*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 12535 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-30-2021, 07:00 AM   #376021
coldengrey12
Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)

Hope you get good news, Cazzie
coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-30-2021, 07:01 AM   #376022
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Good luck caz.

My kids had a small bug to start the summer and I regret not getting them tested at the time. Would be nice to know if they'd had it already.
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:01 AM   #376023
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=cazzie34;17999818]"Risk of reinfection with Delta may be higher [aOR 1.46 (CI 1.03-2.05)] compared to Alpha variant, but only if prior infection ≥180 days earlier"

Bingo. That's what I was looking for. It won't get my psycho sister to get vaccinated but at least I can now rebut the Cleveland clinic study.[/

I’ve seen very little info out there not supporting natural infection being strong and robust in protecting you against all the strains.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/reinfe...d-virus-study/

Babs and Diableri could probably answer this or tell us what they’ve heard. I’m not working in healthcare anymore, but I’ve heard anecdotal stories of break through cases in the health care workers who got vaccinated early in the process. They’re not seeing that yet in the staff members who got their shot later.

Seems like the worst case scenario is a Delta exit followed up by whatever is next mixed with vaccine decay around the holidays.

Would sure be nice to have national AB studies done.

Hope you get good news. Both of mine had it. They’ll be fine if they test positive.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #376024
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

What is the rationale for continuing to pump $120 billion a month in QE if GDP growth is now 6-8% and the economy is now larger than it was pre pandemic?
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #376025
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Found out this morning that my boss had Covid for the last couple weeks. He was at all the Lightning watch parties and celebrations in early July, which is more than likely where he got it.

Shitty thing is, I didn’t find out until he got back. I interacted with him between the Lightning winning the Cup and going on my vacation to NYC, so I could have easily spread it up there without ever knowing it. It’s pretty fucked up that everyone he interacted with in that time frame wasn’t told immediately when he tested positive.
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:18 AM   #376026
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    What is the rationale for continuing to pump $120 billion a month in QE if GDP growth is now 6-8% and the economy is now larger than it was pre pandemic?
    The economy is pretty much now equivalent in size to the pre COVID economy (just a tick larger). That means it’s now flat over a nearly 20 months period - looking at the longview, you’d probably want SOME level of QE if growth was 0% over that period, in a vacuum. I think there will be a case to be made for QE until the economy is 4-5% larger than YE’19.

That, plus unemployment is still relatively high compared to pre-pandemic. I would think that is also weighing in their decision on when to trigger a taper
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:19 AM   #376027
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    Found out this morning that my boss had Covid for the last couple weeks. He was at all the Lightning watch parties and celebrations in early July, which is more than likely where he got it.

Shitty thing is, I didn’t find out until he got back. I interacted with him between the Lightning winning the Cup and going on my vacation to NYC, so I could have easily spread it up there without ever knowing it. It’s pretty fucked up that everyone he interacted with in that time frame wasn’t told immediately when he tested positive.
    Do you know when he knew? Because that’s super fucked up and I’d be going to HR or some shit to keep me from not working there anymore.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:22 AM   #376028
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Both kids have a slight fever, sneezes/coughs, and runny noses! Taking them in today to get tested! Wonderful!

Good luck caz! Hopefully just a summer cold
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:25 AM   #376029
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Sounds like your boss is a real asshole. I'd be onto HR asap if I were you.
    swordo84 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 AM   #376030
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    You people think we have school in 2 weeks? Wheels are already turning.
    My county is highly vaccinated and still in moderate transmission.
    I have no doubt they'll return in person, but I don't know how long it'll last. My oldest should be there every day - he's in the middle school, so there's no excuse not to have the majority vaccinated. I don't know how many actually are though, and it'll be ridiculous and a shame if they have to go online because kids didn't get vaccinated (when he's in the age eligible group).

I did just reach out to the catholic school my oldest previously attended b/c I may enroll my youngest (kindergarten). They went in person every day last year, so I expect this year to be the same for them. And I have zero desire to have kindergarten go hybrid or remote.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    This isn't really a politics topics, but it's not really (solely) an investment thread topics either:

Amazon missed their sales target, and their stock is getting crushed in pre-market; taking the Nasdaq with it.

The sales miss, on its face, is somewhat of a shock. But when you peel it back a bit, it makes sense - consumers spent all of 2020 stocking up on endless home and consumer goods. Now that restrictions have eased (or were eased, in Q2), people are moving their spend to travel/hospitality/leisure. What I think has markets spooked a bit is whether or not Amazon busted its nut in 2020, and is less likely to see high level of consumer activity on its platform in Q3.

And it asks whether the conventional wisdom of this new post-pandemic "new normal" is right - is e-commerce here to stay as the end all? Or will traditional retail regain footing post-pandemic.

For the folks in here - being vaccinated and assuming Delta can be controlled within a month or two, are you more likely to shop in-person for some of the items you may have simply ordered in 2020 online due to the mobility restrictions and concerns (anything from consumer goods/retail items, or even groceries)? Does the in-person experience offer benefits you value, or will you stick primarily with the convenience of shopping on the apps?

Pre-pandemic, I already did curbside or deliver for 90% of my groceries. It's just more convenient, and obviously cuts impulse buys.

The rest of my shopping had been and is still heavily online.
    But, since April, I have gone to the mall 3 times, which is honestly more than the last 5 years combined.

I did go inside to the pet store today to buy supplies for our new puppy.
    I don't see my habits changing. The only time I really avoided going inside a store was last spring. Last summer, I changed what stores I went to based on mask compliance (we largely lived in the Laurel Highlands last summer, so I switched from shopping in Somerset (zero masks) to Ligonier (almost 100% masks).

My youngest has been playing Christmas music and I mentioned to my husband how excited I was for Christmas this year b/c (among other things) I love going shopping for Christmas. His response was "you shop online anyway." :l0l
    (which yes, normally, but I love going inside stores during Christmas).

We always keep a close eye on earnings reports and tech stocks due to my husband being in the industry. Two weeks ago (or so), a player that took off during the pandemic bought his company (it was publicly announced, just not closing until 2022), which is ironic b/c his company was an angel investor in them pre-pandemic. So we've been especially in tuned lately.

Last edited by mandy18; 07-30-2021 at 07:43 AM.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #376031
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    My youngest has been playing Christmas music and I mentioned to my husband how excited I was for Christmas this year b/c (among other things) I love going shopping for Christmas. His response was "you shop online anyway." :l0l
    (which yes, normally, but I love going inside stores during Christmas).

Celebrating Christmas tomorrow with extended family from both sides
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #376032
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Celebrating Christmas tomorrow with extended family from both sides

Just make sure nobody is only identifying as vaccinated
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:50 AM   #376033
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Just make sure nobody is only identifying as vaccinated

The only person who isn't is a 7 year old
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:54 AM   #376034
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    The only person who isn't is a 7 year old

Make him sit in the yard
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:59 AM   #376035
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

Lock him in the basement like Slavitt would suggest.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:22 AM   #376036
    MOWJO8185

My Tour Central Stats

I'm pretty frugal and was pretty against Instacart because of the markups in price.

However, during covid I did start doing Walmart curbside for groceries, mostly because to my knowledge there isn't a markup in price. Now that I'm accustomed to it, I'll definitely keep doing it after covid, and honestly, they've got me so hooked that at this point I would probably be happy eating a markup in price.
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #376037
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    I’m vaccinated for small pox and covid

Come at me bro
    My doc just told me that I need to get the shingles vaccine. I actually had shingles once already.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:38 AM   #376038
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

What is this?
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:38 AM   #376039
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    My doc just told me that I need to get the shingles vaccine. I actually had shingles once already.
    Same!

Well, the had shingles part. I thought we were too young to get the shot.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #376040
    rmp207

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/u...e=articleShare

WASHINGTON — President Donald J. Trump pressed top Justice Department officials late last year to declare that the election was corrupt even though they had found no instances of widespread fraud, so that he and his allies in Congress could use the assertion to try to overturn the results, according to new documents provided to lawmakers and obtained by The New York Times.

The demands were an extraordinary instance of a president interfering with an agency that is typically more independent from the White House to advance his personal agenda. They are also the latest example of Mr. Trump’s wide-ranging campaign during his final weeks in office to delegitimize the election results.

The exchange unfolded during a phone call on Dec. 27 in which Mr. Trump pressed the acting attorney general at the time, Jeffrey A. Rosen, and his deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, on voter fraud claims that the department had disproved. Mr. Donoghue warned that the department had no power to change the outcome of the election. Mr. Trump replied that he did not expect that, according to notes Mr. Donoghue took memorializing the conversation.

“Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, Mr. Donoghue wrote in summarizing Mr. Trump’s response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rmp207 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #376041
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I’ve had the chicken pox vaccine

Wonder if I’ll need shingles
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:41 AM   #376042
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I'm pretty frugal and was pretty against Instacart because of the markups in price.

However, during covid I did start doing Walmart curbside for groceries, mostly because to my knowledge there isn't a markup in price. Now that I'm accustomed to it, I'll definitely keep doing it after covid, and honestly, they've got me so hooked that at this point I would probably be happy eating a markup in price.
    We will Instacart on occasion, but usually only when we have a coupon-code for free delivery/$15 off your order (to account for the fees and/or tip)

Quote:
    What is this?
    Hockey?
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:42 AM   #376043
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

We are actually signed up for 2 schools next year for Kindergarten:

- Private school will 100% be in person. Costs money obviously.
    - Charter school that follows the same guidelines as LAUSD.

I'd rather send my daughter to the charter school, but who knows if they will be in-person. Also, for the private school, we already put down a non-refundable deposit. We'd have to eat that if we choose the charter.
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #376044
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Today’s Anniversary of Medicare & Medicaid reminds us to reflect on the critical role these programs have played to protect the healthcare of millions of families. To safeguard our future, we must reject Socialist healthcare schemes.

https://twitter.com/elisestefanik/st...300186634?s=21

Likely the funniest thing you’ll read today.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #376045
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    Same!

Well, the had shingles part. I thought we were too young to get the shot.
    Well, if you are under 50, your insurance will probably not pay for it. But because I have random medical issues, I should bite the bullet and pay for it.
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:45 AM   #376046
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post

Hockey?
    Oh shit you're right.

My mind automatically went to watching Lighting McQueen in the movie Cars. Was unclear why there would be parties for that
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #376047
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    Today’s Anniversary of Medicare & Medicaid reminds us to reflect on the critical role these programs have played to protect the healthcare of millions of families. To safeguard our future, we must reject Socialist healthcare schemes.

It's clear as day - they think so incredibly low of their own voters and constituents. They think they're stupid enough to nod their head to that.

And a lot of them are.

Quote:
    Oh shit you're right.

My mind automatically went to watching Lighting McQueen in the movie Cars. Was unclear why there would be parties for that
    I'd be way more interested in a watch party for that than a hockey game
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #376048
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post

Swear to God they do dumb tweets on purpose with the hopes of getting libs mad at them. That somehow brings them pleasure. Tell me I'm wrong.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:53 AM   #376049
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

New: Trump instructed former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen to “say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me” after he lost the 2020 election, per handwritten notes obtained by the Guardian.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...415958537?s=19

It is what it is.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #376050
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    New: Trump instructed former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen to “say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me” after he lost the 2020 election, per handwritten notes obtained by the Guardian.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...415958537?s=19

It is what it is.
    Hey Drak!