What DMB song have you used for special occasion? Ex. wedding, birthday, etc... - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #31
aamiller
Rocco

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What DMB song have you used for special occasion? Ex. wedding, birthday, etc...

Don't tell anyone because the playlist is a secret (no DJ) but our first dance will be I'll Back You Up (from Live Trax Vol. 1), JTR from the Lillywhite Sessions will make an appearance, and Ants Marching from Busch Stadium (Live Trax 13, a show we both attended together) will close things out.

Last edited by aamiller; 07-31-2011 at 06:34 AM.
aamiller is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #32
    JessB925

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What DMB song have you used for special occasion? Ex. wedding, birthday, etc...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
    My wife surprised me by having it engraved on our bands as well... even though we weren't at the Beach. She doesn't even like DMB... but she likes that song and wanted it played at the wedding. I thought engraving was a waste of money, but now I actually think about it when You and Me comes on the XM radio. So I think it served its purpose for her.

Thats awsome....engraving should be free if done by the jeweler you bought the rings from......we didn't have an actual reception after our wedding until a few days after we got back in town but instead we had dinner with all our family and friends that came to our wedding at a really nice restaurant & they actually played you & me on the radio.
    JessB925 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #33
    Janet86

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Popping in here as a new member - been lurking for years! I’m getting married in October and I’m walking back up the aisle after we are married to So Right, and our first dance is Here on Out. Trying to choose something to walk down the aisle to. Hence why I finally registered so I could get a weigh in from others. Worried it will be Dave overkill but we both LOVE him, it’s one of the things that we first realized when we started dating, so we don’t much care what anyone else thinks.

I haven’t even thought of doing an instrumental version as my processional. LOVE that there are such great ideas here!
    Janet86 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2019, 07:54 AM   #34
    tallfire8
    But Dad Its Shark Week!

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Gravedigger...my funeral
    Old 07-10-2019, 08:02 AM   #35
    soxrok1

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Janet86 View Post
    Popping in here as a new member - been lurking for years! I’m getting married in October and I’m walking back up the aisle after we are married to So Right, and our first dance is Here on Out. Trying to choose something to walk down the aisle to. Hence why I finally registered so I could get a weigh in from others. Worried it will be Dave overkill but we both LOVE him, it’s one of the things that we first realized when we started dating, so we don’t much care what anyone else thinks.

I haven’t even thought of doing an instrumental version as my processional. LOVE that there are such great ideas here!
    I'll throw a vote in for I'll Back You Up. I feel like the line "Would you like to dance around the world with me?" is the most romantic line and way of asking someone to spend their life with you. As a bonus, the sequence of those three songs being played at your wedding would be the same as the order in which they were written.

Congratulations and best of luck!
    soxrok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #36
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Janet86 View Post

Do #34 as a walkout song.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #37
    SeekNancyUp
    Answer is always yes...

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

My cousin played Grace is Gone when his wife divorced him and took his baby named Grace. Yikes. "excuse me please one more drink!"
    SeekNancyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #38
    snapmcd
    Get gone

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

The last day of school is a special occasion for me, and I always cue up Stay (Wasting Time) as the very first thing I listen to in the summer.
    snapmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #39
    andymc88

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

We danced to Angel
    andymc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2019, 07:18 AM   #40
    Scizzi
    DOWN BY THE BAYOU

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

We had a band at our wedding and I got up and played Ants Marching with them. Of course, I watch it now and nit pick my guitar playing, but it was still really fun... I wish I could do it again since I'm much better than Iw as 8 years ago...
    Scizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #41
    Melted

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Played Ants intro after sealing the deal with the kiss and walking down the aisle. It was cool.
    Melted is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #42
    drgonzotx

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnwalls1979 View Post
    So a friend of mine informed that his brother used Steady As We Go as his first dance at his wedding and that was the song my girl and I picked for ours. I'm sure there's a few people on here that have used a DMB song for something like that. We were just curious! And who better to ask than other DMB fans?
    We played the first 3 mins of Crush at our wedding for our first dance
    drgonzotx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #43
    kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnwalls1979 View Post
    So a friend of mine informed that his brother used Steady As We Go as his first dance at his wedding and that was the song my girl and I picked for ours. I'm sure there's a few people on here that have used a DMB song for something like that. We were just curious! And who better to ask than other DMB fans?
    If you’re goinf to do a first dance go a “steady” song go with steady as she goes by the raconteurs. My wife and I almost used that as ours - no shot if I proposed steady as WE go
    kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #44
    redder

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

We used you and me as the first dance at our wedding 6 years ago
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #45
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Used Up & Away as our first dance
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #46
    richvisser23

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Used SAWG for our first dance. Had people fooled when the song seems to end, then I threw some some dancing with the stars moves and spun her around to go right back into dancing. "A thing of beauty"...so I hear Also, the band we hired couldn't play Ants, so they played it when they went on a break. I think at that time, the most people were on the dance floor.
    "The following text deals with a controversial subject. The theories expressed are not the only possible interpretation. Viewers are invited to make a judgement based on all available information."
    richvisser23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2019, 06:28 AM   #47
    Right Side Up

Shows Seen: 156

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

• #34 was the first song played at the ceremony to get things going (then the party entered to Little Martha by ABB).
    • We exited the ceremony to Stay.
    • Crush was our first dance.
    • Two Step was the last song played at the reception.
    Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #48
    Right Side Up

Shows Seen: 156

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drgonzotx View Post
    We played the first 3 mins of Crush at our wedding for our first dance
    The length posed a challenge...we played the full studio version but invited guests to join us to dance after about 3 min.
    Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #49
    cpxc.

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

IBYU was first dance.

during dinner acoustic songs of LLD, Nancies, Crush, and #34 were played.

Live band played at wedding, during their breaks Billies, and Ants were played.

One of the bands we looked at was with Matt Cappy who has played with DMB a few times.

Last edited by cpxc.; 07-17-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    cpxc. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #50
    nikkidmb

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Where are you Going was our first dance.
    Horrible choice.
    We had it picked out since the beginning of our relationship about 9 years prior...I didn't realize you wouldn't want your first dance to last more than 1 minute with everyone standing and awkwardly staring at you and that song is LONG AF. nobody warned me!
    I wanted to die the whole time
    nikkidmb is offline   Reply With Quote