a couple livestreams this year… haven’t checked out any footage of the band online besides that. One of the two streams I watched (Ralegh) had Grey Street but I didn’t realize the tempo improvement for some reason. (And didn’t read the most recent page of this thread either, apparently).

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2021, 08:18 PM   #69
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Grey Street is amazing again. Holy shit. Third verse aside, they’ve slowed it down nearly to where it was in 2000. It doesn’t sound like they’re rushing through it to catch an 11:45 PM flight at the nearest airport anymore.

It was a nice surprise for me at the SYR show last night because I’ve only watched a couple livestreams this year… haven’t checked out any footage of the band online besides that. One of the two streams I watched (Ralegh) had Grey Street but I didn’t realize the tempo improvement for some reason. (And didn’t read the most recent page of this thread either, apparently).
    It's a +1 again. Third Verse aside, It's actually listenable again. It's ALL Dave's guitar, and it's noticeably slower.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2021, 08:56 PM   #70
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post

Yeah I couldn’t care less about the third verse. I just like that it doesn’t sound like it’s on crack now.

Like this-

https://youtu.be/qyFvNpM2qQ4
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-20-2021, 12:00 AM   #71
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I like the 3rd verse, and I like the pace of the song this year no doubt. Still very bothered by Rashawn on this one. The horns are still way too heavy. I’m not a fan of both horns playing the same lines in the song. It’s too much. Let the music breath damnit. Same thing with the solo section. The dueling is much played out, just let Jeff rip a solo without Rashawn.

I’m scared the 3rd verse will go away again, either some point this tour, or next tour. I hate the ways of Dmb sometimes. I just don’t trust them to keep this around. Generally they tend shelve good things like this. Ugh
    Old 08-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #72
    HonestDenver1

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    I like the 3rd verse, and I like the pace of the song this year no doubt. Still very bothered by Rashawn on this one. The horns are still way too heavy. I’m not a fan of both horns playing the same lines in the song. It’s too much. Let the music breath damnit. Same thing with the solo section. The dueling is much played out, just let Jeff rip a solo without Rashawn.

I’m scared the 3rd verse will go away again, either some point this tour, or next tour. I hate the ways of Dmb sometimes. I just don’t trust them to keep this around. Generally they tend shelve good things like this. Ugh
    I 100 percent agree.. song needs some air.. it’s not a rock song just because it’s a fan favorite.. slow it down a bit more.. lose the crazy dueling horns.. but that’s the bands go to on endings now..

The dueling horns are way different than the dueling violin and Sax…which they are desperately trying to imitate… but it’s Too much and overused..

Yes. I think this band is a creature of comfort …they’ll likely drop it next year.
    HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote