Spac n2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
jsied55

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Spac n2

Didn't see an actual review of the weekend or even any 1 show so figured I would throw something here from my viewpoint. Unfortunately I missed the entire 14' tour and didn't get to N1 this year either. I went to a bunch in the 13' tour and took a hiatus which hurt a lot. After the gf obtained a last min ticket(lawn unfortunately but w/e) the fever returned.

Got to the lots around 5, luckily the rain had subsided and a little sunshine came out.

Pre-show I noticed the crowd was even more rowdy than previous years it being the 4th and all, was a big party scene. Lots of hardcores and bros and a tonnnn of red, white, and blue. The usual glowsticks, ballons, beach balls, and even sparklers and I saw a bottle rocket or two. (Also saw a bra go flying around Billies) O ya and a lot of skunks there as well.

Whiter Shade of Pale - Dave Solo, was meh for the opener of the acoustic set...standard version

#40 - Dave mentioned something about wieners here and people waiting for their beer so he had to kill time. Had to be close to 2 min if not 3 min long and was just awesome. Big highlight of the night.

Beach Ball - standard version, was nice to catch this one. Dave Solo

OSW- was on the wishlist going into the night for me, mainly because I really enjoy the tune and could see it at any show. Was cool for me seeing it acoustic for the first time with that setup.

STJL - Another tune I could see every show and not get tired of. Loud ovations for this and OSW. In here somewhere Dave gave is usual "I like this place" and "Y'all smell good" quotes when it comes to SPAC.

SDL - pretty standard, except the thank you interpolation dave threw in quickly towards the middle. It kind of eluded that song would come later but the band kept me guessing all night. They also threw in a patriotic jam towards the middle/end which was received well by the crowd.

Billies - Loud! At this point I was extremely happy with the acoustic set, they could have ended it right there.

FTWII
- standard version

Friend of the Devil - Can't wait for the tape of this. It sounded awesome and with Bela on it, itwas really cool to hear this.

GIG - Awesome version Jeff and Bela going back and forth, listen to the tape for this one.

Minarets - Was saying before the show I would love to see this again. They did a little intro to it and I was a little stumped but this was my guess right off the bat. The intro turned a few different ways and me being out of practice and on the lawn made it a little more difficult lol. Started the show out with a bang.

Everyday
- Loud singalong however with the Lovely Ladies it was a little different than the versions of these past few years. Sounded pretty solid, I was ok with the ladies they didn't overpower the song.

Burning Down The House - real fun jam here, crowd was really into this....LOUD singalong. Stuck with the party atmosphere, at this point I was noticing Dave was in a bit of a quirky mode, more so than usual(if that's possible) Band seemed to be having a lot of fun.

#41 - Epic with Bela Fleck. Initially I thought Last Stop would be coming but either way. Listen to the tape for this one, really special jam session here.

Spaceman - I was initially excited because Carter came in with his drum solo and I was like come on Say GoodBye. This was really the only song of the night I just was not digging. Bela was on this so it made it a little better.

WTWE - standard version

You & Me - loud sing along as per usual, I can appreciate this a little more with the gf.

BOWA - Epicness....loved it Jeff's solo on the end

LIOG - Get the tape! Bela Fleck on this....

Cry Freedom - another welcomed song, there was a sign in the front of the pit...not sure if Dave was responding to it or something from N1 as others have eluded.

Crush - Stefan started AATW solo and I was like ah makes sense here comes the star spangled banner on the 4th. He rips into the Crush opening and this was an epic jam. Had to be close to 20-22 min.

Some discussion took place afterwards and the band kind of hesitated on stage for at least 30-40 seconds after the lights came up. As we all found out they cut Two Step here.

Kill The Preacher - I was wondering why the almanac hadn't mentioned this but Dave played the riffs for about 2 min or so here I am thinking to give the guys a longer break. I don't believe he said any of the lyrics.

Why I Am - I will always enjoy this song....it's a funky tune and it seemed like a lot of people enjoyed it. Place was rocking at this point, which it was loud all night but was extremely loud here.

Thank You - Standard version, except that Dave danced for what seemed like an extended period of time, and gave out several "ohh's"....band was grooving here. Loud sing along here as well.

I thought that was the show here honestly, the lights came up Dave said his goodbyes, waves and everything. The house lights came up and I was about to leave. I noticed that there was still a lot of people hanging around and after 2013 I knew there was a chance. People cheered loudly from about 3 min - 6-8 mins after the show. Then the backstage crew adjusted some equipment and they came out again.

Halloween - Carter gave the Ant's Fake....as most would, I knew what it was that second seeing they played Ants the night before and remembering 13'. Loud eruption. This performance was the single most emotional one I have ever seen. If you have a chance don't just listen to this go find a good video and look at Dave's face. The emotion/anger he displayed during this was a reminder why I love this band so much. Seriously go watch his face in this one, is eyes pierced the night sky. I was blown away leaving SPAC after this.

All and all such a magical night....not the best show I have ever seen however I will say it was a classic dmb show. The band had a ton of fun and the crowd was loud/rowdy just like I would expect at SPAC. I do strongly believe that this is a tape many will want, if not just for Bela Fleck being in some epic jams then for #40 and Halloween alone. Lots to love here.

Hope to see lots of you guys again next year, and if you are going to more shows this summer enjoy the band sounds great.

Last edited by jsied55; 07-06-2015 at 10:19 AM.
jsied55 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
    jsied55

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Spac n2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBpexvthUA .... decent halloween vid
    Old 07-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

fucking spac man. so good.
    Old 07-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #4
    jsied55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
    fucking spac man. so good.
    It was a last min decision for us...so glad we went. Next year same place?
    Old 07-06-2015, 11:51 PM   #5
    *loverulesme*

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I really enjoyed reading this. Sounds like a fantastic 4th! Thank you for posting!
    *loverulesme* is offline   Reply With Quote