*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 1305 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #39121
FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadavefan15 View Post
I think causing a confrontation with the white nationalists is precisely what they wanted. And for that reason, I'd say counter-protesting them is a mistake.

A counter protest won't convince anyone "hey they are right we shouldn't be racist". You do that at the water cooler, "how about the white nationalists fucktards"

Their movement seems reliant on people on the other side engaging with them and causing a mess.

I'm not saying counter protesting what wrong, morally speaking of course. I just don't think it's the smartest move to reach the ends we want.
Morally admirable, tactically inefficient.
FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #39122
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think causing a confrontation with the white nationalists is precisely what they wanted. And for that reason, I'd say counter-protesting them is a mistake.

A counter protest won't convince anyone "hey they are right we shouldn't be racist". You do that at the water cooler, "how about the white nationalists fucktards"

Their movement seems reliant on people on the other side engaging with them and causing a mess.

I'm not saying counter protesting what wrong, morally speaking of course. I just don't think it's the smartest move to reach the ends we want.

Also love the Rick and Morty going on there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    #2 just gets me every time

You're the majority, you blithering morons
    It's like they don't remember the whole "we refuse to do anything he wants" Obama years. I know that's not the quote, but you get the gist.
    gonz085 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #39123
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoer...Bg#.ytKKOq0KwD
    Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #39124
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    Looks pretty much as I imagined. What a fucking loser.
    Old 08-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #39125
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think Trump is more a product of the times than the times a product of Trump.

We'll see after he leaves, but my feeling is this is the new norm on both sides.
    I think he's definitely had a hand in getting us to this point. He propped up these people. He incited the idea of Obama as an "other" and "non-American" by being the most vocal proponent of the racially charged birtherism.

And he knows he courts these types of people as his base. There's a reason he won't speak out specifically against white nationalism/supremacists. He doesn't want to anger the base

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #39126
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Someone shared this earlier. Comments are bananas, people are praising the people in khakis and white polos.

https://altright.com/2017/05/15/alt-...arlottesville/

Johnny Fascismo
    The rally this weekend was a success and an incredibly good look. I enjoyed watching the streams on Red Ice. I liked the white and khaki uniform and white dresses for the women. Less intimidating than the all black uniforms worn at Pikeville a couple weeks earlier. Good turn out. Even saw a couple Fasces flags. Saluto Romano!

Cookie Rus
    The women in their dresses were a huge addition to the already excellent optics of the gathering. Great job ladies.

Better Dead
    It also draw my attention. I had not seen women dressed properly in public gatherings in years.

Squirrely McShitty
    I like the all black military-style garb better. It makes me feel more powerful and and let's me imagine I am one of the first Nazi supporters, dreaming about the Kristallnacht to come!

Johnny Fascismo
    That look definently has its place. A rally against taking down confederate statues could bring a lot of sympathetic normies closer to our cause, so its important to not scare them off.

Squirrely McShitty
    Oh, ya, that makes sense. Make 'em think we are all normal and stuff, like just concerned citizens or something. Then once we get them involved, that's when we spring the crazy on them. And then they are like "Woah" and we are like "Oh ya" and they are like "I cant" and we are like "you already did" and they are like "I feel dirty now" and we are like "That means you are one of us now. Here, have a frog."

Kind of like if you go out partying and get drunk with your friend Bubbles and you both go back to your place and pass out and in the morning you wake up and are hung over and bleeding out your ass and you look at Bubbles and he is just smiling and nodding and you know that you might as well be gay now, even though you got tricked into being gay. Something like that?
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #39127
    bamadavefan15

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    I think he's definitely had a hand in getting us to this point. He propped up these people. He incited the idea of Obama as an "other" and "non-American" by being the most vocal proponent of the racially charged birtherism.

And he knows he courts these types of people as his base. There's a reason he won't speak out specifically against white nationalism/supremacists. He doesn't want to anger the base

I was talking about modern US political discourse. Wasn't talking about white supremacists.
    bamadavefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #39128
    snake911

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
    I don't understand the mindset of letting hate speech run rampant in the streets and just pretending like it's not an issue.

Maybe it's just because I live in Cville and have for my whole life, but at this point it's time to very loudly say "fuck the alt right racist nazi bullshit".

This is the THIRD time white supremacy people have invaded my town in the last 3 months. So yeah, I don't think ignoring them is gonna work.
    Sorry you are seeing this going down in your backyard. It's probably not going to stop and it has less to do with monuments being taken down and more to do with Cville being targeted by white nationals because the city council has passed some reparations-like resolutions to try to improve the economic life of non-whites there. Some people are very opposed to the idea that slavery still has ramifications for people today.

And a non-violent counter protest is exactly the right thing to combat evil. "If the counter protesters had stayed home they wouldn't get hit by cars" is a bunch of horse shit just like "if she didn't want to get gang raped she shouldn't wear a tight shirt". And I'm not talking about the antifa morons, far left terrorists are no better than far right terrorists. But the vast majority of the anti white supremacy protesters were assembled peacefully when they were run down. Never let the Nazis have the street without ideological opposition.
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #39129
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snake911 View Post
    Sorry you are seeing this going down in your backyard. It's probably not going to stop and it has less to do with monuments being taken down and more to do with Cville being targeted by white nationals because the city council has passed some reparations-like resolutions to try to improve the economic life of non-whites there. Some people are very opposed to the idea that slavery still has ramifications for people today.

And a non-violent counter protest is exactly the right thing to combat evil. "If the counter protesters had stayed home they wouldn't get hit by cars" is a bunch of horse shit just like "if she didn't want to get gang raped she shouldn't wear a tight shirt". And I'm not talking about the antifa morons, far left terrorists are no better than far right terrorists. But the vast majority of the anti white supremacy protesters were assembled peacefully when they were run down. Never let the Nazis have the street without ideological opposition.
    To the bold: Do you think indentured servitude still has ramifications today?

Second: I've seen this brought up multiple times, and it's the only reason why I'm bringing it up, but why are we comparing protesting with rape? Seems unnecessarily hyperbolic.
    Old 08-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #39130
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snake911 View Post

Weak analogy here. No, protesting is not like wearing a tight shirt.
    Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #39131
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    driver was not muslim so it doesn't count as terrorism
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #39132
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm not sure I agree with this stance, but there is the argument that since Nazism is predicated on making other people scared, the more you let them organize and the stronger they become, the more dangerous they grow.

They live to play the martyr card, so if you ignore them, they'll use that as evidence that they're right. "See? They don't pay attention to us! We have to be more aggressive!"

I think that's why many people feel it's irresponsible to just ignore Trump and the wave of Nazism that he's emboldened.

I'm not sure I've fully formulated my thoughts either way, but I am stridently anti-neo-Nazi.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 04:22 AM   #39133
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

The amount of people in here trying to rationalize and normalize white supremacy while at the same time blaming the counterprotesters is fucking disgusting. Totally fucking disgusting.
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #39134
    salrx95

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The Virginia governor gave the speech our President should have. In a year full of disappointments from him, yesterday may have been the worst. His poll numbers are pretty low, though, so he can't lose part of his base by condemning them.
    salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 05:02 AM   #39135
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah there's no proper rationale that makes the ones who were hit by a fucking car out to be the bad guys or at fault in any way.
    Old 08-13-2017, 05:15 AM   #39136
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    The amount of people in here trying to rationalize and normalize white supremacy while at the same time blaming the counterprotesters is fucking disgusting. Totally fucking disgusting.
    Yeah, anybody involved who did not try to diffuse the situation should be ashamed of themselves. As Americans and as human beings. They are not revolutionaries.
    OK_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #39137
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone else find it hilarious that their "torches" were actually tiki torches? Bet they had citronella in there to keep the mosquitoes away. Nothing ruins a hate march faster than mosquitoes
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 05:26 AM   #39138
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I think this is a great metaphor:

https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...12444821983233
    OK_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 AM   #39139
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

In a move surprising no one, Alex Jones calls the events from yesterday a false flag

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 AM   #39140
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by salrx95 View Post
    The Virginia governor gave the speech our President should have. In a year full of disappointments from him, yesterday may have been the worst. His poll numbers are pretty low, though, so he can't lose part of his base by condemning them.
    That was a great speech.
    Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 AM   #39141
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Count me in as one of the people who think counter-protesting stuff like this is incredibly important. As someone said about, if these people are allowed to rally without incident, the larger and more effective the rallies will become
    Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #39142
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    I'm all for people bashing Nazi heads, don't give em an inch
    Yeah, so what if a few people end up dying and it actually helps the white nationalists by showing them actively fighting leftists?

Last edited by kydmb99; 08-13-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #39143
    CrashDMB237

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    Yeah, so what if a few people end up dying and it actually helps the white nationalists by showing them actively fighting leftists?
    Bad logic. At the end of the day they are still pieces of shit human beings. Nothing is going to "help" them in the eyes of anyone with a brain. I'm trying to think of an example but this IS this example. Like if I was explaining a similar situation to someone else I'd say " this would be like saying a white supremacist being killed helps the public perception of white supremacists because now they are the victims".
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 07:04 AM   #39144
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Trump is suck a weak idiot.

He condemns it on many sides? There's just two sides bro. Two is a both, not a many.

And pick a side loser. I thought you were supposed to have balls.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #39145
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    People act like that woman woke up yesterday and decided to get run over.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #39146
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    Trump is suck a weak idiot.

He condemns it on many sides? There's just two sides bro. Two is a both, not a many.

And pick a side loser. I thought you were supposed to have balls.
    Wait, your problem with Trump is that he wouldn't pick a side?

I feel like this is sarcasm and I'm missing it.
    Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #39147
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    Bad logic. At the end of the day they are still pieces of shit human beings. Nothing is going to "help" them in the eyes of anyone with a brain. I'm trying to think of an example but this IS this example. Like if I was explaining a similar situation to someone else I'd say " this would be like saying a white supremacist being killed helps the public perception of white supremacists because now they are the victims".
    It absolutely helps them by giving them more publicity and showing them literally fighting with leftists. It's exactly what they wanted to happen. As usual, the left lets it's heart get in the way of it's head.

Not sure why you would think that "anyone with brain" makes up a very large part of our society.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #39148
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    Wait, your problem with Trump is that he wouldn't pick a side?

I feel like this is sarcasm and I'm missing it.
    On one level yes. Obviously there's only one side he should be on but him implying both were at fault is completely weak imo.

If he truely believes these alt right people were justified tho at least come out and say it.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #39149
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
    Count me in as one of the people who think counter-protesting stuff like this is incredibly important. As someone said about, if these people are allowed to rally without incident, the larger and more effective the rallies will become

Spot on.

Someone call in Shia Labeouf to handle these clowns.
    Old 08-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #39150
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It absolutely helps them by giving them more publicity and showing them literally fighting with leftists. It's exactly what they wanted to happen. As usual, the left lets it's heart get in the way of it's head.

Not sure why you would think that "anyone with brain" makes up a very large part of our society.
    Who exactly would the white supremacists be scoring points with if they lost a few of their own to violent left protesters? Who sympathizes with white supremacists other than white supremacists? I dont think people are sitting around on the fence about whether or not they hate blacks and jews waiting for one news story to push them over the edge.

But there goes silly snowflake, SJW, antifa me thinking with my heart again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    On one level yes. Obviously there's only one side he should be on but him implying both were at fault is completely weak imo.

If he truely believes these alt right people were justified tho at least come out and say it.
    Well yea of course. He's a very weak man with no moral standards and no balls. Also surrounded by idiots but not idiots dumb enough to let him take the side of the fucking Nazis. Publicly at least.