Dating is miserable - Page 1659 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-20-2018, 01:59 AM   #49741
tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

That's ridiculous and dumb, I changed it back.
tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #49742
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Good job lol
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #49743
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    Someone told me about the app Hinge.

Pros:

the conversations seem to be better

Cons:

I can't say outlandish shit because I have mutual friends with the girls
    Girls are so fucking unoriginal. Every single one answers "Where to find me at the party" with "Petting the dog/with the dog"
    When you're hot you don't have to ever put forth any effort. If you're ugly and do this, you're just lazy.
    Old 04-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #49744
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Not sure if anyone has had a similar experience to this so figured id see if anyone could offer advice.

One of, if not my closest friend in the world is this girl ive known since HS. We started as close friends then ended up dating for a month our senior year, it didnt work out, with how emotions fire off left and right at that age it just wasnt right. After some time passed we reconciled and remained friends through college and beyond and saw eachother here and there. We both dated a bunch of other people but always talked until I got serious with me ex-fiancee and against my better judgement I allowed her to convince me to cut ties with her. Since that ended last summer weve become very close again. Theres always felt like theres something still there between us even though shes been dating someone for almost a year, but im so used to us just being friends its wasnt even something on my radar until the last few months.

A few times shes beaten around the bush about us trying to date again, as recently as this morning. She brings it up in a roundabout way, then backs off, Ill push the issue to get her to say whats on her mind then she turtles and ignores me. Personally, I think I would be open to exploring it because those feelings ive buried never have fully gone away even though its easy to put them aside and just be friends.

Im just at that point where I dont know if I should bring it up next time I see her in person just to see her reaction and what she says, or to just let it go and wait for her to say something if shes ready. We have always had a kind of odd hot and cold relationship in the 12 years weve known one another, so its hard to approach.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #49745
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Not sure if anyone has had a similar experience to this so figured id see if anyone could offer advice.

One of, if not my closest friend in the world is this girl ive known since HS. We started as close friends then ended up dating for a month our senior year, it didnt work out, with how emotions fire off left and right at that age it just wasnt right. After some time passed we reconciled and remained friends through college and beyond and saw eachother here and there. We both dated a bunch of other people but always talked until I got serious with me ex-fiancee and against my better judgement I allowed her to convince me to cut ties with her. Since that ended last summer weve become very close again. Theres always felt like theres something still there between us even though shes been dating someone for almost a year, but im so used to us just being friends its wasnt even something on my radar until the last few months.

A few times shes beaten around the bush about us trying to date again, as recently as this morning. She brings it up in a roundabout way, then backs off, Ill push the issue to get her to say whats on her mind then she turtles and ignores me. Personally, I think I would be open to exploring it because those feelings ive buried never have fully gone away even though its easy to put them aside and just be friends.

Im just at that point where I dont know if I should bring it up next time I see her in person just to see her reaction and what she says, or to just let it go and wait for her to say something if shes ready. We have always had a kind of odd hot and cold relationship in the 12 years weve known one another, so its hard to approach.
    One thought is don’t attack this head on. Like a big talk or make it a direct yes or no question for her. Don’t ask permission or anything.

Flirt, be funny, witty, awesome. Texting is great for this. Ask he to send you a pic or two so you can see how pretty she looks (in your own words). Be subtle but interested. She if she wants one back.

Keep lobbing game over the net and see if she hits it back.

Find out the anwer to your questions without even asking.

Then, if your getting a good vibe, get together and get drunk and see if she’ll make out.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #49746
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    One thought is don’t attack this head on. Like a big talk or make it a direct yes or no question for her. Don’t ask permission or anything.

Flirt, be funny, witty, awesome. Texting is great for this. Ask he to send you a pic or two so you can see how pretty she looks (in your own words). Be subtle but interested. She if she wants one back.

Keep lobbing game over the net and see if she hits it back.

Find out the anwer to your questions without even asking.

Then, if your getting a good vibe, get together and get drunk and see if she’ll make out.

Eh for the way our relationship is that really doesnt work. Ive been playing that game with her for years, literally. We text all the time and send eachother stupid shit to laugh at etc.

After my fiancee and I split, oddly enough, as if a sign from the universe, she texted me out of the blue when I was literally driving back to my parents house because I had to move out of the place I lived with my ex in. I ended up calling her and we had a long discussion and I admitted to her my feelings never went away so that partially led to my ex-communication toward her. So she knows I still have something there. I think thats whats clearly stirred stuff up in her mind. The ball is in her court, I just cant really figure out why she wont just come out and say it, but thats women for you in general.

Im in no rush to push this, its just becoming hard to ignore.

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastPig; 04-27-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    Old 04-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #49747
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

shoot your shot

Last edited by jcc522; 04-27-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    jcc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #49748
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Just ask her out and be assertive. This might be all you need. If she says no then she says no. Then you can get on bumble and bang some strange. Good luck.
    Old 04-27-2018, 10:18 AM   #49749
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Just ask her out and be assertive. This might be all you need. If she says no then she says no. Then you can get on bumble and bang some strange. Good luck.
    Hard to just ask her out when shes has a BF

Im trying not to ruin a friendship here at the same time. Im continuing to push the issue with her via text but I dont think im gonna get an answer our of her til I do it in person.

Quote:
    Old 04-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #49750
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Im trying not to ruin a friendship here at the same time. Im continuing to push the issue with her via text but I dont think im gonna get an answer our of her til I do it in person.
    do you have any way of coming together with her in a social setting where you may be able to get some alone time with her? get some booze and I feel like that could be a good way for some progress to be made.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    Antsmarching.org: Came for the DMBc, stayed for the nDMBc.
    TheLastStop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #49751
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 View Post
    do you have any way of coming together with her in a social setting where you may be able to get some alone time with her? get some booze and I feel like that could be a good way for some progress to be made.
    Yeah we hang out alone every now and again.

It will happen again sooner than later. Ill have a chance.

Quote:
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #49752
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Ah shit I didn't see that. Ignore her then. If you asked her out or yall hooked up while she's dating then she's a thot. That's a total turn off imo

Ignore her and move on and if she deep down really likes you she'll dump him and pursue you. Losing a friend who is a girl (in my experiences) is not a huge deal in the big picture. The sexual tension will lead to jealousy and you'll always be tempted if you have a GF or whatever. Not worth it. Male camaraderie is so much better and more fulfilling.
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #49753
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah we hang out alone every now and again.

It will happen again sooner than later. Ill have a chance.
    Sounds like you pretty much know what to do. Don't blame you for needing to talk about it though.
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #49754
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I mean im not trying to get her to cheat at all. Her bf is a good dude actually and I know how that feels on the other end.

She was drunk texting me randomly last night complaining about how shes jealous her friend found the perfect dude and shes complained in the past about other stuff about him so I dont expect this relationship shes in to last.

The sexual tension was brutal for a long period before I was with my ex. Im not exaggerating at all when I say when we were in HS she backed out on us having sex with my penis an inch from her vag. Took me a long fucking time to get past that but I have, now all this shit seems to be stirring up again.

I sent her a "as soon as I ask about what you brought up you go silent, surely you see how confusing that is" text. Ill let her sit on that til she decides to respond.

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastPig; 04-27-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #49755
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

IMO, you either be really direct and tell her how you feel and see if she'd like to give it a shot or do absolutely nothing. She's been dating a guy a year and it'd be a pretty weak thing to do to meddle with that unless you're willing to lay all of your cards on the table.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:48 AM   #49756
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UNC41 View Post
    IMO, you either be really direct and tell her how you feel and see if she'd like to give it a shot or do absolutely nothing. She's been dating a guy a year and it'd be a pretty weak thing to do to meddle with that unless you're willing to lay all of your cards on the table.
    Being up front really is the only option I have I think. Just gotta time it right is all and I have to do it in person.

Quote:
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #49757
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

I think you just say fuck it. Go for her and don't give a damn about him at all. Who cares if he's a good guy? This is about YOU and your wants and needs. Go for the jackpot. You will probably loose her as a friend if she doesn't want the same thing but having a girl as a friend is worthless IMO
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #49758
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Think about it man...if she goes off and marries that other dude you won't be close with her anyway. But if you go for jackpot you could be marrying her one day.

Lalalala happily ever after with a white picket fence and a dog and 3 kids

Last edited by tyler3440; 04-27-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #49759
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Think about it man...if she goes off and marries that other dude you won't be close with her anyway. But if you go for jackpot you could be marrying her one day.

Lalalala happily ever after with a white picket fence and a dog and 3 kids
    the thing is im not even sure how much I want to date her. I definitely have feelings for her but at the same time Id be fine if she told me she wasnt into it.

I will bring it up to her long before she ever would get engaged to this guy so its not really something im concerned about.

Quote:
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #49760
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I texted my friend complaining about a girl i was friends (that I kept having will they/won't they moments with) who had a boyfriend....but I sent it to that girl by mistake.

It was a mistake but it got the wheels in motion..she left her bf, we got together and now we are married with a 6 year old.
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #49761
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the thing is im not even sure how much I want to date her. I definitely have feelings for her but at the same time Id be fine if she told me she wasnt into it.

I will bring it up to her long before she ever would get engaged to this guy so its not really something im concerned about.
    You're thinking of potentially ruining someone's relationship and not even sure you want to date her? Saying anything would be a shitty thing to do unless you'd be ready to date.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #49762
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're thinking of potentially ruining someone's relationship and not even sure you want to date her? Saying anything would be a shitty thing to do unless you'd be ready to date.
    I mean that was my entire high school-college dating timeline.

It was "the chase"...I finally got my high school dream girl 4 years after high school and as soon as we got together, a few months later that feeling wore off and I was mostly over it
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #49763
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Although I was joking with my answer, I think you should go for her when timing is right. (Just like you said). Who knows maybe she will break up with this guy before you even go for her. Still don't count on it tho.

Last edited by tyler3440; 04-27-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #49764
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No I just mean it as I would if she also did, but wouldnt be devastated if she said no. The games shes played with me in the past and that ive seen her do with others always has had me on edge with getting in a relationship with her.

Quote:
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #49765
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No I just mean it as I would if she also did, but wouldnt be devastated if she said no. The games shes played with me in the past and that ive seen her do with others always has had me on edge with getting in a relationship with her.
    If this is the case you need to let this go and move on. If she wanted to be with you she would.

I’m not saying this to as a dig to you personally. But, if she’s playing games now why would it change in the future? It sounds like the clsssic sitch where you’re her safe option till she decides what to do with this other jabroni and she’s enjoying the attention.

Don’t let her string you along. Don’t sit in her bullpen.

Before you posted all of these details I was going to advise to avoid all of the “talks and what have you and to let things just happen organically.

I stand by that now more than ever. If it happens great. If not sounds like you might be better offf.

Last edited by jrkarger; 04-27-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    jrkarger is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #49766
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrkarger View Post
    If this is the case you need to let this go and move on. If she wanted to be with you she would.

I’m not saying this to as a dig to you personally. But, if she’s playing games now why would it change in the future? It sounds like the clsssic sitch where you’re her safe option till she decides what to do with this other jabroni and she’s enjoying the attention.

Don’t let her string you along. Don’t sit in her bullpen.

Before you posted all of these details I was going to advise to avoid all of the “talks and what have you and to let things just happen organically.

I stand by that now more than ever. If it happens great. If not sounds like you might be better offf.
    We've been friends for so long and both have seen eachother in other relationships I know im not her guy in the bullpen. Its hard to put into words but I just know thats not the case. Our relationship is weird. When we get along its really really great then other times if we disagree or go different ways on some topic it goes hard the other way. That makes me weary of how a relationship with her would be, but doesnt make me like her any less.

In no way am I only focusing on her and not looking around other places. Shes just always been there, we have some kind of weird magnetic connection, no matter what happens we always end up talking and getting along great again. Its gone back and forth more times than I can remember. Its just one of those things where I cant help but feel theres some reason it happens. In many ways, it feels like the cliche "never got the timing right" kind of situation. Thats why I said im in no rush with any of this, if it happens it happens. Its just been on my mind recently and last night/today was another time it got kicked up so I posted about it.

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastPig; 04-27-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:35 PM   #49767
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    I mean that was my entire high school-college dating timeline.

It was "the chase"...I finally got my high school dream girl 4 years after high school and as soon as we got together, a few months later that feeling wore off and I was mostly over it
    Yeah, based on posts it seems he's older than high school or college.

Quote:
    Gotcha. Based on what you've posted, she seems pretty immature. If I was in your scenario and you did get together, I'd have a hard time not thinking she's doing the same thing behind your back she was with her current boyfriend.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #49768
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, based on posts it seems he's older than high school or college.

Im 28. Met her 12 years ago in my junior year English class.

Quote:
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #49769
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We've been friends for so long and both have seen eachother in other relationships I know im not her guy in the bullpen. Its hard to put into words but I just know thats not the case. Our relationship is weird. When we get along its really really great then other times if we disagree or go different ways on some topic it goes hard the other way. That makes me weary of how a relationship with her would be, but doesnt make me like her any less.

In no way am I only focusing on her and not looking around other places. Shes just always been there, we have some kind of weird magnetic connection, no matter what happens we always end up talking and getting along great again. Its gone back and forth more times than I can remember. Its just one of those things where I cant help but feel theres some reason it happens. In many ways, it feels like the cliche "never got the timing right" kind of situation. Thats why I said im in no rush with any of this, if it happens it happens. Its just been on my mind recently and last night/today was another time it got kicked up so I posted about it.

If that’s the case then I still stand by my advice to let things happen naturally. Thats not to say not to look for opportunities to spend time together but more to avoid “the talk”.

Just my two cents

EDIT: I also agree with UNCNumbers about that being in the back of my mind

Last edited by jrkarger; 04-27-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    jrkarger is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #49770
    mdel21

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Just pull it out next time you're with it. Tim Whatley style.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote