*~*~Official Hollywood Bowl 2018 Thread*~*~ - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #31
sandiegoant
So damn lucky

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *~*~Official Hollywood Bowl 2018 Thread*~*~

Just got my temp charges today!

Looks like I'm getting "Boxes,SupSts,Ramps" but my q is around seniority. Because it's a one night stand, does that mean seat location will be based on seniority? (I'm 12/98 fwiw.)
sandiegoant is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-28-2018, 08:45 AM   #32
    JR41
    JR41

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaraAnne22 View Post
    Just got my temp charges today!

Looks like I'm getting "Boxes,SupSts,Ramps" but my q is around seniority. Because it's a one night stand, does that mean seat location will be based on seniority? (I'm 12/98 fwiw.)
    I didn't realize that super seats were a part of the 150 charge interesting... I hope I'm in the pit.
    Old 01-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #33
    greenpeace41

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Got confirmed for the $69 price level through the warehouse. Really my only upset from this year's lotteries. But still really excited for this show! I've always wanted to check out the venue.

Anybody know what it's like up there in the nosebleeds?
    greenpeace41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 09:34 AM   #34
    Benny003

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I got confirmed for Premium Reserved. I put it as my priority selection. Didn't request anything else for this show. My only other tour requests were for the 2 nights in Colorado, which I got declined for both. 9/2002 member.
    Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #35
    MouphMadness

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Confirmed for $150 tier!

Nosebleeds are fine. Weather should be good so that's all that matters. Depending on where you are you might be able to see the Hollywood sign from your seat which gives a cool background view to the stage.

As a hint of advice for first-timers, I would save up an appetite for after the show where you can buy LA street hot dogs from vendors that are fried up with peppers, onions, bacon, mustard, ketchup, and mayo. They typically go for 5 a piece but I've negotiated 2 for 7 before! Best post-show food you'll find at any venue.
    MouphMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #36
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

I got confirmed for Boxes / Super Seats.

Two of my friends got pit.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #37
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MouphMadness View Post
    Confirmed for $150 tier!

Nosebleeds are fine. Weather should be good so that's all that matters. Depending on where you are you might be able to see the Hollywood sign from your seat which gives a cool background view to the stage.

As a hint of advice for first-timers, I would save up an appetite for after the show where you can buy LA street hot dogs from vendors that are fried up with peppers, onions, bacon, mustard, ketchup, and mayo. They typically go for 5 a piece but I've negotiated 2 for 7 before! Best post-show food you'll find at any venue.
    Tacos are where it's at. Guisados or bust. However, if you want to be a real baller, bring your food to the show. Do they allow people to bring their own meals for DMB shows like they do other shows? I saw a concert there last May and everyone in the boxes brought their own meals from home that they ate before the show started. It was like a contest to see who could bring the best picnic dinner. People brought table clothes and dishes. They were eating sushi and other fine meals. They have staff that come around and install the popup table for you. It was pretty amazing actually. For drinks, they have like a liquor store inside the venue. You can buy whole bottles of wine and champagne. Just grab what you want off the shelf and buy it at the cash register. I've never seen anything like it at a music venue before. They also have some impressive restaurants inside the venue as well.

I've only been to the Hollywood Bowl once, but parking is horrible even with taking the shuttle. Plan ahead.

Last edited by Benny003; 01-29-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Old 01-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #38
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Got declined for Premium Reserved, was priority show. Ah well, I'll be there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 02:21 PM   #39
    MouphMadness

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
    Tacos are where it's at. Guisados or bust. However, if you want to be a real baller, bring your food to the show. Do they allow people to bring their own meals for DMB shows like they do other shows? I saw a concert there last May and everyone in the boxes brought their own meals from home that they ate before the show started. It was like a contest to see who could bring the best picnic dinner. People brought table clothes and dishes. They were eating sushi and other fine meals. They have staff that come around and install the popup table for you. It was pretty amazing actually. For drinks, they have like a liquor store inside the venue. You can buy whole bottles of wine and champagne. Just grab what you want off the shelf and buy it at the cash register. I've never seen anything like it at a music venue before. They also have some impressive restaurants inside the venue as well.

I've only been to the Hollywood Bowl once, but parking is horrible even with taking the shuttle. Plan ahead.
    I too, have never seen concerts in this fashion before, but pretty much sums up how whacky Hollywood Bowl is / the crowd.

I saw ZBB there and people next to me ordered some kind of short rib meal that had sides and was brought to them by a waitress a little before the show started, and then there was a table within the small little box they were in, and they just brought the food straight out.

Couple of friends of mine went to go get glasses of wine, but they could only find it where they sold it in bottles, so they just bought a whole bottle for like 28 bucks. It's as much of an outdoors upscale music venue you'll ever find. Pros: you don't have to deal with a ton of loud annoying drunk people and everything is super nice and clean. Cons: This all creates a dull environment from a crowd standpoint for a show.

I would guess for a DMB show they won't let you bring your own food, but I honestly don't know! I do know that it's considered a "lease event", so I'm guessing a lot of the standard rules that apply there do not apply for this. If it's not a leased event you can even bring your own alcohol in, and you definitely can't do that for this show.

In terms of parking, just don't park at the venue. Park somewhere downtown and walk. This way you can pregame at an endless amount of options of cool bars, you avoid the venue's stacked parking that takes forever to get out of afterwards, and can get out relatively quickly. There are local places that are maybe a 20-30 minute walk to the venue that have parking lots that charge 25-30 bucks. It's worth it.

Last edited by MouphMadness; 01-29-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    MouphMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #40
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, you can preorder a picnic dinner from the venue itself like you described. The food looked good! For parking, we parked at one of the shuttle stops and took the shuttle. It was good in theory, but the closest stop to where we were was this parking ramp right next to the Chinese Theater. Just getting to that parking ramp was a nightmare because that street is a total zoo of tourists. If you can find a quieter shuttle stop, that's the way to go. The only problem with the shuttle is you need to kind of book it out of the venue at the end of the show. They leave at a certain time and if you're not on it they won't wait.
    Old 01-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #41
    JimiThang1
    hi there

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I would guess for a DMB show they won't let you bring your own food, but I honestly don't know! I do know that it's considered a "lease event", so I'm guessing a lot of the standard rules that apply there do not apply for this. If it's not a leased event you can even bring your own alcohol in, and you definitely can't do that for this show.
    For lease events you can bring your own food, just no outside alcohol.
    Old 01-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #42
    sandiegoant
    So damn lucky

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

What's the diff between Premium Reserved and Boxes,SupSts,Ramps? Same $150 or...?
    sandiegoant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #43
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaraAnne22 View Post
    What's the diff between Premium Reserved and Boxes,SupSts,Ramps? Same $150 or...?
    Besides all of the extra things Premium gets like a parking pass, the show poster, an extra gift, etc.? I don't know, but I'm hoping for my sake that the Premium seat locations are like cherry picked $150 seats. I've done Premium at 2 other venues and they were generally extremely close seats to the stage (within the first 3 to 5 rows).

Last edited by Benny003; 01-30-2018 at 07:03 AM.
    Old 01-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #44
    greenpeace41

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Wasn't able to pull a pair at all for presale. Pulled a couple singles in promenade 4.
    greenpeace41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #45
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I was able to pull Singles in the Terrace Box section, but it would not allow the order to process since they are only sold in pairs. Not sure how there were singles popping up, but they were not when I searched for 2 tickets.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #46
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Any of you LA for drive a truck with dmb plates? I forget what the plates were, but I've seen a truck on the 405 multiple times w/dmb plates and sticker(s) on it. Not many of us out here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #47
    sam63

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I’m in!!
    All the way from the U.K. for the final night of the tour! Absolutely buzzing for it.
    Nosebleed tickets, but just thankful that I’ll be there!
    sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #48
    jennlayton
    Shy as a butterfly

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Traffic to the Bowl is insane. Parking is a literal nightmare. Getting into the Bowl is horrendous (be prepared). But I'll be there, with a grin on my face, ready for whatever the boys have in store for the evening. It's really a lovely venue. Really excited for this closer. I'll be flying solo for my 83rd show.
    Old 02-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #49
    azeemazli

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Terrible to be honest. The benches are uncomfortable and there’s no separation between seats.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenpeace41 View Post
    Got confirmed for the $69 price level through the warehouse. Really my only upset from this year's lotteries. But still really excited for this show! I've always wanted to check out the venue.

Anybody know what it's like up there in the nosebleeds?
    azeemazli is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #50
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennlayton View Post
    Traffic to the Bowl is insane. Parking is a literal nightmare. Getting into the Bowl is horrendous (be prepared). But I'll be there, with a grin on my face, ready for whatever the boys have in store for the evening. It's really a lovely venue. Really excited for this closer. I'll be flying solo for my 83rd show.
    Parking isnt so bad if you park at Hollywood and Highland and then walk up. I am planning on taking the subway to Hollywood and Highland and doing the walk.
    Old 02-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #51
    jennlayton
    Shy as a butterfly

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Parking isnt so bad if you park at Hollywood and Highland and then walk up. I am planning on taking the subway to Hollywood and Highland and doing the walk.
    You're absolutely right. Will shuttle in, if TM releases tickets. Had trouble with pre-purchasing on Friday. Used the shuttle for Dead and Co. and it was a great way to get to the Bowl.
    Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #52
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Seat assignments were posted. WH Premium Reserved landed me 3rd box row behind the GA pit a little off center. I'll take it. Each box has 2 rows of seats, so we'll basically either be row 5 or 6 behind the pit.
    Old 02-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #53
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Terrace 1561. Not thrilled but it's not terrible.
    Old 02-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #54
    TwoStep01

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I too, have never seen concerts in this fashion before, but pretty much sums up how whacky Hollywood Bowl is / the crowd.

I saw ZBB there and people next to me ordered some kind of short rib meal that had sides and was brought to them by a waitress a little before the show started, and then there was a table within the small little box they were in, and they just brought the food straight out.

Couple of friends of mine went to go get glasses of wine, but they could only find it where they sold it in bottles, so they just bought a whole bottle for like 28 bucks. It's as much of an outdoors upscale music venue you'll ever find. Pros: you don't have to deal with a ton of loud annoying drunk people and everything is super nice and clean. Cons: This all creates a dull environment from a crowd standpoint for a show.

In terms of parking, just don't park at the venue. Park somewhere downtown and walk. This way you can pregame at an endless amount of options of cool bars, you avoid the venue's stacked parking that takes forever to get out of afterwards, and can get out relatively quickly. There are local places that are maybe a 20-30 minute walk to the venue that have parking lots that charge 25-30 bucks. It's worth it.
    Just to clarify for out of towners, when he says park downtown, I’m guessing he meant park somewhere in Hollywood and then walk. Downtown LA is nowhere near walking range of the Bowl.

If you want to avoid the parking at the Bowl ( and you do...), try to take the Red line Metro to Hollywood/Highland station then walk north on Highland to the venue. It’ll be a good 20-30 min hike each way but you’ll spend more than that trying to get out of the lot. And despite what you may have heard, LA’s subway isn’t bad. No better or worse than in other cities from my experience.
    2001:Gorge x3; 2002:Gorge x3; 2003:Gorge x2; 2014:Chula Vista; 2015:Irvine; 2016:Chula Vista, Irvine; 2018:Atlanta, Mtn. View; 2021:Irvine x2; 2022: Chula Vista, Hollywood Bowl x2; 2023:Irvine x2;
    TwoStep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #55
    Benny003

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep01 View Post
    Just to clarify for out of towners, when he says park downtown, I’m guessing he meant park somewhere in Hollywood and then walk. Downtown LA is nowhere near walking range of the Bowl.

If you want to avoid the parking at the Bowl ( and you do...), try to take the Red line Metro to Hollywood/Highland station then walk north on Highland to the venue. It’ll be a good 20-30 min hike each way but you’ll spend more than that trying to get out of the lot. And despite what you may have heard, LA’s subway isn’t bad. No better or worse than in other cities from my experience.
    I'll be curious to know what using the WH's parking pass is like. I think a parking pass is included with the premium package.
    Old 02-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #56
    sixstringsk

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Hey guys, super pumped for this bowl show -- will be my first time seeing Dave on the west coast. I unfortunately, missed the Citi presale and tickets sold out fast. If anyone has two tickets for sale, please let me know. Thanks!
    sixstringsk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #57
    wvufan2010
    Evan

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Turns out I will be making the trip from Alabama! Looking forward to finally seeing a show at the Bowl taking a proper trip to LA for the first time.
    wvufan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #58
    TwoStep01

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wvufan2010 View Post
    Turns out I will be making the trip from Alabama! Looking forward to finally seeing a show at the Bowl taking a proper trip to LA for the first time.
    Nice! Enjoy your trip. Don’t let the more subdued crowd in LA bother you, it’s seriously just a West Coast thing.

I’m doing the opposite. Can’t make the Bowl this year, so I’m heading to Orange Beach instead. Excited to catch my first DMB shows in the South.
    2001:Gorge x3; 2002:Gorge x3; 2003:Gorge x2; 2014:Chula Vista; 2015:Irvine; 2016:Chula Vista, Irvine; 2018:Atlanta, Mtn. View; 2021:Irvine x2; 2022: Chula Vista, Hollywood Bowl x2; 2023:Irvine x2;
    TwoStep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #59
    mjpbelmont

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

How's the sound quality from the back of the venue? I've heard mixed reviews. Hoping it's not too quiet/muffled.
    mjpbelmont is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #60
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjpbelmont View Post
    How's the sound quality from the back of the venue? I've heard mixed reviews. Hoping it's not too quiet/muffled.
    Consider alternate options.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote