***Official Hartford 2019*** - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #1
Bowa34
JaMarcus Russell

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

***Official Hartford 2019***

June 22, the day after Mansfield, which has been the norm now the past few years.

Comments? Questions?

Hartford is a dump. But it’s my favorite dump!

See you all there!

Don't ask me to Captain your boat
Bowa34 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Hartford 2019***

Have you been to JLL @ Bristow...then you don't know from dumps!

Last year was our first year and did the Mansford/Hartfield b2b. We're very looking forward to 2019.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
    TrippingCrushCT

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Glad its a Saturday still. Wish they didn't get rid of the 2nd night but it is what it is.
    TrippingCrushCT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2019, 10:24 PM   #4
    Titotimmy
    Lillywhite's Tapeworm

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

In for another Captain-esque bustout

R.I.P. Last Stop 4/8/1998 - 9/1/2018
    Titotimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2019, 11:52 PM   #5
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

My favorite tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
    Erin3641

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Am debating going to Hartford for the first time this year. I’m in NJ and would drive up and maybe make a weekend of it, check out Mark Twain’s house, etc in addition to the show. I’m just wondering how safe it is for a woman alone? I mean, it’s CT so I figure it’s fine, but I’m a worrier and I’ve heard some stories about Hartford so thought I’d ask. (I’ve gone to Camden alone a few times for shows and down to Charlottesville, so I’m not a total chicken, btw. Haha) Also considering the VIP parking for Hartford — anyone know if it’s worth it?

Anyway, any insight is appreciated, as well as recs on hotels. In reading through some of the older Hartford threads, I saw people mentioned motel 6/8, but since I’ll be alone I’ll probably spring for something a little nicer/safer.

Thanks in advance! (And yes, after years of lurking I finally registered so I could ask about this.)
    Erin3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-25-2019, 04:33 AM   #7
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Last year was our first year at Hartford. We parked in a plaza lot a block or two from the venue w/ a bunch of other DMB fans. The walk to and from the venue was safe and getting out was pretty quick. Trying to get out of the venue lot seems like it would have been a PITA...

Our first band bus drive by as well, which was fun.
    Old 01-25-2019, 05:13 AM   #8
    usurpers26

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

The problem with Hartford is the downtown area...while it has improved it still severely lacks any real reason to hang out and/or go out of your way to go downtown (compared to say New Haven or even Middletown). The area where the Meadows is located is quite drab, etc. definitely not a sight to behold. Highways through Hartford suck too.

Safety-wise, I wouldn't be concerned. And the boys almost always have an above average set list there too

VIP is not worth it unless you dont want to walk 1/2 mile or so to the other lots. Other lots are easier to get out of as well.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erin3641 View Post
    Am debating going to Hartford for the first time this year. I’m in NJ and would drive up and maybe make a weekend of it, check out Mark Twain’s house, etc in addition to the show. I’m just wondering how safe it is for a woman alone? I mean, it’s CT so I figure it’s fine, but I’m a worrier and I’ve heard some stories about Hartford so thought I’d ask. (I’ve gone to Camden alone a few times for shows and down to Charlottesville, so I’m not a total chicken, btw. Haha) Also considering the VIP parking for Hartford — anyone know if it’s worth it?

Anyway, any insight is appreciated, as well as recs on hotels. In reading through some of the older Hartford threads, I saw people mentioned motel 6/8, but since I’ll be alone I’ll probably spring for something a little nicer/safer.

Thanks in advance! (And yes, after years of lurking I finally registered so I could ask about this.)
    usurpers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

How has the draw been from WH requests? Keeping expectations low, but I was wondering what others experienced.
    Old 01-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #10
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Helllllllo Hartford
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #11
    GPK68

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

If you did Camden alone I don't think Hartford will be an issue. I did premiere parking last year, would definitely recommend doing that.
    GPK68 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #12
    GPK68

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    How has the draw been from WH requests? Keeping expectations low, but I was wondering what others experienced.
    I was confirmed for pits the last two shows.
    GPK68 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #13
    Erin3641

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you so much for the info. This is really helpful! I’ll def save some money and skip the VIP parking.

And now I’m excited for a great setlist —assuming I get my ticket in the WH lottery.

Thanks again!
    Old 01-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #14
    Erin3641

My Tour Central Stats

Annnnd I just saw the post re: premiere parking. Maybe I’ll go for that after all. If I were with a group I wouldn’t care, but heading back to the car alone is what worries me — especially if there’s a line for the bathroom on the way out. Safety in numbers and all that. I once skipped the bathroom on my out of a show in Camden becuase I had to park in one of the random lots a few blocks away. Was glad I did since the crowd was thinning out for that lot. There were cops around so I’m sure it was fine, but why tempt fate? It did feel like a mighty long drive to the turnpike rest stop though. 😂

Thanks for the insight!
    Old 01-28-2019, 03:42 AM   #15
    Bowa34
    JaMarcus Russell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The venue area isn’t terrible. My group would welcome you to come tailgate with us, we’re easy going folks.

My Uncle is a very well known and respected former Hartford PO/Detective - I have a few officers on speed dial.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #16
    Hitman2001

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I put in a request, I'd be coming in from Ohio, my friend coming with me from Texas. What's the tailgating like? Is there an outdoor merch booth here like there is at Mansfield?
    Old 02-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #17
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

If you stay right downtown, you don’t even have to worry about driving. Just walk up and over the bridge as that’s what everyone else is doing.

Hartford is my home venue... I’ve been going to see shows there since 1995. The areas immediately surrounding the venue are fine... there are shady parts (for sure) but you won’t have an issue.

I’m a female and I never feel unsafe, even if I ever park alone and meet up with friends there.

Like BOWA said, you’re welcome to come hang out with us if you’d like.

Don’t stay at motel 6/8. Stay at Red Lion, Hilton, Marriot, Residence Inn... something in that area.

You will be fine. After the show, if you stay at one of those hotels I mentioned above and walk, you’re walking with a mass group of people

Last edited by Cozmic135; 02-04-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #18
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hitman2001 View Post
    I put in a request, I'd be coming in from Ohio, my friend coming with me from Texas. What's the tailgating like? Is there an outdoor merch booth here like there is at Mansfield?
    Used to be the most ridiculous, crazy and insane tailgate you could find... Hartford was known for their tailgating... it’s so tame now compared to what it used to be but if you have a decent group of people, it’s cool.

And no outdoor merch.
    Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #19
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Annnnd I just saw the post re: premiere parking. Maybe I’ll go for that after all. If I were with a group I wouldn’t care, but heading back to the car alone is what worries me — especially if there’s a line for the bathroom on the way out. Safety in numbers and all that. I once skipped the bathroom on my out of a show in Camden becuase I had to park in one of the random lots a few blocks away. Was glad I did since the crowd was thinning out for that lot. There were cops around so I’m sure it was fine, but why tempt fate? It did feel like a mighty long drive to the turnpike rest stop though. ��

Thanks for the insight!
    If you are worried about walking, don't be. If you leave at the end of the show you'll be walking back to the hotel with hundreds of people. There are cops everywhere. The walk to the Red Lion is short, just over the bridge. Would probably take 10-15 minutes, but again tons of people walk it and there will be a line of cars leaving the venue with traffic and police everywhere. For DMB night, the Red Lion is pretty much all DMB fans and I would say a good amount walk back and forth.

If you decide to drive, just park in one of the venue lots (not the third party lots assorted all around). Again, if you wait until the end of the show, you'll be walking out to your car with thousands of people. Personally, I think premier parking is overrated at this venue, especially if you're staying at a hotel nearby.

Last edited by Cscottrun; 02-04-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Old 02-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #20
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Also, get pit tickets. All the fun is in the pit.
    Old 02-11-2019, 05:41 AM   #21
    gduarte77
    Evil EmPire

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Hard charge for premium Hartford tickets came through. Just a heads up that I am staying in Hartford, and I don't have a need for premium parking. If anyone is looking for that level parking I'll take $10 off face value. PM me here.
    Old 02-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #22
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

We had full temps for our Mansford/Hartfield requests, but they disappeared yesterday?!?

Only surprised because it was a Sunday...
    Old 02-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #23
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Hard charges on both of my accounts for 4 tickets at the $115 level. Fingers crossed they are pit.
    Old 02-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #24
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Hard charges on both of my accounts for 4 tickets at the $115 level. Fingers crossed they are pit.
    Again, nothing since our temps disappeared. Surprised by the notion of getting decline for both (or either) for that matter. As was pointed out, these and SPAC might be getting more interest since the skipped NH this time around...

Last edited by grilldanmo; 02-12-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 AM   #25
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

My card is very charged
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #26
    Bowa34
    JaMarcus Russell

My Tour Central Stats

ISO pit ticket

Old 02-14-2019, 04:02 PM   #27
    YNK4127

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone have any idea of there is going to be the cue waiting line system TicketMaster has been doing? I got shut out of Phish tickets because of it.
    YNK4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #28
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YNK4127 View Post
    Anyone have any idea of there is going to be the cue waiting line system TicketMaster has been doing? I got shut out of Phish tickets because of it.
    There has been for everything TM has been selling.
    Old 02-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #29
    YNK4127

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cozmic135 View Post
    There has been for everything TM has been selling.
    Well that's frustrating. It's worse than ever before if that's the case.
    YNK4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #30
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YNK4127 View Post
    Well that's frustrating. It's worse than ever before if that's the case.
    It really is...