** Official Nashville 2019 ** - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #91
UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Nashville 2019 **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
Wow that is interesting.

I did Charlotte, Birmingham, and Nashville. All 3 had epic crowds. Bridgestone I believe is the largest of those 3 arenas, though, and of course it was packed.

I love being able to walk in at 8:30 with zero security line, have a fantastic spot on the floor like 8 people back from the rail due to the band playing 360 degrees. Then Met comes on around 9 and blows it up.

So for this tour I have their "Black Ticket", which is like $500-600 that they sold last March, and there are 500 of them. They let you see unlimited shows on the North American Tour from September 2017 to March 2018, and it comes with early entry. It's genius. And of course it sold out instantly.

When I checked in at Bridgestone, the guy flipped like 4 pages worth of names. He looks at me and says, "Wow I know what you're thinking, I thought the same thing." The other shows I saw had about 30-40 people of those 500 attend them. Nashville? Just over 170 of the 500 were there. That's WILD. Great music city!
That is really cool

My Instagram My Almanac
UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #92
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Trying to rally someone in my friend group to do this with me is like trying to wake the dead. Might do this one solo again like C'Ville 18.
    seanbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #93
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow that is interesting.

I did Charlotte, Birmingham, and Nashville. All 3 had epic crowds. Bridgestone I believe is the largest of those 3 arenas, though, and of course it was packed.

I love being able to walk in at 8:30 with zero security line, have a fantastic spot on the floor like 8 people back from the rail due to the band playing 360 degrees. Then Met comes on around 9 and blows it up.

So for this tour I have their "Black Ticket", which is like $500-600 that they sold last March, and there are 500 of them. They let you see unlimited shows on the North American Tour from September 2017 to March 2018, and it comes with early entry. It's genius. And of course it sold out instantly.

When I checked in at Bridgestone, the guy flipped like 4 pages worth of names. He looks at me and says, "Wow I know what you're thinking, I thought the same thing." The other shows I saw had about 30-40 people of those 500 attend them. Nashville? Just over 170 of the 500 were there. That's WILD. Great music city!
    You got the black ticket?? That's awesome. I remember hearing about it and thinking that was such a killer deal. I wish more bands would do stuff like that.

I was going to add B-ham to my shows but couldn't swing it with work. Met definitely puts on a good show. I'd love to see them some more. Little Rock was my first time seeing them and I knew I'd want to see them as many times as possible especially now that they don't tour like crazy when they were younger. Figured I needed to catch them as many times as possible.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2019, 11:22 AM   #94
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Black Ticket has such a high value to it for such a low price that I am shocked more bands don't do it. It's easy for Metallica because they can just "sell out" the floor to 200 under the normal floor capacity for the 360 stage and be fine. They still earn a quadzillion bucks a show, and it leaves room for the Black Ticket folks and their comps to all be on the floor (without it being a number the fire safety folks would blow up about). For example I had all of Halestorm and some of Korn behind me watching the show.

Yeah I am the same way about them getting older. I caught two stadium shows in 2017, but man it was AGES since their last USA tour before that. I had to travel to NOLA to see a one off in 2012. It looks like in the future it'll be mostly one offs/fly dates where I see them in the USA since I doubt they'll do another USA tour for 6-8 more years. And maybe that's their last one... they're getting up there in age.

Truly a great band that does so much for their fans, more than any other large touring act. Still do Meet & Greets with the fan club at every show, plus VIP Meet & Greets. Exclusive show merch (shirts, etc) for every show. Sell and mix each show professionally (heck this tour they're all free with your ticket). Upload some proshot videos ASAP from every show to YouTube. Always doing cool reissues, vinyl releases of special current shows, etc. The Pop Up Store in the select cities in 2017 was amazing too... super cool merch, basically like a moving Metallica store in each city. Now they have their own beer coming to each city on this current tour. It just doesn't stop, I appreciate that band so much because of how extreme they are for the fanbase.

Catch them as much as possible in the future because they probably only have a decade or so left.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #95
    morecornbread!!
    RIP Boyd

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

We requested GA Pit, well knowing we will probably get denied and put in lower bowl. Imagine this show will sell out pretty quick and be a hard ticket to get (depending on how people with uppers sell their tickets or keep their tickets)
    Old 01-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #96
    Eric Kinser
    LookAtMeDancing

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Put in our requests too. This is a thin year for us. This was basically the only show we can make. Haven't been to Bridgestone yet, and actually have never seen DMB indoors before.

We also requested GA Pits, so we will see. Happy to be going (anxiously awaiting confirmations)!
    Eric Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2019, 05:43 PM   #97
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

seat geek has pits for $72 right now wtf
    Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #98
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks! Got 2, wouldn’t give me 4
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #99
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Got 2 more! $195/pair
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #100
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Took screenshots showing I selected GA PIT, recipients show GA LAWN which isn’t possible
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #101
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Is seatgeek legit?
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #102
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Sure hope so!

Think they’re the 2nd best known after StbHub, downloaded the app
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #103
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Haven’t read their guarantee policy yet
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #104
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

My Tour Central Stats

I’ve never had anything but good experiences with them. I got 2. I’m assuming if it doesn’t work we will know before order is officially processed
    Old 01-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #105
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks again for the heads up!
    Old 01-30-2019, 08:35 PM   #106
    coasty163
    @superwoulfe

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Sure hope so!

Think they’re the 2nd best known after StbHub, downloaded the app
    If youre buying tickets off a ticket resale app/website before tickets go on sale, youre buying tickets that dont exist yet. Even on Stubhub people can list tickets that they dont have yet. This sounds like youre asking to get scammed.
    Old 01-31-2019, 03:59 AM   #107
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coasty163 View Post
    If youre buying tickets off a ticket resale app/website before tickets go on sale, youre buying tickets that dont exist yet. Even on Stubhub people can list tickets that they dont have yet. This sounds like youre asking to get scammed.
    Completely understand how it works; anyone selling now is a speculator, selling now and hoping to secure the tickets later; small possibility of a season ticket holder, Predators season ticket holder, or venue insider; but speculator nonetheless.

But with the guarantees these outfits offer, the worst case is I get my money back from Seat Geek if the tickets are fake or never show up. But also a chance that Seat Geek replaces these bad tickets with replacement Pits or great Reserves (charged to the bad seller) that I got on the cheap.

So I figure it's worth the chance. Wouldn't be surprised if I hear back from Seat Geek about these being cancelled; no loss in that case. I may not know they're fake until I attempt to scan them at the door, but would get to the venue early and then work with Seat Geek for replacements.

Looks like the $76 ones are all sold now, wouldn't be surprised if others have the same concern and start to reach out to Seat Geek. So it probably won't take as long as waiting until the day of and scanning...we'll see how it goes, "working the system", but worth the chance to me!!

Last edited by dmbolp; 01-31-2019 at 04:00 AM.
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2019, 05:45 AM   #108
    beatmichigan100

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Completely understand how it works; anyone selling now is a speculator, selling now and hoping to secure the tickets later; small possibility of a season ticket holder, Predators season ticket holder, or venue insider; but speculator nonetheless.

But with the guarantees these outfits offer, the worst case is I get my money back from Seat Geek if the tickets are fake or never show up. But also a chance that Seat Geek replaces these bad tickets with replacement Pits or great Reserves (charged to the bad seller) that I got on the cheap.

So I figure it's worth the chance. Wouldn't be surprised if I hear back from Seat Geek about these being cancelled; no loss in that case. I may not know they're fake until I attempt to scan them at the door, but would get to the venue early and then work with Seat Geek for replacements.

Looks like the $76 ones are all sold now, wouldn't be surprised if others have the same concern and start to reach out to Seat Geek. So it probably won't take as long as waiting until the day of and scanning...we'll see how it goes, "working the system", but worth the chance to me!!
    Damn - I missed out! Keep us posted how this turns out.
    beatmichigan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2019, 06:10 AM   #109
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Exactly why I got 2, looks like after u bought 6 and I bought 2 they took them down
    Old 01-31-2019, 07:31 AM   #110
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow that is interesting.

What a cool concept... DMB needs to step it up.
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2019, 07:43 AM   #111
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

I had an accident where I sold a ticket on Stub Hub that I had bought through TM. I had gotten another, much better seat that was a will call seat but unfortunately when I picked up my will call ticket they printed both sets of tickets on my account rather than just the new one. This ended up cancelling the previous ticket that I had sold on SH. SH was pretty aggressive in reaching out to me and slapped a nice fine on top of reimbursing the ticket cost. I explained the situation and the rep was understanding but it didn't change the outcome.

That said, it would suck for the ticket to be fake but the site will 100% take care of you.
    Old 01-31-2019, 10:11 AM   #112
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    I had an accident where I sold a ticket on Stub Hub that I had bought through TM. I had gotten another, much better seat that was a will call seat but unfortunately when I picked up my will call ticket they printed both sets of tickets on my account rather than just the new one. This ended up cancelling the previous ticket that I had sold on SH. SH was pretty aggressive in reaching out to me and slapped a nice fine on top of reimbursing the ticket cost. I explained the situation and the rep was understanding but it didn't change the outcome.

That said, it would suck for the ticket to be fake but the site will 100% take care of you.
    Thanks good to hear
    Old 01-31-2019, 10:21 AM   #113
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

I have intentionally bought tickets on Stubhub that were described incorrectly, and in particular, missing the disclaimer of "Side View" or "Obstructed View", etc. If all other tickets on Stubhub in that section are marked with a disclaimer, but there is a cheap listing that doesn't have it, I buy it. I then look at the closest section that isn't obstructed, usually the section just ahead of the stage in an arena, find the cheapest pair in that section that is at least in a lower row than the pair you bought, and a pair you'd rather have, maybe even on the aisle, but not the best pair or most expensive in that section, and call Stubhub. Calmly explain, tell them the replacement pair you'd like, and usually get it, and they charge the bad seller for the price difference

Beat the scalpers at their own game
    Old 02-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #114
    morecornbread!!
    RIP Boyd

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Excited for the possibility of an awesome guest for this show. With all the music stars that live in Nashville, who knows who will come out. Pumped for a hometown show!
    Old 02-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #115
    specialkd24

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

What do you all think. Use my priority selection on Nashville on Deer Creek N2? I'm a 12/98 Warehouse member, so if I got confirmed for one of those nights, seniority would come into effect and I might get better tickets.

Which of those shows do you think will be more in-demand?
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2019, 05:38 AM   #116
    beatmichigan100

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
    What do you all think. Use my priority selection on Nashville on Deer Creek N2? I'm a 12/98 Warehouse member, so if I got confirmed for one of those nights, seniority would come into effect and I might get better tickets.

Which of those shows do you think will be more in-demand?
    I would lean towards DC as priority. I tend to think arena shows are easier to come by decent tickets.
    beatmichigan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2019, 07:02 AM   #117
    specialkd24

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beatmichigan100 View Post
    I would lean towards DC as priority. I tend to think arena shows are easier to come by decent tickets.
    I think that is the conclusion my wife and I came to as well. Thanks for the input.
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #118
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I used my priority for this show. The demand in Nashville for D&T was insane. I only requested Nashville and Alpharetta, though. Going to to find Camden on the boards.
    Old 02-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #119
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    I used my priority for this show. The demand in Nashville for D&T was insane. I only requested Nashville and Alpharetta, though. Going to to find Camden on the boards.
    Yeah but Ascend is less 8K whereas Bridgestone is more like 22. This show will sell out but I don't think it's going to sellout immediately. It'll take several weeks.
    Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #120
    dpduke5173

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

yeah I ended up using my priority for DC N2 as well