Deer Creek 2 Night Review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Rebecca De Mornay
HateAllThingsElijah

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Deer Creek 2 Night Review

My 4th career trip to the creek and my 40th and 41st shows overall. p huge weekend for me. first time i didn't camp, stayed in downtown indy, may have soured my experience a tad. here goes nothing:

Night 1

A Whiter Shade of Pale [aborted] - always love starting things off with a laugh +1
Let You Down - uhhh what? haha. not sure how i felt about letting this tune gather dust on the shelf for 18 years to bust it out after an aborted opener. was it cool to hear? yes. did it pad my tour stats? yes. was it like having lunch with an old girlfriend? no, not really. 0
Little Red Bird - love it, except for that out of tune breakdown, couldn't hear boyd at all on it. hope this is on the new album. +1
Oh - My thoughts exactly, Dave. 0
The Stone - Best version of this tune ever. let the crowd sing part of that outro thing. +1
Funny The Way It Is - especially terrible version of an especially terrible song. sometimes that makes it good, not this time. 0
Old Dirt Hill - see above. took a piss. -1
The Song That Jane Likes - Nsync with Jane, this song rocks. Not even Boyd could fuck this one up. 0
Typical Situation - Sick, just sick. +1
Stay or Leave - Ya, great choice for a closer. (<- sarcastic) if i had know what was coming next I would i have elected to leave. retool during the break dave. 0
Minarets - Awesome version, awesome song. But i told everyone around me that it was going to be DDTW during the intro so i looked like an idiot. -1
You Might Die Trying - I wish you did sometimes Dave, I wish you did. -2
Black and Blue Bird - new song i guess? -3
Rooftop - Lovely Ladies killed this one, the breakdown is so sick. i was humming it the whole drive home until my uber driver told me to shut the fuck up. -2
Hunger for the Great Light - I'd love to tell you a strong performance saved a below average song, so I will. -1
I Did It - Sick Liberation for my stats, Boyd's mic was completely off during his rap part otherwise I would have given this plus 2. 0
Dancing Nancies- Please play warehouse. please play warehouse +1
Warehouse - Woo! +2
Drunken Soldier - I should mention I had already crushed a 24 oz. two hearted and two double bourbon and cokes since the acoustic set ended so i was really feeling this tune, that's not a star that's a satellite! +3
You & Me - Even the Lovely Ladies think this song blows. +2
Sledgehammer - wish this was a DMB tune so I could admit to loving it, but it's not. +1
When the World Ends - Do you know what the nice thing about this song is? Let me know if you figure it out. 0
Too Much - What exactly are we talking about here? If it's terms of the liberties dave takes writing the set lists, I agree. This song is amaze-balls in the 2nd, 6th, 8th and 15th slots of a set. Anywhere else it's hot gargabe. -1
Best of What's Around - Indeed it is. 0
Pig - +1

Night 2

Rye Whiskey - I've heard this before. Why not Whiter Shade of Pale which you stole away from us 24 hours ago? That's what Phish would have done 0
Spoon - Great tune but it feels like my ticket should have cost 1/thenumberoftheguysintheband if dave is going to play solo all night. -1
Bartender - Ah, so one of the other members did show up! 0
One Sweet WorldUsually a -1 but I was hammered and Dave made some funny noises. +1
SatelliteThe off-key intro is exactly what it sounds like, off-key. I never listen to studio Dave but was this song really on the big 3? 0
Tripping BilliesScreamed “check ‘em out boyd” almost louder than Dave. +1
RecentlyI think we all agree that this is usually a +1 but it exceeded the strict 8:30 time limit I imposed for the acoustic set. 0
RavenDoes Dave know that a Raven is a bird? Just wondering because all of the other songs are about monkeys. +1
What Would You Say Time for a pee, beer and soft pretzel, hopes were high for the main set… +2
Stay Enormous fan. Think I may have even been spotted from a distance by a fellow ant enjoying this one a bit too much. +3
#41 - #41 at my 41st show. Thank you Dave!! Sick version too. +4
Don’t Drink The Water one word: so powerful. +5
Be Yourself Either a new tune or a Raffy cover, either way great song and even better life advice. +6
Burning Down the House Correctly identified this as a stones cover to everyone in my row. Hate the stones but do like this tune. +7
Lying in the Hands of God If I told you this wasn’t even the 3rd longest tune of the night, what would you say? Probably that they cut out the best part of the jam? Me too. +6
Save me – Seriously, please, someone. +5
Granny Um-bobba-um-bobba-um-bobba!! +6
Virginia in the RainKnew this wasn’t a cover because it was so terrible. Trying to think of an analogy for Dave playing the piano but I’ve never witnessed anything else so ridiculous. It’s like a kangaroo playing an arcade game, does that work? +5
Crush I love lambasting everyone around me when they start singing the chorus too early. Then I can be the loudest for the actual chorus. +6
Belly Belly Nice So nice they named it twice. +7
Louisiana Bayou How could such an attractive guitar being played by such an attractive man result in this pile of dog shit. Giving it a plus one anyways because now that I think about it, let you down was actually dope. +8
Jimi Thing That annoying friend your mom always made you invite to your birthday party. Dave was probably one of those kids. +7
So Much to Say We’d find out later that Dave actually didn’t have much to say at all. +6
Anyone Seen The Bridge/Too Much [Fake]/Ants [Fake] Noodles!! +7
Halloween Obviously used to be cool to hear, now it’s a staple, apparently even more so than ants which most of us played $400 in tickets to hear. +6
And as a final wrap a big fat -1 to the pompous security staff at Deer Creek who booted me from my seat at 12:49AM even though I was still waiting for a double encore. +5
ALSO a big fat -1 to Uber for having a 4.9x surge for my ride home. +4

ALL in ALL great weekend. The boys can still bring it, just don’t bank on hearing Ants Marching.
Wow guys, I wasn't at this show, but just listened to your Halloween. Damn, raw AF! I bet it was incredible live, Timmys outro was bad-ass!!!! Gotta listen to the rest of this show, setlist is on point.

Last edited by Rebecca De Mornay; 07-20-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Rebecca De Mornay is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #2
    hailtopitt
    Gimme that spatula!!!!!

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Deer Creek 2 Night Review

nsync with jane
    hailtopitt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Rye Whiskey - I've heard this before. Why not Whiter Shade of Pale which you stole away from us 24 hours ago? That's what Phish would have done 0

for the rest

#noodles

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
    space_raven
    crawling out the mud

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Awesome version, awesome song. But i told everyone around me that it was going to be DDTW during the intro so i looked like an idiot. -1

Lovely Ladies killed this one, the breakdown is so sick. i was humming it the whole drive home until my uber driver told me to shut the fuck up. -2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb9howell View Post
    No that's my bad. I am completely fucking murdered hammered. I can barley see the screen. I go eat now.
    space_raven is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
    Todefy
    Eur 19 SetlistGameChamp

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Recently – I think we all agree that this is usually a +1 but it exceeded the strict 8:30 time limit I imposed for the acoustic set. 0

one word: so powerful.

Todefy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
    Malcolm1070

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

On my bucket list of venues!!
    Malcolm1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #7
    acstalker

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Burning Down the House – Correctly identified this as a stones cover to everyone in my row. Hate the stones but do like this tune.

Really???????
    13 May 06 - Birmingham (DM); 24 Feb 07 - Glasgow (D&T); 23 May 07 - Dublin; 5 July 08 - Rothbury, Michigan; 25 June 09 - Brixton, London; 28 June 09 - Hyde Park, London; 29 June 09 - Wolverhampton; 6 March 10 - O2, London; 12 March 10 - Birmingham; 15 Mar 10 - Stockholm; 12+13 Nov 10 - MSG; 7 Nov 15 - O2, London; 20 Mar 17 - Hammersmith, London (D+T)
    acstalker is offline   Reply With Quote